Author Topic: 12 Monkeys  (Read 4044 times)

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
Re: 12 Monkeys
« Reply #30 on: Jul 06, 2018 at 10:51 AM »
This final season has some good storylines unlike the last two seasons. I wonder if this major plot reveal has been designed from day 1? It's good that they're wrapping this up. I'm getting dizzy trying to follow all the different timelines.

According to this, yes, but I we don't really know.  :)

https://tvline.com/2018/06/29/12-monkeys-recap-season-4-episode-9-hannah-cole-mother/

While the mother reveal came as a surprise to Cole, it was actually in the works “from the beginning, from Season 1,” showrunner Terry Matalas tells TVLine. “From the moment we mentioned Marion Woods, I knew. In fact, on Brooke’s first day, I told her, right after she was cast. It was something that was always planned. And if you go back and watch the series, you can see many hints of that throughout.”

Oh, and I like it that they also included more light/funny moments this season for most of the cast. :)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #31 on: Jul 07, 2018 at 10:16 PM »
That was a very satisfying conclusion to the series--now this was one show that I was glad to have watched from the start and never abandoned, as the payoff was worth it in the end.

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 09:03 AM »
Agree?  I must be one of the few people who have't seen Breaking Bad, so I can't tell.  :)

'12 Monkeys': The Best Series Finale Since 'Breaking Bad'

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 12:10 PM »
Agree?  I must be one of the few people who have't seen Breaking Bad, so I can't tell.  :)

'12 Monkeys': The Best Series Finale Since 'Breaking Bad'

Yeah, I agree. They're the same in the sense that all plotlines were resolved, bad guys taken care of, etc. but I thought that the 12 Monkeys finale was better since everyone got the ending they deserved--now this is how you end a genre show.

Offline dm1179

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #34 on: Jul 12, 2018 at 07:16 AM »
Happy ending. Love this series from the start.
...guaranteed to rock your world!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #35 on: Jul 30, 2018 at 05:07 PM »
I actually abandoned this mid way through season 2. From the good reviews here, I binged it to the end. It meandered there for a bit that's why I dropped it. But season 4 was really tight. And the Nazi episode was hilarious! Good show overall.