Author Topic: LISTENING IN STYLE GROUP : SALE AND EVENTS  (Read 46887 times)

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:LISTENING IN STYLE GROUP : SALE AND EVENTS
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2004 at 11:14 AM »
bump!!!!

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2004 at 03:57 PM »
Is the inventory sale still ongoing for the Yamaha receivers.  Was not able to get one since I have to be out of town.  Thanks.
ALA EH!!

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 12, 2004 at 11:43 PM »
still on going

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
Re: LISTENING IN STYLE GROUP : SALE AND EVENTS
« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2004 at 01:31 AM »
Any updates

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 17, 2004 at 12:12 AM »
                                                    Bring the Music and Film to life                                                          By Planning a system of cables

Perhaps its the only thing you'll be needing to upgrade your system....

Join us on the 23rd of august as
                                           Mr. Jim Shannon Of Transparent Audio Cables
                                                          helps you discover how this cable
                                                       can make you HEAR & SEE the music

Closest to the music ....
                                                          Truest to the Image....

TRANSPARENT CABLES

Be one of the guests and see how simple cable can make a big difference
                                                               Free Registration
                                  Please leave your name and phone number at the counter
                                                   And we'll call you for more details.

"If you hear what I heard, the difference will haunt you until you replace all your cables with TRANSPARENT"[/b]                                                     ---- Tranparent Cable user

LISTENING IN STYLE
                                      5th Level Shangri-la Edsa Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City
                                                     Tel 632.93.45 Telefax  632.97.85
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2004 at 12:00 AM by Meridian-Audio »

Offline Chito C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 08:17 PM »

Sir Meridian-Audio,

Got this from the yamaha thread for your info.

Yun nga eh. 1K++ lang ata ang difference.

Let me give everyone an account of my experience as a heads up:

I went there intending to buy a receiver. I already checked out the RXV530 the day before so i was really planning on buying it but the person I spoke to before was out so another person assisted me. I told him that I wanted to get the RXV530 but if he had anything else with in my budget which was 15K. He showed me the RXV440. The 530 was 12K+ while the 440 was 13K+. I asked him which was better, he said that the 530 was better. He did say that 440 was awarded. I asked him why it was better and he started spitting out some technical jargon about wattage, channels, decibels, etc... He said that the 530 was newer and was a better buy than the 440. So, I trusted him and decided on the 530. I told him then that i would charge a portion of it to my credit card & cash out about 3K.

Here's the 1st issue: the lady cashier then told me that since i was paying via card, they would have to add 6% to the amount being charged. I thought okay lang since I was already decided on buying it.  While i was at the cashier though, I saw a flyer of promotional items they had. It showed that the 530 could be charged at 0% in 6 installments!! So I asked the cashier about it. She looked at the flyer as if seeing it for the first time. She had to ask a colleague kung pwede pa raw. Of course, pwede pa! The flyer had dates on it! I asked the sales guy why they did not mention the promo to me but i did not get an answer. Anyway, they processed my purchase and the cashier swiped my card for the installment plan. They could still accept my payment of 3K and charge the remaining balance via the 6 month installment.

Here's the 2nd issue: The cashier then told me that declined yung transaction. I asked her what the decline reason was but the lady just tossed the card onto the counter then walked away. d**n!   The sales guy saw this and probably felt awkward. He immediately asked a more senior looking lady cashier to assist me. The older lady was kind enough to dial up Citibank customer service for me. From them I found out that the first cashier had inputted the full amount of 12K+ instead of the 9K+ remaining. That was the exact reason why I was paying 3K in cash because I knew what my available limit was (about 11K+)! I informed the older lady cashier of this and she tried the transaction again which of course was approved! All the while, the younger cashier was no where in sight and the older cashier kept asking the sales guy where she was. Apparently she just walked out the store after tossing my card.

And of course the 3rd issue I have now is I was talked into buying an older model actually and not a newer one than the 440 plus there is a big difference in the performance of the 2.

I just hope the owner or one of the managers of Listening In Style Shang read this or hear about this so that they can keep a closer watch of their employees.

To others, make sure you do thorough research before buying something. DO NOT TAKE THE WORD OF A SALES PERSON AT THE STORE.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
hi all!

any new updates about this store? i was there recently (at its Shangri-La branch) and they had good prices on some of the LCD/plasma models i'm in the market for. I just want to ask how they are, in terms of after sales service. thanks.

