Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557348 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #750 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:40 AM »
Baka pag di makapag finals, lipat bahay naman ulit. Haha

Wa-is lang agent ni Lebron. Giving his boy options. pero if he does leave again, baka properties na nya sunugin ng mga taga Ohio. Haha
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:40 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #751 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:46 AM »
Baka pag di makapag finals, lipat bahay naman ulit. Haha

Wa-is lang agent ni Lebron. Giving his boy options. pero if he does leave again, baka properties na nya sunugin ng mga taga Ohio. Haha

Pero why let people go through that tremendous stress?  Baka magkaron pa ng effect mortality rate ng Cleveland residence pa nyan.  ;D Sign a 4 year deal with an opt out clause in 2 years.  Ano ba naman magagawa in one year...a franchise player in Irving who has yet to lead the Cavs to the playoffs.  A rookie in Wiggins.  A former number 1 pick in Bennett who has yet to establish he is ready for the NBA.  And most of all a new coach who has no NBA experiene.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #752 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:49 AM »
Ouch. Di man lang S&T ginawa ni Pau. Baka ayaw din pumayag ng Bulls na bigyan ng picks yung Lakers kaya di na din nag S&T. I hope Pau succeeds with the Bulls. He was the most likeable player when he was with the Lakers. All class, very humble and professional.

As  for him coexisting with Noah, if they were able to make Bynum and Pau work, the more they can make two big men with high bb iq and great passing skills work. And I disagree na inconsistent shooter si Pau. He has a great touch from midrange and he even exhibited long range shooting during D'Antoni's time.

As for Lebron...baka nga opt out na agad next year para lang magawa nilang 5years na max deal after. Kasi 4yrs max lang naman din pwede maoffer ng Cavs. He would be really stupid if he left the Cavs AGAIN. So there is probably just .00001% chance that he would ditch them.

Dagdag mo pa to pag nangyari, aalis ka pa ba? Way better than his Miami team before if ever.

@MikeCairns5: Cavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs

He may be pressuring management to get love, which is ok naman. Pero IMO there is no way cavs is better than the previous heat team Kung wala si love. With love sa cavs we won't even know if they will be better than the previous championship heat teams. Remember the previous all star teams of lakers? It's a major fail. Mas USO ngayon ang Spurs strategy to build a team.

He should have trusted and gave Riley a chance. Ok pa for me the core 3 in Miami unless talaga sama na knee ni wade.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:41 AM by Moks007 »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #753 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:53 AM »
Para tuloy .... I'm going home!  Pero pwede trial muna?   ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #754 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:57 AM »
Kilig to the bone tuloy Ako. Parang my wife sa recent movie ni coco Martin and Sarah lol...

Tingnan ninyo meron romance, I'm back Cleveland, the prodigal son, tapos meron pa suspense on what will happen in the future haha
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:00 AM by Moks007 »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:05 AM »
Biruin mo every game na lang may pressure for fans, players, coaches, GM and owner.  No time to enjoy and relax.  Dapat perfect season for the Cavs.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #756 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:05 AM »
Pero why let people go through that tremendous stress?  Baka magkaron pa ng effect mortality rate ng Cleveland residence pa nyan.  ;D Sign a 4 year deal with an opt out clause in 2 years.  Ano ba naman magagawa in one year...a franchise player in Irving who has yet to lead the Cavs to the playoffs.  A rookie in Wiggins.  A former number 1 pick in Bennett who has yet to establish he is ready for the NBA.  And most of all a new coach who has no NBA experiene.

Exactly ...... like I said, though Lebron appears to be sincere, it's still going to be a very nervous season for both CAVS fans and management.

The CAVS might struggle early, Blatt might not adjust to the NBA right away, injuries, etc ....... plus the cap space that notable markets like the KNICKS will have in 2015 ....... it might present a formula for Lebron to make 2015 - The Decision 3.0  ;D

Ano kaya magiging reaction nang mga taga-Clevaland kapag nalaman nilang may opt-out clause si Lebron next season.  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:16 AM »
Exactly ...... like I said, though Lebron appears to be sincere, it's still going to be a very nervous season for both CAVS fans and management.

