Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 556498 times)

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #120 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:27 AM »
@ayosbathere... i can now prove that heat under coach spo willl get a ring even without lebron... maybe not this year... but they will get a ring somehow without lebron... :):)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #121 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:34 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-lebron-become-free-134247768--nba.html

Decision part II? :) I guess miami heat tv ratings will plummet soon...or is it a TD or KG type of move to restructure his current contract for Miami to afford a Melo and make it a big 4?

Lets see...
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #122 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 04:09 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-lebron-become-free-134247768--nba.html

Decision part II? :) I guess miami heat tv ratings will plummet soon...or is it a TD or KG type of move to restructure his current contract for Miami to afford a Melo and make it a big 4?

Lets see...

I think this is the latter. Miami is the logical choice. They have won it twice and was in the finals four times. At this stage in his career I don't think he will risk it. He already knows what he has achieved and is now fighting for the title GOAT.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #124 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 04:15 AM »
I think this is the latter. Miami is the logical choice. They have won it twice and was in the finals four times. At this stage in his career I don't think he will risk it. He already knows what he has achieved and is now fighting for the title GOAT.

If the so called big three are smart enough, then I agree that its the latter.  Point to ponder though, Wade gave away his team leadership to Lebron when they teamed up and Bosh took a nose dive in touches and plays called for him, that's something that I think Melo will be unprepared to do if he comes in.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 05:25 AM »
If the so called big three are smart enough, then I agree that its the latter.  Point to ponder though, Wade gave away his team leadership to Lebron when they teamed up and Bosh took a nose dive in touches and plays called for him, that's something that I think Melo will be unprepared to do if he comes in.

I don't think melo will be in a Heat uniform. Even if the Big 3 take substantial cuts in their salaries to add Melo it still does not address their needs. And all of them will getting new set of contracts for at least a minimum of 3 years. It will not be an experiment they can undo if they fail. Their bench is ugly, They don't have a rebounding big man, and PG is Chalmers.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #126 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 07:54 AM »
@ayosbathere... i can now prove that heat under coach spo willl get a ring even without lebron... maybe not this year... but they will get a ring somehow without lebron... :):)

Bandhaters.. noted .. ang tanong eh nasa MIA pa rin kaya si Spo in the next 4yrs? magiging bandhaters ka lifetime bwahahahaha

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 07:59 AM »
I don't think melo will be in a Heat uniform. Even if the Big 3 take substantial cuts in their salaries to add Melo it still does not address their needs. And all of them will getting new set of contracts for at least a minimum of 3 years. It will not be an experiment they can undo if they fail. Their bench is ugly, They don't have a rebounding big man, and PG is Chalmers.
agree...even if the big 3 all opt out then still stay in miami and take a pay cut(prolly 15mil range each), adding melo would not help them...they need an upgraded bench and a legit center :)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:00 AM by tifosi_pao »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #128 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:25 AM »
Tough decisions ahead for Pat Riley. But I'm also guessing James will stay with Miami, maybe with a different Big 3 instead of a Big 4 (unless James and his buddies agree to take less money). Maybe it's time to let go of Wade, and for Miami to look for an all-star PG or rebounder/defensive big man.

If James surprisingly decides to change teams again and endure more bashing for The Decision Part 2, it should be to another team in the East where it will be easier to reach the Finals... unless that team in the West is one of last year's contenders (ex., the Clippers, which reportedly intrigues him; CP3 is also his close friend).

This thread is going to be a hot one beginning Friday and July 1. :)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:28 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:42 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11129947/ray-allen-leaning-playing-19th-nba-season

"Allen has a desire to continue playing alongside LeBron James, whom he developed a close relationship with during their two seasons together in Miami, whether it is with the Heat or another team".

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #130 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:03 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11129947/ray-allen-leaning-playing-19th-nba-season

"Allen has a desire to continue playing alongside LeBron James, whom he developed a close relationship with during their two seasons together in Miami, whether it is with the Heat or another team".
lol Allen the King's bitch. Chasing for rings wherever his king goes

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #131 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:05 AM »
lol Allen the King's bitch. Chasing for rings wherever his king goes

Exactly my sentiments!  So another LOL!  What happened to Ray?  Nawala yun class....naging groupie na!   ;D  Applying for Lebron's posse?

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM »

That's the spirit :)

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM »
Tough decisions ahead for Pat Riley. But I'm also guessing James will stay with Miami, maybe with a different Big 3 instead of a Big 4 (unless James and his buddies agree to take less money). Maybe it's time to let go of Wade, and for Miami to look for an all-star PG or rebounder/defensive big man.

They're not gonna be able to get rid of Wade. He's owed a guaranteed $40M in the next 2 years. I think that he's only gonna opt out if Miami guarantees him an extension.

Wade's nearly done, so he's not gonna get offers close to $20M a year in the open market.

