Author Topic: PBA Season 39  (Read 142818 times)

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #990 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 08:41 AM »
so masasabi nyo ba na iba pa rin mag coach ang mga banyaga o nasa player lang talaga? what if nag swap sila ng team, mananalo pa rin ba ang san mig?
it should be both...

its player and coach and not coach only nor players only... hehe
to win championship you should gain trust with one another..

Tim Cone is hands down the greatest coach in PBA history ....... but coaching and a killer offensive system can only take you so much.

In pro basketball, you need TALENT to win championships.

Like I've said more than a few times, Tim Cone won big with ALASKA during the Abbarientos-era ..... post-Abbarientos, he won just 4 championships in over 12 years!

Four championships in 12 years is a feat in itself, but pales in comparison to his earlier years.

Once Tim Cone came to SMC, he began winning again, BECAUSE he had an ultra-loaded roster at his disposal.

Exactly bro ...... this is one aspect of the PBA that's been ignored by the great majority of fans.

There is no way in hell that SMC stays under the PBA salary cap with that loaded roster ...... Its a known fact in the PBA newsbeat that James Yap receives no less than 500K/month.

By the way, halos lahat nang lineup nang SMC is composed of players bought este traded from its farm teams (Lina/Chua) ...... si PJ Simon lang ang tanging notable SMC-owned draft pick.

i beg to difer with this

madaming factor to consider on winning championship. Talent could be part of it but not all talent.
Checked San Miguel / Petron - they have the most talented players for the past 10years.
Madaming talented players na nakupo lang nagpapalake ng itlog. 

Sobra sa talent - Kung talent paguusapan dapat naka 10peat na yang SAN MIGUEL hehe..

PISTON with chauncy billup... do they have talent? yes they have but not as talented as LA Lakers when they met in the Final.

So many factors to consider on winning championship

GOOD COACH - > staff behind him
 coach who can motivate talented or not so talented players
players - talented or not talented - know your role hehe

Its a TEAM PLAY

Love me or hate me.....

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #991 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:08 AM »
In Pacific Rims (written by Rafe Bartholomew), Alaska lang ang sumusunod sa salary cap. Fred Uytengsu values integrity above all.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
« Reply #992 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:09 AM »
di ba you also need the help of the refs to win?  >:D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #993 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:26 AM »
di ba you also need the help of the refs to win?  >:D
In the past, Tim Cone can intimidate the referees. Nasa culture ng Pinoy na takot mapagalitan ng kano. Pero sa tagal na ni Tim Cone dito, I'm not sure if that still applies. If it does, hindi na ganun ka obvious.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:26 AM by SiCkBoY »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #994 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:51 AM »
I don't follow PBA (playoffs/finals lang), what was Sanmig Coffee before tim cone era? regular ba sila sa Finals?
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #995 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM »
@raider125 ....... Hehe. Obvious naman brader na teamwork required, kung may talent man or wala.

Hindi ko naman sinabi na TALENT alone wins championships.  ;)

As for that PISTONS team, fully agree ako ...... Check out the NBA thread posts yesterday - itong 2004 PISTONS team ang ginamit kung lone example of a superstar-less champion.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM »
I don't follow PBA (playoffs/finals lang), what was Sanmig Coffee before tim cone era? regular ba sila sa Finals?

They regularly undeachieved ......

Three (3) championships during the Gregorio era - one was because PUREFOODS was a complete team and the PBA lent its top talents to thr National Team ...... the two other championships were controversial since the refs made some very fine work (IIRC Joe Devance was involved, since he was with ALASKA then).

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #997 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM »
If Tim is the winnginest PBA coach then is Alaska the winningest team in PBA history which won all except 1 also under Tim Cone?

San Miguel pa din ang winningest team in PBA History with 19...
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM by ♡ Louie_18™ ✌ »

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 01:19 PM »
From Rappler:

xxx

Manny Pacquiao is going to be the head coach of KIA. So, it makes a great situation if he gets drafted to be a player of the team – making him a “playing-coach.” Nonetheless, there’s a chance another team could pick him up first. Maybe GlobalPort, which owns the No. 1 pick in the 2014 PBA Draft, or No. 2 Rain or Shine.

