Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557215 times)

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #810 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:51 AM »
Yep. Still some wiggle room in there to add pieces that can help them. But as of now, I think they really took a step back compared to their lineup last season.

it might be a slight step back, but I think Ariza and Parsons cancel each other out with Ariza being a slightly better defender.  They lost a back up center in Asik, who i think quit on them mid season because he wanted more playing time, and they also lost a scoring guard in Lin, although was so inconsistent dealing his contract out was probably a better move.  So if they are able to get a stretch 4 or develop Jones in the off-season to have a more consistent jumper and then land a consistent back up guard then I think they will be right where they are last season or slightly better ( pang 2nd round ng playoffs maybe?) with some money to spend in 2015 to make them a legit title contender.  Pero marami pang moves na gagawin si Morey to make things better than last year.  Unless his goal this summer was to really unload the contracts of both Asik and Lin.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #812 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM »
Watching Summer League now Lakers vs Warriors. Sobrang sayang di nakuha for Gilas itong si Jordan Clarkson. He would have been a huge boost. The kid is showing great potential for the Lakers team right now. He has that Westbrook attack mentality plus he can shoot that ball well (parang yung early season nya last year in college)

even made a tip in to win the game for the Lakers. Galing nitong Clarkson. Granted it is summer league pero the talent can be seen talaga. Hope he develops well. He will need to be really patient especially with playing time but I hope he gets his opportunity to strut his talent. Also, was pleasantly surprised by Randle's halfcourt handles. He made a few shake and bake moves and he really has great footwork in the post.

For us Lakers fans, yung rookies na lang natin ang kaabang abang panuorin. hehe
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #813 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:08 PM »
Di pala si Westbrook - si Paul George pala ang pupunta dito.  :D There are also tweets from Terrence Ross and Ed Davis suggesting that they are also coming over. It's going to be quite a basketball show next week!

Manny Pangilinan confirmed the addition of three more NBA players for the Gilas exhibition games next week:

James Harden
Tyson Chandler
Brandon Jennings

Paul George
Blake Griffin
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Kawhi Leonard
Paul Pierce
DeMar DeRozan
Terrence Ross
Ed Davis (?)
Nick Johnson

Wow.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:09 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:29 PM »
Watching Utah vs Milwaukee right now. Grabe, the future is bright for the Bucks. They just really need to manage their team well but the talent they have with Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari is absolutely amazing. Giannis reminds me of KD. Long, lanky and very versatile. He brings up the ball really well.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #815 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:43 PM »
Ganda ng summer league game ng Lakers vs Warriors. I wanted to see sudden death double OT period just like the wild Hawks vs D-league select game, but the 1 OT is nice too.  :D

Manny Pangilinan confirmed the addition of three more NBA players for the Gilas exhibition games next week:

James Harden
Tyson Chandler
Brandon Jennings

Paul George
Blake Griffin
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Kawhi Leonard
Paul Pierce
DeMar DeRozan
Terrence Ross
Ed Davis (?)
Nick Johnson

Wow.

wow, daming big names.  :D

dapat kunin din ni MVP si Jordan Clarkson.  :)

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #816 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 02:51 PM »
ganda nga ng game kanina ng gsw and lal. impressed ako kay randle. aggressive sya in attacking the basket. may post moves and maganda ang footwork. may ilang times nga lang na nanggigil sya. 2 times ata yun nung 4th sya ang nagbaba ng bola coast to coast resulting in turnovers. ok din si clarkson. mukhang more of a "points" guard sya than a point guard.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 03:32 PM »
btw, since we are on the summer league topic, I found this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

Kobe's 36-point explosion in Summer League. Check out how much ahead of the competition he was at that time. Fresh out of high school and he was destroying college kids. You just know he was a special player. I can't believe dvd_freak considers him as just an average guard who is comparable to Vince Carter and the likes. (i remember you said this 2 years ago, dvd_freak. hehe)

Ito naman kay Lebron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re3uW_YwDRQ
14/7/6 statline showing us a glimpse of his versatility

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #818 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 04:08 PM »
I prefer Ariza over Parsons so HOU made the right decision not matching the MAVS for Parsons.
Maybe they can get the services of Rondo from the Celtics.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 04:51 PM »
Great video, bro. First time for me to see that. Really enjoyed it... Even then,  ganun na talaga ang galaw ni Kobe. Can't be mistaken for someone else.
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #820 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:05 PM »
btw, since we are on the summer league topic, I found this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

Kobe's 36-point explosion in Summer League. Check out how much ahead of the competition he was at that time. Fresh out of high school and he was destroying college kids. You just know he was a special player. I can't believe dvd_freak considers him as just an average guard who is comparable to Vince Carter and the likes. (i remember you said this 2 years ago, dvd_freak. hehe)

Oops oops oops bro!  Hindi yun ang sinabi ko ha... ;D

Ok na sana but nandun si Kobe.   ;D  As good as Kobe is, there will always be a 6'6"/6'7" shooting guard with athletic ability who needs to shoot in volumes to score a bunch..... in a word, generic.

Magic a 6'9" point guard....never again siguro.  Jordan of course no question.  Lebron a power forward body who combines both speed and strentgh.... those players revolutionized the game.

