Author Topic: Philippine Cargo Congested?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline mrquery

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • I'm here and there....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Philippine Cargo Congested?
« on: May 16, 2014 at 02:48 AM »
Anybody can validate if there is a congestion in manila cargo?

I shipped my "balikbayan box" last 21-April-2014 and called my courier on the status and told me there is congestion on manila cargo hence there will be a delay, just looking for anybody which can validate this?

In relevance to PDVD, due to this, now I am on a hunt to temporarily build a bedroom setup until I receive my precious cargo..  :(

This is all I can find from the web as of now
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/05/13/1322472/manila-suspends-daytime-truck-ban
US Gears: Eico | Tannoy | Thorens | MHDT
KL. Gears: Arcam | Castle | Thorens
PH Gears: HK | Infinty

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re: Philippine Cargo Congested?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014 at 09:29 AM »
Bro, the delay may be due to customs
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014 at 09:31 AM »

Truck Ban Advisory

The City of Manila has been implementing its truck ban since February 24, 2014. This has caused tremendous backlog and congestion in the Port of Manila (POM) and at the Manila International Container Port. (MICP), and consequently delays in deliveries of balikbayan boxes.

The Manila truck ban is in addition to an existing truck ban imposed by the Metro Manila Development Authority, which bans trucks from entering certain major streets in Metro Manila from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Under the Manila truck ban, eight-wheeler trucks and vehicles with a gross weight of more than 9,920 pounds are banned from Manila's streets from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 9 pm. There are some exceptions, including vehicles carrying perishable goods and petroleum products, and those serving government projects. There is no truck ban on Saturdays and Sundays, but the Bureau of Customs is not open on weekends.

As a result, while before turnaround time for trucks was one day, it now takes the same truck three days to deliver its cargo and return to the port. That means, more or less, deliveries are around three times slower than before. The delay has caused a domino effect on all deliveries, from the delayed processing and release of containers, to delayed delivery of containers because of lack of trucks available in the ports, and to delay in delivery to beneficiaries' homes.

Also because of the truck ban, truck companies raised their fees by 50% effective March 15. That means, in addition to the delays, added costs for cargo forwarders and importers. The fee for transporting a 20-footer from MICT or South Harbor to Cavite (Bacoor, Imus, Kawit and Noveleta) - the closest in the list to Las Pinas - is P20,400 and P22,200.

Please advise your customers of these delays, which are not within our control, so that they would understand why delivery of their balikbayan boxes are delayed by a few days. If their boxes need to reach their beneficiary within a certain day, please advise them to send their boxes at least seven days in advance to make up for the expected delays in the Port of Manila.
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014 at 09:52 AM »
Kaya pala tumaas ng konti shipping charges ngayon..
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686