Author Topic: Kung Fu Divas  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
Kung Fu Divas
« on: Oct 06, 2013 at 10:12 PM »
Kung Fu Divas (Onat Diaz) *** -  This is one of the very rare mainstream Filipino comedies that dare to try something unique and different. A perpetual beauty pageant loser meets up with a beautiful rival who sweeps in and takes her crown. It turns out she's her long-lost twin sister and they were banished from a Chinese tribe and they got kung fu powers. Yeah, I know. The concept is wonderfully weird and far out. It's both a satire on beauty pageants and the Filipino obssession with it and a spoof of sorts of kung fu/wu xia films. The first act or so which is mostly of the former is the most successful. It's sharp, biting, funny and accurate on beauty pageants. But latter part is a bit less successful and often gets a bit overwhelmed and some of it didn't quite work. It got back on the right track in the end. Overall, it's a commendable, solid effort.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
Re: Kung Fu Divas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2013 at 09:40 AM »
Thanks for the review. Will try to catch it this weekend... Sana meron pa

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2013 at 10:00 PM »
Bagay ba kay Marian yung role?
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2013 at 01:27 AM »
Bagay ba kay Marian yung role?

I guess. She's supposed to be a pretty girl but Ai Ai overwhelms her though (naturally).

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM »
Just saw it. It's funny but not LOL funny like kimmy dora or here comes the bride. The melodrama thing in the middle was corny. The cgi is good, almost great. The only stretch of the imagination would be that marian and ai ai are sisters. Mas mukha silang mag-ina