Author Topic: LISTENING IN STYLE GROUP : SALE AND EVENTS  (Read 46912 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Listening room - megamall - less than friendly ?
« Reply #90 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM »
In my experience, I tried buying an I-Nix IPOD Docking Station from Listen Up Glorietta.  The guy who was there told me that the said item is out of stock but if I can wait for an hour, he'll have the item.  So I was with my family and ate lunch.  Upon going back after an hour and a half eh wala pa daw at magantay nalang ako.  I went back after an hour and wala pa rin. 

I ended up buying the item from another shop.  :-\

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #91 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 07:51 PM »
Here's my experience....

Went to LS Shangri-la sometime in December of last year as I wanted to get a universal mounting bracket for my newly purchased projector. I had previously called two other stores, LS Megamall and Theaterworks Trinoma and both have priced the mount at P2.5k. But because I stay in the Mandaluyong area, the best choices for me were Megamall or Shangri-la. And since we all know that parking in Megamall is always a nightmare, especially in the Xmas season, I opted to go to LS Shangri-la. With the thought that the Shang branch being a Listening Group member also, I didn't bother to call anymore to inquire about the price. I was surprised when upon inquiring at the Shang branch, I was informed that the price was 5K. The same item for double the price? It didn't make any sense to me. I told them that I'm a Pinoy DVD member and that Trinoma and Megamall were giving it to me for 2.5K. Then without saying a word to me, they began to install the bracket. I thought they did this because they agreed to the price that was quoted to me by the 2 other branches. But when they finished installing, they still insisted on the price of 5K. They really didn't want to bring the price down so I had it un-installed. I then decided to call Minnie of LS Megamall and relayed what happened to her. She was quick to assist me and told me that she will have somebody bring the bracket to where my car was parked in Shangri-la so I wouldn't have to move anymore. The transaction was done from where I was and I didn't even have to go to Megamall anymore.

Just sharing my experience with the Shang branch. Now whenever I need anything, I just deal with either Belen of Theaterworks and Minnie of Megamall.

Medyo suplado talaga ang dating ni Oliver (Listening Room), I NEVER ask any question sa kanya, isang tanong isang sagot lang kasi siya, medyo kulang sa karinyo sa mga consumer, so when I drop by their shop I only chat with Minnie, she entertains well, and answers all questions with a smile and a suggestion of which is a better deal...

Just an opinion though...

ABC

Offline busabos

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 08:18 PM »
I don't know if Im just being lucky but my interactions with Oliver were always pleasant.  I had a conversation with him at his store in Mega and Glorietta and I didnt have any umpleasant or unbecoming experience.  Maybe Im just lucky.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #93 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 09:41 PM »
I thought I am the only person who experienced this...anyway let me tell you what are my experiences with them. The first ever av store I visited is their store in Glorietta (I think it's Listening Room). I don't have any idea what to buy then because I am a noob and just followed the suggestions I received here in Pdvd on where and what to buy and Listening Room or Listening in Style is one of the stores that many suggested. So what I did is visit their store in Glorietta and check some of their stuff.  I asked the saleslady  about some of their speakers and receivers but the saleslady don't have any idea what she is selling so I approached the man in the counter and asked how much the price of those items are kaso parang sobrang suplado kasi isang tanong isang sagot lang. So I became hesitant to ask more questions and what I did is go out of their store and end up buying all of my av gears in SGT where I experienced good customer service.

Some time naman last December I visited their store in Mega because I am looking for an av rack for my lcd tv na pasok sa budget ko. I saw this one rack (Sabretech) which is nice looking at mura pa. I think ako yung unang customer nila nung araw na yun tapos ayun na naman isang tanong at isang sagot tapos ang suplado ng dating nung lalaki dun sa counter siguro nga sya yung may-ari. Anyway I leave their store empty handed kasi nga I don't like the attitude of the people in that store. I went to Shang (kanila din yata yung isang store dun) and visited all the av stores there and one of them is Listening in Style or Room. I haven't experienced the same thing at their store in Shang kasi medyo okay naman yung salesman at maasikaso pero hindi pa rin ako bumili kasi masyadong mahal para sa budget ko. :) Anyway, I end up buying the Sabretech in Mega Listening Room kasi yun na lang yung av rack na talagang pasok sa budget ko at ganda rin naman. Kaso ang tagal ko naghintay dun at walang nag-aatend sa'kin para sabihin kung ano na nangyari sa binili ko and then I saw this man in the counter patiently talking to this person who is interested in buying an LCD and ht equipment. Nagkaroon tuloy ako ng impression na baka namimili ng customer yung tao sa store na yun.

