Author Topic: ADD FOR TODAY - A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince  (Read 13149 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
ADD FOR TODAY - A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince
« on: Jan 02, 2014 at 10:13 AM »
TODAY'S VERSE
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." Revelation 12:11

TODAY'S DECLARATION
I will testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me.

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Knowing the Word
I believe the Lord showed me through an insight into Scripture how we can overcome Satan. Most Christians know that we are to overcome him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony. But many tend to make it a kind of repetitive phrase: “I plead the blood…I plead the blood.” I don’t want to discount the value of that practice, but I have observed that sometimes it does not impress the devil. I think we have to apply it more purposefully.

How do we overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony? Three elements are involved: the blood, the Word of God, and our testimony. And this is how I interpret the application of Revelation 12:11: We overcome Satan when we testify personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for us.

It is very clear that if we are going to testify to what the Word says the blood does for us, we will have to know what the Word says the blood does. Over the next several weeks, we will be looking at what the Word of God says the blood of Jesus accomplishes for us.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. Because of what the Word says, I proclaim that I have overcome Satan by testifying to what the blood of Jesus has done for me. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014 at 06:00 AM by JT »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
Re: ADD FOR TODAY - A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014 at 06:00 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY
A Daily Devotional by Derek Prince

TODAY's VERSE
"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy." -Psalm 107:2

TODAY's DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil.

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Applying the Blood
In looking at this confession, we can see that we have to know what the blood of Jesus does for us. Then, we have to take it from the “blood bank” and get it into our lives. There is a parallel for this application in the Passover ceremony, which was God’s provision of deliverance and salvation for Israel. (See Exodus 12:21–27.) The father of each family had to kill a lamb (the sacrifice) and catch its blood in a basin. This act demonstrates the tremendous responsibility of fathers to be priests of their families.

The blood in the basin, however, did not protect any Israelite family; it had to be transferred from the basin to where the family lived. Only one means was provided, and that was hyssop. This plant is common in the Middle East; it grows everywhere there. So they had to pick a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood, and strike it on the lintel and two doorposts of their dwelling, but never on the threshold. You are never to walk over the blood.

With that done, the destroying angel could not enter the dwelling. But only those Israelites who were in their homes, safe behind the blood, were protected. That was the only place of safety in Egypt that night.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I am protected from the adversary by applying the blood to myself and my family. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2014 at 02:34 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE
"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy." -Psalm 107:2

TODAY's DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Walking in Obedience
In the Passover ceremony, the blood of lambs was collected in basins. Once the blood was transferred from the basins to the Israelites’ dwelling places, they were safe, on one condition: they had to stay inside their houses.

This truth is very important: the blood protects only the obedient. You are safe while you obey. Let’s look at 1 Peter 1:2. Peter was greeting the “pilgrims of the Dispersion [in Greek, diaspora]” (verse 1). He was specifically addressing the Jews outside the land of Israel, who were “elect [or chosen] according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ.”

Notice that obedience comes before sprinkling. The blood is not sprinkled on the disobedient. The blood does not protect those who go out of the house. It protects only those who are behind the blood or covered by it. So, bear in mind, although there is perfect protection in the blood, it is for the obedient alone.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim this day that I will walk in obedience to You. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2014 at 11:03 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY's DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Relying on the Lamb

In 1 Corinthians 5:7, Paul connected the Passover of the Old Testament with the crucifixion of Jesus:

For indeed Christ [the Messiah], our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

There is a very clear application of the Passover to the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. We can say that the Passover Lamb was killed almost twenty centuries ago, and His blood is in the basin. His blood has been shed, but the blood cannot protect us while it remains in the basin. We have to transfer the blood from the basin to the places where we live.

Under the old covenant, hyssop was used, but what do we use under the new covenant? The answer is our testimonies. Our personal testimonies take the blood out of the basin and apply it to our “houses” - to our lives, our situations, and our families. We overcome Satan when we testify personally to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for us.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that Jesus was sacrificed for me, and I rely on His blood to make me clean and free from sin. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2014 at 02:30 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY's DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Measure of His Love

On the Day of Atonement, the blood of the sacrifices had to be sprinkled seven times before God the Father. (See Leviticus 16:14.) We see this regulation exactly fulfilled in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross in the New Testament.

