Author Topic: My Samsung HT-E3550 won't play DTS-HD MA Mono  (Read 5603 times)

Offline 2001

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Samsung HT-E3550 won't play DTS-HD MA Mono
« on: Mar 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM »
My HT speakers are fine AFAIK and I have no problem playing films on DTS-HD MA 5.1. Also tried using the TV speakers and changing the audio digital output settings (in case this helps) but no luck.  :(

Need your kind advise sirs on how to fix this.

TIA
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM by 2001 »

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: My Samsung HT-E3550 won't play DTS-HD MA Mono
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM »
so your question is you have problem in playing DST-HD MA in mono? tama ba intindi ko sir?

Offline 2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 07:59 PM »
so your question is you have problem in playing DST-HD MA in mono? tama ba intindi ko sir?

Yes sir.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM »
^ sorry sir medyo confusing kasi hehe..

what source material do you play?  is it a movie? concert? bluray probably?
how is it connected? when you say mono, do you want it to come out as in a single channel lng? single speaker?

Offline 2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM »
^ sorry sir medyo confusing kasi hehe..

what source material do you play?  is it a movie? concert? bluray probably?
how is it connected? when you say mono, do you want it to come out as in a single channel lng? single speaker?

Blu-ray sir, this title specifically http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Grapes-of-Wrath-Blu-ray/12449/

I have a 5.1 set-up, connected through HDMI cable and speaker output connectors. DTS-HD MA Mono is supposed to come out only in the center speaker as standard, is this correct? Whatever the standard is, yes that would be fine.

Would like to add; Dolby Digital Mono works in my set-up though the sound comes out front left and front right speakers only.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:24 PM by 2001 »

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM »
Sir, sorry for my ignorance since I don't use dts-hd ma. Why would you want to use mono on your set-up?

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:45 PM »
This is the 1st BD that I encounter that had DTS HD Mono. If you had an Onkyo receiver, try the Direct Mono setting, Hope it will help...
Columbia

Offline 2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:51 PM »
Sir, sorry for my ignorance since I don't use dts-hd ma. Why would you want to use mono on your set-up?

That's the only English audio option available for the Blu-ray title I mentioned above which I have.

Offline 2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 12:00 AM »
This is the 1st BD that I encounter that had DTS HD Mono. If you had an Onkyo receiver, try the Direct Mono setting, Hope it will help...

I don't have this device but thanks for the advise sir.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 12:03 AM »
simply means it can't decode the audio .....that's the limitation of samsung htib....
baka may DTS audio lang ayun nalang...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 12:22 AM »
That's the only English audio option available for the Blu-ray title I mentioned above which I have.

oh ok. i suppose it's in mono because the original movie was also in mono.

simply means it can't decode the audio .....that's the limitation of samsung htib....
baka may DTS audio lang ayun nalang...

puros dts-hd ma mono lang ang options talaga based on the list of audio. no dts.

Offline 2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 12:52 AM »

Hope you can elaborate on this sir. I seem to have a hard time believing this since my Samsung HT is licensed with DTS-HD Master Audio.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 02:43 AM »
Hope you can elaborate on this sir. I seem to have a hard time believing this since my Samsung HT is licensed with DTS-HD Master Audio.
dts hd mono should came on your center speaker... if if does not... and it was decode by the htib it may be fed on your left and right like what you have in digital mono from which the sound came from the left and right.

in a receiver like PIONEER, onkyo, yamaha  - it has wide variety of audio codec that it can decode.
you may also switch from mono to prologic .... like its mono then fed in LCR 

left and right speaker will play it...but not in stereo...still in mono...

since your using the bluray itself.. check if the bluray player can decode the audio rather than sending it raw to the htib..... my engish might be bad... kinda drunk late at night.....hik hik hik
Love me or hate me.....

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 12:02 PM »
Blu-ray sir, this title specifically http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Grapes-of-Wrath-Blu-ray/12449/

I have a 5.1 set-up, connected through HDMI cable and speaker output connectors. DTS-HD MA Mono is supposed to come out only in the center speaker as standard, is this correct? Whatever the standard is, yes that would be fine.

Would like to add; Dolby Digital Mono works in my set-up though the sound comes out front left and front right speakers only.

Interesting, since I do not watch old films, I didn't know that old films can come in Mono..thanks..learned something new..

a bit of googling and most of what I read says that it depends on the receiver or decoder..Mono can come from the center channel only or Mono from LR speakers that will sound like it comes from the center speaker..if you chose the English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono and no sound comes out..I think it only means that your player cannot understand/decode the 1.0...I read some owners that are having issues with 1.0 on their bluray player