Author Topic: The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread  (Read 66299 times)

Offline theblue

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Samsung Service Is it really Gold?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2007 at 06:15 AM »
I'm planning to buy a samsung LCD panel. I think I would put your word into account. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on having your LCD back!
Denon 1912 + Yamaha NS-777, Dynaudio Audience 40, HTPC i7 7700k, 24GB, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti, LG 4K

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Panasonic 32LE7M panel went kaput after 13 months of usage!LEMON UNIT!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 05:55 PM »
mga bro, got a problem with my 1 yr old Panasonic LE7. it's now displaying washed out colors and heavy contrast. no matter what i do with the settings, it wont revert back to normal. any idea what this could be before i send it out for servicing? perhaps there is a system reboot or magic buttons that i could do to reset the unit back to normal.

here are the screenshots:

thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 at 05:56 PM by SpydaMang »

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
Re: Help!Panny 32 in LE7M color washout
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 02:32 PM »
up ko lang ;D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 05:05 PM »
up again...help even from non panny owners. perhaps you have an idea what could be wrong with my unit. thanks!

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2614
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 10:51 AM »
san mo nabili ung unit mo sir? baka pwede sa kanila
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 11:13 AM »
Sight and Sounds. i'm getting other "expert" opinions in this forum before i send it out for servicing. out of warranty na kasi.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 11:20 AM »
mas ok sir if dun mo rin dadalhin since dun mo siya binili. baka makahingi kayo ng discount sa repairs

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 11:31 AM »
wala pa lang kwenta dito...akala ko magagaling mga tao dito at makakatulong...

Hindi naman po boss! Mahirap kasi mag coment ng basta basta lang... ;)

Anyway, sir yung Sammy 37R8 ko had a very very similar issue like yours after one 1 year of purchase sa Abenson. It even had "Rainbow" pictures too (On all inputs). They replaced a board inside the T.V.

Now it's running fine! Best thing to do sir, is to call your dealer tapos have them send someone over to look.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 11:51 AM »
Thanks Carlos777 for sharing your similar experience. that's what I was hoping for to get from this forum. it's just a sentiment especially since i was expecting a lot of feedbacks from "experts" here. but hey! since i got one from you, now i know what to do.thanks a lot!

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 12:48 PM »
Tama si anya618.  We do not just jump into conversations, giving feedback basta-basta.

"Expert" feedback must come from actual owners, or people with actual experience handling the same unit.  Wag ka agad mag-tampo, malas lang siguro at wala masyado pa ang may LE7M, and kung meron man, hindi pa nila na-e-experience ang problem mo.

SnS offers professional calibration.  There will be very few who are more "expert" than them.  Go give them a call.  Sa kanila pa naman nanggaling unit mo.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 12:49 PM »
who knows, they might do it for free ;D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 01:42 PM »
thanks for the comments guys! appreciated.

panasonic will be sending a technician to my house to check up on the unit and do repairs for free kasi under warranty pa rin daw. :D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
Panasonic 32LE7M panel went kaput after 13 months of usage!LEMON UNIT!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 05:54 PM »
Guys allow me to just release my frustrations here. According to Panasonic, the panel of my 32LE7M was defective from what they've gathered from the symptoms below. The sad part is that it went kaput after 1 month from warranty expiration! They are advising me to have the panel replaced which is very impractical because i can already buy a new unit for that price.

The technician from Panasonic service center said that the panel for the this model was from Samsung which they have reliability issues. Now they are using Hitachi panels for their units. Now what i dont understand is that since Panasonic knows that they have a reliability issue with the panels, and here is my case, why wont they replace my unit or give me other options (like allow me to purchase another one with a HUGE discount?).

Canon was able to replace my digicam when they had acknowledged that the unit had a defective component even after warranty! Now here's a reputable Japanese company known for quality products selling LEMON products and not even giving owners what's fairly due them.

now Sir Vic from Sight and Sounds (from where i bought the unit) will be trying his best to get the best deal from Panasonic. (crossing my fingers on this one). But i hope someone from PANASONIC is reading this thread and will grow a conscience and help one frustrated owner here.

I was all praises for Panasonic and even recommended it to my friends. Now what will i tell my other friends? and how about your friends?

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
up lang...

