Author Topic: PBA Season 39  (Read 142854 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #90 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 09:02 AM »
Abueva's pissed ...... so many are calling for his head (see: MERALCO top honcho's public rant) yet he didn't do anything wrong on that fateful play.

If indeed he sought refuge with the bottle, then it's indeed bad for him as an athlete.

As for the Big J, he does refrain from drinking (unlike many of his famous 80's contemporaries) ..... but staying out late at night is another thing.  ;)

By staying up late at night, what I meant was having a good time and partying ;D  Yves "the Rifleman" Dignadice, would go to parties, get drunk, sleeps in his car and goes straight to practice the next day.  Jawo never does that and is known to be a health buff.  Ex-Ginebra players Macky De Joya, Joey Loyzaga, Mukesh Advani ---all friends of mine --- attest to the superb physical conditioning and healthy ways of the Big J.  Joey once told me, Jawo never joins them in their occasional celebrations that involve late nights.  Di raw talaga nagpupuyat si Jawo.  He would always beg off early, telling them "Mga boys, uwi na ako iinom pa ako ng gatas ko at maglalaba pa ako ng uniform ko..." 
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014 at 09:03 AM by mattia »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #91 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 09:38 AM »
Tales from other close associates, also attest to Jawo's refusal to drink ..... even for social drinking.

Dignadice could have had a longer career ...... booze (and other stuff) is a killer for athletes.

The Loyzaga bros were teammates of my uncle during their old amateur league days (pre-PBA) ...... Joey was a colorful teammate to have - naging BF yata ito ni Gretchen right?  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014 at 09:39 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #92 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM »
Jawo, off the court, was the exact opposite of Francis Arnaiz, who always lived a fast life, liked fast cars and went for faster women.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM »
Tales from other close associates, also attest to Jawo's refusal to drink ..... even for social drinking.

Dignadice could have had a longer career ...... booze (and other stuff) is a killer for athletes.

The Loyzaga bros were teammates of my uncle during their old amateur league days (pre-PBA) ...... Joey was a colorful teammate to have - naging BF yata ito ni Gretchen right?  ;D

Yes Gretchen B.  And then Ana Amigo who is now married to the ex-PBA Player Antonio ( forgot the name ). 

---

Jawo's physical conditioning is the reason why, at age 45, he was still one of the top players of the league when he made that classic inbound to Distrito who made a twisting layup to win Game 7 vs Shell.  Quite rare for player his age.  He would then be an active player up to age 50 but his playing time has diminished over the years.

--- 

Back to the topic :  Hindi pa tapos yun Abueva Dillinger scuffle : http://www.mb.com.ph/dillinger-abueva-not-off-hook/

Delikado pa yata si Dillinger!  Baka ma suspend sila pareho...

Offline dalubhasa1980

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM »
Yesterday's match between Barangay Ginebra and Barako Bull had the makings of a classic. As usual, "talo na, panalo pa!" :D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM »

Back to the topic :  Hindi pa tapos yun Abueva Dillinger scuffle : http://www.mb.com.ph/dillinger-abueva-not-off-hook/

Delikado pa yata si Dillinger!  Baka ma suspend sila pareho...

Plain and simple, Dillinger should be suspended.

What he did was wrong, dangerous and more importantly, it was shocking to the kids watching ...... anytime you choke and shout at somebody, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Abueva didn't do anything wrong on that fateful play. It would be an injustice should he be penalized in any form.

Methinks that Comm. Cheato Salud will once again play it "safe" and side with the "favored" parties ...... Dillinger will probably get a few games suspension (which would be unfair) and Abueva will get penalized in some form (which would be wrong).

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #96 on: Jan 14, 2014 at 02:15 PM »
Jawo, off the court, was the exact opposite of Francis Arnaiz, who always lived a fast life, liked fast cars and went for faster women.
   sa glenda ang sarap sa glenda ang ligaya, sa bawat kagat.  nemesis bernard fabiosa both 'saxed' tootoot

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #97 on: Jan 14, 2014 at 02:19 PM »
dyan papasok ang management, dapat mulatsapul hire nila si abueva may mga 'clauses' na. Rendahan habang maaga

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #98 on: Jan 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM »

Offline Chain

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #99 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 04:56 AM »
another great game from San Mig!Grabe ginawa nila sa petron!

