Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 556971 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #720 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 02:17 PM »

Meanwhile....the Lakers & the Bulls are finalizing a sign-and-trade deal for Pau  :D

The latest I've been reading Pau signs with the Bulls outright.  Magpapa medical clearance na lang before going back to Barcelona.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #721 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 02:25 PM »
Kawawa pala Houston dito.  They do not only lose Bosh, they lost Lin and Asik.  Then they have to overpay for Parsons.  They might even be worse roster-wise compared to last year.  Then they really didn't have to release Parsons from his rookie contract paying him less than $1 million.  Now if they match... retain Parsons at $15 million compared to less than $1M.

That's the risk contending teams sometimes take during free-agency period, a high-risk, high-reward scenario.

I don't blame Morey - the ROCKETS need some more tools to join the elite and get that championship window ...... Bosh would have been a nice compliment to their current roster.

IMO that's all you can ask for, from your GM's - get the tools to make you an elite team and contend as long as possible.

For the Parsons case, they declined his last year option, to make him a RFA ..... instead of being a UFA after next season.

For a performing player like Parsons (coming out of a rookie contract), most NBA teams are always going to overpay on their next contract .... the ROCKETS just overpaid a year early, instead of the risk of losing him.

Though have to admit, 15M/year is superstar money - Parsons better improve a hell of a lot more to deserve that contract.  ;D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #722 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 03:00 PM »
na trade din ba si coach spo? Sana sa lakers

Nope.  Coach Spo's job is secure as long as Pat Riley is President.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #723 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 03:56 PM »
Nope.  Coach Spo's job is secure as long as Pat Riley is President.

Without the BIG 3, it's about time for Coach Spo to prove how good a coach he has evolved throughout the 4 yrs finals appearances and back to back Championships with the Heat.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 04:34 PM »
If the Decision 2010 was a dud, LBJ's Decision 2014 is a master act.  I will admit to being still an old school guy who values loyalty so much but given the new landscape of the NBA, the new breed of players and the new level of competition, I'd say this is the best decision from the best player in the world.

You can sense because there are none or less adverse reaction unlike before.

Nice read here : http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24616247/lessons-learned-and-gifts-harnessed-lebron-james-goes-home

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #725 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 05:07 PM »
Paano yan mattia, mukhang maglalaban tayo ngayon... cleveland vs coach spo hehehe....
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #726 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 06:59 PM »
Kawawa pala Houston dito.  They do not only lose Bosh, they lost Lin and Asik.  Then they have to overpay for Parsons.  They might even be worse roster-wise compared to last year.  Then they really didn't have to release Parsons from his rookie contract paying him less than $1 million.  Now if they match... retain Parsons at $15 million compared to less than $1M.
ang bilis ma KARMA ng HOUSTON  >:D >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #727 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 07:13 PM »
Anong ginawa nila?

Yung masama lang na naiisip ko yung ginamit nila number ni Lin sa Melo posters.hehe

Ayun,pinamigay si Lin+Pick pero mukhang wala sila madadagdag na new players who will make a difference. Sana naman ayusin ni BinHarden yung defense nya and wag panay asa sa pito ng refs.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #728 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 08:30 PM »

Karma for trading Lin and Asik?  I think it was the only way to clear space so it was necessary.  They rolled the dice and lost on bosh.  Lets see if they have a plan B.  For 2 seasons they came up with 2 brilliant FA acquisitions in harden and howard. And they were actually smart with parsons, spend now and have rights to the guy than spend later but risk losing the player.  Calculated naman so far yung moves nila.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 09:22 PM »
Karma for trading Lin and Asik?  I think it was the only way to clear space so it was necessary.  They rolled the dice and lost on bosh.  Lets see if they have a plan B.  For 2 seasons they came up with 2 brilliant FA acquisitions in harden and howard. And they were actually smart with parsons, spend now and have rights to the guy than spend later but risk losing the player.  Calculated naman so far yung moves nila.
Just correcting you lang bro, they got Harden via trade coz OKC was being stingy. Terrible move by OKC,IMO.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 09:34 PM »
The trade of Harden to Houston can't be judged on what OKC received I believe.  If you look at the big picture, it was really a choice between Harden or Ibaka.  OKC can only max 1 other player outside of KD & Westbrook.  They chose Ibaka.  I think going for the big man was more sound.  Although Harden is the bigger star.  We know the value of Ibaka after the Thunder went down to a 2-0 hole in the West finals.

But if you strictly want to grade the trade....yup talo nga yun OKC.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #731 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 09:48 PM »
Just correcting you lang bro, they got Harden via trade coz OKC was being stingy. Terrible move by OKC,IMO.