However:

“I’m sure he made arrangements with the other teams not to draft him,” according to the source. “Undoubtedly, meron nang usapan yan na hindi siya kukunin nang mga ibang team.” (Without a doubt, there’s an agreement that he won’t be picked by another team)

But what if another club does draft Pacquiao? Will he relinquish his role as KIA’s head coach? Will the consequences of such a scenario be severe?

“You can imagine the fiasco if somebody breaks the gentlemen’s agreement,” says the source, who noted a similar happening 14 years ago.

In 2000, PBA legend Allan Caidic was nearing the twilight of his career and was a playing coach for the Barangay Ginebra Kings. To protect his players from the upcoming expansion draft of that year, Caidic made himself an unprotected roster member.

And then what happened?

“Yeng Guiao (coach of Red Bull) picked him.”

“Just so that he (Caidic) won’t play for Red Bull, he retired."

xxx

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 02:20 PM »
They regularly undeachieved ......

Three (3) championships during the Gregorio era - one was because PUREFOODS was a complete team and the PBA lent its top talents to thr National Team ...... the two other championships were controversial since the refs made some very fine work (IIRC Joe Devance was involved, since he was with ALASKA then).

wow and I assume no major acquisition/trade since he was hired (except maybe reshuffling his assistant coaches).. Tim Cone is the greatest coach of his generation (arguably), baka kasi magalit mga CHot reyes fans.. Go Gilas.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014 at 02:22 PM by puffalan84 »
The Pats way...

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1000 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 02:51 PM »
May fans nga kaya si Chot Reyes?

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1001 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 04:02 PM »
No team will draft Pacquiao on the 1st round, sa 2nd round pwede pa pang asar.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1002 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM »

Which PBA team has better talents than the Mixers? As far as i'm concern San Mig has the deepest bench and best chemistry among all the teams. Hnd ksi palipatlipat ng players and swapping of coaches/assistant coaches unlike the other San Miguel group of teams.
tnt and san miguel has better talents imo.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM »
So what's next for San Mig Coffee?

Sa next conference, baka pwedeng starting five naman sila Allein Maliksi, Justin Melton, Erik Mallari, Jerwin Gaco, and Yousef Taha.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1004 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 03:46 PM »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 04:24 PM »
Instead of a guy like Uyloan, ROS relegates 1st round pick Nuyles to the dispersal draft.

However, it just shows the kind of organization that ROS has ....... first off, ROS already has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft - where they will most likely select Banchero, who is easily an upgrade from Nuyles.

Also, its very likely that Yeng Guiao wanted to give Nuyles a nice break ...... by being in the dispersal draft, its guaranteed that he'll land in an expansion team and get more playing time.

Why not Teng? Why not Tang? ....... Jeric Teng & Chris Tiu are highly valued by ROS owners for their commercial appeal, while Tang's family is in business with ROS owners.

As for Larry Rodriguez, he's the weakest link among the ROS bigs due to his limited range - something which Guiao highly value ...... Belga, Quinahan, Cruz, etc all have extended range, while Almazan is a future stalwart.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 05:31 PM »
I doubt Fajardo can compete well in FIBA World Cup.
It's very obvious that he's too slow to match up against the opposing centers of other countries.
He also don't fit well with what Coach Chot wants which is to run, run and run.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 01:18 AM »
Tim Cone is hands down the greatest coach in PBA history ....... but coaching and a killer offensive system can only take you so much.

Like I've said more than a few times, Tim Cone won big with ALASKA during the Abbarientos-era ..... post-Abbarientos, he won just 4 championships in over 12 years!

Four championships in 12 years is a feat in itself, but pales in comparison to his earlier years.

Once Tim Cone came to SMC, he began winning again, BECAUSE he had an ultra-loaded roster at his disposal.

Exactly bro ...... this is one aspect of the PBA that's been ignored by the great majority of fans.