First, His sweat became blood. Second, the Roman soldiers struck Him in the face with their fists and with rods. Third, they flogged Him with a Roman scourge. Fourth, His beard was pulled out. Fifth, thorns were pressed deep into His scalp. Sixth, His hands and feet were pierced with nails. Seventh, His side was pierced with a spear.

That is the measure of Christ’s love. It cost Him literally all He had. He did not simply give up His glory, His throne, and His majesty as God. He did not simply give up His few earthly possessions as a man on earth. He gave up Himself. It was His own life that He poured out in His blood as the redemptive price. Think about that staggering reality and know that it is the measure of God’s love. It is extravagant, to say the least.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that He gave all He had - poured out His life completely - so that I may be free from sin. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen., for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that His complete work on the cross has taken away my sins. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 03:45 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY
A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Sinless Lamb
We were redeemed, or bought back, from our old, evil, ungodly ways of living, from the grip of Satan, from the condemnation of sin, and from being open to the attacks of the devourer and the destroyer. But how were we bought back?

Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.   (1 Peter 1:18–19)

We are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ - without blemish, without original sin; without spot, without personal sin - the sinless Lamb of God who took away the sins of the world. It is only through His blood that we are redeemed. There was no other amount that could pay the price to purchase our redemption.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that Jesus, the sinless Lamb of God, has taken away my sins. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2014 at 01:56 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - An Effective Transfer
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy.   (Psalm 107:2)

Some people may know that they were redeemed out of the hand of the devil; others do not. But I know full well where I was before Jesus came into my life; I have no doubt about it. I know what it is like to be in the devil’s hand, and I never want to be there again. I also know, by what Scripture says, that it was the blood of Jesus that got me out of the hand of the devil and into the hand of the Good Shepherd. Jesus said of His people, “I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand” (John 10:28 KJV). That was the transfer from the devil’s hand to the hand of the Lord.

But notice that this transfer is effective and able to benefit us only when we do one thing: when we “say so.” “Let the redeemed of the LORD say so.” If you are redeemed, say it! If you do not say it, your redemption is not effective. It is the word of your testimony that makes the blood effective.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I declare that by His blood, I have been transferred from the enemy’s hand to the hand of the Lord. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2014 at 04:23 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Protection of the Almighty
Psalm 91 has been called the “atomic age psalm.” This is a psalm of perfect protection from every kind of evil, danger, and harm - however it may come, by whatever means, and at whatever time. Many Christians know this passage well. But let’s just look at the first two verses:

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.   (Psalm 91:1)

The word abide in Hebrew normally means “to pass the night.” It is a word that is frequently used to describe the act of spending the night. So, this tells us that during the hours of darkness, the true believer will be under the shadow, or protection, of the Almighty. Notice the second verse:

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.”   (verse 2)

This is the antechamber, the entranceway, into the complete protection of the remaining verses of that psalm. It is your testimony: “I will say.” If you do not say it, you will not have it. And it takes some courage to say what follows in Psalm 91. But only those who say it have the scriptural right to live in it. It is the word of our testimony that makes it effective.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I declare that by His blood, I now live under the protection of Almighty God. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 05:31 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Bought at a Price
The term redemption means “to buy back.” We were slaves, exposed for sale in Satan’s slave market. The apostle Paul said, “I am carnal, sold under sin” (Romans 7:14). In the Roman culture of his day, to sell somebody as a slave was to sell him under a spear. He would stand on a block with a spear extended out over his head. When you saw him standing there like that, you knew that he was being sold as a slave.

Paul was saying in this statement, “My sin is the spear over my head, which has caused me to be sold as a slave in the slave market.” And there, too, were we - all of us, sold with Paul as slaves because of our sins.

But one day, Jesus walked into the market and said, “I’ll buy them.” What’s the price? The blood of Jesus. We were bought out of Satan’s kingdom and brought into God’s kingdom.

A slave has no choice about the type of job that he or she will perform for his or her master. One slave may be a cook, another a prostitute - it is the slave owner’s decision. That is how we were. Some may have been respectable slaves, but they were no better than those who were not so respectable. Do not despise prostitutes or alcoholics, for it was the slave owner’s decision that made them what they are. Satan decided what they would be, but Jesus’ blood breaks his hold and sets them free from the devil’s designs.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been bought out of Satan’s kingdom and brought into God’s kingdom. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2014 at 04:31 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Made and Bought by Him
Here is a parable I told to a group of Polynesian Maoris, who are great wood carvers, to illustrate the price Jesus paid to redeem us from our sins.

