Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557056 times)

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1440 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 02:55 PM »
5-0 na Grizzlies ko. woot woot.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1441 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 02:56 PM »
oh man the Warriors are the team to beat in the West. I am Clippers fan and we got clobbered tonight.
Nah. The Clippers just hasnt been playing that well lang talaga as of now.

Too early in the season to say which team is the team to beat. But the dubs and the rockets are playing well. The West is just too stacked.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1442 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:02 PM »
he he he...

:):)

talo Cavs
panalo Bulls

:(:(
talo Miami
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1443 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:06 PM »
5-0 na Grizzlies ko. woot woot.

Ang galeng nga!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1444 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:07 PM »

Too early in the season to say which team is the team to beat. But the dubs and the rockets are playing well. The West is just too stacked.

Kinuha kse nung bagong Clippers owner lahat ng energy nila kaya parang low energy sila mag laro since start.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1445 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:12 PM »
chicago vs miami... then championship... miami vs gsw :):)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #1446 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:37 PM »
I didnt get the memo that it was Kobe Hate day today. Haha

It's only logical for players who are on the rise to want to avoid teaming up with Kobe. It stunts their growth because Kobe's usage rate is so high, it gives them less opportunities to shine.

Kaya nga si Pau perfect for Kobe back then coz he did not want to be the team's star. He was contented playing second-fiddle. Dwight on the other hand, wanted to be the man. Sure enough, Kobe did not want to budge. Sabi nya nga kay Dwight (as condescending as it may sound)- I will teach you how to be a champion (just running it from memory, so might have worded it differently). Ibig sabihin, matuto ka muna bago ka mangarap na maging main focus ng isang team. Sabi naman ni Kobe na Dwight would be the focal point of the Lakers when he retires. But Dwight couldn't wait. So now he is happy playing second-fiddle to BinHarden. Best option nya naman talaga is to leave the Lakers kasi crummy team yung nabuo ng Lakers unlike sa Rockets na young and malaki potential to grow.

Anyway, the league will surely be at a loss once Kobe retires so rather than hate on Kobe for the negative stuff (i.e. horrendous fg/volume shooting), i'd rather focus on the positive things he will be doing. I'm purely a Lakers fan and I support the players on the team  no matter what.(except when they had Kwame Brown.that guy sucks donkey balls)

Did you read the espn article? Here is an excerpt. I will believe these insiders than your sources

IN JULY 2013, after one tumultuous season in LA, Dwight Howard had reached free agency with a flood of carefully arranged meetings with the Rockets, Hawks, Mavericks, Warriors and Lakers. For the Lakers, it was a dry run for the 2014 recruiting game. Could they persuade a major star to stay with Bryant?

The Lakers meeting took place in Beverly Hills on July 2 in the modernist, windowless conference room at Relativity Media -- the offices of Howard's agent. Kupchak, Howard's closest ally on the team, prepped the Lakers' pitch. One big point: Listen carefully. Another: Dress appropriately. "Our approach," a Lakers source explained at the time, "is that we are interviewing for the job. We want to show that this is a place his dreams can come true."

As the Lakers' contingent settled into the conference room's ergonomic chairs, it was clear that two-time MVP point guard Steve Nash, in a nice crisp shirt, listening attentively, was running Kupchak's game plan. But Bryant showed up, according to a person in the room, in "hoops shorts, a T-shirt and a gold chain." He had also packed an attitude.

When Howard asked why his teammates let the injured center take all the flak when the Lakers' season went south, Nash said he didn't know that Howard had felt that way and that had he known, he would have acted differently. Bryant, on the other hand, offered a crash course in developing thick skin and a mini lecture on learning how to win. Sources told ESPN Insider Chris Broussard that Bryant's lecture was "a complete turnoff" for Howard.

"It wasn't an easy meeting to be involved in," Kupchak later said on Cowherd's radio show. "And I decline to go into great detail." Howard shortly thereafter chose to leave for the Rockets, even though it cost him roughly $30 million in guaranteed salary.

The story of the Lakers' losing Howard has been told as one of the big man chafing under Mike D'Antoni's offense. One Lakers source, though, says Howard's issue wasn't really with the offensive scheme but that "he saw one particular player play outside that scheme with carte blanche, with no accountability. These people who say Dwight couldn't handle the pressure of Los Angeles ... that's nonsense. LA was everything Dwight wanted. To be celebrated. To be among stars. To be among women of this caliber. To live, basically, in one big reality TV show. This was a perfect setting for him."

