Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557163 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1920 on: Feb 04, 2015 at 06:15 AM »
but the selections for reserves is still influenced by the next players who got the higher number of votes

They are actually not.  Jeff Teague was only 8th, Russell Westbrook 8th, Klay Thompson 6th, Millsap 10th, Horford 11th. Damian Llilard nga highest among all of them at 5th sa guard hindi pumasok As well as Marcin Gortat at 4th.  Si Derick Rose at 6th, Kevin Love 6th and initially Demarcus Coisins 7th

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #1921 on: Feb 04, 2015 at 02:52 PM »
Pelicans snapped the Hawks 19-game winning streak. Warriors have a better win% but still 1 game behind the Hawks for the best record in the league.

Hawks vs Warriors sa sabado!  ^-^

Tinapos ng next Tim Duncan (Anthony Davis) 'yung winning streak ng "Spurs of the East" (Atlanta Hawks)  :D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1922 on: Feb 04, 2015 at 03:09 PM »
They are actually not.  Jeff Teague was only 8th, Russell Westbrook 8th, Klay Thompson 6th, Millsap 10th, Horford 11th. Damian Llilard nga highest among all of them at 5th sa guard hindi pumasok As well as Marcin Gortat at 4th.  Si Derick Rose at 6th, Kevin Love 6th and initially Demarcus Coisins 7th

that's actually what I mean, reserves wouldn't have to be picked in order of voting, but to be part of the selection, you still need to be on the list that received high votes
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1923 on: Feb 04, 2015 at 03:37 PM »
that's actually what I mean, reserves wouldn't have to be picked in order of voting, but to be part of the selection, you still need to be on the list that received high votes

That's kind of weak and illogical.  Everyone is on the list. So what are the chances that a player on the list gets picked?  100%.  And you did say "...... still influenced by the next players who got the higher number of votes."  So next players who got the higher number of votes.  So when you say next.... yun susunod di ba? Kaso the next players who got the higher number of votes were not necessarily picked.  Damian Llilard nga, Marcin Gortat and Derrick Rose.  Those who got picked were not the next players who got the higher number of votes like Jeff Teague, Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Westbrook, Thompson.  Thus you are contradicting your earlier statement.

If you get chosen to be an all star and you were 50th in voting, that is still high considering there are hundreds of players.  Horford at 11th is not really high considering only 3 frontcourt players are chosen as starters.  If you get chosen and you happen to be 100th in voting.  So that's still high because how many players are in the NBA?  More than 400?
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2015 at 08:58 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1924 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 12:49 AM »
That's kind of weak and illogical.  Everyone is on the list. So what are the chances that a player on the list gets picked?  100%.  And you did say "...... still influenced by the next players who got the higher number of votes."  So next players who got the higher number of votes.  So when you say next.... yun susunod di ba? Kaso the next players who got the higher number of votes were not necessarily picked.  Damian Llilard nga, Marcin Gortat and Derrick Rose.  Those who got picked were not the next players who got the higher number of votes like Jeff Teague, Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Westbrook, Thompson.  Thus you are contradicting your earlier statement.

If you get chosen to be an all star and you were 50th in voting, that is still high considering there are hundreds of players.  Horford at 11th is not really high considering only 3 frontcourt players are chosen as starters.  If you get chosen and you happen to be 100th in voting.  So that's still high because how many players are in the NBA?  More than 400?

to simplify, a coach would not pick Swaggy P or Jeremy Lin since they are nowhere near the top of most votes garnered ... would you think a coach would pick someone who is no. 100 in the voting when the All Star Game is supposed to be more of a fan appreciation game? ... technically you're right but realistically they wouldn't do it, hence I'm saying that it is still vote driven

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1925 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 12:54 AM »
passed by the NBA shop at Glorietta this afternoon, just wanted to check pricing if it is near the US shop prices, and also to check available San Antonio Spurs merchandise ... to my surprise, not a single San Antonio Spurs jersey available, and they are the defending champions - buti pa Brooklyn and Minnesota merong available ... daming teams ang walang merchandise

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1926 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 06:05 AM »
to simplify, a coach would not pick Swaggy P or Jeremy Lin since they are nowhere near the top of most votes garnered ... would you think a coach would pick someone who is no. 100 in the voting when the All Star Game is supposed to be more of a fan appreciation game? ... technically you're right but realistically they wouldn't do it, hence I'm saying that it is still vote driven

You took it literally masyado bro.   :D  I was exaggerating to make a point.  But you still contradicted your initial post na reserves are chosen BASED ON THE NEXT HIGHER VOTES.  That's not true.  So you widen the new parameters.