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
if my memroy sreves me right, diba may ang post pa dito minsan that someone from Panasonic is monitoring this thread? ;D

well bro, yan din ang isa sa mga ikinatatakot kong mangyari sakin, i hope vic can/will do somthing about it.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
dito lang lamang ung ibang appliance store, meron kasi silang extended warranty na 2-3 years

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
if my memroy sreves me right, diba may ang post pa dito minsan that someone from Panasonic is monitoring this thread? ;D

well bro, yan din ang isa sa mga ikinatatakot kong mangyari sakin, i hope vic can/will do somthing about it.

that's why i put all the details just iin case the Panny guy is indeed monitoring topics.  8) btw isnt there a warranty for LCD panels?

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45

The technician from Panasonic service center said that the panel for the this model was from Samsung which they have reliability issues. Now they are using Hitachi panels for their units. Now what i dont understand is that since Panasonic knows that they have a reliability issue with the panels, and here is my case, why wont they replace my unit or give me other options (like allow me to purchase another one with a HUGE discount?).

I have nothing to say about your problem with your tv but I totally agree with you here sir. Since they acknowledged that it's their fault and they have issues with their unit, they should be giving you discount or replace your unit for free. I also don't understand why they are selling this kind of unit when in fact they know it has issues.  >:(
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM by dyerds »

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
papansin lang bro... ;D

Offline zenglebron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Yun lang pinagtataka ko sa LCD TV warranty sa Pilipinas. Bakit ang usual ay 1 year lang? bakit sa ibang bansa, 2 to 3 years kahit sa LCD panel.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
could it be we are the dumping grounds for LEMON units that's why they wont offer longer warranty periods?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
that's why i put all the details just iin case the Panny guy is indeed monitoring topics.  8) btw isnt there a warranty for LCD panels?
iirc, panels have 2 years warranty .. ask your dealer about it. 
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 at 03:19 AM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline stardust17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 12:50 AM »
??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

haha better delete na nga lang ito bro. hindi naman kailangan magpapansin dito eh. no insults please =P
there are a lot of "experts" here and no need to insult them to get them to speak up. theyre naturally very helpful.

about your tv, ask abt the warranty of the lcd, baka meron aside from just the tv's.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #53 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 03:21 AM »
haha better delete na nga lang ito bro. hindi naman kailangan magpapansin dito eh. no insults please =P
there are a lot of "experts" here and no need to insult them to get them to speak up. theyre naturally very helpful.
about your tv, ask abt the warranty of the lcd, baka meron aside from just the tv's.
i think he just wants to bump the thread .. :)

Spydamang did you ask the dealer regarding the 2 years panel warranty ?
ninjababez online ..

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
if they acknowledged na may problema nga sila sa dating supplier/panels, diba dapat iPULL OUT nila lahat ng items nila na galing sa supplier na yun?

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
iirc, panels have 2 years warranty .. ask your dealer about it. 

ako din bro di ko sure kung ano talga ang totoo sa warranty ng panel, 2 years or 1 year, yung 2 friendly neighborhood sellers natin magkaiba ng sabi eh. ???  ano nga ba talga? hope they can confirm this. and tingin ko this is not dealer option, kung ilang taon man, i think standard manufacturer's warranty yan, so it should not differ kung sino/san nabili as long as Pana honors tha warranty. but i may be wrong.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
hope Sir Vic (Sns) and Jeff (Theaterworks) would confirm what the warranty of panels are of the brands they are carrying. the warranty cards do not necessarily state specifically about the panels.

i hope this experience of mine can somehow influence your choices now when buying a unit especially from a reputable brand like PANASONIC. >:(

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
hope Sir Vic (Sns) and Jeff (Theaterworks) would confirm what the warranty of panels are of the brands they are carrying. the warranty cards do not necessarily state specifically about the panels.

i hope this experience of mine can somehow influence your choices now when buying a unit especially from a reputable brand like PANASONIC. >:(

I can feel you right there and would also be completely pissed if the same thing happens to me. But, it does happen even to the very best and most reputable of brands.

Let us know and will also be crossing my fingers for you ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 at 03:59 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
thanks bro for the sentiment. i should post a pix here with me in all tears watching my MKV movies on a 29" CRT (with due respect to CRT owners)  :'(

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sana TW and SnS can confirm the number of years ng warranty ng panel.