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #37 on: Aug 17, 2007 at 11:10 AM »
ok naman experience ko sa kanila. don't know if tapos na yung buy one take one promo nila. they offer reasonable warranty period also.

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 07:39 PM »
Sir meridian,

May ongoing sale ba sa Yamaha AVRs ngayon? Ano po prices? Thanks

Offline jobimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 04:43 PM »
sir pa-PM best price, I'm looking for either of these two combos:
(b) 2 40R81, or
(a) 1 40R81 + 1 37R81

tnx.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #40 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 10:29 PM »
Hi. I'm planning to upgrade my HT gears anytime soon. Can you kindly quote me prices for the following?  Are they available or per order basis? How much will it cost to ship to Davao City if ever? Thanks a lot.

Wharfedale 9.5
Wharfedale 9.6
Wharfedale 9.CM
Wharfedale 9.DFS
Velodyne CHT-10R
Velodyne CHT-12R
Yamaha RX-V1800
Onkyo TX-SR705
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline pirate_captain

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 01:42 PM »
Hi can you please pm me your best cash prices for available 42" and 50" plasmas ?

Offline pirate_captain

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Listening room - megamall - less than friendly ?
« Reply #42 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
I was put off by the less than friendly service at listening room megamall or are they just busy..hmm Anyone feel this way? They belong to the 'listening group' but they refuse to lower their prices to the same level as theatreworks or sights and sounds.

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
Re: Listening room - megamall - less than friendly ?
« Reply #43 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 01:25 PM »
I was put off by the less than friendly service at listening room megamall or are they just busy..hmm Anyone feel this way? They belong to the 'listening group' but they refuse to lower their prices to the same level as theatreworks or sights and sounds.

Pag pasensyhan nyo na dun, wala kasi maka decide ng price and marami talaga tao dun. Kulang sa man power, i will tell them what you have expericence sir. ;)

By the way sight and sound is not listening group. ;)

if you need anything just txt me on my cell direct 0917-8030747.

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 01:36 PM »

2 or 3months ago, I have experience the same thing din bro, the thing is, may isang mukang mayaman na customer sila, dun lahat sila nakatutok, wala man lang lumapit sa akin para tanungin ako kung ano kailangan ko, bibili sana ako ng speaker stand na naka-display dun... di ko na lang binili at umalis na lang ako kasi mukang busy sila sa pakikipag-kwentuhan dun sa isang customer nila... by the way, almost 10 minutes din ako naghintay na may mag-asikaso sa akin, pero deadma...
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 02:59 PM »

i've been a long time customer of theirs and more often than not, they're always busy. even i sometimes have to rush my transactions. that's why i usually go there during off-peak hours when i want to do some serious equipment auditioning.

on the contrary, they offer the best prices in the market, even better than sights & sounds (whose owner also happens to be a good friend) or theaterworks.

i'm calling them right now to give your feedback. just let me know if you need anything from them or from sights and sounds so i can refer you.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007 at 03:09 PM by Tonmeister »

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 03:07 PM »
ok, just talked to them about your concerns. aside from their apology, they want to advise all customers to just let your intentions be known so they can serve or assist you in your requirements.

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 04:05 PM »
Actually, I also encountered the same problem. I went inside the store because I was going to buy a Pioneer DVD player. Unfortunately, not even one sales person accommodated me. The sad thing is, hindi naman busy, since isang customer lang naman ang nasa store other than me. Naikot ko na yung buong store sa kakatingin, wala pa rin, pati yung bald guy (I think he's the owner/superior). Actually, I inquired, may answer naman sa questions ko. Pero paputol putol, meaning aalis siya then babalik, vice versa. So I just went out.

I bought my DVD player at Theater Works instead. (Hehe same group lang naman ;))
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007 at 04:27 PM by kingkydoo »

Offline papelandia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 04:08 PM »
I think the bald guy is the owner. hehe

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #49 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 04:23 PM »
Thank you for your nice complement.

I believe that customers attitudes towards spending are not only influenced by the price, but also by the level of service they receive. Price is not the only factor taken into account when making purchasing decisions.