Not insinuating that at all.  Hahahaha! Kobe is good but has not really revolutionized the game.  He is better than Carter of course.  If one thing...Kobe is the most durable player of all time still playing at a high level in his 17th season.  But years after he retires, I don't know if he will be remembered as somesone who has put his personal stamp on the game.  I don't know if he can shake the impression that he is a poor man's Jordan.  And in that list, Kobe is the one with only 1 MVP.

Syempre I will be judged a hater na naman just by your post alone.  I never said Kobe was an average guard.  Never said Kobe was comparable to Vince Carter.  I said he is better than Carter.  I said he hasn't really revolutionized the game.  Yun link mo.... I see Jordan there!  From the fadeaway to the penetration to the free throws.... Jordan na Jordan!   ;)

Mali yun post mo bro ha.   :D
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:08 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #821 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:39 PM »
Oops oops oops bro!  Hindi yun ang sinabi ko ha... ;D

Syempre I will be judged a hater na naman just by your post alone.  I never said Kobe was an average guard.  Never said Kobe was comparable to Vince Carter.  I said he is better than Carter.  I said he hasn't really revolutionized the game.  Yun link mo.... I see Jordan there!  From the fadeaway to the penetration to the free throws.... Jordan na Jordan!   ;)

Mali yun post mo bro ha.   :D
Ay generic pala yung tamang word. And mali pagkaalala ko. Ako pala nagtanong if you were saying comparable lang sa tulad nila carter. My bad. Anyway, by saying generic,  do you mean nothing special in other words?
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:41 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:40 PM »
Ay generic pala yung tamang word. And mali pagkaalala ko. Ako pala nagtanong if you were saying comparable lang sa tulad nila carter. My bad. Anyway, by saying generic,  do you mean nothing special in other words?

Specifically.... did not revolutionize the game or put his original stamp in the game.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:47 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Free Agency:July 1)
« Reply #823 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:46 PM »
Specifically.... did not revolutionize the game or put his original stamp in the game.
But in that sense, would you say he is nothing special talent-wise because he is kinda like mike?

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:50 PM »
Kobe is special talent-wise. He just didn't revolutionize the game sabi nga ni DVD_Freak.

And kinda OT: I always like Kobe shoes as it fits my game style, very comfy for me. Mas hirap kasi ako gumalaw sa mga mid and high cut shoes.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 05:52 PM »
But in that sense, would you say he is nothing special talent-wise because he is kinda like mike?

Well he scores a lot.  There is the question of efficiency and shot selection.  But scoring the amount of points that he has requires talent to put up those tons of attempts. Not every player can score that much.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:16 PM »
Pasingit lang ako kasi parang i get what dvd_freak is saying.  Here's my comparison...Shaq is arguably the single most dominant force to grace the NBA but Wilt the stilt revolutionized the 5 spot before shaq could, because of wilt lumaki ang painted area and nagkaroon ng 3 second rule. Shaq is by no means ordinary or nothing special, its just that wilt beat him to the moment.  Actually, mas revolutionary pa kay his airness para sakin si magic kasi 6-9 PG. or maybe Pip as the first real point-forward. Well, at least thats how i understand his posts.

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:18 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:24 PM »
Pasingit lang ako kasi parang i get what dvd_freak is saying.  Shaq is arguably the single most dominant force to grace the NBA but Wilt the stilt revolutionized the 5 spot before shaq could, because of wilt lumaki ang painted area and nagkaroon ng 3 second rule. Shaq is by no means ordinary or nothing special, its just that wilt beat him to the moment.  Actually, mas revolutionary pa kay his airness para sakin si magic kasi 6-9 PG. or maybe Pip as the first real point-forward. Well, at least thats how i understand his posts.

You got it bro.  Yun kay Shaq lang....agree ako dominance in the paint si Wilt na may trademark nyan.  But Shaq revolutionized the center position din.  Before Shaq wala pa yat center na combined both speed and strength.  Kahit siguro ngayon.  Wala ako maalala na Shaq-like player.  Ito ngayon yun ginagawa ni Lebron at his position na hindi pa natin nakikita before.

About Magic....wala na siguro tayo makikita na 6'9" PG.  I mean what are the chances we see another Magic Johnson compared to seeing another Kobe Bryant?  Doesn't mean talentless si Kobe.  Nobody can score 30,000 pts pag walang talent.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:45 PM »
No, I got what dvd_freak meant back then. What stuck out was the generic comment he made. For me, generic means something that is common. Kobe is arguably a generational talent. Very uncommon. I dont think generic fits as a description for him. Siguro yung mga tipo ni CJ Miles, Kevin Martin, Alec Burks, etc yan ang mga generic. But that's just me.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:55 PM »
No, I got what dvd_freak meant back then. What stuck out was the generic comment he made. For me, generic means something that is common. Kobe is arguably a generational talent. Very uncommon. I dont think generic fits as a description for him. Siguro yung mga tipo ni CJ Miles, Kevin Martin, Alec Burks, etc yan ang mga generic. But that's just me.

