Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 556862 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #510 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 10:57 AM »
anyway, a more realistic rumor:  Nike has bought all available billboards in Cleveland. It might be for the Return of the King ads IF he does sign with the Cavs. :D

Paano na kaya ang Miami pag iniwan ni Lebron? Wala na yung mayayabang na Heat fans? cavs naman ulit???

ESPNSteinLine: Been strongly advised by source close to situation to dismiss Twitter suggestions that Nike bought billboards in CLE for LeBron announcement

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #511 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 01:17 PM »
Hayward getting too much money, too early.

WojYahooNBA: Charlotte has agreed to a 4-year, $63M maximum offer sheet with Utah RFA Gordon Hayward, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #512 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 01:24 PM »
Hayward getting too much money, too early.

WojYahooNBA: Charlotte has agreed to a 4-year, $63M maximum offer sheet with Utah RFA Gordon Hayward, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

As much as I like Hayward, medyo overpaid nga.. Anyway they are in Eastcon, so medyo may chance na mag advance sa 2nd round..
The Pats way...

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #513 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 01:34 PM »
Teams naman overpay talaga specially RFAs.  No chance competitor teams steal that player if you offer what they are really worth.  Mother teams simply match the offer.  So Charlotte offered the max not because he is worth that.  But to discourage Utah from matching it.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 01:38 PM »
yep. let's see if utah stays true to its word that they're matching any offers to hayward even if it's a max offer.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #515 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 01:53 PM »

Paano na kaya ang Miami pag iniwan ni Lebron? Wala na yung mayayabang na Heat fans? cavs naman ulit???

I'd actually respect them more if they cheer for the Cavs because that was where they started anyway, as Cavs fans supporting their favorite player Lebron.  What I was unable to appreciate with the Heat big 3 was their arrogance, they built a super team and mocked all other teams whenever they won.  Who wants to see a Heavyweight beat a lightweight in a boxing match that goes 12 rounds with the Heavyweight telling the lightweight, "you hit like a girl"?
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #516 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 02:26 PM »
...... What I was unable to appreciate with the Heat big 3 was their arrogance, they built a super team and mocked all other teams whenever they won.  Who wants to see a Heavyweight beat a lightweight in a boxing match that goes 12 rounds with the Heavyweight telling the lightweight, "you hit like a girl"?

Hmm, aside from that incident with Dirk during the Big 3's first Finals ...... I cant seem to recall any other notable incident/s wherein the HEAT mocked teams they beat.

Care to share links, etc on this?

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #517 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 04:53 PM »
^ Affected much pa din sila?  ???  ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #518 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 05:01 PM »
Does the CAVS try negotiating the return of LBJ?
What others teams expressed interests in acquiring the services of the KING?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 05:38 PM »
Hmm, aside from that incident with Dirk during the Big 3's first Finals ...... I cant seem to recall any other notable incident/s wherein the HEAT mocked teams they beat.

Care to share links, etc on this?

I'm a little too lazy to look for links but recent memory would be Lebron's back breaker antics and what you mentioned during the Dallas heat finals.  Michael Jordan celebrated his wins by jumping and hugging teammates, LBJ likes rubbing it in peoples faces.  Maybe mocking was the incorrect word to use but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to describe. And I wasn't very appreciative of his Finals MVP speech, "I'm Lebron James yada yada yada" and when the Heat lost to the Mavs he says that the haters will wake up with their miserable lives or something like that. He is hands down the most dominant/complete/talented player in modern basketball, but I just wished he had a little more humility, it would make him a lot easier to like.  Maybe he is the Floyd Mayweather of Basketball?  A man so talented you'd love to see him lose because of all the bravado?  --I think so, maybe. 
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2014 at 05:41 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #520 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 07:19 PM »
Does the CAVS try negotiating the return of LBJ?
What others teams expressed interests in acquiring the services of the KING?
They talked to his agent. 16m lang cap space ng Cavs. If ever, they will look to unload some contracts to make some space for bron.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #521 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 07:39 PM »
I'm a little too lazy to look for links but recent memory would be Lebron's back breaker antics and what you mentioned during the Dallas heat finals.  Michael Jordan celebrated his wins by jumping and hugging teammates, LBJ likes rubbing it in peoples faces.  Maybe mocking was the incorrect word to use but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to describe. And I wasn't very appreciative of his Finals MVP speech, "I'm Lebron James yada yada yada" and when the Heat lost to the Mavs he says that the haters will wake up with their miserable lives or something like that. He is hands down the most dominant/complete/talented player in modern basketball, but I just wished he had a little more humility, it would make him a lot easier to like.  Maybe he is the Floyd Mayweather of Basketball?  A man so talented you'd love to see him lose because of all the bravado?  --I think so, maybe. 