I don't have anything against their stores sana lang they practice good customer relation para hindi sila mawalan ng mga potential buyers.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2008 at 07:49 AM by dyerds »

Offline dinz23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 11:37 PM »
Pinaka cool sa akin si Minnie, yun babae doon, she is sometimes in listening room or listen up in glorietta. Cool and friendly siya kausap, Dapat medyo ganun ang sales people. Cool din yun matangkad salesguy sa listen up glorietta..Ok kung dalawa kayo na promote, treat ninyo ako ha... ;D

I was there at Listening this afternoon and I told ate Minnie about your comment.. She says she wants to know who you are so that she can thank you personally for the positive feedback... Bait nga talaga yun si ate Minnie... :)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 05:14 PM »
I was there at Listening this afternoon and I told ate Minnie about your comment.. She says she wants to know who you are so that she can thank you personally for the positive feedback... Bait nga talaga yun si ate Minnie... :)

its true mabait si ate minnie but sa pricing si oliver pa rin ang may last say.kahit suplado si oliver pwede mo pa rin matawaran.

Offline stoksman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2008 at 05:22 AM »
whew! akala ko ako lang ang naka experience ng ganito, marami din palang iba. i am still hunting for my
hdtv and i am on my two weeks now. i felt so humiliated when i visited all the av shops at shangrila. ni isa,
wala man lang pumansin sa akin. meron isang shop duon sa basement, yung isang rep lumapit sa akin pero
bigla na lang akong tinalikuran nang me dumating na ibang customer na mas maganda siguro ang suot at mas mukhang mayaman. natatawa na lang ako sa sarili ko, sabi ko sa sarili, he,he,he mukha ka palang walang pera. cash buyer ako at me 100k na budget bwahahaha... wala rin, hanggang ngayon di pa rin ako nakakabili,
at mas lalong nalito na ako nang makita ko ang panasonic plasma na pv80h, walang binatbat lahat ng tinignan kong lcds.

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2008 at 06:14 PM »
Same experience sa mga AV shops sa Shang. Parang nanliliit ako whenever I enter those AV shops. Kaya sa Theaterworks Trinoma ako palagi bumibili.

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2008 at 08:17 PM »
I find AV Driver very accomodating, esp the "happy" guy. i think his name is Richard.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM »
yeah, I personally feel that TheaterWorks has the best customer service so far

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2008 at 08:55 AM »
whew! akala ko ako lang ang naka experience ng ganito, marami din palang iba. i am still hunting for my
hdtv and i am on my two weeks now. i felt so humiliated when i visited all the av shops at shangrila. ni isa,
wala man lang pumansin sa akin. meron isang shop duon sa basement, yung isang rep lumapit sa akin pero
bigla na lang akong tinalikuran nang me dumating na ibang customer na mas maganda siguro ang suot at mas mukhang mayaman. natatawa na lang ako sa sarili ko, sabi ko sa sarili, he,he,he mukha ka palang walang pera. cash buyer ako at me 100k na budget bwahahaha... wala rin, hanggang ngayon di pa rin ako nakakabili,
at mas lalong nalito na ako nang makita ko ang panasonic plasma na pv80h, walang binatbat lahat ng tinignan kong lcds.

for me relative naman kung paano ang approach ng bawat av store, i bought my set sa listening in style sa shang, for me ok naman ang pag accomodate sa akin, have bought stuff narin kina sir vic sa sight and sounds and i'll say the staff was also ok. but one thing na napansin ko, if pumasok ka and you don't ask for assistance, they let you be, for me mas gusto ko ng ganun, i observe first kasi, imagine sa sm department stor diba, just looking kalang, and these sales ladies keeps pestering you. even sa theaterworks, when i went there, wala akong balak bumili, so i just looked around and went out after, wala din naman nag approach sa akin, but ok lang sa akin yun. ang bad trip siguro, is when you already asked for assistance an d hindi ka nila inasikaso or worse iniwan ka for another customer. never happened to me before though.

pero as you said, with a 100k to burn, its their loss not yours. btw, pag may makita kapang pv70, go for it, ang dagdag lang sa pv80 its just a sd card slot i think.

Offline stoksman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2008 at 10:56 AM »
@iiinaslao

actually,I have already decided to buy the Samsung LA40A550 LCD HDTV. I stared and I stared at
it at Western Trinoma comparing to the other Samsung lcds beside it. So, you are the one! But first still need to check the prices over at Shangrila. Wala akong napala sa Shangrila. I went na lang to SM Megamall and
check their lcds on display. Leisure mode lang, kasi nga sabi dito sa PinoyDVD mataas ang prices sa mga SM
stores. There I was floating like a butterfly, palipat lipat sa mga different brands ng lcds. I completely bypassed the Pioneer Kuros, knowing na its way beyond my league. And then there it was, I found myself
gazing at the Panasonics, I checked their tags. Uhhh, these are plasmas??? I was there completely transfixed, staring now intently at these two plasmas side by side, 42pv70h at saka 42pv80h. Tapos meron nang lumapit na sales rep sa akin, siguro napansin na matagal na akong nakatitig sa dalawang panas.
Sabi nya sa akin, yung video source, di pa HD yan. Gusto mong makita yung HD na video? Kaya ko lang kasi
ginanyan ang video source ay para makahabol yung ibang lower end na display ko. Pinalitan nga nya ng HD
material. Huuwowww, ang ganda ganda nya, I almost creamed in my pants!! Kahapon ko lang dinesplay
yan, he was referring to the 42pv80h. P80k cash. Pasok pa sa budget. Dilemma, dilemma. Went home,
google google, found out that 42pv70h are best selling budget plasmas. 42pv80h are newer versions.
ngayon, found out na me 32" din pala na plasmas???? At ang best seller ay LG, and these I have to see.
Pero kung mag 32 ka parang bitin, konti lang yung diperensya sa 29in na crt tv ko. Dapat 37 in pataas,
pero pansin ko ayaw dito sa atin magbenta ng 37in mga stores. And so my quest is still on.

