Author Topic: partner's reaction to your hobby  (Read 22898 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: partner's reaction to your hobby
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 09:30 AM »
My wife gave me 10 R-1 DVD's for Xmas (parang yung Xmas carol). She is supportive of my hobby.

My eyes (iris) must be flashing the DVD logo for a long time cuz she seems to have noticed what I so obviously wanted for Xmas (I didnt say or suggest anything) ;).
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2004 at 09:34 AM by matz »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 10:00 AM »
My wife gave me 10 R-1 DVD's for Xmas (parang yung Xmas carol). She is supportive of my hobby.

My eyes (iris) must be flashing the DVD logo for a long time cuz she seems to have noticed what I so obviously wanted for Xmas (I didnt say or suggest anything) ;).

sir, congrats sa bago nyong baby & for a having a supportive wife :D.....my wifey has now learned to appreciate this hobby and been very supportive especially in preserving the shrink wraps on the box sets and putting protective tapes on the edges of digipaks..... ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 10:26 AM »

sir, congrats sa bago nyong baby & for a having a supportive wife :D.....my wifey has now learned to appreciate this hobby and been very supportive especially in preserving the shrink wraps on the box sets and putting protective tapes on the edges of digipaks..... ;D

Thanks Classicman! Its really great to be blessed with a supportive wife! We have been watching DVDs a lot before we got married, so its just a habit that we continue till now. Keeps us at home a lot with lots of bonding time.

I am actually more excited to be at home than going out cuz I look forward to watching DVD's in our HT.

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2005 at 11:13 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 03:28 PM »
my wife is very supportive and shares my enthsusiasm in collecting dvds & setting up an HT... since she has been on leave from work for quite some time now, she has watched more of our dvds than me... she also at times asks me to look for movies that she likes like Bridget Jones's Diary, Chicago, etc... I'm lucky that we both love movies... she even gave me the Star Wars Trilogy box set as a gift (ako bumili kay baby and sya nagbayad)  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 04:52 PM »
Ngayon sinasanay na namin ang aming newborn (5 days old) sa noise ng home theater. Buti na lang he is always asleep & di nagigising sa lakas ng mga palabas over these holidays.

Anyway, I am sure he must be used to it when he was in her mother's womb, with all those movies we watched.

Sleepy child of mine.....

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 12:47 AM »
Ok lang sa wife ko, pero ayaw nya pag may "violence" like KillBill, etc. yung nabibili ko.  Gusto nya yung mga drama and love stories, mga tipong sleepers ba.  So I have to contend to collecting some DVDs na hindi ko gusto!

Ü
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2004 at 09:57 AM »
My girl is very supportive and watches my DVDs when she has time. She even buys them for me. And when people borrow my DVDs and don't return them, she's the one who makes kulit.  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
Re:partner's reaction to your hobby
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 05:18 PM »
"what do you do (to the dvds) after you've watched them?" she also doesn't understand why they are in a DISPLAY cabinet eh hindi naman pang-display
and why they have to be protected with a sleeve  ;D

hehe, oo nga, magandang pang-display ang dvds lalo na pag limited editions at maganda ang packaging. wala pa kasi akong display cabinet eh kaya nde pa nar-realize na magandang display  ::)

Offline mcbry

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 09:50 AM »
my wife is very supportive and loves to watch dvds also... kaso ayaw nya lang yung bigla nalang lalakas ang volume pagnanonood ng mga action movies...   ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2005 at 09:53 AM by mcbry »

Offline antukin

• Collector
  • pieces of you
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 07:10 PM »
pinagtatawanan lang ako ng wife ko whenever i check my small collection. baka kasi may nanood at hindi naisoli ng maayos. supportive din sya sa dvdbisyo ko, she even gave me a Christmas gift starwars trilogy. pero tinutulugan nya pa rin any movie i watch. tapos ngayon ang kalaban ko sa panonood ay ang aming 10month old baby. gusto nya sesame dvd and barney vcds.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 01:42 AM »
My girlfriend is very supportive of me on my hobby. Just recent, she suprised me with two collectable set mailed at my place on Christmas Eve via Fedex.. Its one of those life's moment that one is suprised because not only the love was felt Truely and suprisingly but also the proudness and flattery of a guy especially if the loved one provided her love and of the thing you collect.

Below are the photos I took showing how much I treasured the gifts from my ever beloved girlfriend.

Two Gorgeous Box Set given to me as a gift from my Girlfriend over the Holidays(Christmas and our Anniversary together).

