Author Topic: The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread  (Read 66936 times)

Offline jrcrunch

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread
« Reply #390 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 07:21 PM »
yeah sana d2 meron din and quick action ang service.

exp ko kasi ay umabot pa ng 6 months tapos parang trade-in lang nangyari. o well.....

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #391 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM »
Sigh  ::)

Offline jrcrunch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM »

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM »
OMG indeed. Ayan nanaman. :(

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #394 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM »
OMG indeed. Ayan nanaman. :(

Ano model yan tsip?

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM »
42LH70 master. Yung red ring light niya reminds me of HAL from 2001:A Space Odyssey.

"I can't let you do that, Dave"  :P

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #396 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 01:04 PM »
Bro,... same problem as before..?

Ouch,...

Good luck bro...

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 02:45 PM »
Luck has never been on my side since my first HDTV. Sana 3rd time's the charm.  ::)

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 03:00 PM »
Luck has never been on my side since my first HDTV. Sana 3rd time's the charm.  ::)

Hmmm...cge tsip I'll look at a year plus LCD that I sold and see if it has the same "bleed". I'll take pictures of it also.

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Feb 13, 2010 at 03:05 PM »
Yes please. Although i think this is a variable because these ones have IPS panels.

Also, this unit is note even 5 months old!  >:(

Offline jrcrunch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 01:30 AM »
Yes please. Although i think this is a variable because these ones have IPS panels.

Also, this unit is note even 5 months old!  >:(

go plasma na dude :)

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 03:46 PM »

Also, this unit is note even 5 months old!  >:(

I checked 2 units so far: My Sammy A650 and a Tosh CV500, both have clouding but not as bad as what you have. What was close to what you've shown was an LZ80 from Panasonic and to a lesser extent a 32S10...

Both Panasonic's have mild yellowish stains, do you have that on your LG?
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2010 at 03:47 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 08:30 PM »
I believe there are more of a problem with IPS/Hard panels than the previous LCD tech. Anyway, it's still intermittent, sometimes it's there, sometimes no...but usually, one day it'll just stay on the screen i suspect, just like my previous LCDs.

Should have gone plasma. :(

Offline stratix2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #403 on: Apr 04, 2010 at 02:38 PM »
I just got my 42C10 from one of our reputable sellers here in PDVD. I had it over LG and the LX model of Panasonic.

Some observations after I had it set up and tweaked.

1. Cable TV Viewing - I saw streaks of white lines about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick on the right hand side of the panel. very evident on 8 or so channels. ESPN, Starsports, Bloomberg, Travel and Living, etc. It was attached to a splitter and the other end of the splitter in my old reliable Sharp Aquos LCD. I do not see the same signature on the LCD.

2. Watching boxing this morning, I noticed that the view seemed Zoomed 2 to 3X than normal screen display. I did run down from aspect ratios of 16:9, 14:9, just and 4:3 and still the screen appeared soomed in. I did manual tuning as well to fix the screen setting but it is just how it was.
Noticed that only half of the boxer's body is visible on the screen if he happens to be in either rear of the panel's side (left or right).

Note : This could be signal/frequency dependent including the first one. Hope the gurus here can help me sort this one out. I have not had the chance to read back from this thread if my observations are the same as the ones already highlighted.

So far only these observations caught my attention. I had the first one already relayed to the seller by sending pics of the affected channels. They acknowledged the concern and at first decided to dispatch a new unit immediately to be dispatched the next day (tested already right from their store of the affected channels as we were a bit in a hurry when we did the buy-off in their store and at home when their guys did the set-up) but later on advised me to have the case referred to Panasonic first and let their guys go check my unit to debug.

Reading the strings of notes on issues with Panasonic's units and local service on other threads made me think twice of the offer. I am crossing my finger hoping my case is just a simple one and can be resolved technically and amicably.

I trust the reputable seller's support and commitment and also hoping that they can assist in the immediate resolution of my concern.

Our efforts to uplift the service level of our local vendors by the continued feedback and steady flow of communications in this forum will soon make that wish a reality.

This avenue is a very powerful means for us, consumers be protected by our rights and get the most of our hard earned money.

My hope also that it does not get abused, as after all, we all love this thing we are into.

As by now, I am hoping to get a call from Panasonic come monday or any time tuesday.
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 12:36 PM »
^Most of the reputable sellers in PDVD are gray market dealers.  If so, I doubt you would get much help from Panasonic Philippines. 

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 08:26 PM »
That's a fact that gets me paranoid actually. I am crossing my fingers and made a deal with the seller that if Panasonic does not attend to their/my complain, I go straight to their shop this weekend and demand replacement unit. I leave the chasing of Panasonic to them. Afterall, its them who got my money and Panasonic who got theirs. Fair enough indeed as I stressed out.

I also hope they keep their end of the bargain.

By far, aside from the observation, the C10 indeed deliver very lively colors. Di nakaka pagod panoorin. Even my 4 month daughter just cant stop watching cartoons and jump with joy for the vivid colors and moving parts she sees.
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline deuce

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #406 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 08:48 PM »
That's a fact that gets me paranoid actually. I am crossing my fingers and made a deal with the seller that if Panasonic does not attend to their/my complain, I go straight to their shop this weekend and demand replacement unit. I leave the chasing of Panasonic to them. Afterall, its them who got my money and Panasonic who got theirs. 

If the dealer sourced the unit from Panasonic, and can call on Panasonic for service, then your tv is not a gray unit, and most likely you're in good shape :).