There is no way in hell that SMC stays under the PBA salary cap with that loaded roster ...... Its a known fact in the PBA newsbeat that James Yap receives no less than 500K/month.

By the way, halos lahat nang lineup nang SMC is composed of players bought este traded from its farm teams (Lina/Chua) ...... si PJ Simon lang ang tanging notable SMC-owned draft pick.
it's not just talent but looking for the right player for his system.tim cone has an eye for that.some of the best trades he did was quilban for johnny a,duremdes for lago,cortez for tenorio.even some thought the trade for de ocampo for rico m. was a mistake but de ocampo proved to be a revelation during his stint with san mig.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 06:32 AM »
^ Indeed Tim Cone knows how to spot talent - him and Yeng Guiao are the best in the PBA, by far.

However, when Tim Cone transferred to SMC, he already had a core of Yap, Simon, Pingris, Rico. M, Devance, Reavis, etc ....... SMC was already loaded enough to run his triangle.

Tim Cone then got some more pieces in Maliksi & Sangalang via extremely lopsided trades.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1010 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:28 PM »
dahil wala na si lito alvarez, dispensable na si arboleda. :P
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1011 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM »
dahil wala na si lito alvarez, dispensable na si arboleda. :P

yup brader, MBA days palang tao na nyan sa Laguna Lakers, pwede pa yan si Wynne baka kunin pa ng KIA
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM »
^ I think Arboleda is married to a Lina kaya he's also part of their coaching or managing staff..
The Pats way...

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #1013 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 02:35 PM »
sorry...yes, i was referring to bert lina. he is lina's son-in-law, kaya untouchable sya sa air21
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:31 PM »
sa wakas sinibak na rin si Gregorio hehe bago na rin coach ng TnT  >:D >:D >:D
http://www.spin.ph/sports/pba/news/uichico-set-to-coach-talk-n-text-black-moving-to-meralco-as-gregorio-takes-new-career-path-in-mvp-shuffle

In fairness to Gregorio, he did have his share of success with BMEG but he can't turn Meralco into a champion team of course with the presence of sister team TNT.
As for the coaching change, I'm sure BLack will do better with Meralco since he can start his old school system again but I dont think Uichico will do well with TNT, actually I find Nash Racela a better replacement for Black at TNT since Nash is more likely to continue the system brought in by Coach CHOT before.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1015 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 12:49 AM »
In fairness to Gregorio, he did have his share of success with BMEG but he can't turn Meralco into a champion team of course with the presence of sister team TNT.
As for the coaching change, I'm sure BLack will do better with Meralco since he can start his old school system again but I dont think Uichico will do well with TNT, actually I find Nash Racela a better replacement for Black at TNT since Nash is more likely to continue the system brought in by Coach CHOT before.
i think gregorio under achieved when  was in b meg.malakas na talaga line up nila nun with younger j yap,simon,pingris r yap,raymundo andi remember ok din yung reserves nila.look what tim cone did to san mig kahit medyo bumaba na laro ni yap and simon

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1016 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 04:48 PM »
Madami executives nainis na naging vp si Gregorio. Hehe

Ang hirit, iba daw talaga pag pogi.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Jul 18, 2014 at 07:01 PM »
Blackwater's first pick is Danny Ildefonso.

Ildefonso will be joined by promising rookie Alex Nuyles, JR Cawaling, Eddie Laure, Bryan Faundo, JP Erram, Paul Artadi, Gilbert Bulawan, Bambam Gamalinda, Chris Timberlake, Norman Gonzales, and Rob Celiz.

Team KIA on the other hand will be bannered by Reil Cervantes, Mike Burtscher, Hans Thiele, Alvin Padilla, Jai Reyes, Paul Sanga, Angelus Raymundo, Eder Saldua, Nic Belasco, LA Revilla, Joshua Webb, and Richard Alanzo.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM »

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #1019 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 11:52 AM »
Pacquiao officially applies for PBA Rookie Draft
http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/boxing-mma/pacquiao/63710-pacquiao-applies-pba-rookie-draft
Havent read the article...pero pano pag dinraft sya ng ibang team?haha