Hellboy: Collectors DVD Gift Set (US-Region1)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen King's TV Series:Kingdom Hospital
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:30 AM »
buyahin natin ang thread na 'to & find out the current reactions of our partner(s) (or parents for the still unattached collectors) to this hobby..... :D

may nabago na ba after the lapse of sometime.....yung mga dating galit & ayaw sa bisyo natin nakumbinsi nyo na bang magustuhan na rin ito, or yung mga supportive dati umayaw na rin ba dahil sa gastos, hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:34 AM »
my wife has accepted it completely... as long as I buy dvds for her... so I guess I'm now supporting the hobby of 2 people  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:44 AM »
my wife has accepted it completely... as long as I buy dvds for her... so I guess I'm now supporting the hobby of 2 people  ;D  ;D  ;D

we have exactly the same situation & predicament, sir jeckjeck ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:55 AM »
 ;D at leas it is a happy predicament sir  ;D compared to before na nagagalit everytime I come home with new dvds or we argue about where to put them  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: partner's reaction to your hobby, DVDs & HT
« Reply #45 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 11:30 AM »
Now after 10 months into the hobby (HT & DVDs), my wife is addicted to watching DVDs in our HT with me. Sometimes I dont plan to watch but sya pa nauna nag-yaya manuod ng DVD, gets me surprised.

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2005 at 12:18 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 11:32 AM »
my mom's okay with it....since i dont have any other vices.....started her with my vcd collecting, and when i got a dvd player in 2001 (courtesy of my boss), started collecting dvds... so when we bought a cabinet for a new tv, we bought one were the left side can be used for storing my vcds and the right side is a glass encased cabinet - which i am about to fill up na  ::)

but of course, to avoid her wrath.....i have to keep the tag receipts from her so she would not suspect how much it is....or since i often buy sa marketplace, she doesnt know how much it costs....hehehehehehe  >:D  besides, as long as im not knee deep in debt...she's fine with it.  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:58 PM »
still supportive up to now  ::)  nakikinood din naman eh. at pag dumarating ung box of orders sa bahay laging tinatnong kung bakit wala pa akong copy nung dvd  ;D  sabi nga ni keilu, hangga't nde baon sa utang  ;)  and still have an extra cash to save

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #48 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 10:24 PM »
basta ang parating hirit eh buti nga ang pera di napupunta sa ibang babae....case closed ;D

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 05:25 PM »
Before my mom always scold me to buy groceries instead of dvds, kaya hayun pag may bitbit ako box from amazon, standard operating procedure that I should also have one plastic of grocery or one small bag of brewed coffee. Doble gastos!

Bribery hehehe...... :D

now she ask me if I bought any classic film like Gone With The Wind, Sound of Music, nanonood na din siya and she's waiting for those LVN flicks to be release on dvd.  ;D

My ex-gf before introduced me to those dvds of Meg Ryan, lugi ako because I lend to him my dvds of Renoir, Coppola, Peckinpah and Akira Kurosawa. She doesn't like those samurai flicks, that's why we broke up.  ;)  :D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2005 at 12:31 PM by keating »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 05:39 PM »
problem now is, masmapili pa sa akin sa dvd wife ko... gusto niya R1 pag-dvd nya  ;D Ayaw ng galing Astro or Tower  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 05:52 PM »
problem now is, masmapili pa sa akin sa dvd wife ko... gusto niya R1 pag-dvd nya  ;D Ayaw ng galing Astro or Tower  ;D

Napasama pa tuloy hobby mo jeckjeck, mas magastos.

LOL!  :D ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 05:57 PM »
Oo nga eh! Ngayon I need to replace our Friends Seasons 1 to 3 na sa Astro ko lang nabili. She wants the R1 releases kasi maraming special features  :P pero tama din naman siya doon...  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2005 at 09:39 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
Oo nag eh! Ngayon I need to replace our Friends Seasons 1 to 3 na sa Astro ko lang nabili. She wanys the R1 releases kasi maraming special features  :P pero tama din naman siya doon...  ;D

that's two birds hitting one stone! Kaya lang gastos pa din! Hehehe..... :D ;D

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #54 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 06:01 PM »
two thumbs up for your wifey :)......sakin maski dibidi...kontra e ???

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 06:44 AM »

sir jeckjeck, ikaw kasi tinuruan mo pa wifey mo sa bisyo natin, hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 09:41 AM »
hehehe... ako na nga lang ang bumibili sa Astro ngayon...  :P... kailangan ko pang mag-antay ng sale para bumili...  ;D

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 07:51 PM »
well, as for my gf... movie fanatic din naman siya, though not a fan of dvd's, she's still very supportive. as a joke, she bought me the dvd of bertud ng putik, bka daw maging collector's item yun pagdating ng panahon,,, hay nako!  :-[

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 20, 2005 at 09:30 AM »

as a usual reaction....gastos daw! but she's supportive naman in a way

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 30, 2005 at 01:50 AM »
basta ang parating hirit eh buti nga ang pera di napupunta sa ibang babae....case closed ;D

Patok!!!  LOL  ;D