But ok let's go with the new parameters you set.... I am willing to bet that next year's all star reserves will come from the top 20 vote getters(both guards & frontcourt).  So what do you think my batting average would be?  100% right?   ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015 at 06:23 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1927 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 07:17 AM »
You took it literally masyado bro.   :D  I was exaggerating to make a point.  But you still contradicted your initial post na reserves are chosen BASED ON THE NEXT HIGHER VOTES.  That's not true.  So you widen the new parameters.

But ok let's go with the new parameters you set.... I am willing to bet that next year's all star reserves will come from the top 20 vote getters(both guards & frontcourt).  So what do you think my batting average would be?  100% right?   ;D

My point is so simple, not sure why you are complicating and arguing about it - "All star selection is mainly due to fan votes", hence reserves would still come from those with high votes ... if the coach takes a reserve that is not very popular in voting and bypasses deserving stars, he will be in trouble ... didn't you see who were taken in as reserves this year, and in previous years? - they got the reserves from those with higher votes ... how could that be illogical?  you are interpreting my statement as it is automatic that the reserves would be taken in the next order of the highest number of votes, and that's not what i mean because I know that the coach can select the reserves - my point is that it is pointless for a coach to select a reserve that is so far out from the voting as this is not drafting, just a one game affair for the fans ... didn't you see the fan and player reaction when someone like Lillard was not selected? why would a coach get himself in trouble for a one-game exhibition by selecting someone not in the range of highest vote list?

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1928 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 08:51 AM »
passed by the NBA shop at Glorietta this afternoon, just wanted to check pricing if it is near the US shop prices, and also to check available San Antonio Spurs merchandise ... to my surprise, not a single San Antonio Spurs jersey available, and they are the defending champions - buti pa Brooklyn and Minnesota merong available ... daming teams ang walang merchandise

baka ubos na.. Haha..

Go Spurs..
The Pats way...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1929 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 11:02 AM »
My point is so simple, not sure why you are complicating and arguing about it - "All star selection is mainly due to fan votes", hence reserves would still come from those with high votes ... if the coach takes a reserve that is not very popular in voting and bypasses deserving stars, he will be in trouble ... didn't you see who were taken in as reserves this year, and in previous years? - they got the reserves from those with higher votes ... how could that be illogical?  you are interpreting my statement as it is automatic that the reserves would be taken in the next order of the highest number of votes, and that's not what i mean because I know that the coach can select the reserves - my point is that it is pointless for a coach to select a reserve that is so far out from the voting as this is not drafting, just a one game affair for the fans ... didn't you see the fan and player reaction when someone like Lillard was not selected? why would a coach get himself in trouble for a one-game exhibition by selecting someone not in the range of highest vote list?

Then let's get back to your original assertion.....
but the selections for reserves is still influenced by the next players who got the higher number of votes
Pero sabi mo hindi yun ang minimean mo. You meant NOT the next players who got the higher number of votes but reserves wouldn't have to be picked in order of voting.  So hindi na siya yun NEXT but NOT IN ORDER na.

Then why make an assertion at all if it's considered inevitable in nature?  I can say nga....
1.    Next year's all star game will include players from the guard and frontcourt that is in the Top 20 in voting.
2.    Teams with the most wins in the East and West will have at least 1 representative in next year's all star game.
 So what would be my batting average nga for those 2 assertions?  Di ba 100%?  :D

If ganun yun assertion mo bro... then I agree with you.  No arguments here then.  ;D

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1930 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 04:04 PM »
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015 at 04:04 PM by thebat »
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1931 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 04:34 PM »
Naka-51 pts pala si Curry kanina. di ko napanuod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv00HGzCGS0

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1932 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 04:39 PM »
Iba talaga yung Splash Brothers ng GS.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1933 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 05:45 PM »
Norris Cole and Hassan Whiteside made a boo-boo in bound play. Expect this in Shaqtin' a fool!