What you are mentioning ang interpretation ko.... generic talent-wise.  Hindi yun ang dinedescribe ko.  For me generic meaning skillset-wise siguro yun closest I can think of.  Andrew Wiggins siguro may fall under that same category.  So meron din ganun skillset in this draft.  Magic... wala pa rin after ilang draft na.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 06:58 PM »

You got it bro.  Yun kay Shaq lang....agree ako dominance in the paint si Wilt na may trademark nyan.  But Shaq revolutionized the center position din.  Before Shaq wala pa yat center na combined both speed and strength.  Kahit siguro ngayon.  Wala ako maalala na Shaq-like player.

Hindi ba ganun si David Robinson? Speed,quickness and power? Latter part ng career nya naabutan ko pero based sa highlights nya, parang yun yung combo ni Admiral e

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 07:00 PM »
What you are mentioning ang interpretation ko.... generic talent-wise.  Hindi yun ang dinedescribe ko.  For me generic meaning skillset-wise siguro yun closest I can think of.  Andrew Wiggins siguro may fall under that same category.  So meron din ganun skillset in this draft.  Magic... wala pa rin after ilang draft na.
6'9" PG - kyle anderson

Although not as talented. Haha

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 07:01 PM »

Hindi ba ganun si David Robinson? Speed,quickness and power? Latter part ng career nya naabutan ko pero based sa highlights nya, parang yun yung combo ni Admiral e

Nope.  Finesse player si Admiral.  Tapos slim yun katawan.  Polar opposites sila ni Shaq. 

Edit:  To add pala nakalimutan ko... Si Shaq...combination of Strength and speed considering his behemoth size.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 07:08 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 07:02 PM »
6'9" PG - kyle anderson

Although not as talented. Haha

Mas Boris Diaw yata than Magic.  Hehehehe!

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM »
Mas Boris Diaw yata than Magic.  Hehehehe!

Si Diaw is a Pip 2.0.

Nope.  Finesse player si Admiral.  Tapos slim yun katawan.  Polar opposites sila ni Shaq. 

Edit:  To add pala nakalimutan ko... Si Shaq...combination of Strength and speed considering his behemoth size.

Si Hakeem the Dream for me is a bit more revolutionary than Shaq, moves like a guard, dribbles like a guard, shoots like a guard, but rebounds and defends like a 5, kasi para sakin Shaq and Wilt had similar body types, lalo na nung peak ni Wilt, he was also 300 lbs, makes me wonder how Bill Russel guarded him.  Pero yung low post footwork ni Shaq ang kakaiba, and better ball handling din sya than most 5's so medyo revolutionary parin.  Angat lang for me si Stilt and Dream.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM »
just chiming in. so with the same logic, Michael Jordan is generic since he patterned his moves to Dr. J, right? pati si Clyde Drexler ganun din.

also, i wouldn't say Shaq revolutionized the C position because after him, there was no one else to play the same as him or like other great big men like Hakeem, Ewing, Kareem, etc. he was the last great big man. he's more like Magic where there was no one else like him again.

When you say revolutionize you change something and the next generation tries to follow your example. Dun kay Shaq wala nang ibang naging dominant center or at least what they call a classic center.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 08:37 PM by leomarley »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 09:48 PM »
For me si Michael Jordan siguro got what Dr. J did and brought it up a notch. As for Shaq if we are to use your definition of revolutionize na you changed something.... he forced the NBA to change the design of the backboard support and stanchion design because he was bringing down the whole backboard.  Then I'm guessing yun Hack-A-Shaq led to a rule change that the opponents get 2 FTs plus ball possession if it's under 2 mins in the 4th.  I don't know if those count though
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM »
For me si Michael Jordan siguro got what Dr. J did and brought it up a notch. As for Shaq if we are to use your definition of revolutionize na you changed something.... he forced the NBA to change the design of the backboard support and stanchion design because he was bringing down the whole backboard.  Then I'm guessing yun Hack-A-Shaq led to a rule change that the opponents get 2 FTs plus ball possession if it's under 2 mins in the 4th.  I don't know if those count though

yeah i don't think it counts since we're talking about players skills here not NBA rules with regards to revolutionizing the game.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM »
yeah i don't think it counts since we're talking about players skills here not NBA rules with regards to revolutionizing the game.

Iba kasi sakin yun revolutionize....meaning you either beat the predecessor by upping it up a notch.  Or introducing something new we haven't seen before.  That's why I also mentioned putting a stamp or an imprint on the game that is very much identified with a certain player.

Pero how about the NBA changing some Zone rules because of Shaq's dominance?
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:06 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:01 PM »
Iba kasi sakin yun revolutionize....meaning you either beat the predecessor by upping it up a notch.  Or introducing something new we haven't seen before.  That's why I also mentioned putting a stamp or an imprint on the game that is very much identified with a certain player.

but the term "revolutionize" itself means to change something completely. Shaq ,Lebron, and Magic didn't revolutionize anything but instead were freak of natures and are one of a kind. on the other hand, though, i stand corrected. Jordan did revolutionize the game because his play was to effective that the landscape of the NBA literally changed and shifted focus from the big men to wing players.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:02 PM by leomarley »