Offline ricracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 07:48 AM »
Ang daming Abueva lovers dito ah. =)   Some guys here glorify him too much by making comparisons to Jawo and even Lebron James! Haha.  He is a dirty player and every time he is on the court there is a melee or an injury waiting to happen.  I'm not sure if that elbow to JD's nose was "incidental".  It broke his nose, how "incidental is that?   If he really has good basketball skills, he doesn't have to rely on those dirty antics.   His skills are light years away from a Rudy Distrito or Ogie Menor...why does he need to go down to that level?
;)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM »
Looks like TNT is really bent on defending it's title. They just acquired KG Canaleta for Sean Anthony, Eliud Poligrates and their 2016 1st rd pick. They get a solid scorer at the 3 spot and get rid of 1 of their 7 Fil-Ams. Kumita na naman si Lito Alvarez at Lina dito. ;D

source: pbaconnect (Official PBA Twitter Account)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM »
Looks like TNT is really bent on defending it's title. They just acquired KG Canaleta for Sean Anthony, Eliud Poligrates and their 2016 1st rd pick. They get a solid scorer at the 3 spot and get rid of 1 of their 7 Fil-Ams. Kumita na naman si Lito Alvarez at Lina dito. ;D

source: pbaconnect (Official PBA Twitter Account)

If this trade is confirmed ...... then it's indeed another $$$ALE for PBA resident pimps Bert Lina & Lito Alvarez.

I can count no less than 4 separate times when KG Canaleta was traded by the AIR21/BARAKO franchise to an elite team ....... well, at least in this trade with TnT, it wasn't lopsided - Anthony & Poligrates are decent bench players plus that 1st round pick will become another GIFT to it's SMCorp owners.

Those past trades with SMCorp were horrendous and grossly lopsided, hence the banner :

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:33 PM »
These PBA referees are pussies. They don't have the guts to make the right call. Espinas threw an elbow then a punch to Hodge's head but no Flagrant 2 called. I'm an Alaska fan but Espinas should have been thrown out and suspended the next game. It doesn't matter if it was a do-or-die game.

Ginebra-Alaska in the quarters this Wednesday. Should be easy for Ginebra. Alaska is a mess right now. And they will be tired, playing their 3rd do-or-die game in 4 days. Wala pa si Abueva dahil injured.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #104 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM »
nice game Meralco vs Gatas.... muntikan pa....

tsk tsk tsk ...dalawang team ko pa maglalaban San mig coffee and TnT badtrip

gatas will make ginebra play well...or else....

espinas should get flagrant 2 - tsk tsk tsk
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jan 21, 2014 at 04:54 AM »
These PBA referees are pussies. They don't have the guts to make the right call. Espinas threw an elbow then a punch to Hodge's head but no Flagrant 2 called. I'm an Alaska fan but Espinas should have been thrown out and suspended the next game. It doesn't matter if it was a do-or-die game.

The league has long been Comm. Cheato Salud's PBA ........ the non-calls, WTF calls, non-suspensions, etc right now is the result of bad precedents accumulated from years ago. 

Espinas should have been penalized an F2 and thrown-out ....... same as Dillinger should have been F2 (and suspended heavily) for his run-in with Abueva during their previous game.

Heck, just a few months ago, Pingris & Nabong threw MMA-style punches and kicks at each other and just got 2 days suspensions each (!) 

Clearly, kasalanan ito ni Comm. Cheato Salud favoring certain teams right from the start of his tenure.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2014 at 04:54 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 06:21 AM »
Mark Caguioa with a double-chop to the head of Abueva ....... Caguioa with no intention for the ball since it's clearly hidden from him - even the PBA commentators took notice of this.

Like I've been saying, Abueva receives FAR more than he gives out ...... for every antic he shows, he gets clear hits to his head in return.

Let's see if Comm. Cheato Salud will heavily fine Caguioa ....... doubtful of course, baka si Abueva pa ang mabigyan nang fine for getting in the way of Caguioa's fists.  ;)

Offline Chain

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #107 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 07:26 AM »
Mark Caguioa with a double-chop to the head of Abueva ....... Caguioa with no intention for the ball since it's clearly hidden from him - even the PBA commentators took notice of this.

Like I've been saying, Abueva receives FAR more than he gives out ...... for every antic he shows, he gets clear hits to his head in return.

Let's see if Comm. Cheato Salud will heavily fine Caguioa ....... doubtful of course, baka si Abueva pa ang mabigyan nang fine for getting in the way of Caguioa's fists.  ;)

most likely po sir.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #108 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM »
Olats BGK sa laban nila sa Alaska kagabi, asar talo pa sa antics ni Abueva   >:( ;D

Delikado pa sa next game 'pag hindi dinagdagan ang intensity sa laro ng Barangay.

Ang lembot ni Slaughter, biruin mo si Abueva pa ang naka tap ng bola sa jump ball nila, naka tres tuloy si JVee Casio.  :-[

Bawi next game. Go BGK !

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #109 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 02:23 PM »
Olats BGK sa laban nila sa Alaska kagabi, asar talo pa sa antics ni Abueva   >:( ;D

Delikado pa sa next game 'pag hindi dinagdagan ang intensity sa laro ng Barangay.