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/norris-cole--hassan-whiteside-briefly-forget-how-inbounding-works-in-final-minute-of-loss-051158960.html

I wonder what Norris Cole was thinking... :D
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015 at 05:46 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #1934 on: Feb 05, 2015 at 05:59 PM »
^ Kung na shoot 'yung FTW na tres ni Cole, medyo na redeem nya sana ng konti yung kapalpakan nya, kaso hindi na shoot, double whammy   :-[    :D
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015 at 06:00 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #1935 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 09:39 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/story/_/id/12286091/stephen-curry-klay-thompson-kyle-korver-james-harden-kyrie-irving-3-point-contest-competitors

Wow. This year's 3-point contest at the All-Star weekend is STACKED !

Curry, Thompson, Korver, Harden, Irving, Matthews, Redick & defending champ Belinelli.

That's a dream lineup right there ..... though, Harden is obviously there just for added star-power - many other deserving shooters e.g. Beal.

I'd pick either Korver, Redick (if injury-free) or Belinelli to win it ...... IMO rhythm & iso-shooters like Harden, Irving & Curry will find it hard to win in such a contest.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1936 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 12:25 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/story/_/id/12286091/stephen-curry-klay-thompson-kyle-korver-james-harden-kyrie-irving-3-point-contest-competitors

Wow. This year's 3-point contest at the All-Star weekend is STACKED !

Curry, Thompson, Korver, Harden, Irving, Matthews, Redick & defending champ Belinelli.

That's a dream lineup right there ..... though, Harden is obviously there just for added star-power - many other deserving shooters e.g. Beal.

I'd pick either Korver, Redick (if injury-free) or Belinelli to win it ...... IMO rhythm & iso-shooters like Harden, Irving & Curry will find it hard to win in such a contest.

Ang galing nga bro.  I'm picking from Belinelli, Curry and Korver.  Do you think Redick would do well?  Parang tingin ko he really uses his legs to jump to release his shots.  Baka early rounds kaya pa.  Yun succeeding pagod na.  Usually yata yun mga more or less mga set shots shooters nananalo.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1937 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 12:44 PM »
^^that's the real marquee event of the all-star game  :D

Lat year, the finalists of the event (Beal and Bellinelli) were both 1st and 2nd place respectively in "catch and shoot 3p%" via NBA stat tracking. Catch and shoot 3p%  a good predictor of 3-pt shootout success. They do better than "pull up shooters" like Curry and Thompson.

This year Korver is leading all contestants in both "catch and shoot" and "pull-up" shooting percentage (Korver rarely attempts pull-up 3s). If I were to put money in the event, I'd bet on Korver's historically efficient shooting year. But since I'm a GS fan, I'm rooting for Thompson or Curry  ;D

Catch and Shoot
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/catchshoot/?sort=FG3_PCT&dir=1

Pull-up shooting
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/pullup/?sort=FG3_PCT&dir=1
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2015 at 12:45 PM by rusty »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1938 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 12:51 PM »
^^that's the real marquee event of the all-star game  :D

Lat year, the finalists of the event (Beal and Bellinelli) were both 1st and 2nd place respectively in "catch and shoot 3p%" via NBA stat tracking. Catch and shoot 3p%  a good predictor of 3-pt shootout success. They do better than "pull up shooters" like Curry and Thompson.

This year Korver is leading all contestants in both "catch and shoot" and "pull-up" shooting percentage (Korver rarely attempts pull-up 3s). If I were to put money in the event, I'd bet on Korver's historically efficient shooting year. But since I'm a GS fan, I'm rooting for Thompson or Curry  ;D

Catch and Shoot
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/catchshoot/?sort=FG3_PCT&dir=1

Pull-up shooting
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/pullup/?sort=FG3_PCT&dir=1

Man!  Good links bro Rusty!  I didn't know they kept track of those!  Hahaha!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1939 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:01 PM »
Ang galing nga bro.  I'm picking from Belinelli, Curry and Korver.  Do you think Redick would do well?  Parang tingin ko he really uses his legs to jump to release his shots.  Baka early rounds kaya pa.  Yun succeeding pagod na.  Usually yata yun mga more or less mga set shots shooters nananalo.

