Author Topic: The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread  (Read 66257 times)

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I've been going through these threads, looking for posts regarding after-sales service , repairs and such but they're basically all over the place.  Now as a would-be buyer, I'm concerned about the service issues faced by AV equipment owners as this is the first time I"ll be buying this sort of equipment.  Now if some of you folks could add your experiences to this thread, I'm sure a lot of us will appreciate this (not to mention probably affect our buying decisions as well).

The following information, in particular, will be most useful:

Equipment:
Symptoms:
Within Warranty (Yes/No):
Place Repaired:
Service/Repair Cost:
Service/Repair Time:
Additional Comments:

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
Kolin Philippines Service sucks
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 02:43 PM »
Just a word of warning to would be buyers of Kolin/Syntax TV's.  DONT DO IT.

My LCD TV broke down 3x within 16 months of minimal use.  Not just a small break down.  They replaced the Mainboard the first time.  And again the 3rd time. 

Their internal red tape is the worst.  One example is when I bought a wall mount for this LCD TV, they found the part in 5 minutes but took  them around 40 minutes to invoice it and give out receipt.  When I had my TV repaired the 3rd time, it took them 9 days before anyone got to look at it.  After 2 days, repair was done and I was going to pick up the unit in the morning but they said that they had to do paperwork before they could release.  Long story short, it took them 7 hours before they could release the unit.  Talk about red tape. 

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Kolin Philippines Service sucks
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 03:19 PM »
This confirmed my previous post regarding the aircon repair that almost took half a year. BEWARE!BEWARE! THIS BRAND SUCK!!!BIG TIME!

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 03:25 PM »
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=64587.0

is your Airconditioner fixed already? 

My TV is now fixed, they charged for Labor and some parts only amount P600.  Ill see if it breaks down again.... 

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
another thing thats bad is they get accessories:

2nd repair - they got the back panel covers and said that we didnt bring them.  after they saw that we were definite that itwas with them, thats the time they found it.

3rd repair - took out the back panel covers and left those at home.  they got the TV stand and said that we didnt bring a stand when we brought the unit in.  load of bull. 

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
We gave the aircon away. Panghuli ng talaba. Baka kapitan para may pakinaban

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 03:54 PM »
another thing thats bad is they get accessories:

2nd repair - they got the back panel covers and said that we didnt bring them.  after they saw that we were definite that itwas with them, thats the time they found it.

3rd repair - took out the back panel covers and left those at home.  they got the TV stand and said that we didnt bring a stand when we brought the unit in.  load of bull. 

I think service centers' SOP is to list the items they receive.  I think they operate 'differently'.  ::)
Know Thyself!

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 07:42 PM »
Yup, I think so too, if they did not note anything that was missing... You could ask for it back or else report them to DTI and let's see what they want >:(
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2007 at 03:20 PM »
I think service centers' SOP is to list the items they receive.  I think they operate 'differently'.  ::)

yes, thats what i thought too..  even small repair shops list accessories they receive when you bring a unit in for repair.  others remove all accessories and make you bring them home.  Kolin doesnt have a system.   

Yup, I think so too, if they did not note anything that was missing... You could ask for it back or else report them to DTI and let's see what they want >:(

in the end, they "found" the TV stand. 

only consolation i got is they didnt charge for the main chip repair even if the unit is not under warranty anymore. i think they knew it was defective.  they did charge p500 for labor though. 

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
just 21 days after they "repaired" the tv, its exhibiting the same symptoms.  picture turns fuzzy after 15 mins of use.  i guess its back to kolin service center. this tv never worked right. very frustrating. 

hopefully, this will tell people not to buy this brand.

Offline ericag_ph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2007 at 10:58 AM »
I also emailed them a question before regarding air conditioning... they never even replied.

just 21 days after they "repaired" the tv, its exhibiting the same symptoms.  picture turns fuzzy after 15 mins of use.  i guess its back to kolin service center. this tv never worked right. very frustrating. 

hopefully, this will tell people not to buy this brand.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2007 at 12:57 PM »

Used to have Kolin Aircon in a business of mine way back..

So SOP pala yung sucky service nila, from aircon to TV...  :D
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2007 at 12:58 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
I read the feedback too late... We recently purchased a Kolin Airconditioning unit.  I'm crossing my fingers that this will not bug down.

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2007 at 09:04 PM »
Ill update this thread on what happens to the LCD tv.  I think they dont even know what else to do next cause the problem is recurring.  I hope they just replace the whole set, maybe i got a lemon set.

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 12:04 AM »
Forgot to update this thread.  Brought home the Syntax LCD TV and didnt use it for 2 months.  Just connected the set today.. 

Lo and behold, the set lasted approximately.....  5 hours.  Exhibiting the same fuzzy picture.  Ill post picture soon. 

With Gas prices today and Kolin service center location(Magallanes), I think Ill be spending more on Gas, Man-hours and incidentals getting it fixed.