Bryant, who declined through a Lakers spokesman to comment for this story, playfully grumbles about today's youth and their newfangled ways, but there really is an element to his play that is from the past. By the old points-per-game measure, he was not just a perennial All-Star but one of the best players ever. But the league has changed around Bryant, and swiftly. The movement of people and the ball, 3s, rim attacks, coordinated defensive effort and generating open shots for teammates are what's winning now. Subsuming ego and glorifying teammates is a winning NBA strategy, and it's what D'Antoni and Nash attempted to bring to the Lakers.

After his first year with Bryant, Nash couldn't hide his disappointment when talking to Grantland's Zach Lowe: "I think it'd be nice to find a middle ground where he does his thing but the ball still can move for great parts of the game. ... But I knew it wasn't going to be the same. When you play with Kobe Bryant, the ball is gonna be with him most of the time."

Or it will be, at least, until he shoots it. Bryant has fired away for nearly two decades. He's fourth on the NBA's all-time scoring list, trailing only Kareem, Karl Malone and Michael Jordan. He's also just a few weeks' play from setting an all-time league record for misses. "The problem is, he's just not as good as he thinks he is," says one source in the Lakers' inner circle. "He's just not as efficient as he thinks he is. If he had the other intangibles, like LeBron, or if he was any kind of different person, it would have been easy for us to attract talent, retain it and win."

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1447 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 03:55 PM »
seriously henry abbott :) don't tell me someone still believes what he writes about kobe.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2014/10/21/phil-jackson-co-signs-tweet-calls-espn-article-kobe-bryant-absolute-garbage/

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1448 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:13 PM »
From another writer, from the meeting in 2013. Kaya iba talaga si Magic and Bird.

Report: Kobe Bryant challenges Dwight Howard in Lakers meeting
By Matt Moore | NBA writer

Yahoo Sports reports that when Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke with free agent center Dwight Howard at their meeting Tuesday, there was no ring kissing (or kissing of anything else). Bryant did what he always does, brought the highest level of competitive spirit possible and came off as abrasive but honest.

"You need to learn how it's done first, and I can teach you here," Bryant told Howard during the Lakers' presentation, witnesses in the room described to Yahoo! Sports.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Howard, witnesses described. "I know how to do it and I've learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over."

"Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you," Bryant told him.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Dwight Howard on the way out of the Lakers, or maybe the way back into them.

via Kobe Bryant challenges Dwight Howard in meeting - Yahoo! Sports.

People that should be surprised Bryant took this approach: No one.

But was this the right approach? No.

Think of it this way.

A lot of times an employer won't be honest about how difficult a job is, or the hard personalities involved. You want the employee excited about the opportunity. Once they're there, you can introduce them to the challenges and the reward for overcoming those. But the big problem here isn't the portrayal of how hard greatness is to achieve. It's that Bryant's acting like he's the only human being to have success on the basketball court, ever. A lot of great players have discovered their own way.

Bryant's pitch should have been about how they could accomplish great things, but the takeaway from this little speech is that Bryant can allow Howard to have greatness. He can give it to him, like a bonus check while the CEO, Bryant, collects all the profits. It doesn't engage Howard as an active participant in the greatness Howard wants to aspire to. Bryant can be great, and share that with Howard.

Not a great way to sell a guy who as his own firm ideas about what he wants for his career, for his life, for his way of success.

You can't be surprised Bryant went this route, but you wonder how Howard will respond. Is he willing to be Bryant's lapdog? That's the question now.

Howard is in Aspen, Colorado debating his options with his agents after visiting with teams this week and is expected to issue a decision sometime in the next week.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:47 PM by Moks007 »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1449 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:24 PM »
seriously henry abbott :) don't tell me someone still believes what he writes about kobe.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2014/10/21/phil-jackson-co-signs-tweet-calls-espn-article-kobe-bryant-absolute-garbage/

Of course phil will say that. What do you expect? I want to know what shaq will say about the article.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:25 PM by Moks007 »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1450 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:44 PM »
ok question, if the espn article is bogus can henry abbott be sued for libel/defamation?

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1451 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:50 PM »
The Jazz are so exciting to watch this year. Favors and Hayward are primed to break out, and their bench is just as riveting.

Wooo GSW!  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014 at 04:54 PM by rusty »

Offline AD3000

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1452 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 05:09 PM »
Talk about exciting. Having so much fun watching Klay Thompson thisseason. Smoked Kobe for 41 points and then hit the game-winner on the next game. Will be watching the GSW-LAC replay later, don't tell me who won. Haha.
We all dance by ourselves, that's why we only play electronic music.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #1453 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 05:10 PM »
Of course phil will say that. What do you expect? I want to know what shaq will say about the article.