Indeed, Redick uses some hop to get that shot off - though, fatigue wasn't a problem for past smallish participants e.g. Kerr, Price, Hodges, etc.

Dunno, just feel that Redick is primed to win this event - hope he's injury free when the event comes.

As for Curry, like I said, I don't think that iso-shooters would do well in the contest ...... these guys are scorers, they need that rhythm before they get that shot off - hence, IMO Harden won't do well in this event.

Almost everyone, I think, is rooting for Korver - aside from the HAWKS great season, Korver has paid his dues in the NBA and just missed out on ASG spot ....... it'll be a nice story if he wins the 3-point shootout.

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:05 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1940 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:13 PM »
Mali pala, mas magaling ng kaunti si Klay sa "catch and shoot" kesa sa "pull-up". He has a good chance if he gets hot.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1941 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:17 PM »
You guys think may pag-asa pa si Korver sa All Star game?  I believe Wade has hamstring issues yata.  Or Barndon Knight has a better chance?

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1942 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:27 PM »
^ He has a better chance than Knight. The Hawks are for sale and having 4 all-stars may boost the selling price. Malamang si Korver and paboran ni Silver.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1943 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:27 PM »
You guys think may pag-asa pa si Korver sa All Star game?  I believe Wade has hamstring issues yata.  Or Barndon Knight has a better chance?

Either Korver or Knight would make a good replacement should Wade miss out due to injury ...... it's just that Korver is the more popular choice due to the HAWKS season.

Anyone would want to start a friendly bet / poll for the 3-point shootout ??

;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1944 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:34 PM »
Either Korver or Knight would make a good replacement should Wade miss out due to injury ...... it's just that Korver is the more popular choice due to the HAWKS season.

Anyone would want to start a friendly bet / poll for the 3-point shootout ??

;D
^ He has a better chance than Knight. The Hawks are for sale and having 4 all-stars may boost the selling price. Malamang si Korver and paboran ni Silver.

Korver kasi ako should Wade be unable to play.  Unlike kasi yun Pistons before, early forecasts had the hawks as a 6th seed.  Not 1st.  Kaya I think Korver deserves a slot as well.

Korver siguro ako bro newwaveboy. :)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1945 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:41 PM »

Korver siguro ako bro newwaveboy. :)

I'm kinda leaning a bit towards Redick (if he's healthy) than Korver ....... pwede bang 3 ang choice tutal stacked naman ang field?  ;D

I can just imagine the betting line in Vegas for the 3-point shootout !

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1946 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:44 PM »
I'm kinda leaning a bit towards Redick (if he's healthy) than Korver ....... pwede bang 3 ang choice tutal stacked naman ang field?  ;D

I can just imagine the betting line in Vegas for the 3-point shootout !

Hahaha!  Katuwaan lang naman... eh di Korver, Curry and Belinelli nga ako.   ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1947 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:46 PM »
Hahaha!  Katuwaan lang naman... eh di Korver, Curry and Belinelli nga ako.   ;D

Like my top 3 choices ..... then the basketball gods will defy everyone and have Harden win - dribbling the ball left-to-right before every shot (!)

Sige na nga ...... Redick FTW !

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1948 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 01:51 PM »
Thompson is my pick. Silang dalawa ni Harden sa final 2  >:D

Yung mananalo, magiging starter ng Western All-Stars to replace Kobe.  ;D

Edit: Sumali pala si MJ sa 3 pt shootout dati. He only scored 5 pts -- fewest pts. ever in 3Pt shootout history (tied w/ Detlef). Durant only scored 6 pts when he joined.

Harden, please beat MJ's record!   ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2015 at 02:07 PM by rusty »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1949 on: Feb 06, 2015 at 03:52 PM »
Kay Klay rin ako.  Baka splash brothers final 2 yan!