Author Topic: OPPO BDP Owners  (Read 69308 times)

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
Re: OPPO BDP Owners
« Reply #60 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 03:31 PM »
That is why you needed an HDMI splitter :)

Brader Weng,
I somewhat found a work around for the HDMI Input of Oppo not accepting the DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD.
What I did was I bought a HDMI Splitter and used it to split the HDMI output of my NMT(Dune)...
One output going to the Oppo's HDMI Input and the other output going to my A/V Receiver.

I also directly connected the HDMI 1 output of the Oppo to the Darbee/PJ making the Oppo as somewhat video processor ;D
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #61 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 03:46 PM »
That is why you needed an HDMI splitter :)

Yup yup ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #62 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM »
What brand?
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM »
Im using "Swell" brand sir Jen.
I got this from rspeed :)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 08:23 PM »
Pwde ba gamitin both HDMI output at the same time? My Onkyo isn't 3D capable so what I do is Oppo's HDMI output 1 directly to TV, and a optical cable (?) to Onkyo. I'll try this suggestion when I get the chance. Btw, mine's BDP-93

To all Oppo owners,

If you have the time and extra HDMi cable try to connect the HDMI 1 output directly to your display(PJ or HDTV) and connect the HDMI 2 output directly to your A/V Receiver. And in the video settings select "Split A/V" on the Dual HDMI Output option.

Let us know if you'll notice any improvement on the PQ and/or SQ...
Because I somewhat notice improvement in sound quality doing this ;D
Only drawback is you will lose your A/V receiver's video output...

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 09:03 PM »
Pwde ba gamitin both HDMI output at the same time?

May Option ba sa video settings ng BDP93 na Dual HDMi output? If yes choose the "Split A/V" option and you are good to go...
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2013 at 09:03 PM by ♡ Louie_18™ ✌ »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
OPPO BDP Owners
« Reply #66 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 09:41 AM »
Thanks. Check ko ung oppo this week

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #67 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM »
Brader Weng,
I somewhat found a work around for the HDMI Input of Oppo not accepting the DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD.
What I did was I bought a HDMI Splitter and used it to split the HDMI output of my NMT(Dune)...
One output going to the Oppo's HDMI Input and the other output going to my A/V Receiver.

I also directly connected the HDMI 1 output of the Oppo to the Darbee/PJ making the Oppo as somewhat video processor ;D

brader louie,

good news, may workaround pala. is your HDMI splitter 3D compatible? pag hindi, maging SBS or TAB nalang ang bluray 3D mo.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM »
brader louie,

good news, may workaround pala. is your HDMI splitter 3D compatible? pag hindi, maging SBS or TAB nalang ang bluray 3D mo.

Try ko mamaya brader.
I think meron akong Titanic 3D iso ;D

Pero according sa isang review, eto yung sabi...

The Sewell HDMI Splitter takes an HDMI input signal and outputs both video and audio to two output connections so you can view the signal source on two different displays from the single input source. The Splitter uses version 1.3 of the HDMI specifications that supports the higher clock rate but more importantly the Sewell splitter supports 3D which is not a usual feature of version 1.3.

The HDMI Splitter 1x2 is a simple solution to duplicate your high definition source that supports HDMI v1.3b and up to 1440p video along with LPCM, Dolby DTS-HD master audio and even 3D content at 1080p.

Meron ding isang review na 3D 1080p 24p lang daw pwede...
This splitter can carry a 3D signal up to 24 FPS, so it doesn’t work with all 3D content

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM »
Gotta buy that sewell hehehe! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #70 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM »
Gotta buy that sewell hehehe! :D

hintay muna ng feedback kung gumagana ang 3D iso. otherwise maging SBS or TAB nalang sya pag di 3D compatible.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM »
Eto mga brader mukhang mas ok compared to what I have... With support for Full HD 3D and 4K resolution :)

http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Splitter-Ethernet-Support-Resolution/dp/B007TB1HUA/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #72 on: Nov 19, 2013 at 01:06 PM »
Brader Weng,

Ayus brader thanks sa info. ;) ;)

Eto mga brader mukhang mas ok compared to what I have... With support for Full HD 3D and 4K resolution :)

http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Splitter-Ethernet-Support-Resolution/dp/B007TB1HUA/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Mapapabili din ako nito.  ;) ;)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 09:02 AM »
hintay muna ng feedback kung gumagana ang 3D iso. otherwise maging SBS or TAB nalang sya pag di 3D compatible.

Brader Weng... Ngayon ko lang naisip na hindi pala 3D iso/3D full frame packing capable ang Dune NMT ko ;D
Naipahiram ko pa naman yung Egreat R300pro ko >:(

Try ko na lang sa Oppo, split ko yung HDMI 1 output nya ^-^
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013 at 09:07 AM by ♡ Louie_18™ ✌ »

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
OPPO BDP Owners
« Reply #74 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 09:55 AM »

Brader Weng... Ngayon ko lang naisip na hindi pala 3D iso/3D full frame packing capable ang Dune NMT ko ;D
Naipahiram ko pa naman yung Egreat R300pro ko >:(

Try ko na lang sa Oppo, split ko yung HDMI 1 output nya ^-^

So di capable and dune nmt of the bluray 3D?