The CAVS might struggle early, Blatt might not adjust to the NBA right away, injuries, etc ....... plus the cap space that notable markets like the KNICKS will have in 2015 ....... it might present a formula for Lebron to make 2015 - The Decision 3.0  ;D

Ano kaya magiging reaction nang mga taga-Clevaland kapag nalaman nilang may opt-out clause si Lebron next season.  ;D

I think Lebron's decision is sincere also.  Might be a matter of I am sincere but I want to have my options open as well.  Still sincere din naman yun intention niya to join Miami then.  I believe akala rin niya dun na siya magreretire.  That's why his famous line went... Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7' titles.  So I'm thinking sincere din naman siya before of staying with the Heat long-term.  I would have gone with a 4 year deal showing real intention to stay.  Then an opt out clause after year 2 to show... let me see if I can gain additional income from the new tv deal.

We will just have to wait and see I guess.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:22 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #758 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:25 AM »
Perhaps this is one of the reasons why he went back home...

http://grantland.com/features/god-loves-cleveland/

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #759 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:36 AM »
Exciting tong season na darating! Para sakin fans ang panalo dyan kasi kahit papaano medyo bumuka ang east.

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #760 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:38 AM »
Kapag lumipat si Lebron ulit, hindi lang properties ang maaaring sunugin  >:D

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:38 AM by Pandidoy »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:39 AM »
Perhaps this is one of the reasons why he went back home...

http://grantland.com/features/god-loves-cleveland/

Thanks for the link...
OT:
I got a good laugh upon hearing the Bird story.  Incredible!  That's why Bird is still the game's best forward ever!

Collins told me a fantastic Bird story once. In Chicago, Bird was feeling ornery because the Bulls had screwed up his complimentary tickets. He noticed Collins on the sideline, complained about the tickets and asked him what the “house record” was. Then he vowed to break it. Uh-oh. Collins started the game by defending Bird with Ben Poquette, an awkward backup forward who happened to be white. Strike two — Bird always took it personally when someone defended him with a white guy. And as Collins tells the story, Bird derisively said to him something like “Ben Poquette? Are you f’ing kidding me?” and proceeded to score the game’s first five baskets. So much for Ben Poquette.

At halftime, Bird had 33 points before promising Collins to take it easy in the second half. He finished with 41, something Collins remembered 27 years later (along with every other detail of that story)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #762 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM »
Rockets now in panic mode....offers Ariza a contract he doesn't deserve. Bracing perhaps for the departure of Parsons.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #763 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM »
Heat's next problem is reaching the playoffs.. :)
The Pats way...

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #764 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM »
Heat with Bosh and Wade is still a playoff team, still good for 1st and 2nd round of playoffs.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #765 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM »
So somebody does read my posts.   ;D  I think we have had some playful banter na rin before.  But I remember them to be intelligent as well as respectful.

Just wanted to make sure, since you hardly post about your team here. :)  They were quite instrumental in paving the way for James to go back to Cleveland and creating greater parity in the East (well, at least until Da King joins the next superteam :D). Read a Boston.com article shared on FB which pointed out that, by helping Cleveland free up cap space to accommodate James, Ainge effectively punked Pat Riley and transformed the Heat from perennial favorites in the East into just a *regular* team. Baka natulungan din pa si Larry Bird and the Pacers.

Just read too that Paul Pierce has agreed to a 2-year deal with the Wizards. Sayang, gusto ko pa naman sana sa East ang WAS. :) But good pick-up for them after losing Ariza. At least medyo wide open na nga East ngayon at hindi na as predictable as in recent seasons.

We deserve better.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #766 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM »
another year for wade is not good.. they dont have the luxury to cruise control in regular season..
The Pats way...

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #767 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM »
Heat with Bosh and Wade is still a playoff team, still good for 1st and 2nd round of playoffs.
dre di mananalo yan sa TORONTO n ATLANTA >:D >:D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM »
Just wanted to make sure, since you hardly post about your team here. :) 

Well there's really nothing to rave about  It's rebuilding time.  But I was really active when a Heat fan compared Lebron to Larry Bird and said Lebron was better and Bird was basically overrated because he had great teammates.   ;D  So of course I had to refute that.  I can't recall his handle because he has been inactive lately.  But he does stand out for me.  Heat fans on the board imo are not really mayabang.  But this one stood out.   :D  I would like to say sana mayabang or full of himself (Oops I did!  ;D).  Let's just say "very vocal".  That was like 3 pages of exchange?   ;D  He was the one who said the Heat play at "another level" when it comes to playoff time.   ;D

They were quite instrumental in paving the way for James to go back to Cleveland and creating greater parity in the East (well, at least until Da King joins the next superteam :D). Read a Boston.com article shared on FB which pointed out that, by helping Cleveland free up cap space to accommodate James, Ainge effectively punked Pat Riley and transformed the Heat from perennial favorites in the East into just a *regular* team. Baka natulungan din pa si Larry Bird and the Pacers.