i don't get it. you hated his antics but all those antics will just go away once he returns to the Cavs? like he'll just change all of a sudden and won't be, as you've said, arrogant/brash? if you've hated how he celebrates when they win or score an emphatic dunk then how about other players who do the same?

do you hate everyone in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnWolCXTZY
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2014 at 07:50 PM by leomarley »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 08:43 PM »
i don't get it. you hated his antics but all those antics will just go away once he returns to the Cavs? like he'll just change all of a sudden and won't be, as you've said, arrogant/brash? if you've hated how he celebrates when they win or score an emphatic dunk then how about other players who do the same?

do you hate everyone in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnWolCXTZY

I'm on mobile so i'll check the video some other time, for some reason it doesnt wanna open on an ipad, pc lang ata pwede.As for LBJ going back to the cavs, i'll have more respect for him because he's the only superstar and he carried the team.  I'll try my best to explain what i feel about it, lets say i join a basketball tournament and im in the right division(seniors for example).  If i celebrate or taunt the other team i feel that its ok kasi patas ang labanan but if i join a little league division (midgets or mosquitos) but im already a senior and then i celebrate and taunt a team that is not of the same level, i find it off kasi to begin with you are expected to win.

We'll there are a few other players that i just cant appreciate when they taunt, Gary Payton is someone I remember.  Kobe Bryant was brash and arrogant too, specially when he was with shaq, i also had a hard time appreciating him then pero when he got older and mellowed a bit, ok naging ok narin ako kay Kobe.

I hope i was able to explain myself a bit.  Medyo mahirap describe eh.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 11:29 PM »
The Boston Celtics will acquire Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton, a 2016 first round draft pick as a part of a three-way deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Brooklyn Nets, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. The Nets and Cavaliers have been trying to find a third team to take on Thornton's expiring contract and the Celtics were able to use part of their $10.3 million trade exception to absorb it.

Three-team trade will see Nets acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland. Boston gets Thornton, Zeller and a first
    — Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 9, 2014

The Nets will receive Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev, while the Cavaliers will receive something (probably a distant second round pick) as a means of creating cap space for LeBron James, who is expected to sign this week.

Hala!  Cleveland would not make this move unless there was an assurance at the very least that Lebron is going back to the Cavs.  Lagot ang Heat!!!!   :o :o :o

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #525 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 11:52 PM »
If Lebron goes back to Cavs, domino effect na eto. Bosh to HOU. Melo to Chi / NY or LA? hiw about Wade?

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #526 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM »
maiwan na sa heat si wade. he is my most hated player on that team.

dumi na maglaro flopper pa.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM »
maiwan na sa heat si wade. he is my most hated player on that team.

dumi na maglaro flopper pa.

