Author Topic: Mission MX3 v Anthony Audio Philippians v etc  (Read 1733 times)

Offline iamstormchaser

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mission MX3 v Anthony Audio Philippians v etc
« on: Jan 03, 2014 at 05:44 PM »
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm in the market for new speakers. Had my heart set for Mission MX3. I have a budget of 20-25k and desperately need your opinion.

I've seen and heard good thing about Mission MX3's but how about Anthony Audio speakers, specifically the Philippians FS?

Care to share your thoughts and opinions? Shoot me a pm if you don't want to post your experience here. Suggestions of other brands also welcome.

I have a simple setup:

Pioneer PL-1200a with At-91
Sakura 200 Hyperaudio hotrod

I listen to 80's music, OPM, pop, jazz.. Anything nostalgic and popular during my childhood basically.

Thanks in advance..

Offline Icu Doc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mission MX3 v Anthony Audio Philippians v etc
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 08:36 PM »
I am also a newbie like you and I needed a floorstander like you to replace my old mordaunt short ms1 bookshelf speakers to fill my living room with 100% music coming from cds, flac files and vinyl.  I have a multizone setup with a "rene rivo" modified sakura av200t driving my mordaunt shorts and a rotel ra04 se driving an old pair of b and w lm1s for the dining room. I auditioned different floorstanders such as a b and w 683 which had good separation and detail with enough base when you need it, a pair of infinity floorstanders being sold for 21t which was good enough but a little basy for me and i was concerned about reports that it wasn't really 8 ohms, a pair for patadigm psbs that cost arount 43t which was outdone by a pair of q acoustic 2020is which were selling for 10.6t I didn't want to get another pair of bookshelfs as my living room had a high ceiling. So I decided to go to Anthony' s place to audition the Philippians. I have him the dimensions of my living room and my preferred listening preference warm and detailed even at 9 oclock on the volume pot but with punchy bass when needed at higher volume. Immediately after hearing the Philippian fs, I immediately made my choice. Anthony suggested to transfer the port to the rear so that the lower frequencies would fill the living room. I placed an order and Anthony delivered it personally at 6 am of a Saturday. I have been playing around with speaker placement and if it is farther the rear wall you get more detail and warmth in the high to medium frequencies. However, Anthony recommended to pair it with the rotel. Overall, a very satisfied customer and Anthony deserves all the praise in pdvd. He even granted my request, which was to sign the label at the back of both speakers. Proud to be pinoy!