Author Topic: The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread  (Read 66278 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Di ba dapat the buyer should clarify the exact warranty conditions at the time of purchase? 

On one hand, sa sobrang reasonable ng price ng friendly sellers natin compared to regular appliance stores, I wouldnt be surprised that maker's warranty would be relatively shorter because warranty costs money.  "Unclear" maker's warranty happens hindi lang sa Philippines especially when you buy items at legitimate stores at very attractive prices.  That doesnt make the item or the store undesirable.  Just know the exact conditions of sale before you decide to buy anything this expensive.  Who knows kung talagang 1 year lang ang standard maker's warranty for panels in the Philippines.

With all due respect to everybody, and I'm really hoping that your seller would be able to help.   

On the other hand, panels shouldnt get seriously busted only after a year of normal usage (whatever happened to 60,000 hours or so panel lifespan???) and kung acknowledged nga ng maker that any component of their product has the possibility to conk out earlier than expected, then it has to be covered by some kind of "special warranty".    Hindi naman sila mag-re-recall or stop selling, but would only wait for the problem to occur and then fix it.  It happened with my Sony CRT HDTV.   5 years after I bought it, it exhibited a problem which Sony readily admitted as occurring at abnormally high rate for that model.  Totally free ang repair.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 at 06:19 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2611
normally 1 year warranty ang bigay ng mga appliance stores, in some cases nag ooffer sila ng extended warranty (2 to 3 years) BUT you have to pay extra
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27

On the other hand, panels shouldnt get seriously busted only after a year of normal usage (whatever happened to 60,000 hours or so panel lifespan???) and kung acknowledged nga ng maker that any component of their product has the possibility to conk out earlier than expected, then it has to be covered by some kind of "special warranty".    Hindi naman sila mag-re-recall or stop selling, but would only wait for the problem to occur and then fix it.  It happened with my Sony CRT HDTV.   5 years after I bought it, it exhibited a problem which Sony readily admitted as occurring at abnormally high rate for that model.  Totally free ang repair.

Good luck!

that's exactly my point Clondalkin. this is an abnormal breakdown vs their declared panel lifespan which Panasonic refuses to act on. Even if SnS purchased it as a parallel import from their supplier in SG, it is still a Panasonic unit and they should feel responsbile as well. What a corporate attitude!

again whoever here is from Panasonic, grow a conscience man and do what a responsible seller should do- take care of its customer! Di lang puro benta nasa isip nyo. The more you delay, the noisier i will get. Who knows, i may have influenced some people here to think twice in buying your gears!

thanks for the support Clondalkin! mabuhay ka!

Offline insomnii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I believe that it's really luck that guides us in NOT buying a lemon unit, kahit anong kilatis mo sa unit bago mo bilhin ito. To those who have no problems with their purchases (of course, limited by its lifespan), consider yourself very LUCKY!!!

Offline bongcastaneda

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Every manufacturer of LCD monitors for PCs take note give two years
(some brands have 3 years like chimei, etc)
warranty but most of the time not to the enduser directly.
Why? some lcds may stay in the store for a looong time so that way by the time its sold it still has claim to one year warranty
when sold to the enduser.
However LCDTVS I'm not familiar with the warranty.
I haven't tried applying for dealership coz they want me to order by
volume agad.
(may papers ako but not the capital)
But i do suspect that dealers can get the two year warranty.
Ive heard that LG has a 3 year warranty.
Still its your dealer who can negotiate for you.

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009 at 12:59 AM by bongcastaneda »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
that's exactly my point Clondalkin. this is an abnormal breakdown vs their declared panel lifespan which Panasonic refuses to act on. Even if SnS purchased it as a parallel import from their supplier in SG, it is still a Panasonic unit and they should feel responsbile as well. What a corporate attitude!
again whoever here is from Panasonic, grow a conscience man and do what a responsible seller should do- take care of its customer! Di lang puro benta nasa isip nyo. The more you delay, the noisier i will get. Who knows, i may have influenced some people here to think twice in buying your gears!
thanks for the support Clondalkin! mabuhay ka!
i think thats the reason why panasonic is overcharging you.  im sure you just got a lemon unit, too bad though its over a year old.  (which is really upsetting)  >:(
ninjababez online ..

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
A development guys- Sir Vic of SnS will try to negotiate with the distributor for a direct swap of my unit from LE7 to a new LE8. Reason for this is that the replacement panel of my lemon LE7 cost Php 18K. Rather than having a repaired unit, Sir Vic is keen to having my unit be upgraded to a new unit.