There was once a boy who carved a beautiful little wooden sail-boat. One day he took it down to the ocean to sail, but the wind changed and carried his boat out to sea. Since he could not recover his boat, he went home without it.

The next high tide brought the boat back again, and it was found by a man walking along the seashore. He inspected the boat and saw that it was beautifully made, so he sold it to a shopkeeper who cleaned it up and put it in his window, priced to sell.

Some while later, the boy passed by the shop and saw his boat. He knew immediately that it was his, but he had no way to prove it. So, if he wanted it back, he knew he would have to buy it.

He set to work to earn the money by washing cars, mowing lawns, and other tasks. When he finally raised the necessary funds, he walked into the shop and bought back his boat. He took it in his hands, and, holding it to his breast, said, “Now you’re mine! I made you and I bought you.”

Picture yourself as that boat. You may feel inadequate or worthless; you may wonder if God really cares. But the Lord is saying to you, “Now you’re doubly Mine - I made you and I bought you; you’re fully Mine.”

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that the Lord made me and bought me, and I am fully His. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2014 at 01:42 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Out Of One Kingdom And Into Another
The Lord redeemed us so that we are no longer in the hand of the enemy but in the Lord’s hand.

Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love.   (Colossians 1:12–13)

It is a fact that God has delivered us from the power of darkness - that is, Satan’s kingdom - and conveyed us into the kingdom of Christ. Thus, we have redemption - our sins are forgiven. We are no longer in Satan’s territory, nor are we under his authority. The unbelieving, those who reject Christ, the rebellious, and the disobedient are under Satan’s legitimate authority, but we Christians are not.

The fact is that when we repented and surrendered to Jesus Christ and made Him Lord of our lives, we were conveyed (translated, or carried over) - spirit, soul, and body - out of the kingdom of Satan and into the kingdom of Christ. These are facts. We believe facts from the invisible realm of God’s Word because we no longer go by our feelings. The shield of faith covers every area of our lives. No fiery dart need ever get past it. (See Ephesians 6:16.)

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that by His blood, I have been delivered from darkness and translated into the kingdom of the Son of God’s love. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.ou, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that the Lord made me and bought me, and I am fully His. Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 04:17 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven

TODAY'S VERSE
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Full Rights of Redemption
In Ephesians 1:7, we see this provision of the blood of Jesus:

In Him [Christ] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

The forgiveness of our sins is purchased for us by the blood of Jesus. Compare this verse with what Jesus said at the Last Supper in Matthew 26:28 as He gave the disciples the cup, which was the emblem of His blood:

For this is My blood of the new covenant [testament], which is shed for many for the remission [forgiveness] of sins. (Matthew 26:28)

Hebrews 9:22 says that without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin. So the blood of Jesus was shed that our sins might be forgiven.

You will notice that in Ephesians 1:7, Paul made these two things coextensive: redemption through the blood of Jesus and the forgiveness of sins. This is very important to understand because we have the full legal rights of redemption only insofar as our sins are forgiven.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank you, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that because all my sins are forgiven by His blood, I now have the full legal rights of redemption. Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2014 at 03:41 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Settling All Claims
If all our sins are forgiven, we have total rights of redemption. But if there is any sin in our lives that is not confessed—and is therefore not forgiven—we do not have full legal rights of redemption in that area.
Satan still has a claim in that area. I have proved this many times in the ministry of deliverance. If Satan has any claim, he will not give it up. You can shout in his face or fast for a week, but you will not change the situation because Satan knows that he has a legal claim that still has not been settled.

Another common way in which believers give Satan a legal claim in their lives is by failing to forgive others. Jesus taught us that we are forgiven by God in the same measure in which we forgive others. We are to pray, “Forgive us our debts [trespasses], as we forgive our debtors [those who trespasses against us]” (Matthew 6:12).

We are not entitled to claim forgiveness from God above the measure in which we forgive others. (See verses 14–15.) Therefore, if there are any people we have not forgiven, in that measure, we are not forgiven by God. In other words, any area of unforgiveness in our lives is an area to which Satan still has legal claim. Do what you will; you cannot dislodge him until you have forgiven whomever you need to forgive.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I am fully forgiven, because I confess all my sins and now forgive those who have hurt me (list specific names). Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Two Directions of Forgiveness
Forgiveness is one of the most beautiful words in any language. What makes it such a special and beautiful word? Consider some of the results that flow from forgiveness: reconciliation, peace, harmony, understanding, fellowship. How our world today stands in such dire need of these things!