Oh yeah i forgot that it was a last minute trade! Thanks for that.  Pero not naman totally terrible, i think it was because of the harden trade that allowed them to keep serge right?
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 09:57 PM »
langya, balik cleveland ang suporta ko dahil sa pagbalik ni LBJ dun...again, I don't specifically a fan of a team, I'm a fan of the player. So kung nasan yung gusto kong player, yung team na yun ang susuportahan ko. Bandwagonner ba pag ganun? Loyal naman ako sa player ah.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 02:06 AM »
The trade of Harden to Houston can't be judged on what OKC received I believe.  If you look at the big picture, it was really a choice between Harden or Ibaka.  OKC can only max 1 other player outside of KD & Westbrook.  They chose Ibaka.  I think going for the big man was more sound.  Although Harden is the bigger star.  We know the value of Ibaka after the Thunder went down to a 2-0 hole in the West finals.

But if you strictly want to grade the trade....yup talo nga yun OKC.
No, by terrible, I mean they could have kept harden til the end of the season man lang sana instead of trading him before the start of the season. It was a headscratcher move for me.

Edit: headscratcher at that time. We know how it turned out naman na pero at that time most people I know  felt like they could have tried to make it work for that season. But now, ok naman kinalabasan. They got Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb plus it opened up an opportunity for Reggie Jackson. Sayang nga lang yung trade exception that OKC got for Martin going to the wolves kasi di nila nagamit before it expired.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 02:17 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 02:47 AM »
Btw, it is official- Melo will stay in NYC.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #735 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 05:37 AM »
No, by terrible, I mean they could have kept harden til the end of the season man lang sana instead of trading him before the start of the season. It was a headscratcher move for me.

Edit: headscratcher at that time. We know how it turned out naman na pero at that time most people I know  felt like they could have tried to make it work for that season. But now, ok naman kinalabasan. They got Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb plus it opened up an opportunity for Reggie Jackson. Sayang nga lang yung trade exception that OKC got for Martin going to the wolves kasi di nila nagamit before it expired.
OKC doesnt have an option way back then. They offered Harden less than 4.5M of max contract.
Harden was the one who turn down OKC.  It was just 4.5M less as OKC offered him 55.5M for four years.
Harden doesn't want to stay in OKC. Gusto nya na maging super star and starter instead of starting from the bench.
Love me or hate me.....

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #736 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 06:08 AM »
pau g. knicks triangle

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 06:47 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11207703/lebron-james-deal-cleveland-cavaliers-2-years-421-million

It turns out that Lebron's new deal with the CAVS is good for only 2-years ($42M) with an opt-out after the first year.

It's all for more money in the future, of course ...... but still, that free-agent option after the first year, will make for more nervous moments for Cleveland next year.

NEW YORK will have loads of cap space by 2015 ...... Phil Jackson's ideal scenario would be for the CAVS to have a difficult season, then convince Lebron to go to the KNICKS in 2015.  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:02 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11207703/lebron-james-deal-cleveland-cavaliers-2-years-421-million

It turns out that Lebron's new deal with the CAVS is good for only 2-years ($42M) with an opt-out after the first year.

It's all for more money in the future, of course ...... but still, that free-agent option after the first year, will make for more nervous moments for Cleveland next year.

NEW YORK will have loads of cap space by 2015 ...... Phil Jackson's ideal scenario would be for the CAVS to have a difficult season, then convince Lebron to go to the KNICKS in 2015.  ;D

Oo nga ano.  What is happening to the NBA?  It's beginning to be more like Wall Street than basketball.  :D  Lebron's deal for me parang contradicts his reason that he wants to go home already.  How can you win the title with their line up in the first year?  Well pressure is up for the cavs.  Lebron might just be a one year rental. 

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:05 AM »
Pau Gasol to join Bulls

Free agent big man Pau Gasol has agreed to join the Chicago Bulls, and he will do so as a free agent rather than in a sign-and-trade, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. This means the deal will start at about $6.5 million per season, per to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

-------------------

Gasol must really hate the Lakers now for turning down $10 million per.   ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:15 AM »

Baka nga nanalo pa sila ng Title if they kept Harden for that rental season after going to the finals.  I guess the mentality of the owners were... chances ot winning the title.... less than 100%.  If they kept Harden for that season, chances of him leaving.... 100%
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:52 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:18 AM »
Oo nga ano.  What is happening to the NBA?  It's beginning to be more like Wall Street than basketball.  :D  Lebron's deal for me parang contradicts his reason that he wants to go home already.  How can you win the title with their line up in the first year?  Well pressure is up for the cavs.  Lebron might just be a one year rental. 

Having a short 2-year deal (with an opt-out in 2015!), does contradict with his statement that the CAVS winning a championship will be a long process.

It's very likely that Lebron is sincere with the CAVS and is doing this to maximize his earnings in the near future ....... but still, if you're from Cleveland, it will be a nervous season.

What if's ..... what if Kyrie still doesn't play defense and cant hit a jumpshot, what if Blatt struggles during his 1st NBA season, etc.