Should i take this offer? or should i opt to get another unit from another brand at the same price or bit more?

it's frustrating to spend for another unit which is totally unplanned!

help? ???

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2611
from le7 to le8 magkano add mo? or free or charge?
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM by anya618 »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
from le7 to le8 magkano add mo? or free or charge?

same price of the replacement panel- Php 18K.

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
same price of the replacement panel- Php 18K.

Hmmm...

That's a good offer but take into consideration what you get for that price:

-Both units are only 1080i/720p max
-Both already have dual HDMI inputs

So for 18k it's just like getting a brand new upgrade with an incremental increase in technology over what you already have. Since, this is the route given you, try to see if you can negotiate for a jump to an LX80 (May have to spend a little more, but you're on that boat already). I know it's an unexpected purchase but since you'd be doing so, go for something that has an added feature that both units (LE7/LE8) don't have like the LX80's IPS-Alpha Panel, para naman maramdaman mo yung "upgrade".

IPS-Alpha panel on LX80 = Better viewing angle and faster pixel response rate.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
A development guys- Sir Vic of SnS will try to negotiate with the distributor for a direct swap of my unit from LE7 to a new LE8. Reason for this is that the replacement panel of my lemon LE7 cost Php 18K. Rather than having a repaired unit, Sir Vic is keen to having my unit be upgraded to a new unit.

Should i take this offer? or should i opt to get another unit from another brand at the same price or bit more?

it's frustrating to spend for another unit which is totally unplanned!

help? ???

id take the deal, but as what Carlo777 suggested try to negotiate for an LX80  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
So for 18k it's just like getting a brand new upgrade with an incremental increase in technology over what you already have. Since, this is the route given you, try to see if you can negotiate for a jump to an LX80 (May have to spend a little more, but you're on that boat already). I know it's an unexpected purchase but since you'd be doing so, go for something that has an added feature that both units (LE7/LE8) don't have like the LX80's IPS-Alpha Panel, para naman maramdaman mo yung "upgrade".

IPS-Alpha panel on LX80 = Better viewing angle and faster pixel response rate.

thanks for this bro. i was contemplating on getting the LX80 because of the panel but still apprehensive with getting a Panasonic unit (na-phobia na siguro). i'm hoping that Sir Vic would agree to my other proposal of getting another unit/brand. Samsung or LG plasma.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
If the LE80 has Hitachi Displays, then that's IPS-Alpha.  Hitachi Displays is the original name of IPS-Alpha.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
thanks sa lahat. napapa-isip tuloy kung ano ang pang-replace... ??? ??? ???

any idea guys?thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
thanks sa lahat. napapa-isip tuloy kung ano ang pang-replace... ??? ??? ???

any idea guys?thanks!
Le8 is slightly better than le7
lx80 or higher bro  :)
get the panasonic then confirm the 2 years panel warranty ..  :D :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
or me get LG 32PC5 right? ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
or me get LG 32PC5 right? ;D
yeah thats the best option .. unless you want to go 42" ... hehehe palayo ng palayo .. :D :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
yeah thats the best option .. unless you want to go 42" ... hehehe palayo ng palayo .. :D :D

i'll just stay within my budget muna bro. mahirap magextend galit mrs. hehe to quote my katulong - hwag na po koya... ::)

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
i'll just stay within my budget muna bro. mahirap magextend galit mrs. hehe to quote my katulong - hwag na po koya... ::)

Tama sir, stay within a reasonable frame that does not stray away from your projected budget. It's really nice to throw a number of recommendations right now but like I said these things can happen to any brand be it Sammy, LG or Panny. Get the best of what your "senses" tell you with a price range that is still not too far from your projection.

Remember this is an unexpected buy kasi, it's not that you were really shopping for a new unit to begin with. Sa akin mag tatabi na ako ng 25k(SAGAD NA) and try to negotiate for the following units:

Panny LX80 = Ips Alha
Sammy 32A550 = Full HD ka na

or yung LG na plasma, sorry I don't have this unit kaya I can't say anything about it.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
18K for a trade-in, so effectively, the store is offering you like 10K for your busted LCD. Use that 10K discount and get the PV8 or PV80.   You'd lively very happily for the next 3 years. 

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
18K for a trade-in, so effectively, the store is offering you like 10K for your busted LCD. Use that 10K discount and get the PV8 or PV80.   You'd lively very happily for the next 3 years. 

or until the next unit's LCD goes conkers on me.  :D  thanks a lot for the replies and support!

Offline pilyo168

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • DVD Guru
  • If you dont feel your bass. Your subwoofer sucks.
  • Liked:
wow ang bait naman ni sir vic of sns. i hope other dealer does this option too.

its like buying your defective lcd for 10K.  :o
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:03 AM by pilyo168 »

Offline acee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
good to hear that.. they really take care this issue. buti na lang mabait si sir Vic

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
bakit yung longkatuts namin sabi sa tito ko, "sige kuya may kalalagyan ka!"

or until the next unit's LCD goes conkers on me.  :D  thanks a lot for the replies and support!
dont be so negative, just ask for a distro/panel warranty of 2 years this time .. ;)  (ano kaya sobrang kamalasan, power button or whatever naman ang nasira after 13 months .. :D :D .. sorry bad joke .. cant help it  ;D )
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009 at 07:20 AM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
got a Toshiba Regza 32AV500 to replace my lemon Panasonic 32LE7M. So far so good.  Many thanks to Sir Vic of SnS. Guys, if you are looking for excellent customer service this is the place, Sounds and Sights! +1 to SnS! :D

Offline stardust17

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
got a Toshiba Regza 32AV500 to replace my lemon Panasonic 32LE7M. So far so good.  Many thanks to Sir Vic of SnS. Guys, if you are looking for excellent customer service this is the place, Sounds and Sights! +1 to SnS! :D

errr...you mean Sights & Sounds :))
goodluck on the toshiba

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

errr...you mean Sights & Sounds :))
goodluck on the toshiba
aw! what does this statement mean bro?  is there a problem with toshiba units?  :(
im planning to get one for a client and if its bad then ill get another brand for him instead.
ninjababez online ..

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
I have a Toshiba LCD, so far so good naman sya. It has been with me for a year na rin naman.  :) I think he was not particularly saying that Toshiba LCD's are bad.  ;D

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
The Seller/Brand Service (Pre - Post Sales Service) Thread
« Reply #88 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 01:44 PM »

I have decided to make this thread one where member can posts feedbacks in regards to the servicing of damaged/broken/malfunctioning to their respective sellers/distributors.

This is to keep transparency and to help other members in buying new sets, official or otherwise, and the preceding post sales services given to them. I'm sure this will help a lot and will also serve at least a power thread where we can voice out our concerns regarding the brand's reliability or the seller's service.

Carry on.  :D

-------READ MY RANT ON THE 6TH POST--------------------

Back reading on the 2008 Panasonic thread you would find that I once had a defect in my LCD, a 37lx80, a so called "staining", which unlike backlight bleeding produces a weird yellow stain that's more pronounced and distracting and in fact in kind of gradually grew. This came about around after 3 months of use.

After 2 months of waiting and getting excuses from Panasonic, with Sir Jeff's help they upgraded and changed me to an 37Lz80 in which I was pleasantly surprised with, and very grateful, around March/April of last  Fast forward to today, well about a month ago, these "stains" started to creep again, very yellowish (in the pictures, its not as pronounced but personally it's really yellow), first from the right and then just this week to the left. Also from another angle it seems that it's starting to show up on the upper corners too. This is not just some uniformity issue with backlight, i wish it was. It's far too obvious in watching DVDs and Blu-Rays since having the black bars, top and bottom, really shows this staining.

I need your advice fellow members, my warranty ends in a few months, do I go to the grueling process of availing the new set again? And after that in a few months it will show the "staining" again?  There's an almost 2 month old 42LZ80 too in the living room, so far so good, am i just really unlucky? or is there a small sized batch that have these defects? Are there any other owners out there experiencing the same thing?

Pics were taken at an order when i first noticed the stains

Take not, again, there not as obvious here in the pictures but personally they're more obvious and really yellow.

Sigh  :-\ What to do?
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 at 01:55 PM by vx2 »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Help with "Staining"
« Reply #89 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 05:21 PM »
@vx2

I also saw that on my cousins 37LX80, which looks really bad. At first, we thought it was mere backlight bleeding but I know that this "clouding" effect should not have a "yellowish" haze. It was also replaced by another 37LX80, same thing happened within 2 months or so, in the end we had to switch to another brand.

Please have it replaced with another set, or if possible another brand.