+100000000

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #528 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 05:23 AM »
Hala!  Cleveland would not make this move unless there was an assurance at the very least that Lebron is going back to the Cavs.  Lagot ang Heat!!!!   :o :o :o
Huuuuuu Heat "fans" are shaking now. 90%  of them anxious to change colors now.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 06:35 AM »
Mitch is executing the planB

Paki bilisan nauubos na FA

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 06:38 AM »
Bring back Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, fat Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm na lang. Same result lang naman yun kahit pa makuha si Melo e. Yan napapala sa sobrang laki ng bigay kay Kobe. Di makabuo ng malakas na team

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #531 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 07:23 AM »
RFA Chandler Parsons and DAL agree on a 3-year US$46M offer sheet. Siguro kinukulit na ng HOU si Bosh, and in turn, ni Bosh si Lebron :)
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:09 AM »
Parsons getting paid! dayum. Expect Bledsoe max offer din. And I thought the goal of the new CBA is avoiding overpaying players? silly owners.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:13 AM »
Mitch is executing the planB

Paki bilisan nauubos na FA

And that would be?   ;D  Does Mitch even have one?

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:19 AM »
^^ parang wala na nga eh :(

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #535 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:24 AM »
Maybe Mitch is eyeing SanMig and Rain or Shine players?  >:D
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:24 AM by Pandidoy »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 08:32 AM »
Sa dami ng articles about teams making moves...actually Lakers lang yata ang walang concrete plans.   :D  Houston sa tingin ko ang may clearst vision on what to do.  Houston, Dallas, Clippers, Cleveland, Miami...lahat may moves kang nababasa.  Heck even Jordan's Hornets meron.  Signing Hayward to an offer sheet.  Even New York knows they want Fisher as coach and the trade with Dallas.

Lakers wala akong nakikitang article on Mitch's gameplan.  No free agent targets, no coaching targets, no trade targets, no offer sheet targets.   :D  Yun pitch kay Melo parang... lahat sila nag present kay Melo...present na rin tayo.  Even Kobe did not take it seriously enough to attend the meeting.  Mas enjoy pa manood ng World Cup. ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 09:14 AM »
Sa dami ng articles about teams making moves...actually Lakers lang yata ang walang concrete plans.   :D  Houston sa tingin ko ang may clearst vision on what to do.  Houston, Dallas, Clippers, Cleveland, Miami...lahat may moves kang nababasa.  Heck even Jordan's Hornets meron.  Signing Hayward to an offer sheet.  Even New York knows they want Fisher as coach and the trade with Dallas.

Lakers wala akong nakikitang article on Mitch's gameplan.  No free agent targets, no coaching targets, no trade targets, no offer sheet targets.   :D  Yun pitch kay Melo parang... lahat sila nag present kay Melo...present na rin tayo.  Even Kobe did not take it seriously enough to attend the meeting.  Mas enjoy pa manood ng World Cup. ;D

Yung kay Kobe, he was on vacation with his family in Greece, not watching the World Cup at that time. He was supposed to make it to the meeting but then the Knicks suddenly asked for a meeting so the Lakers meeting with Melo was bumped to an earlier time.

Most teams gunning for the big stars of the 2003 draft class are being held hostage right now. It is hard to make hasty moves that would impact the cap space. kaya nga si Randle hindi pa sinasign and might not play in Summer league dahil sa paghihintay sa decision ni Melo. Just because walang narereport sa media about the Lakers' plan, doesn't mean walang plan. Come on. You're smart enough to know that. Mitch is not like Isaiah or Kahn stupid. Also, I like it better pag walang rumors about the next Lakers move. That means magaling magtago ng info and it might also mean na ayaw lang nila mag leak yung info kasi baka masulot ng ibang teams.

If the Lakers strike out, Im okay with that just as long as they did everything to pry top players. Pero to say na walang plan B si Mitch, that is totally BS

EDIT:

ramonashelburne: Lakers will wait on Melo as long as needed, but have several plans ready to roll if they miss.
;)
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 at 09:43 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM »
^^ bottom line.. nauubos na FA dahil dyan ka waiting mode kay Melo.

o baka naman ang planB is yong e announce ni KingJames... na lipat na sa hollywood :)

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: Jul 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM »
Naka-ticker tape na sa NBA TV yung tungkol kay Melo... back to New York daw. Formal announcement tomorrow. Sana nga... hehe.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***