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #75 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM »
Louie_18, how is the result if Dune to AVR.
a) Audio via Optical cable
b) Video via HDMI through the Oppo
c) AVR Audio set to Auto
Does it work on the Marantz?
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM »
So di capable and dune nmt of the bluray 3D?

That's a long time known fact that previous Sigma based NMT's can not play 3D iso/BDMV.
Only Realtek 1186 and the new Sigma 8910 (Popcorn Hour A400) could play 3D iso but without menu...

Louie_18, how is the result if Dune to AVR.
a) Audio via Optical cable - Didn't bother to try since Optical doesn't carry HD Audio and I don't have optical cable ;D
b) Video via HDMI through the Oppo - This is my set up right now and it's working
c) AVR Audio set to Auto - I'm not using the Marantz HDMi out therefore only the "Audio" signal is being processed by the Marantz
Does it work on the Marantz?

The Oppo HDMI 1 output is directly connected to the Darbee/PJ...
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM by ♡ Louie_18™ ✌ »

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
OPPO BDP Owners
« Reply #77 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM »
Napaisip tuloy ako na htpc than nmt hmmm. :)

Offline sonnysin168

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #78 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 09:37 AM »
Just got the 103D yesterday, my first Oppo. Played Eagles Farewell Tour Live From Melbourne BD and America self titled sacd (Audio Fidelity). Big video improvement over my Pana BD 60. Sound is very good, though not yet run-in, highs seem a bit laid back but bass is nice and fat. I'll try with dvda tonight.

Update (11-26-13):

Played Hotel California & Rumours DVDAs. Sounds really good. 103D's the best all around player I ever had.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2013 at 08:31 PM by sonnysin168 »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Nov 26, 2013 at 08:10 PM »
Anyone in need of an Oppo 103? :D

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Nov 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM »
Anybody installed the latest beta firmware?

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 06, 2013 at 12:25 PM »
Hi! Just got this via e-mail today from Oppo:

Dear ******* ****** *****,

A new firmware was released for your OPPO BDP-103/BDP-103D/BDP-105 Blu-ray player on December 5, 2013. Containing over 20 new features and bug fixes, this is a highly recommended update. Learn More about this new firmware and how to get it.

Media Control Application - Allows you to control your BDP-10x player using your iPad (iPhone and Android version coming soon). It has been recently updated to version 2.0, and incorporates a number of new features, such as the ability to access SMB shares, display album artwork, browse by different media categories, and share what files you are viewing or listening to with social media websites.

Getting the New Firmware - If your OPPO Blu-ray player has a connection to the Internet, you can easily and quickly upgrade over its Internet connection. Otherwise, you can upgrade via USB thumb drive or a self-created firmware upgrade disc. Detailed step-by-step instructions are available. You can also submit a request for a firmware upgrade disc to be mailed to you if none of these options are suitable for you.

The firmware is the system software that controls the features and functions of the player. Since the Blu-ray Disc specifications are still new and evolving, it is quite possible that recently-released Blu-ray discs use certain new features that were not available when the player was designed and sold. To ensure the best viewing experience, it is important to keep the player’s firmware up-to-date. If your OPPO Blu-ray player is connected to the internet, you may upgrade the player directly over the internet.

Do not reply to this e-mail. Click the Learn More link for more information. If you still have questions, you can contact us by E-Mail or by calling during our normal business hours. Replies to this e-mail are not actively monitored.

Best Regards,
OPPO Digital Customer Service

This Official firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android media control applications, which add new features like SMB access, album art display, media category support, and the ability to share information to mainstream social network websites. The MediaControlHD V2.0 (for iPad and iPad mini) is already in the App Store, and another version for the iPhone, as well as a corresponding Android app, will be available shortly.

Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP10X-60-0910 (which is essentially the same as BDP10X-58-0719 release), the major changes included in this version are:

1.    Added the "Power On Volume" and "Maximum Volume" selections for the Multi-channel and the Stereo (BDP-105 only) audio outputs. Both selections are available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Processing.
2.    Added the "Power On Input" selection which allows the customer to decide which input source should be used when the player powers on. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Playback Setup.
3.    Added the "Settings Management" selection which allows the customer to backup or restore the player’s settings. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Device Setup. A USB flash drive is required for this purpose, and the backup file is encrypted to only allow access from OPPO Technical Support.
4.    Added the “4Kx2K Output” selection to Setup Menu -> Video Setup with two settings: “Auto” and “Forced”. The “Auto” setting will upscale 24 Hz content to 4K if the connected display supports a 4K input. The “Forced” setting will output a 4K signal regardless of whether or not the player detects a 4K display and irrespective of the original source format.
5.    Added the "Auto" mode when choosing the SACD output audio format. This mode is available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Format Setup -> SACD Output.
6.    Added support for automatic file and folder sorting when accessing SMB servers. The files and folders are now sorted in alphabetic order.
7.    Added support for MKV files with PGS subtitles.
8.    Added Zoom functionality to video content sent through the HDMI IN ports.
9.    Upgraded the "CinemaNow" and "YouTube" applications.
10.    Improved support for CUE playlists. Now, a single CUE file can point to multiple music files in the same folder.
11.    Resolved a playback issue with several DVD-Audio discs. Customers reported that after upgrading to the BDP10X-58-0917 firmware, some DVD-Audio discs would play for a few seconds then the player was locked up, and all you heard was white noise. Samples include “Elvis: 30 #1 Hits”, “Bruckner: Symphony No. 7”, “Dream Theater”, “Nightwish: Once”, as well as discs self-authorized using “HD-Audio Solo Ultra” program.
12.    Resolved a frame rate decoding error for 24 Hz video files. Customers reported that after upgrading to the BDP10X-58-0917 firmware, many MKV, M2TS and TS files which were encoded as 23.976 Hz were decoded as 29.970 Hz. This issue has been resolved.
13.    Resolved an incorrect audio Downmix issue with the Stereo audio outputs (BDP-105 only). Customers reported that after setting "Stereo Signal" to "Front Left/Right", they could hear surround channel audio from the dedicated Stereo audio outputs. This issue has been resolved.
14.    Resolved a visible streaking issue observed on the BDP-103D player. Customers reported that after turning on the Darbee processing, they could see streaks or stripes in the background details, which became more obvious after increasing the Darbee level or switching to Full-Pop mode. This issue has been resolved in the official release.
15.    Resolved a multi-channel DSD support issue when using Dual Display mode. Customers reported that if they connected the HDMI 1 Out to a TV and the HDMI 2 Out to a DSD-capable receiver, the receiver could only recognize the Front Left and Front Right channels even if the players were reading a multi-channel SACD. This issue has been resolved.
16.    For the BDP-103D player, this firmware added three commands (QDB, SDB and DRB) to the RS-232 protocol for Darbee control. It also provided finer control over the Darbee level adjustment (in 1% increments).
17.    Added an experimental "Gapless Playback" feature. Currently, this feature only works for WAV and APE music files, and can be enabled in the music file navigation interface by pressing the OPTION button and then selecting the "Gapless Playback" option. In Gapless Playback mode, you may use buttons like PAUSE, PLAY, STOP, NEXT and PREV, but not REV and FWD. This feature is still under development and may be improved in future firmware releases.
18.    Resolved a compatibility issue with some DVD/BD blank discs. Customers reported that their self-burnt DVD or BD discs failed to load and play on the OPPO players. Samples include Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5G and BD-R DL 50GB blank discs. This firmware upgraded the software driver for the disc loader and resolved this issue.
19.    Resolved a compatibility issue with JRiver Media Center software. Customers reported that after installing the latest Public Beta firmware BDP10X-67-1120B, they could no longer see the JRiver's DLNA server in the list of My Network. This issue has been resolved in the official release.
20.    Resolved a channel mapping error in the DSD file playback, which only happened on BDP-105 players. Customers reported that if they set the "Stereo Signal" to "Front Left/Right", switched off the player then switched it on again, and played 2-channel DSD files from external storage, the Front Left channel sound could also be heard from the Surround Right output. This issue has been resolved in the release.
21.    General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples, sample title includes "The Longest Day (Blu-ray, 2012)".

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

Thanks! :D

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 06, 2013 at 03:03 PM »
Thanks. No need for the beta release. That one's official.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
OPPO BDP Owners
« Reply #83 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 08:28 PM »
May Option ba sa video settings ng BDP93 na Dual HDMi output? If yes choose the "Split A/V" option and you are good to go...

On my setup menu > video setup > primary output, I only have 3 options

HDMI1
HDMI2
Analog

So I guess i'll need a splitter as well? :(

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline Jick

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Feb 21, 2014 at 04:45 PM »
I got the Oppo 103D from board member ALICEGO and it is so far so good.  Ironically, I haven't watched Blu-Ray with it yet but have tested putting an external hard drive with mkv files (great 5.1!), my cd's in that same hard drive ripped to FLAC (audiophile quality), and also one demo SACD I have (wow!).  It's a great player and also serves as a pre-amp so I am running it with the power amp section of my NAD Intergrated C340 but that is only 50 watts so I am looking for a more powerful amp.  Let me know if you guys have questions on the 103D.
2 Channel Setup Only:
KEF LS50
REL T-9 Sub
Oppo 103D
NAD C340 Preouts
Emotiva XPA-200

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Feb 21, 2014 at 04:54 PM »
Night and day ang difference ng 105 sa 103 because of the dedicated DAC and XLR balance out..(sold the 103, 103D coming soon)

OPPO BDP 105

PAS - Philippine Audio Society - VM PasiguenIYO

Offline melbourne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Feb 21, 2014 at 05:44 PM »
Night and day ang difference ng 105 sa 103 because of the dedicated DAC and XLR balance out..(sold the 103, 103D coming soon)

OPPO BDP 105

Is Oppo BDP 105 available in the local market?