Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557139 times)

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #420 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 11:25 AM »
Gordon Hayward is indeed not a max player.  Even Kyrie Irving as well imo.  But the Cavs only chance of snaring Hayward is a max offer considering he is a RFA.

They still have waiters and wiggings at the wings. Mas mura pa at mas may potential

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #421 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 11:35 AM »
They still have waiters and wiggings at the wings. Mas mura pa at mas may potential

Wiggins may not be ready yet.  Waiters is streaky.  If his offense is not clicking, he contributes little else.  Hayward is versatile enough that even if he is struggling offensively, he still contributes in other facets of the game... playmaking, rebounding, a little defense, etc. And may mandate yata ang Cavs ownership na playoffs or bust this year.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 11:42 AM »
reportedly descending daw contract ni Lowry e. 14m first year and until 9m sa 4th year. if totoo, definitely too high for Riley na yung 14m

Kaya pa rin yan.  Konting accounting creativity lang.  Ang important is the average salary. Lets say Bosh, Wade & Lowry each take $12M and Lebron $20m.  That's $56M total.  $63M yata yun cap.  Then add na lang MLE, bi-annual Exception and vets minimum.

Then restructure na lang descending si Lowry while ascending yun big 3...or something like that.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #423 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 01:20 PM »
Houston would be my best bet for his  1st championship ring

Offline mjdec1111

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 01:29 PM »
lowry just re-signed with the raptors earlier

Houston would be my best bet for his  1st championship ring

i

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #425 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 07:36 PM »
I think Melo should end up and play for the Lakers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 10:16 PM »
re: ben gordon sigining

BG's contract was probably signed to help the Magic facilitate trades later in the year. The Magic is in at an odd position wherein their highest paid player is Oladipo at 5M a year. Ben Gordon's contract makes them more flexible, trading-wise. (ex. Ben Gordon(4.5M) + Kyle O'Quinn (915K) traded for Brandan Wright(5M) )

Another thing BG's signing addresses is Orlando's lack of outside shooting, while also assuring them that they won't win more games than necessary. Another guy they picked up: Willie Green.

Their probably gonna fill out the rest their rosters with salary dumps from teams wanting to free cap space. Same as the Sixers.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2014 at 10:46 PM by rusty »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #427 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 10:30 PM »
I think Melo should end up and play for the Lakers.

my bet is that he will...and the Spaniard too.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 10:44 PM »
Pacers reportedly interested in Dragic.  S/T for Lance?

Don't do it, Phoenix.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #429 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 10:46 PM »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #430 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 12:18 AM »
re: ben gordon sigining

BG's contract was probably signed to help the Magic facilitate trades later in the year. The Magic is in at an odd position wherein their highest paid player is Oladipo at 5M a year. Ben Gordon's contract makes them more flexible, trading-wise. (ex. Ben Gordon(4.5M) + Kyle O'Quinn (915K) traded for Brandan Wright(5M) )

Another thing BG's signing addresses is Orlando's lack of outside shooting, while also assuring them that they won't win more games than necessary. Another guy they picked up: Willie Green.

Their probably gonna fill out the rest their rosters with salary dumps from teams wanting to free cap space. Same as the Sixers.

I really don't know much about how it works but It just looks bad in paper. There's a lot of players they can get on the cheap that wont be a locker room headache and will not dump them.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 01:12 AM »
I really don't know much about how it works but It just looks bad in paper. There's a lot of players they can get on the cheap that wont be a locker room headache and will not dump them.
BG's contract isn't desirable to the Magic because it's "cheap", but rather because it's short term and sizable enough to package in a trade.

The current Magic payroll (w/out BG) is less than $30M. The NBA salary floor (minimum payroll for an NBA team) will be about $56.9 M this year. If the Magic payroll is less than the NBA salary floor, they will still get charged by the NBA with the difference.

For a rebuilding team like the Magic, a contract doesn't look bad on paper unless it affects long-term cap flexibility.

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 at 01:16 AM by rusty »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 01:25 AM »
Darren Collison, Kings agree to three-year, $15M deal

bye bye Isaiah?

Quote from: Woj
Teams and agents agree: Outside of role players now, the market is frozen until Miami's free agents and Carmelo Anthony make decisions.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 at 01:29 AM by rusty »

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #433 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 01:33 AM »
Just read this somewhere...

Bosh reportedly opted-out to join Kevin Love in Sacramento along with significant role players like Ramon Sessions and Derrick Favors to form the Big 5.

Bosh
Favors
Gay
Love
Sessions

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 02:39 AM »
BG's contract isn't desirable to the Magic because it's "cheap", but rather because it's short term and sizable enough to package in a trade.

The current Magic payroll (w/out BG) is less than $30M. The NBA salary floor (minimum payroll for an NBA team) will be about $56.9 M this year. If the Magic payroll is less than the NBA salary floor, they will still get charged by the NBA with the difference.

For a rebuilding team like the Magic, a contract doesn't look bad on paper unless it affects long-term cap flexibility.

Now i get it... meron din pala minimum yan... We only get to hear about those who exceed the threshold. Thanks for the info. Yeah it might be that way nga lang... since the 2nd year is a team option pala.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #435 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 03:54 AM »
Bosh
Favors
Gay
Love
Sessions

haha clever.

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 04:24 AM »

Bosh reportedly opted-out to join Kevin Love in Sacramento along with significant role players like Ramon Sessions and Derrick Favors to form the Big 5.