Phil has also coached MJ and won multiple titles, so yes for me he is much credible. Look at all the past articles of Abbott and you could see clearly that he is always biased. So for me the ESPN article is really not something new especially if the writer is a true Kobe fan :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1454 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 05:14 PM »
Did you read the espn article? Here is an excerpt. I will believe these insiders than your sources

No Lakers-related article goes by me. I am that hardcore. So, yes, I have read that before. What is your point though? The article says almost the same thing I said. Kobe imposed his way on Howard, Howard did not like Kobe's way and he also wanted to be the main dog in LA. For Dwight, his time is NOW and he did not want to be in the shadow of a 36-year old legend.

What is with your fascination with these ESPN articles anyway? So what if there are players that don't want to play with Kobe? So what if Kobe may or may not have been the biggest reason for the Lakers' sorry situation right now? Are we to just simply disregard all the years where he helped bring the Lakers 5 championships?

The fact is, the Lakers enjoyed a long period of success with Kobe on the team.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1455 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 06:57 PM »
No Lakers-related article goes by me. I am that hardcore. So, yes, I have read that before. What is your point though? The article says almost the same thing I said. Kobe imposed his way on Howard, Howard did not like Kobe's way and he also wanted to be the main dog in LA. For Dwight, his time is NOW and he did not want to be in the shadow of a 36-year old legend.

What is with your fascination with these ESPN articles anyway? So what if there are players that don't want to play with Kobe? So what if Kobe may or may not have been the biggest reason for the Lakers' sorry situation right now? Are we to just simply disregard all the years where he helped bring the Lakers 5 championships?

The fact is, the Lakers enjoyed a long period of success with Kobe on the team.

I posted that article because you said "Dwight wanted to be the man" What is your source that says Dwight wanted to be the man? The espn article specifically says: a complete turnoff. For me it's more of Kobe's brash attitude. Kala mo kung sino..

When Howard asked why his teammates let the injured center take all the flak when the Lakers' season went south, Nash said he didn't know that Howard had felt that way and that had he known, he would have acted differently. Bryant, on the other hand, offered a crash course in developing thick skin and a mini lecture on learning how to win. Sources told ESPN Insider Chris Broussard that Bryant's lecture was "a complete turnoff" for Howard.

The story of the Lakers' losing Howard has been told as one of the big man chafing under Mike D'Antoni's offense. One Lakers source, though, says Howard's issue wasn't really with the offensive scheme but that "he saw one particular player play outside that scheme with carte blanche, with no accountability.

Fascination with these espn articles? This is the first time I posted an article by espn. I didnt even post the whole article kasi nahiya naman ako sayo.  Bawal ba to post? It is in relation to why lakers suck for a couple years.

Sige na nga I love lakers and kobe. I have a kobe shirt, I just need a kobe jersey.  ;) Bin harden sucks!!! Dwight sucks!!! Harden best shooting guard? no freaking way!!!

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014 at 07:58 PM by Moks007 »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1456 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 07:23 PM »
3-2 na ang HEAT.

Can't wait this Sunday vs. The Wolves...

May way ba for the HEat to get... Rubio? kaso kakasign lang pala...

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1457 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 07:37 PM »
Hahaha... Parang Jaworski... Very polarizing.

Go Lakers!

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1458 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 08:22 PM »
As a Kobe and Lakers fan, I am cognizant of  his faults. But that Henry Abbott article was written without context and meant solely to take him down - the comments about Ramon Sessions, Kevin Love and Paul George alone, are completely inaccurate. Both Sessions and Paul George have reacted against the piece, along with PhilJax. Kevin Love need not have reacted because he was under contract (up to next year) and was traded to Cleveland and could not have maneuvered his way to LA (nor could Kobe have dissuaded him).

Here is an article which points out the flaws in Mr. Abbott's piece -

http://www.wineandcheesecrowd.com/kobe-bryant-and-the-sad-state-of-espn/

These too -

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2014/10/20/7024989/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-espn-downfall
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/10/21/henry-abbotts-kobe-bryant-article-is-ridiculous-reckless/
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-10-20/espn-article-sparks-uproar-over-kobe-bryant

There were many others, btw.

As for all the things relating to Dwight Howard, bwahahaha.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014 at 08:32 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1459 on: Nov 06, 2014 at 08:23 PM »
Phil has also coached MJ and won multiple titles, so yes for me he is much credible. Look at all the past articles of Abbott and you could see clearly that he is always biased. So for me the ESPN article is really not something new especially if the writer is a true Kobe fan :)

This quote came from the same Phil Jackson however supporting Abbott's article saying no one wants to play with Kobe.  It involved the pitch for Howard to return to the Lakers....

Last week, Phil Jackson added another story to the saga with his recount of the Dwight Howard free agency meeting with the Lakers last summer.