Agree. Between two products with the same price, i normally buy from those manning the store with better product knowledge and are more courteous.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #50 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 05:53 PM »
i have no problems with the people from listening room mega.  i buy stuff there also.  if they don't attend to you it doesn't mean they are snobs.  they just probably won't bother you browsing til you call their attention when you have some inquiries.  siguro it depends on the person.

actually yun ganun style pa nga mas gusto ko.  yun hindi ako iniintindi.  sometimes kasi i really just browse and admire all the equipment and merchandise.  ayoko yun lalapit bigla sakin and mag eentertain eventhough wala naman talaga ako intention to buy.  minsan nga sumusunod pa sakin.  naiilang ako pag ganun.  instead of looking at each and every display...napapamadali pa nga ako kasi i feel uncomfortable browsing with someone looking over my shoulder.  so i can't wait to leave the establishment pag ganun.

people in listening room mega are actually very nice and accommodating.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #51 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 07:29 PM »

actually yun ganun style pa nga mas gusto ko.  yun hindi ako iniintindi.  sometimes kasi i really just browse and admire all the equipment and merchandise.  ayoko yun lalapit bigla sakin and mag eentertain eventhough wala naman talaga ako intention to buy.  minsan nga sumusunod pa sakin.  naiilang ako pag ganun.  instead of looking at each and every display...napapamadali pa nga ako kasi i feel uncomfortable browsing with someone looking over my shoulder.  so i can't wait to leave the establishment pag ganun.

Hello, Sorry but I dont agree with this hehe... But of course not all of us prefer/choose the same things..First of all, I have to say that I love listening group and nothing against them. I like them especially the way they price things. REAL MARKET VALUE..not like those other appliance stores..Anyway back on topic. I think it should go like this:

Customer walk in the door.
Salesman/owner: Hello, good morning, how are you? May I help you?
Customer: Hello, Im just browsing, Thanks
Salesman/owner: Ok pls just let me know if you need anything or have any questions.. I will just be over here.
Customer: Thanks

Ok regarding the bald guy, ya parang nga masungit ( sorry)..If he is the owner mismo he should be more friendly, whether it be looks (smiling face) or more talkative, meaning greeting people..Anyway I purchased an optical cable here before and I was just asking some stuff about the cable parang isang tanong isang sagot siya (sorry thats how I feel) Tsaka parang he is bothered or something when Im asking him questions...Anyway, I think he should be more smiling..and maybe talk more ( you know what I mean wag lang yun salita ng salita and na irritate na ang customer. Huag naman ganun hehe..) Actually if you are the owner/manager, you should be the one greeting people diba..

Pinaka cool sa akin si Minnie, yun babae doon, she is sometimes in listening room or listen up in glorietta. Cool and friendly siya kausap, Dapat medyo ganun ang sales people. Cool din yun matangkad salesguy sa listen up glorietta..Ok kung dalawa kayo na promote, treat ninyo ako ha... ;D

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #52 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 08:39 PM »
Hello, Sorry but I dont agree with this hehe... But of course not all of us prefer/choose the same things..First of all, I have to say that I love listening group and nothing against them. I like them especially the way they price things. REAL MARKET VALUE..not like those other appliance stores..Anyway back on topic. I think it should go like this:

Customer walk in the door.
Salesman/owner: Hello, good morning, how are you? May I help you?
Customer: Hello, Im just browsing, Thanks
Salesman/owner: Ok pls just let me know if you need anything or have any questions.. I will just be over here.
Customer: Thanks

Ok regarding the bald guy, ya parang nga masungit ( sorry)..If he is the owner mismo he should be more friendly, whether it be looks (smiling face) or more talkative, meaning greeting people..Anyway I purchased an optical cable here before and I was just asking some stuff about the cable parang isang tanong isang sagot siya (sorry thats how I feel) Tsaka parang he is bothered or something when Im asking him questions...Anyway, I think he should be more smiling..and maybe talk more ( you know what I mean wag lang yun salita ng salita and na irritate na ang customer. Huag naman ganun hehe..) Actually if you are the owner/manager, you should be the one greeting people diba..

Pinaka cool sa akin si Minnie, yun babae doon, she is sometimes in listening room or listen up in glorietta. Cool and friendly siya kausap, Dapat medyo ganun ang sales people. Cool din yun matangkad salesguy sa listen up glorietta..Ok kung dalawa kayo na promote, treat ninyo ako ha... ;D

Tama si Moks, dapat nga ganyan ang pagtreat sa customers. Para good service ;)
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 09:00 PM »
Yep, also had a not so good experience here. I went there off-peak and konti lang customer. Yung kumausap sakin, ni hindi sya sure kung anong subs yung binebenta nila at hindi rin alam yung prices(malamang bago), bawat tanong ko pinapasa nya sa ibang tao then nung kausap ko na yung nasa table(cguro mas senior) parang wala ring gana magbenta. Oh well, kelangan ko lng siguro magmukhang mayaman hehe

Para sakin, avg parin yung customer service nila. hindi naman bad. Compared lang kasi kina Sir Jeff at Sir Victor talo talaga. Siguro factor din yung sobrang dami ng customers ng listening mega. sobrang stressful narin. And hindi ko rin sure kung nandun yung mismong may-ari. Iba kasi yung kausap mo owner mismo tapos sobrang passionate sa business nila.

Offline jsllobrera

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 09:46 PM »
ako, ang di ko lang gusto doon ay yung cashier na babae at pero yung bald guy ok naman sya kc sya nag asikaso sa akin doon ng bumili ako ng mga wharfedale D9 at siguro dahil na rin sa chinoy din ako.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #55 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 10:03 PM »
Hello, Sorry but I dont agree with this hehe... But of course not all of us prefer/choose the same things..

kanya kanya talagang preference yan.  like i said yun sakin yan ang gusto ko.  si minnie rin nag assist sakin.

Offline aksdman23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 07:59 AM »
Like most people here, I value Customer Service more than price.  The Customer should ALWAYS be right, ika nga.  I never compromise that with anything - even price.  Kung bastos ang salesperson/owner, he will never get any of my business.

With that said, I have NEVER, in all my dealings with the LIS Group of Companies, felt that I was snubbed or maltreated or received poor customer service from them.  Never.  Even the friends and relatives that I sent their way got good service.

Just my .02 guys!

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 08:33 AM »
Like most people here, I value Customer Service more than price.  The Customer should ALWAYS be right, ika nga.  I never compromise that with anything - even price.  Kung bastos ang salesperson/owner, he will never get any of my business.

Well said. As I said earlier, customers attitudes towards spending are not only influenced by the price, but also by the level of service they receive. Price is not the only factor taken into account when making purchasing decisions.

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 08:53 AM »
When I bought my first HT speakers (Yamaha NS-55) from them (2000 or 2001), i'm quite happy with the way I was serviced. It was a casual conversation between me and their staff. JR was there, he was the one who actually played the DTS Demo (#4 pa ata yun!). He was guiding and giving instructions to his staff while my speakers were being setup. They were neither snubbed nor ecstatic, we're casual. But I can say that they're accommodating. I was able to checkout their HT Room and listen (audition) to Atlantic Technology speakers.

Throughout the years, when I was introduced to Sights & Sounds (Park Square), The Home Theater, Hyperaudio (Rene Rivo), dealings were different. Yes, we can say that these guys are friendlier than those in Listening Room.

But for me the reason why I stopped buying anything from them (I remember I also bought a car stereo from them) is not because they're less friendly (I still do visit their shop, the girl in the counter still remember me) but because of the take-home-now-pay-later scheme of the other shop I mentioned above.  ;D

Kung nasusupladuhan kayo sa LR Mega, try LIS-Shang  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers!!!
Compaq

By the way, are we in the right board/section?
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007 at 09:11 AM by Compaq »

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #59 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 08:57 AM »
i also purchased a couple of av equiptments here before theater works in trinoma opened.

i noticed that they're a bit under staffed when it comes to sales personnel or their selling area, there are  other  personnel who seem to be busy doing something else and does not assist customers looking around and would not mind you at all.

meron din ditong female sales rep who's seem to be accommodating, kaso parang sya lang nag aasikaso sa lahat ng buying customers kaya ang nakaka inis, eh yung 2 o tatlo kayo minsan na inaasist at kausap nya di ka tuloy maka pag tanung ng maayos. though accomodating sya dapat one customer at a time lang ;)

there is also this one time na ang nag assist sakin eh di mukang sales staff...parang driver ata sya maliit na lalaki na may key chain na nakasabit sa pants ;D very helpful kaso pag mag de-demo na mag aantay ka pa ulit ng sales staff.

the lady at the counter is the consistent one ;D "o pirma ka dito", "one year warranty, itago mo lang resibo dahil eto ipapakita mo" etc... ;D

over all...lumipat nalang ako sa theater works ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 at 09:21 AM by juric »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!