Tiyak nag-aalay na nang itlog kay Sta. Clara itong si Phil Jackson na pumalpak ang CAVS this year.  ;D

Para sa 2015 ....... The Decision 3.0

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #742 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:21 AM »
Pau Gasol to join Bulls

Free agent big man Pau Gasol has agreed to join the Chicago Bulls, and he will do so as a free agent rather than in a sign-and-trade, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. This means the deal will start at about $6.5 million per season, per to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

-------------------

Gasol must really hate the Lakers now for turning down $10 million per.   ;D

Gasol playing together with Noah?
I dont see them compliment each other well as both are low post players and have inconsistent outside shooting.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 07:46 AM »
Gasol playing together with Noah?
I dont see them compliment each other well as both are low post players and have inconsistent outside shooting.

From the sample of games I have seen Noah, he is not exactly a post player.  Though Gasol is.  Nasa high post palagi si Noah initiating the plays.  He was called a point center pa nga.  Yun madalas sa post were Boozer and Taj Gibson.  I think Noah would initiate the play from the high post, then maraming back cuts.  Or set gasol up from the post while he cuts to the basket.  Pwedeng give and go sila ni gasol for a lob pass and a dunk.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #744 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:10 AM »

Yup so sad players now are really spoiled brats. Lebron the drama king. He needs all the attention in the world. If you want to go home, mag long term ka. Retire ka na Dian. Money for me is secondary especially on how much they make. Kaya talaga respect Ako Kay duncan, dirk and others who stay with their team no matter what. You have to trust and love the organization. Love the city and the fans.

Look at lebrons career, afaik when he left Cleveland, the cavaliers went to the championship and one of the top teams sa east. He is now leaving Miami now which he just won two championships and went to four straight finals. Go figure this one out. Actually to me Miami just needs couple of young role players like miller and battier to maybe win it all again. Diba nag comment pa si Lebron Kay Napier, pa happy happy pa siya. Ya Lebron style bulok ka pa rin sa akin.

Up to 2015 Lang kaya siya sa cleveland? Baka meron na plan and usapan with melo, new York here I come. Kaya Baka nag stay sa ny si melo?
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:24 AM by Moks007 »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:19 AM »
Having a short 2-year deal (with an opt-out in 2015!), does contradict with his statement that the CAVS winning a championship will be a long process.

It's very likely that Lebron is sincere with the CAVS and is doing this to maximize his earnings in the near future ....... but still, if you're from Cleveland, it will be a nervous season.

What if's ..... what if Kyrie still doesn't play defense and cant hit a jumpshot, what if Blatt struggles during his 1st NBA season, etc.

Tiyak nag-aalay na nang itlog kay Sta. Clara itong si Phil Jackson na pumalpak ang CAVS this year.  ;D

Para sa 2015 ....... The Decision 3.0

I'm telling you, he will be the greatest ever to play the game of basketball to have the most decisions lol..he may be a confused man hihihi. Joke Lang, Pero totoo, he may end up to be a nba player to play for the most teams not via trade, bwahahaha..

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:21 AM »
I actually admired Lebron's game when he first came to Cleveland.  Coming from a Bird admirer, there's something about players with a pass first mentality but were still lethal scorers.  Admirer ulit muna ako this year with an opt out clause in 2015 din.  :D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #747 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:29 AM »
Ouch. Di man lang S&T ginawa ni Pau. Baka ayaw din pumayag ng Bulls na bigyan ng picks yung Lakers kaya di na din nag S&T. I hope Pau succeeds with the Bulls. He was the most likeable player when he was with the Lakers. All class, very humble and professional.

As  for him coexisting with Noah, if they were able to make Bynum and Pau work, the more they can make two big men with high bb iq and great passing skills work. And I disagree na inconsistent shooter si Pau. He has a great touch from midrange and he even exhibited long range shooting during D'Antoni's time.

As for Lebron...baka nga opt out na agad next year para lang magawa nilang 5years na max deal after. Kasi 4yrs max lang naman din pwede maoffer ng Cavs. He would be really stupid if he left the Cavs AGAIN. So there is probably just .00001% chance that he would ditch them.

Dagdag mo pa to pag nangyari, aalis ka pa ba? Way better than his Miami team before if ever.

@MikeCairns5: Cavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs 

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:36 AM »
I actually admired Lebron's game when he first came to Cleveland.  Coming from a Bird admirer, there's something about players with a pass first mentality but were still lethal scorers.  Admirer ulit muna ako this year with an opt out clause in 2015 din.  :D

I was also a Bird admirer. I even bought his converse black Bird shoes during the 80's. Baduy Kasi yun Magic shoes, purple and yellow, sa 80's parang it's so hard to wear yellow colored shoes hehe...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:36 AM »
According to the press release that I read, the reason behind the 2 year deal was because of the new tv deal where potential earnings of players would increase dramatically.  But even if that's the reason....maraming butas pa rin yun ganun.

Why not just sign a 2 year deal tutal naman 2016 pa yun?  Why the need for an opt out clause after the first year?  Why not a 4 year contract to show long-term commitment with an opt out clause in 2 years.  The sole reason lang naman was the new tv deal in 2016.  Something fishy tuloy with his agenda.  Hahaha!