“And Kobe made a moving speech during the pitch, promising to teach Dwight the secret of winning championships that he’d learned from the best in the game.

“If the meeting had ended there, it might have worked. But after the presentation, Dwight asked Kobe what he was planning to do after he recovered from his Achilles injury. Was this going to be his last year? “No,” replied Kobe. “I’m planning to be around for three or four more years.”

“At that point, according to others in the room, Dwight’s eyes went blank and he drifted away. In his mind, the game was over. […] A few days later he announced that he was signing with the Rockets.”

The passage is an excerpt from Jackson’s reissue of his autobiography Eleven Rings, and isn’t the first time Phil has raked Kobe through the coals in one of his books.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #1460 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 12:01 AM »
This quote came from the same Phil Jackson however supporting Abbott's article saying no one wants to play with Kobe.  It involved the pitch for Howard to return to the Lakers....

Yes, but thats just a part of it. Henry Abbott wants to point out that Kobe is the reason of the Lakers downfall, which also for me is absolute garbage.

http://www.wineandcheesecrowd.com/kobe-bryant-and-the-sad-state-of-espn/
Assertion #4: Phil Jackson Said Bryant was Too Hard to Deal With

Jackson’s books talked about Kobe’s difficulty to deal with at a younger age. But as Kobe matured, and towards their 2008-2010 runs, Jackson’s tone on Kobe noticeably changed. Abbott and Cowherd chose to ignore all those quotes, focusing instead on quotes from earlier in Bryant’s career.

A simple Google search brings up quotes like this: “I love Kobe Bryant. I consider him like my son. I consider him as someone who I had a tense relationship with, but something that has mellowed through the course of the years.”

That tense relationship dates back to 2004, or ten years ago for those counting. Phil Jackson doesn’t hate Kobe Bryant, and through the prime of his career, Bryant got along just fine with Phil.

Finally, Jackson RT a tweet from Flea this week, dumping on Abbott’s article, if that means anything to anyone.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 at 12:07 AM by frequenzy »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1461 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 12:59 AM »
trying hard kasi maging MJ... :):):) copycat...

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1462 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 03:15 AM »
why is everyone talking about kobe? I mean the Wolves will probably have a better year than the his Lakers
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline Clinton

• Collector
  • Liked:
NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1463 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 06:32 AM »
Hindi naman trying hard si kobe. Kuhang kuha nga niya e,.kulang ng isang singsing lang nga. Well he won championships with only 2 stars unlike other teams who won it with,more than 2 hehe.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1464 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 06:40 AM »
Wow, bida na naman pala (at pa rin) si Kobe dito :).

Pag-usapan na lang natin ang Cavs. Baka coach ang bigger problem dito, aside from the weak bench and the lack of defensive players.
We deserve better.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1465 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 07:04 AM »
Wow, bida na naman pala (at pa rin) si Kobe dito :).

Pag-usapan na lang natin ang Cavs. Baka coach ang bigger problem dito, aside from the weak bench and the lack of defensive players.

hindi aabot sa finals ang cavs... :):):)

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1466 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 08:10 AM »

stacked nga. pero with a better coach in the helm for gsw mahihirapan ang ibang teams. sana makabawi clips sa next meeting nila at sa next game nila mas magaganda pa ang nilalaro ng kings.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1467 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 08:32 AM »
stacked nga. pero with a better coach in the helm for gsw mahihirapan ang ibang teams. sana makabawi clips sa next meeting nila at sa next game nila mas magaganda pa ang nilalaro ng kings.

I'm not sure if Kerr is indeed a better coach than Mark Jackson. It remains to be seen. Speaking of the Kings, their surprising play has been sparked by Collison's and Cousin's superb display. Hope they can keep it up (but I highly doubt it).

As for the Clippers, they'll figure it out soon...I hope. They are too talented to be playing the way they are right now.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1468 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 09:44 AM »
Another article why the Lakers are currently the laughingstock of the NBA. :D

Charles Barkley says he's not eating until the Lakers win a game
Chuck was a good man. He will be missed.

NBA legend and "Inside the NBA" studio personality Charles Barkley started off the show on Thursday with a surprising declaration. He's going to fast until the Lakers win a game.

I mean, he thought better of it almost immediately, but still.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24787054/charles-barkley-says-hes-not-eating-until-the-lakers-win-a-game

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1469 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 09:50 AM »
Another article why the Lakers are currently the laughingstock of the NBA. :D
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24787054/charles-barkley-says-hes-not-eating-until-the-lakers-win-a-game

malamang lamang fossil na si barkley kapag nanalo ang Lakers :):)