I have a question:  How do I complain to DTI? What are my options?  Spent 70++ thousand on this set early 2006 and it sucks.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 05:52 AM »
i guess swertihan lang, ive had a syntax 27lcd for about 3 years now and it still works perfectly, i even like the nice picture for cable viewing....at first, the first tv had 1 dead pixel in the middle so i asked for a replacement and they obliged. Pero talagang magulo yung magallanes office nila at parang hindi nila alam yung individual responsibilities nila. Lahat sila nagtuturuan on whom will do what.

Yung aircon naman is different kasi sirain talaga yung aircon ng kolins.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 07:59 AM »
here are pics:

working fine:

FUZZY:

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 08:02 AM »
i guess swertihan lang, ive had a syntax 27lcd for about 3 years now and it still works perfectly, i even like the nice picture for cable viewing....at first, the first tv had 1 dead pixel in the middle so i asked for a replacement and they obliged. Pero talagang magulo yung magallanes office nila at parang hindi nila alam yung individual responsibilities nila. Lahat sila nagtuturuan on whom will do what.

Yung aircon naman is different kasi sirain talaga yung aircon ng kolins.

How did you ask for replacement?  It's frustrating when I talk with their service personnel, nobody is in charge and instead of admitting that there is something wrong with the set, they place blame on whatever else they think of.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 08:23 AM »
This is one brand I will avoid at all cost & no matter how cheap they are.  :(
Previously I visited their show room to check out their LCD demo.

At that time:

1. They only had one DVD demo on their hand & it wasn't even a good disc.  :-\

2. The LCD set was using a composite connection. Asked them to use component cables but they didn't have it at that time.  :-X

So I just walked out from the room. Wasted my afternoon & spoiled my mood. 

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 02:42 PM »
This is one brand I will avoid at all cost & no matter how cheap they are.  :(
Previously I visited their show room to check out their LCD demo.

At that time:

1. They only had one DVD demo on their hand & it wasn't even a good disc.  :-\

2. The LCD set was using a composite connection. Asked them to use component cables but they didn't have it at that time.  :-X

So I just walked out from the room. Wasted my afternoon & spoiled my mood. 

lucky you :D

i just called up the service center, talked with the engineer handling the LCDs.  Since he knows the case, he said he'll recommend the mainboard be replaced free.  i hope this will solve once and for all the problem.  will update thread again

Offline mykel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 11:20 AM »
How did you ask for replacement?  It's frustrating when I talk with their service personnel, nobody is in charge and instead of admitting that there is something wrong with the set, they place blame on whatever else they think of.

insist for a replacement kung ganun pa rin problem mo kapag binalik na yung unit mo.
also site mo yung mga conditions sa Consumer Welfare Act para at least masindak ng konti.

keep us updated chief...

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 10:29 PM »
got the LCD TV back today.  crossing my fingers that they really fixed it.  so far it has surpassed 3 hours of use.

Offline jackrabbit

• Apprentice
  • DVD is Life
  • Liked:
Samsung Service Is it really Gold?
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2007 at 01:26 PM »
Just when i was preparing to buy a 42 inch tv from one of the kind members here who pm'd me a price list, while watching tv and playing xbox(HD) on my SAMSUNG LA32S71 .... My samsung lcd Broke down... if i didn't know any better, nagtatampo yata na alam nyang ililipat ko sya ng place sa bahay to make room for a new one, kaya nasira.

After moments of sadness at the sight of my hard earned money turn into a pixalized and multiple boxed unrecognizable  images of what is now a broken lcd, i called samsung repair. Which is for all samsung owners is 1-800-10726-7864 (you may need this sooner, but i pray you do not)

The sweet sounding lady, told me that it may be 5 to 6 days before a technician can see my lcd because of the LONG LINE OF REPAIR REQUESTS. I inquired on the "perk" sales pitch of samsung that if my LCD was to be repaired, it would be temporarily replaced with a service unit. She said, quite softly, that this cannot be guaranteed due to availability or technician evaluation (which wouldnt be available in 5 to 6 days). I am quite sure, that the salesperson at glorietta told me of this Gold awarded after service distinction, that they banner every appliance fair in every mall.

As of this time, this golden whatever should be replaced by tin. I wonder if this LONG LINE OF REPAIR REQUEST is a reflection of how samsung lcds perform. I bought mine just last March. And only use it for those special DTS or HD DVD movies i already saw just to get away from the politics of life (i'm sure a lot of you can relate  ;) ) or playing xbox360 pretending to be Dwayne Wade or Gilbert Arenas for a few moments before my daughter would ask me to play dora dvds in the Pier-bought 29inch TV (which hasnt broken down since i bought it 2 years ago).

The reply from the service center is quite disheartening. No assurances, no "sorry to hear that sir, we will call you ASAP to keep you posted" and in short, no answers. It gives a bad name to the brand. Buti pa yung surplus, pag nagka-diperensya...sasabihin agad sa yo "balik nyo sir, papalitan natin...no questions whether you threw it out the window or plugged it into a 400w socket ;D

Anyway, Just praying for a light, from this initial dark after sales service of SAMSUNG

Fair Warning pinoy dvd Brothers and Sisters.