Ano nga pala, @iiinaslao, thank you for your post, ganda home theatre mo ah, dami ko pang kakainin.
Pero from your post(ht setup), I finally decided on my dvd upscaler Pio DV600.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2008 at 04:41 PM »
@iiinaslao

actually,I have already decided to buy the Samsung LA40A550 LCD HDTV. I stared and I stared at
it at Western Trinoma comparing to the other Samsung lcds beside it. So, you are the one! But first still need to check the prices over at Shangrila. Wala akong napala sa Shangrila. I went na lang to SM Megamall and
check their lcds on display. Leisure mode lang, kasi nga sabi dito sa PinoyDVD mataas ang prices sa mga SM
stores. There I was floating like a butterfly, palipat lipat sa mga different brands ng lcds. I completely bypassed the Pioneer Kuros, knowing na its way beyond my league. And then there it was, I found myself
gazing at the Panasonics, I checked their tags. Uhhh, these are plasmas??? I was there completely transfixed, staring now intently at these two plasmas side by side, 42pv70h at saka 42pv80h. Tapos meron nang lumapit na sales rep sa akin, siguro napansin na matagal na akong nakatitig sa dalawang panas.
Sabi nya sa akin, yung video source, di pa HD yan. Gusto mong makita yung HD na video? Kaya ko lang kasi
ginanyan ang video source ay para makahabol yung ibang lower end na display ko. Pinalitan nga nya ng HD
material. Huuwowww, ang ganda ganda nya, I almost creamed in my pants!! Kahapon ko lang dinesplay
yan, he was referring to the 42pv80h. P80k cash. Pasok pa sa budget. Dilemma, dilemma. Went home,
google google, found out that 42pv70h are best selling budget plasmas. 42pv80h are newer versions.
ngayon, found out na me 32" din pala na plasmas???? At ang best seller ay LG, and these I have to see.
Pero kung mag 32 ka parang bitin, konti lang yung diperensya sa 29in na crt tv ko. Dapat 37 in pataas,
pero pansin ko ayaw dito sa atin magbenta ng 37in mga stores. And so my quest is still on.

Ano nga pala, @iiinaslao, thank you for your post, ganda home theatre mo ah, dami ko pang kakainin.
Pero from your post(ht setup), I finally decided on my dvd upscaler Pio DV600.

sir stoksman, i sent you pm.  :)

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
Re: LISTENING IN STYLE GROUP : SALE AND EVENTS
« Reply #103 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 05:38 PM »
sir,

pls pm pric of Jamo s606 hcs3 and c605, all dark apple.  and pioneer pd-d6 and d9.

tnx.

Offline cqbaddict

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 09:05 PM »
Good day! Please PM the price of Yamaha NS-555 and Yamaha NS-777

thanks in advance!

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #105 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM »
Hi guys,

would you happen to know the contact number for Listen Up in Glorietta 3? I couldn't find it posted anywhere..

Thanks!

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Aug 11, 2010 at 05:02 PM »
Hi guys,

would you happen to know the contact number for Listen Up in Glorietta 3? I couldn't find it posted anywhere..

Thanks!

Listen up - tel number is 8185904

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #107 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 05:38 PM »
i just saw this thread now, didnt know listening group have one.

I have known Oliver Pe for about 10 years now and I can say all my experiences with him are very pleasant, Since I work near megamall and before near glorietta, naging tambayan ko na yungListening Room and Listen Up and most of the time kakwentuhan ko si Olive. I even getto ride with him some times from the store and hatid sa sakayan pauwi sa bulacan.

whats important is the huge discount i normally get. I recalled a fellow pdvd member was huunting for an Onkyo 1007, the lowest quoted was 78K, when I called Olive, he is willing to give it to me at 72K. The old receiver i got before was being sold at 32K in several shops but I got it at 25K from him. Im sure though that it depends on the items and not all the time i will get a huge discount.

As for Minnie, well she is really very nice eversince. and so is Toby, the tall guy from Listen Up that was transferred to Listening Room.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline khestoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Aug 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM »
Pa PM naman po ng avr/speaker package for a 5.1 setup.
Budget is around 45k.
Thanks!