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 11:35 PM »
If the dealer sourced the unit from Panasonic, and can call on Panasonic for service, then your tv is not a gray unit, and most likely you're in good shape :).

But on the other hand, gray market dealers would normally just get your unit and replace it outright.  Local units will not straightaway mean better aftersales service.

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Apr 05, 2010 at 11:40 PM »
Brand new LG Split-Type Aircon | Dead Unit | Ondoy-flooded Unit

I purchased a brand new 1.5hp LG Split-type air conditioner 2 weeks ago from an online reseller in Sulit.ph who also recently joined PinoyDVD to sell cheap LG LCDs.  The price of the A/C is way cheaper than major appliances stores.

They installed the "brand new" A/C at my condo unit 2 days after, it was not working.  I demanded for a replacement, not a repair.  They said they will send first an LG Technician to check the unit and wait for their recommendations for replacement.

LG Technician came to my place after a few days and opened the front cover.  I noticed that the warranty sticker and tape are damaged.  They told to me that the 260V outlet at my unit might have caused the problem with the A/C.  They checked the control box and removed it from the A/C unit. To our surprise, the it was full of mud!!!

The LG Technician asked for the name of the dealer. Sinisira daw kasi nila reputation ng LG for selling Ondoy-flooded appliances.  I just asked the LG technician to contact my reseller and discuss it with her.  LG Technician recommended to replace the unit.  I opted to replace it with a different brand.

The online reseller explained to me that their units come from another reseller.  The online reseller replaced the brand new flooded unit with a Samsung A/C last week.

Just wondering about this... medyo old topic na but... since this is a split type A/C, authorized LG installers would be required to do the installation and startup.  Why didn't they at that point notice the irregularities particularly the damaged warranty seal and the like?  Tsaka na lang magbibintang kapag-nasira na.

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Apr 07, 2010 at 09:22 AM »
I have cleared with the reputable seller that the unit is not "gray unit" thus, Panasonic covers the local warranty. Will let the members know how it unfolds come friday.
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Apr 08, 2010 at 11:18 PM »
As an update to my problem, the LG people i've spoke with were very quick and good. They are addressing the problem by sending in some new parts to be installed within a week.

Would've preferred they replace the whole thing but hey, their service at least is ok so far.

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 12:12 AM »
As an update to my problem, the LG people i've spoke with were very quick and good. They are addressing the problem by sending in some new parts to be installed within a week.

Would've preferred they replace the whole thing but hey, their service at least is ok so far.

Hope to get updates on whether those replacements will do the job. 

BTW, home service ba sila, pickup or did you have to bring your TV to them?

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 01:46 PM »
They're replacing it "in-house" now as I type. Will let you know.  ;)

Offline bibilitv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 08:11 AM »
Hi

Bibilit ako first lcd tv pero nung nabasa ako ito kinakabahan ako sa samsung, panasonic. Lalo na yang samsung. Yung washing machine namin may design flaw yung magic filter. Mas ok pa yung filter na net type ng sharp!!!

Parang Sharp, Sony or LG na lang kaya.

or baka Plasma na lang.

Nakakatakot ang bilis pala masira. Matibay pa cellphone.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2010 at 08:15 AM by bibilitv »

Offline randiezbee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 08:13 PM »
guys my toshiba regza screen was broken. its 32RV600E. anybody here has experience having a toshiba repaired by their service center? how much kaya ito?

Offline jireckpuge

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Oct 10, 2010 at 09:50 AM »
hi guys do you have any idea where can i get a replacement lcd panel
for my 32" samsung series5 LA-32a550 coz it' s broken [basag po]  :'(
mejo mahal po kase @ samsung service center @ 17k
tia mga sir  :) :)
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010 at 09:52 AM by jireckpuge »

Offline alfa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
LG Lcd service
« Reply #416 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 06:07 AM »
I have a 32 inch LG  HD LCD tv which I bought from Abenson last dec, 2009. Last week a line suddenly appeared on the lower right portion of the screen. As the line would not  go away I called the LG service hotline. Three days later a service man came to inspect the unit, which was a Saturday. They called me on my cel that the problem was the LCD module itself and would need to be replaced. They asked for the date of purchase, thereafter they told me the unit was still under warranty. They said they will try to come back sometime next week to replace the item. I expected them to come in at least a few days later.

Come Monday I was surprised to see them in the house with a replacement LCD panel in tow. In 25 mins they replaced the panel, tested it and they were off.

I write this to share the impeccable service experience I had with LG. That is what I call service. Unknown to LG we are in  the market for a new inverter Aircon and double door ref. LG was in the middle of the list. With the impressive service I got guess who got boosted to the top of the list.

Kudos also to Abenson Greenbelt. I asked for a copy of my receipt which I had lost. I expected a runaround. Instead a man named Joseph from the store got all my info and said he will try to get the reciept faxed to me in a week's time.

This is a far cry from the crappy customer service appliance distributors and stores used to give. So the next time some guy gives you crappy service tell one and all so that their corporate demise will come earlier than usual.

I write this to give the positive side of buying appliances and offer a lighter side on some negative feedbacks we often have to complain about.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010 at 06:15 AM by alfa »

Offline artsky

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: LG Lcd service
« Reply #417 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 08:25 AM »
nice share!

Offline nsp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 08:48 AM »
what bothers me is bakit nasira agad within 1 year.

no real statistics to prove it but based on anecdotal evidences, it seems madaling masira ang lcd.

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:46 AM »

+points for LG for me. it seems ill go for LG. torn between Toshiba.  :D