In contrast, consider some of the consequences that flow from our failure to give and receive forgiveness: bitterness, strife, disharmony, hatred, and war. At times, it seems as though the entire human race is in danger of being overwhelmed by these evil, negative forces. If we are ever to rise above these conditions, it will be only as we learn and apply the principles of forgiveness.

There are two directions of forgiveness presented in the Bible. These two directions are portrayed by that great symbol of our Christian faith: the cross. The cross has two beams—one vertical, one horizontal—that represent the two directions of forgiveness. The vertical beam represents the forgiveness that we all need to receive from God and can be received only through our identification with the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The horizontal beam represents our relationships with our fellow men, and it speaks of the forgiveness that, in this case, has two directions: the forgiveness we need to receive from others, and the forgiveness we need to extend to others.

Once again, the only place where we can receive the grace for that kind of forgiveness is the cross

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I am fully forgiven, because I confess all my sins and now forgive those who have hurt me (list specific names). Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 04:24 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - A Clean Slate
One of the most wondrous aspects of God’s nature is that when He forgives, He does so completely and in full. The book of Micah states this truth beautifully:

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:18–19)

Isn’t that beautiful? Every wrong thing that we have ever done—everything that could ever make us feel guilty, every accusation that the enemy could ever bring against us—God treads underfoot, then hurls it into the depths of the sea.

Someone has remarked that when God casts your sins into the sea, He puts up a notice that reads, “NO FISHING!” Don’t ever try to go back and resurrect something that God has buried. If God has forgiven you, you are forgiven. There are no further questions. God’s forgiveness is total. In Isaiah, God speaks to His people,

I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins.   (Isaiah 43:25)

When God forgives us, He blots out the record of our sins; our slates are clean. God does not have a poor memory, but He does have the ability to choose to forget. And when He forgives, He forgets!

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that You have forgiven me fully, blotting out the record of my sins. You have forgotten them, and I will, as well. Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 03:30 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Countless Blessings of Forgiveness
The type of forgiveness that we need, and can receive only from God Himself, is the vertical aspect of forgiveness. There is such blessedness in being forgiven by God. This truth was articulated perhaps most beautifully by David in Psalm 32:

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. (v1–2)

In the Hebrew language, this psalm begins with a plural noun: blessednesses. “Oh, the blessednesses of the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” The implication is that there are innumerable blessings attached to having our sins forgiven by God.

It is important to see that the Bible does not talk about a man who does not need forgiveness. The Bible clearly indicates that all of us need forgiveness from God; there are no exceptions. In other psalms, David said that there is no man who does not sin. We have all sinned. Therefore, we all need forgiveness. It is not a question of whether we need forgiveness but whether we receive it.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I need Your forgiveness, and that as You forgive me, You bring great blessing to me, as well. Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2014 at 05:27 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Acknowledging Our Sin

In Psalm 32, King David wrote out of his own personal experience:

When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord”—and you forgave the guilt of my sin.   (verses 3–5 NIV)

I believe that when David wrote this, he had in mind the matter of Bathsheba, the wife of Uriah the Hittite. It was a terrible situation in which David had committed adultery, then committed murder to cover up his adultery. David obviously had been like many of us. For a long while, he had refused to face the fact of his sin. He tried to ignore it.

In the next verses, David makes a personal application:

Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.   (verses 6–7 NIV)

It is never too late to confess our sins to God and seek refuge in His salvation. He will deliver us from our sins if we’ll only acknowledge them and repent.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that because I readily confess any sin that I may have tried to hide, You have forgiven the guilt of my sin. You protect me from trouble and surround me with deliverance. Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 04:43 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE
In Him[JESUS] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Testifying Personally
Looking at the statement of TODAY's VERSE from the Word of God about the blood of Jesus, I will show you how to apply it with the hyssop of your personal testimony to your own life situation and need.

This verse tells us two things that we have through the blood of Jesus when we are in Christ. Remember, if we are outside of Christ, it does not avail. During the first Passover in Egypt, the blood did not protect those who were not inside their houses. It was only inside their houses that the Israelites were protected, and it is only inside Christ that we have redemption and forgiveness of sins.

I know the above verse by heart. If I stood upside down in a corner of a dark room on a dark night, I could quote this Scripture without the least problem. I live by this Scripture. I keep my hyssop in my hand. Believe me, not many days pass that I am not using the hyssop in my own life. I have discovered it does the job.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I apply it with the hyssop of my personal testimony, proclaiming that by His blood, I have redemption and forgiveness of sins. Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
The blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, continually cleanses me from all sin

TODAY's VERSE
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Cleansing Here and Now
My personal testimony based on the statement above would be, “While I am walking in the light, the blood of Jesus is cleansing me, now and continually, from all sin.” I say it is “cleansing me now” because that makes it a here-and-now statement, not just a vague generalization. It is for me in the here and now, but it is also continual—indefinitely into the future.

The Swahili language of East Africa has a special tense to describe things that are complete and permanent. In that well-known song, “The Blood of Jesus Cleanses Us from All Sin,” they sing, “The blood of Jesus completely cleanses us absolutely.” These lyrics have stuck with me because they say it so perfectly. So, consider this confession in the light of something that is continual and complete.
There is a beautiful commentary on this truth in Psalm 51, which is the great penitent psalm David penned after he was convicted of his sins of adultery and murder. It is one of the most beautiful psalms—a psalm every one of us would do well to read from time to time, making it our own prayer. I believe in making the psalms my prayers; I don’t just read them, but I read them as my prayers.

“Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow” (Psalm 51:7). You will notice that David introduces the hyssop. The implication is that hyssop is the substance that brings the blood to where I am. It is a beautiful, prophetic preview of being cleansed with the blood of Jesus.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that His blood is cleansing me, now and continually, from all sin. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 04:18 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

TODAY'S MESSAGE - A Continuing Process
One provision of the precious blood of Jesus is cleansing.

But if we walk in the light as He [Jesus] is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)

In this verse, there are three verbs in the continuing present tense: walk, fellowship, and cleanse. We must take note of that. If we continue walking in the light, we continue having fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus continues to cleanse us.

It is very important to see that this is conditional. If we continue to walk in the light of God’s Word by obeying what it says, then the first result is that we have fellowship with one another. If we are not walking in the light, we will not have fellowship. And if we do not have fellowship, we are not walking in the light. But, if we walk in the light and have fellowship, then the blood of Jesus continually keeps us clean.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I continue to walk in the light, have fellowship with other believers, and receive cleansing from sin. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2014 at 03:46 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Fulfilling the Conditions
Let’s look more closely at the statement about the blood that is found in 1 John 1:7: “But if we walk in the light as He [Jesus] is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”

We have already seen how these three elements are interrelated and bound together in the Word of God: walking in the light, fellowship with one another, and the cleansing of the blood. Scores of people claim the cleansing and protection of the blood but do not meet the conditions that entitle them to receive it. Cleansing by the blood of Jesus Christ is a consequence that follows from something that is preceded by an “if”—it is a conditional statement, contingent upon our fulfilling a premise—if we walk in the light as He is in the light. Then, two results follow—not one, but two. The cleansing of the blood is the second result; the first result is that we have fellowship with one another.

Logically, if we are not in fellowship with one another, it is proof that we are not walking in the light. If we are not walking in the light, it logically follows that we cannot claim the cleansing of the blood of Jesus. So, we come to this conclusion: if we are out of fellowship, we are out of the light. If we are out of the light, the blood no longer cleanses us. The blood of Jesus cleanses only in the light. This is one of the most important principles we can understand.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim my wholehearted intention to walk in the light, as Jesus is in the light, and to enter fully into fellowship and cleansing from sin. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2014 at 04:14 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Bringing Sin to the Light
Fellowship is the place of light. This is why fellowship is a place of testing. The closer the fellowship, the brighter the light, until you come to the place where there are no hidden corners. There are no shadows; nothing is swept under the rug, nothing is covered up. It can be a frightening place for the natural man. But it is the only place where the blood of Jesus fully fulfills its function of cleansing. If you desire cleansing, it comes in the light. If you are in any way wrong before God, or wrong with your neighbor, you are not fully in the light. And the blood will never be applied except in the light.

What do you have to do? Come to the light. What is “coming to the light”? Confessing your sins, acknowledging them openly before God. Now, that is the hardest thing for natural man to do. The light seems so bright. You may think, Oh, I couldn’t bring that terrible thing, that awful memory, that guilty secret; I couldn’t expose it to the light. The natural man shrinks from it. But the truth is that when it gets to the light, it disappears because, then, the blood cleanses it. But if you do not bring it to the light, you keep it. This is a tremendous principle. The blood operates only in the light.

Supposing that we have met the condition of walking in the light. If this is the case, then we are in fellowship with our fellow believers, and we have the right to make this our testimony.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim now that I bring to the light any awful memories or hidden sins, and I expose them to the light of Jesus and the cleansing of His blood. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2014 at 05:53 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Obedience and Truth
Fellowship is the first test of whether we are walking in the light. If we are not enjoying fellowship with our fellow believers and with the Lord, then we are not in the light, and if we are not in the light, the blood of Jesus does not cleanse us.

The next question, then, concerns how we walk in the light. The first condition is that we must walk in obedience to the Word of God. Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” The second requirement is summed up by Paul in Ephesians 4:15, where he wrote, “Speaking the truth in love, may [we] grow up in all things into Him who is the head; Christ.”

In this passage, “walking in the light” is defined as relating to our fellow believers in truth and in love. We must be willing to act in truth in our relationships with one another, but we have to do so in love.

Thus, walking in the light consists of two things put together: walking in obedience to the Word of God and walking in truth and love with our fellow believers. When we meet those conditions, then we can say with full assurance that the blood of Jesus is cleansing us from all sin.

Today we are very conscious of the physical pollution of the atmosphere around us, but the spiritual atmosphere is also polluted by sin, corruption, and ungodliness. In order to be kept clean, we need the continual cleansing of the blood of Jesus.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I am cleansed by His blood, because I have set my face to walk in obedience to His Word and in right relationship with others. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2014 at 04:03 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Blood "Speaks"
There is another precious provision made for us by the blood of Jesus, one of which many Christians are not aware. Hebrews 12:22, 24 reads, “You [all true believers] have come to Mount Zion…to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.”

In the heavenly Mount Zion, the blood of Jesus was sprinkled on our behalf in the Holy of Holies before the very presence of God. Christ entered this place as our forerunner, having obtained our eternal redemption through His sacrifice, and He sprinkled the evidence of that redemption in the very presence of Almighty God the Father.

We should notice an important contrast here. Early in history, Cain, the first son of Adam and Eve, murdered his brother, Abel. Cain then tried to deny responsibility, but the Lord challenged him and said, “There is no way you can conceal your guilt, because the blood of your brother that you shed on the earth is crying out to Me for vengeance.” (See Genesis 4:1–15.) In contrast, the blood of Jesus sprinkled in heaven cries out not for vengeance but for mercy. The blood is a continual plea in the very presence of God for His mercy.

Once we have testified personally to the power of the blood of Jesus, we do not have to repeat those words every few minutes, because the blood of Jesus is speaking all the time on our behalf in the very presence of God. Every time we are troubled, tempted, fearful, or anxious, we should remind ourselves, The blood of Jesus is speaking in God’s presence on my behalf at this very moment.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that His blood is speaking for mercy in God’s presence on my behalf right now. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2014 at 03:54 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Smooth Stones
The fact that a person has repented of his sins and claimed salvation in Christ does not mean that his whole character has been instantly transformed. Certainly, a vitally important process of change has been set in motion, but it may take many years for that change to be worked out in every area of his character.

When David needed smooth stones to fit in his sling so that he could slay Goliath, he went down to the valley - the lowly place of humility. There in the brook he found the kind of stones he needed. What had made them smooth? Two pressures: first, the water flowing over them; second, their continual jostling against one another.

This is a picture of how Christian character is formed. First, there is the continual washing of water by the Word (see Ephesians 5:26). Second, as we “jostle” one another in personal relationships, our rough edges are gradually worn down until they become smooth. We are “living stones” who need continual smoothing. (See 1 Peter 2:5.)