Ang lembot ni Slaughter, biruin mo si Abueva pa ang naka tap ng bola sa jump ball nila, naka tres tuloy si JVee Casio.  :-[

Bawi next game. Go BGK !

As I've said before, for BGK to get into the semis and to the finals, the veterans like Caguioa and Helterbrand should step up their games.
They may have very talented rookies and sophomores but not much experience under pressure.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #110 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 03:53 PM »
Ang tindi din nang outside/perimeter shooting ng Alaska last night.
Mayayari Ginebra next game kapag ganun na din shooting ng Alaska.
Tindi shooting nila Casio, Hontiveros, Baguio and Jazul kagabi ;D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 06:43 PM »
Ginebra star Mark Caguioa fined P5,000 for hitting Alaska’s Calvin Abueva
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ginebra-star-mark-caguioa-fined-p5000-for-hitting-alaskas-calvin-abueva

The PBA Commissioner’s Office has slapped a P5,000 fine on Barangay Ginebra star guard Mark Caguioa for hitting Alaska’s Calvin Abueva during their quarterfinals match on Wednesday night.

League media bureau chief Willie Marcial confirmed the development to InterAksyon.com in a text message.

Caguioa and Abueva were scrambling for the loose ball when the veteran Ginebra guard lost his balance, but fell on the sophomore Alaska forward, who was hit on both ears in the process.

This is the second straight day a player was fined by the league.

On Thursday, Abueva’s teammate, Gabby Espinas, was given a hefty P20,000 penalty after the PBA upgraded the flagrant foul penalty 1 called against him to penalty 2 as he hit Meralco forward Cliff Hodge on the head twice when they fell down after jockeying for position.

Offline tsarlz

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 06:51 PM »
Ginebra star Mark Caguioa fined P5,000 for hitting Alaska’s Calvin Abueva
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ginebra-star-mark-caguioa-fined-p5000-for-hitting-alaskas-calvin-abueva

The PBA Commissioner’s Office has slapped a P5,000 fine on Barangay Ginebra star guard Mark Caguioa for hitting Alaska’s Calvin Abueva during their quarterfinals match on Wednesday night.

League media bureau chief Willie Marcial confirmed the development to InterAksyon.com in a text message.

Caguioa and Abueva were scrambling for the loose ball when the veteran Ginebra guard lost his balance, but fell on the sophomore Alaska forward, who was hit on both ears in the process.

This is the second straight day a player was fined by the league.

On Thursday, Abueva’s teammate, Gabby Espinas, was given a hefty P20,000 penalty after the PBA upgraded the flagrant foul penalty 1 called against him to penalty 2 as he hit Meralco forward Cliff Hodge on the head twice when they fell down after jockeying for position.
This is lame!!!

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 08:00 PM »
ganda ng laban ng tnt and san mig.........nice win for TNT.....( parehas ko pang bata naglaban hehe)
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 08:08 PM »
A mere P5,000 fine for a vicious double-chop on the head ...... and this was during a play wherein the basketball and Caguioa were far apart from another.

The ball was behind Abueva's butt ...... while Caguioa's fists were on Abueva's face.

Well, this is PETRON VP este Comm. Cheato Salud's PBA ...... at least Caguioa got fined a few thousand pesos.

I was half-expecting that Comm. Cheato Salud would fine Abueva instead for standing in the way of Caguioa's fists.  ;)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #115 on: Jan 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM »
Ang tindi din nang outside/perimeter shooting ng Alaska last night.
Mayayari Ginebra next game kapag ganun na din shooting ng Alaska.
Tindi shooting nila Casio, Hontiveros, Baguio and Jazul kagabi ;D

Nawala totally ang outside/perimeter shooting ng Alaska kanina...
At sinwerte naman ang Ginebra, daming alahoy na tirang foul-counted ;D
First quarter palang umabot na nang 20 ang lamang nila...
Maganda din laro bukas, Do-Or-Die between TnT and San Mig Coffee...

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jan 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM »
^ Nice. Waiting na BGK, this time hindi waiting for next conference  ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jan 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM »
Nawala totally ang outside/perimeter shooting ng Alaska kanina...
At sinwerte naman ang Ginebra, daming alahoy na tirang foul-counted ;D
First quarter palang umabot na nang 20 ang lamang nila...
Maganda din laro bukas, Do-Or-Die between TnT and San Mig Coffee...
congrats to BGK...
my TNT and my San Mig later for a do or die.... tsk tsk tsk
Love me or hate me.....

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #118 on: Jan 26, 2014 at 07:04 PM »
nangangamoy talo ang TnT...