Siguro secondary na lang yun natulungan yun Cavs and Pacers.  But I actually like that trade by itself.  We got Tyler Zeller a decent 5.  We haven't had a 5 since Perk was traded.  And I can't even remember the last time we had an athletic center at that.  Zeller does have some hops.  Di ko rin masabi na tulong na sa Cavs yun because with that trade, we lose the chance also of trading for Love as the Cavs get that chance.  So depends na lang which angle you are looking at. 

Just read too that Paul Pierce has agreed to a 2-year deal with the Wizards. Sayang, gusto ko pa naman sana sa East ang WAS. :) But good pick-up for them after losing Ariza. At least medyo wide open na nga East ngayon at hindi na as predictable as in recent seasons.

Yeah heard about it on NBAtv.  I was hoping he joined Doc with the Clippers.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 03:11 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM »
Rockets now in panic mode....offers Ariza a contract he doesn't deserve. Bracing perhaps for the departure of Parsons.

I heard they were matching Parsons.  They just need to sign Ariza first for cap room purposes before matching Parsons.  Kaya lang mukhang panic mode.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #770 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 01:27 PM »
Pierce now w/ Wizards
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #771 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 01:54 PM »
Pierce now w/ Wizards

just what the young wizards need. another veteran presence.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #772 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 04:34 PM »
Just read on twitter that Russell Westbrook is also coming over to play in the Gilas charity games next week. Ibang klase talaga si Manny Pangilinan!
We deserve better.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #773 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:08 PM »
Di pa rin ako makapaniwala sa pagbabalik ni LBJ sa Cavs,  :o

three #1 picks in the last 4 years, tapos may Lebron pa. sobrang swerte  ;D

Cleveland is gonna be really fun to watch this year.

Magkakaalaman na kung may ibubuga ba talaga si Irving vs. playoff competition.

Current roster doesn't look too good yet, di pa pang-championship caliber
PG: Kyrie Irving , Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Dion Waiters, Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James , Andrew Wiggins, Joe Harris
PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett,  Dwight Powell
C: Anderson Varejao, Brendan Haywood

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 08:14 PM by rusty »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #774 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:14 PM »
Di pa rin ako makapaniwala sa pagbabalik ni LBJ sa Cavs,  :o

three #1 picks in the last 4 years, tapos may Lebron pa. sobrang swerte  ;D

Cleveland is gonna be really fun to watch this year.

Magkakaalaman na kung may ibubuga ba talaga si Irving vs. playoff competition.

Current roster doesn't look too good yet, di pa pang-championship caliber
PG: Kyrie Irving , Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Dion Waiters, Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James , Andrew Wiggins, Joe Harris
PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett,  Dwight Powell
C: Anderson Varejao, Brendan Haywood

parang ok na nga eh, maybe another shooter or two.  This will be fun when he meets the heat.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #775 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:22 PM »
center lang kulang

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #776 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM »
pau to bulls....
pierce to wizards.....
ariza to rockets........
sa spurs kya meron din? muntik na si pau ;D ;D ;D
WCH CM U?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 10:15 PM »
pau to bulls....
pierce to wizards.....
ariza to rockets........
sa spurs kya meron din? muntik na si pau ;D ;D ;D

Ok nga sana if Pau went to the Spurs.  I think what he is getting is the MLE. Not sure though.  Kayang i-match ng Spurs.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #778 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 06:38 AM »
Haha galing ng Mavs. Di na kinuha ng Rox si Parsons. Mahirap daw maging flexible with Parsons' contract. Must be that trade kicker they included in the deal

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #779 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 06:41 AM »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11211261/houston-rockets-decline-match-dallas-mavericks-offer-chandler-parsons

Morey doesn't (cant) match the MAVS offer to Parsons ..... Parsons to play for the MAVS this upcoming season. All they got this summer was Trevor Ariza.

Morey's high-risk/high-reward gamble didn't payoff - shedding Asik & Lin salaries to get a chance at Bosh - who didn't commit to Morey.

Morey should blame Lebron ...... Lebron deciding to go back to the CAVS meant a chunk of max money & a leadership void for the HEAT - since Wade is often injured nowadays and is best a complimentary superstar, it was an easy decision for Bosh ....... he's getting max money & being da man in Miami.