Let me add a side comment that when Jesus needs “living stones” for His sling, He, too, goes to the valley - the place of humility. There, He chooses stones that have been made smooth by the action of God’s Word and by the pressures of regular fellowship with other believers. It is a mark of spiritual maturity to sincerely love our fellow Christians, not simply for what they are in themselves, but for what they mean to Jesus, who shed His lifeblood for each of them.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I submit humbly to the washing of the Word and commit myself to love my fellow Christians with sincerity. The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2014 at 04:33 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous,  just-as-if-I’d never sinned

TODAY's VERSE
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:9

TODAY'S MESSAGE - A Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness

The word justification is a rather tiresome theological term whose true meaning is often obscured. We will first look at the word, then I will try to explain its meaning. The central theme of Romans is right-eousness. Many centuries before, Job had asked the question, “How then can man be righteous before God?” (Job 25:4). The book of Romans presents God’s answer. If we are interested in righteousness, we will be interested in Romans. Jesus said, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6). We can hunger and thirst for healing or prosperity without being blessed. But when we become hungry and thirsty for righteousness, then we will be blessed.

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9)

Notice that we have been justified by His blood. In both the He-brew and Greek languages, there is one word that is translated as either “just” or “righteous.” In Hebrew, the word is tsadaq, and in Greek, it is dikaioo. But no matter how it is translated, it is the same word. In English, we tend to refer to just in terms of legality and law, but righteousness in terms of character and conduct. There is no such division in the languages of the Bible. “Having been justified by His blood” means the same thing as “having been made righteous by His blood.”

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim my desire to hunger and thirst for righteousness and justification by His blood. Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2014 at 07:56 AM »
bookmarking!

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2014 at 04:52 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous,  just-as-if-I’d never sinned

TODAY's VERSE
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:9

TODAY'S MESSAGE - What Justification Means
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9)

The word translated “justified” has a whole slew of related meanings.

*First, it has a legal meaning.
Legally speaking, it means that we are acquitted, absolved of all wrongdoing. We were on trial, but we were acquitted. That is very good news. Think of what a person being tried for murder might feel to find that he has been acquitted. Just try to imagine it. We also should feel that happy.
*Second, we are not guilty.
*Third, we are reckoned righteous.
Many people stop there. But I assure you that the full meaning of the word is more than that. We are also made righteous. The blood of Jesus not only causes us to be reckoned righteous, it actually makes us righteous.

Then, we are justified. This means it is “just-as-if-I’d” never sinned. We have been made righteous with the righteousness of Christ, which has no evil past and no shadow of guilt, and against which Satan cannot accuse us. We are made righteous with the righteousness of Jesus. It is by Christ’s righteousness that we are justified. There is no guilt, no problem with the past. It has all been erased.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2014 at 04:12 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Righteous and Just
Whenever we find the word just in the Bible, we can substitute the word righteous. This is true in both Old Testament Hebrew and New Testament Greek. The translators of the King James Version alternately translated the same word as either “righteous” or “just.” They tended to use the word just in the context of legal processes and the word righteous in the context of practical living. But it is one and the same word.

The problem comes with the use of the word justified, which is often reserved for a type of legal transaction in the courts of heaven. But this practice means using only half of the signification of the word. To be justified means to be made just, or righteous. The word righteous comes right down to where we live - our homes, work-places, or personal relationships. Just conveys a legal formality transacted in a remote courtroom. Scripture says (and this is a perfectly legitimate and correct translation) that we have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus. We cannot consider ourselves justified if we have not been made righteous. Justification is more than a legal ceremony or a change of labels. It is a change of character and life, and it is produced by the blood of Jesus. We have been made righteous with a righteousness that is not our own - the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that by His blood, I have been made righteous with a righteousness not my own. Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2014 at 03:50 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Justified Freely
Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness.    (Romans 3:24–25)

I am glad the word “freely” is included in this passage. The problem with religious people is that they are always trying to earn redemption and they never arrive. They are never satisfied and never relaxed because they think they have to do just a little bit more to be made righteous. It never will work.

We are justified only through faith in the blood of Jesus. Let’s look at Romans 4:4: “Now to him who works [the religious person], the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.”

Many people think that if they have always lived rightly and done their duty, God owes them righteousness or justification—that it is a debt they’re due. But in actual fact, God doesn’t owe anything to anybody. Notice verse 5: “But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.”

The first thing we have to do is stop trying to make ourselves righteous. Stop trying to be a little better. Call a halt to all that. What we need to do is just believe. It is that simple. Otherwise, we will never make it.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been justified freely by His grace. I believe on Him who justifies me, and my faith is counted as righteousness. Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.