My guess is that Bosh/Wade of them will opt out so the big 3 can restructure their salary to free up  just enough space to sign someone like Lowry or Gortat. Haslem will have to cooperate too.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM »
Yeah....Wade is indeed owed specifically $42M in 2yrs. He will only opt out probably with a 3 year $15M extension with a player option for a 4th year at the very least.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #135 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM »
i believe they all have plans, abc, optons xyz. Draft n trade scenarios. Most keep cards close to their chest,

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2384
« Reply #136 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM »
unahan ko na boss: :)

This stuff is hard," Riley said. "And you got to stay together, if you got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it if you have an opportunity. "

still pat riley "we came back in '85 and we got 'em, we got 'em good. In 1988, when we got Detroit and Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar] hit that phantom sky hook foul, he had to make the two free throws. He didn't choke. He did not choke on the free throws. He had to make them. He made them. And that led us to a seventh game and a win. But the next year, Detroit came back and swept us. What happened last year with San Antonio? Did they run? They faced it."

the greatest....ring shopping? o' cmmmmnnnnn! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yup exclamation piont on what Riley said. Totally agree, ring shopping lang si Lebron, pero let's give him chance. Let's see his "Decision Part 2" hahaha..Imo, the best teams and players are in the 60's, 70's, 80's to 90's, it's their dedication to stick with a team and become champion. (Ex. Check out Hakeem Olajuwon's dvd video) Hakeem waited almost 10 years for his first championship ring. Their heart to compete against the greatest. They don't join up. The recent San Antonio team is a perfect example of a great team. Kaya maybe they keep getting foreign players, iba mentality.

So if Lebron switches team again. Meron new trivia question. Who is the greatest ever to play the game (ya right in your dreams) to have played with the most nba team? I think he just wants one house in every USA city hihihihi...

Lebron is like a guy who always want to sit in front of a car. He will always say "hey I got shotgun, you guys sit in the back" hehehe...

btw, I can say Durant is the greatest player right now. Kaya yun "greatest player in the planet" is always subject to personal opinion or hate of a player hihihi...
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:05 PM by Moks007 »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM »
ah basta k spo pa rin c dpogs, rite?

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM »
floats like a butterfly from team to team, the greatest?

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #139 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM »
ah basta k spo pa rin c dpogs, rite?

hell yeah! :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM »
My gut tells me James will stay with the HEAT & this is just a strategy to put pressure on MIA to improve it's roster....BUT, we're talking about "King James" here so who knows  ;) :o >:D

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM by deist »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #141 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 02:32 PM »
Lebron to sign with Utah Jazz?

confeermed?
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #142 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:30 PM »
At this stage of his career, I don't think wade is willing to give discount, I hope I'm wrong..

James, go back to cleveland where your heart is, Play with that kid name Kyrie..
The Pats way...

Offline chuboy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:45 PM »
possible na nagpapataas lang ng presyo si lebron.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #144 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:49 PM »
this guy could be the biggest catch(literally)  ...Meet Sim Bhullar 7'5" behemoth with  soft touch shooting :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8b__TorQpY
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:50 PM by edboy7 »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #145 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 06:26 PM »
OT: Gilas to play NBA All-Stars in Manila charity games set for July 22-23. Blake Griffin, Damian Lillard, DeMar DeRozan and Paul Pierce are coming to the Philippines :)

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,146312.780.html
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #146 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 06:36 PM »
;D;D;D:D:D
OT: Gilas to play NBA All-Stars in Manila charity games set for July 22-23. Blake Griffin, Damian Lillard, DeMar DeRozan and Paul Pierce are coming to the Philippines :)

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,146312.780.html
my boi Damian!!! Already reached out to a friend who is PLDT VP for tickets. Hope to get one.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #147 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:24 PM »
If LBJ goes elsewhere perhaps MIA can sign Melo to complete their BIG 3 with Wade and Bosh.
Does the Lakers have any chance signing LBJ to pair him with Bryant and Nash?
Though I hope LBJ will return to Cleveland and give his home a Ring it will be nice to see him play in the Western Conference with the Lakers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:34 PM »
If LBJ goes elsewhere perhaps MIA can sign Melo to complete their BIG 3 with Wade and Bosh.
Though I hope LBJ will return to Cleveland and give his home a Ring it will be nice to see him play in the Western Conference with the Lakers.

I read that after some maneuvering, Lakers can free up as much as $33 million in cap space.  So 1 max FA is possible.  But they are actually targeting Lebron and Anthony for $16.5 million each.  I don't know if that is enough to get both. 

Now this is where the Lakers giving Kobe an extension of $48 million for 2 years are biting them in the butt.  If only the extension was for $16 million annually which is already generous enough given Kobe's age and injuries last season....Lakers actually have a strong chance getting both Anthony and Lebron to play for the Lakers at $20.5 million each.  I think $20 million can get it done.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #149 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:40 PM »
Lakers have a chance because they have cap space. But it's a really small chance, especially if LBJ's goal is to win championships, which is easier to do via the East. The only way LBJ goes to LAL is if he's always wanted to play for the Lakers, and he thinks being in Hollywood gives him an even bigger platform for his business and post-nba career.