Peace

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007 at 02:36 PM by jackrabbit »

Offline satori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung Service Is it really Gold?
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2007 at 01:38 PM »
i feel your pain..you should check out the numerous threads and posts detailing the woes of Samsung DLP owners.

I thought this was isolated to only DLPs..seems its creeped into LCDs as well.

Offline jackrabbit

• Apprentice
  • DVD is Life
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 07:45 PM »
Wow. Now is the 2nd week of my broken lcd. And Samsung (or at least its service center) is still waiting for the parts that they say will still come from singapore! Oh my gosh. Anyway, i continued my onslaught of calls to the samsung call center, and i have been passed from person to person ... without achieving or assuring me on the time or capacity of repairing my LCD. Apparently my LCD Base Board was the one that got broken, something i guess very vital for a tv i use less than 15 hours a week. Which i only bought last march.

I really cant get over how poorly the After Sales Service of Samsung in my case is. I insisted on the promise that i would get a replacement unit when, if ever, my then 56k LCD would break. But until now, wala pa rin. I would hate to put down samsung like this, i'm sure some of you dont have the same experience, but this really sucks.  >:(

I'm on the verge of buying a 42inch plasma from one of our brothers here, but this case is the one thats holding me back ... what if the store or brand i decide to buy has the same out of whack service? Its pretty scary! ???

So to all retailers or brands out there, take care of your customers even after we've left your store with your product in exchange with our hard earned money. Because, for sure our next purchase will surely be from you again.

Again, fair warning to all brothers and sisters here at pinoydvd.

Happy Holidays.

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:53 PM »
Actually, most retailers and shops here in the philippines sucks in aftersales service. Only high end shops here do sometimes know how customer service is. What most of them don't know is that keeping existing clients happy is less problematic than looking for new clients.

It doesn't help also that our government sucks in about almost everything, including the right of customers against defects and problems brought about by product inferiority.

If this was done in another country, you could file criminal charges against samsung with all the false claims they gave you prior to sale of product.

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM »
Just when i was preparing to buy a 42 inch tv from one of the kind members here who pm'd me a price list, while watching tv and playing xbox(HD) on my SAMSUNG LA32S71 .... My samsung lcd Broke down... if i didn't know any better, nagtatampo yata na alam nyang ililipat ko sya ng place sa bahay to make room for a new one, kaya nasira.

After moments of sadness at the sight of my hard earned money turn into a pixalized and multiple boxed unrecognizable  images of what is now a broken lcd, i called samsung repair. Which is for all samsung owners is 1-800-10726-7864 (you may need this sooner, but i pray you do not)

The sweet sounding lady, told me that it may be 5 to 6 days before a technician can see my lcd because of the LONG LINE OF REPAIR REQUESTS. I inquired on the "perk" sales pitch of samsung that if my LCD was to be repaired, it would be temporarily replaced with a service unit. She said, quite softly, that this cannot be guaranteed due to availability or technician evaluation (which wouldnt be available in 5 to 6 days). I am quite sure, that the salesperson at glorietta told me of this Gold awarded after service distinction, that they banner every appliance fair in every mall.

As of this time, this golden whatever should be replaced by tin. I wonder if this LONG LINE OF REPAIR REQUEST is a reflection of how samsung lcds perform. I bought mine just last March. And only use it for those special DTS or HD DVD movies i already saw just to get away from the politics of life (i'm sure a lot of you can relate  ;) ) or playing xbox360 pretending to be Dwayne Wade or Gilbert Arenas for a few moments before my daughter would ask me to play dora dvds in the Pier-bought 29inch TV (which hasnt broken down since i bought it 2 years ago).

The reply from the service center is quite disheartening. No assurances, no "sorry to hear that sir, we will call you ASAP to keep you posted" and in short, no answers. It gives a bad name to the brand. Buti pa yung surplus, pag nagka-diperensya...sasabihin agad sa yo "balik nyo sir, papalitan natin...no questions whether you threw it out the window or plugged it into a 400w socket ;D

Anyway, Just praying for a light, from this initial dark after sales service of SAMSUNG

Fair Warning pinoy dvd Brothers and Sisters.

Peace

Another sad story over Samsung DLP....
Nakikiramay ako Sir :) Sana maayos na lang agad
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 06:20 AM »
samsung/philips are really bad products. dapat e petition na ito

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 06:28 AM »
sony products/services is the best, they replaced my LCD with even (1) one dead pixel... now that is what you call a zero dead pixel policy, medyo mahal nga ng konti presyo ng sony among other brands but you get what you pay for specially in after sales support.

Offline jackrabbit

• Apprentice
  • DVD is Life
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2007 at 12:23 PM »
Today,  a sunny sunday, a happy sunday .... my lcd got fixed!!! After almost a month of sadness and anxiety...like santa clause on christmas eve.... the Samsung Technician came and replaced my LCD's, LCD Board... although he didnt ride on a reindeer sleigh and yelling HoHoHo... i was just as happy as he rode off on his owner jeepney, obviously apologetic for the delay in repair. So thats it, a good present from samsung before christmas. Although it did took A LOT of time.

Thanks guys also for the support.