Author Topic: Experience with the Focal brand  (Read 2198 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
Experience with the Focal brand
« on: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM »
Just want to share to you guys my experience with the Focal brand. Couple of months back I bought a set of Focal Spirit One's from PDVD member Markcrenz. Mark won the set of cans from the last Christmas party of PDVD. I sparingly used the Spirit One for several months because I spend most of my audio time with my main rig however during those times that I used the cans I really enjoyed the way they sound. The intention of buying a set of good cans primarily would be for travel purpose. Now the time has come for me to put the cans into extensive use since I'm currently working in the area of LA, Nevada and Tijuana for the next couple of months. After three weeks of daily use of the cans I noticed a buzz coming out of the left side of the cans when a bass note is delivered. At first I thought it was just in the recording however I realized quickly that is the cans.

To cut the long story short I emailed Focal of France and they coursed me though their dealer here in the USA. I emailed the US dealership of Focal and I was surprised that their email reply took only 3 hours. Their resolution is to send me a shipping label to get my unit back and will replace it with a brand new Focal Spirit One that has the improved modifications (MKII model). Take note: I have no receipt whatsoever from the original Philippine dealer but the Focal Dealer here in the USA never asked for that. They just want to replace the unit ASAP. Talk about customer satisfaction. Iba talaga and consumer rights dito sa USA.

That being said to those who bought the pre-2013 models of the Focal Spirit One's check your unit for distortion on one or both channels. Focal WILL REPLACE your set. I just don't know if its applicable in the Philippines.  Now to those who will buy a brand new one ensure that the set is the new and improved version of the cans and not unsold NOS units.

http://www.focal.com/en/content/504-information-about-spirit-one
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Experience with the Focal brand
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM »
Great! Now that's what I call customer service!
What about the shipping cost?

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM »
pre-paid shipping label sir. I'm in Nevada and the dealership is in New York. They will pay for the shipping.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM »
ang galing naman ng Focal! worth emulating...   :)