Bosh
Favors
Gay
Love
Sessions

Hahahaha... Bosh favors Gay Love Sessions....

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #438 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 07:12 AM »

Bosh
Favors
Gay
Love
Sessions

Cousins should be their center so Bosh should be the 6th man which is unlikely.
I expect him to stay with Miami.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #439 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 07:15 AM »

;D:P

I hope youre not serious. Hahaha

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 07:41 AM »

It was meant as a joke.   :D

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 08:20 AM »

;D:P

I hope youre not serious. Hahaha

LOL !!!!!!!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:02 AM »
Lakers reportedly offered max money to Melo. Not a good move.

I'd rather have a couple of mid-tier talent signings than splurging on 1 max player and having just Nash, Kobe and Melo eating most of the cap. A team with Kobe, Melo and Randle will not win a lot of games. But if they went after the likes of Monroe, Stephenson, Isaiah Thomas, etc + Kobe/Randle/Nash and pieces, that team can be decent. at least compared to the possible team that can be made by signing Melo

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:07 AM »
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234059/CBA-Explicit-In-Not-Allowing-Prearranged-Restructured-Contracts

CBA Explicit In Not Allowing Prearranged Restructured Contracts
Jul 01, 2014 3:28 AM EDT

Before the official start of free agency on July 1, Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Miami Heat had "the framework of deals in place" with LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem to remain with the team.

"Everybody has their [contract] number and has left a little bit of room to let [Pat Riley] maneuver," one source briefed on the contract discussions reportedly told Wojnarowski.

The NBA's collective bargaining agreement, however, does not allow a team and players to have an "express or implied" deal in place in what essentially becomes a restructured contract.

The risk of loss for Wade and Haslem would be severe since the contracts they opted out of are considered vastly more lucrative than what they would command as free agents on the open market.

The following text is from Article XIII of the CBA in regards to circumvention:

Section 2. No Unauthorized Agreements.

(a) At no time shall there be any agreements or transactions of any kind (whether disclosed or undisclosed to the NBA), express or implied, oral or written, or promises, undertakings, representations, commitments, inducements, assurances of intent, or understandings of any kind (whether disclosed or undisclosed to the NBA), between a player (or any person or entity controlled by, related to, or acting with authority on behalf of, such player) and any Team (or Team Affiliate):

(i) concerning any future Renegotiation, Extension, or other amendment of an existing Player Contract, or entry into a new Player Contract;

-----

(c) A violation of Section 2(a) or 2(b) above may be proven by director circumstantial evidence, including, but not limited to, evidence that a Player Contract or any term or provision thereof cannot rationally be explained in the absence of conduct violative of Section 2(a) or 2(b).

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:08 AM »

I'd rather have a couple of mid-tier talent signings than splurging on 1 max player and having just Nash, Kobe and Melo eating most of the cap. A team with Kobe, Melo and Randle will not win a lot of games. But if they went after the likes of Monroe, Stephenson, Isaiah Thomas, etc + Kobe/Randle/Nash and pieces, that team can be decent. at least compared to the possible team that can be made by signing Melo

rumor lang yan... basura yan

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:10 AM »

The perfect model of that is the Spurs. No max salary superstars supported by effective and capable role players plus they follow a system thats orchestrated by a genius of a coach. They just proved that formula can take a team to the top.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:24 AM »
rumor lang yan... basura yan

nah. it is most likely true. Melo doesnt need to take a paycut anyway so it would be bad to offer him anything other than the max.

@YannisNBA: Lakers' chances continue to be portrayed as slim for Carmelo, but being only team willing to offer max in this process has to mean something

The perfect model of that is the Spurs. No max salary superstars supported by effective and capable role players plus they follow a system thats orchestrated by a genius of a coach. They just proved that formula can take a team to the top.

Well, Mitch is no RC Buford and we dont have a great coach like Pops so there's that. Anyway, what Im saying is that it would better to build a team now with a bunch of mid-tier talents and not use up all of the cap. Malabo naman kasi maka-championship this year so why not build a decent team first then next year, pag may natirang cap, kuha ulit ng talents.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:26 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:29 AM »
Their number one pitch would be in few years time Melo will be the face of the franchise and they have the money to put quality players around him plus the fact that they will take care of him till the day he retires....just like what they did with the Mamba.

on a sidenote even if they had a losing season the LA franchise made more than 100M last year in profit. Taxes? thats nothing for them. During the meeting with Melo they had executives from Time Warner Sports channel with them.

I agree on getting him with the price so that they can still get Gasol/Monroe and perhaps another impact player like Stephenson
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:32 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:30 AM »
^^
nah. it is most likely true. Melo doesnt need to take a paycut anyway so it would be bad to offer him anything other than the max.

@YannisNBA: Lakers' chances continue to be portrayed as slim for Carmelo, but being only team willing to offer max in this process has to mean something

well.. let see ;)

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:39 AM »
Iba nag lure ng West Coast sa mga athletes. they simply have everything there that young athletes desire....the best resto's, beaches, megabuck houses, sports car galore, outlandish lifestyle, rubbing shoulders with celebrities etc. You do all of that plus make money while playing the sport that you love. If you can have all of that while being a champion then all the better.

Now look at it from the perspective of playing in Oklahoma....... ::)  or Houston....or somwhere in the East where most of the time its freakin cold.

If Melo's decision will be influenced by his wife this dillema is over 24 hours ago hehehe
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 at 09:46 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat