Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 557020 times)

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1950 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:14 AM »
i'll go with the previous champs irving and bellineli, 3rd curry. hehe

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1951 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 08:20 AM »
Norris Cole and Hassan Whiteside made a boo-boo in bound play. Expect this in Shaqtin' a fool!

You called it, sir :) Best blooper this week. The last one involving DeMarcus Cousins is a close second.

http://youtu.be/bcMUO5ZFE8g

EDIT: GSW v. ATL live now on NBA Premium. Pretty good game so far. First time to see a Hawks game this year :) Just realized that GSW has a pretty solid bench. Nothing is lost in terms of speed and defensive intensity when the starters sit. Waiting for the Korver-Klay shootout...
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015 at 09:21 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #1952 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 10:31 AM »
As expected, this ATL-GSW game is da bomb ....... both teams showing why they lead the NBA standings.

Great offense and defense from both teams - down the line, from starters to bench guys.

Budenholzer (and Ferry) has made the HAWKS into a clone of the SPURS ...... the way the SPURS Parker has the freedom to run the offense, so does the HAWKS Teague.

Everybody else knows his exact spot on the offensive end.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1953 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:04 AM »
The Hawks have beaten Bulls (2x), Cavs (2x), Blazers (2x), Wizards (2x), Clips (2x), Grizz, Rockets, Thunder, Mavs, Raptors & now Warriors.

ibang klase ang hawks  :o

bawi na lang sa rematch sa oakland -  march 18  :D
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:24 AM by rusty »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1954 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:29 AM »
Oo nga....when was the last time we saw this kind of team (Hawks)?  Closes nga ang 2004 Pistons.  But they were rated a lot higher naman during the pre-season.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1955 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:40 AM »
Oo nga....when was the last time we saw this kind of team (Hawks)?  Closes nga ang 2004 Pistons.  But they were rated a lot higher naman during the pre-season.

Assuming they win it all, indeed that 2004 PISTONS is probably the closest thing to these HAWKS ...... the only difference, these HAWKS came from nowhere - unheralded on a very weak East.

Their style of play can take them deep into the playoffs - where the games slooooow down considerably.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1956 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:45 AM »
Assuming they win it all, indeed that 2004 PISTONS is probably the closest thing to these HAWKS ...... the only difference, these HAWKS came from nowhere - unheralded on a very weak East.

Their style of play can take them deep into the playoffs - where the games slooooow down considerably.

Yup agree unheralded nga bro.  Lalo na.....came out of nowhere.  Sabi ko nga, sa hina na nga ng East... parang forecast pa nga sa kanila 6th.  So sportswriters did not take them seriously.  I'll do a little Googling.  hindi ako mapakali when was the last time this happened.  Hahaha!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1957 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:57 AM »
Ang engot kasi ng mga gumagawa ng preseason forecast na yan e. top 3 sa east ang hawks bago na-injured si Horford. projected nila top 6-8 lang daw ang hawks, btv projected them out of playoff contention entirely in favor of the knicks and nets  ;D

sa west naman, masyadong mababa ang forecast nila sa grizzlies. nakalimutan nila na na-injure si gasol kaya bumaba sa standings ang grizzlies.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:59 AM by rusty »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1958 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 11:58 AM »
Yup agree unheralded nga bro.  Lalo na.....came out of nowhere.  Sabi ko nga, sa hina na nga ng East... parang forecast pa nga sa kanila 6th.  So sportswriters did not take them seriously.  I'll do a little Googling.  hindi ako mapakali when was the last time this happened.  Hahaha!

Same here. Cant recall such an unheralded team placing this high on the standings, this point of the season.

Still many games to play though ..... hope the injury bug doesn't hit these HAWKS.

Sorry WARRIORS fans, I have this nagging feeling that Bogut or some other oft-injured player, is due for a stint on the injured list ....... history and statistics are against the defensive-stalwart Bogut being healthy for a good part of a season. Same with other bigs, like Nene, Lee, etc.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1959 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:01 PM »
^noooooooooooo.

ah si brandon rush.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:07 PM by rusty »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1960 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:09 PM »
Hehe, nag-sorry naman ako brader ....... it's too good to be true kasi, that guys like Bogut & Nene see considerable time in the playoffs.  ;D

Pero good for the WARRIORS if they sustain their top-seeding by the playoffs - Game 7's at your homecourt goes a long way in helping teams make it to the Finals.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1961 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:19 PM »
Hehe, nag-sorry naman ako brader ....... it's too good to be true kasi, that guys like Bogut & Nene see considerable time in the playoffs.  ;D

Pero good for the WARRIORS if they sustain their top-seeding by the playoffs - Game 7's at your homecourt goes a long way in helping teams make it to the Finals.

Medyo iniingatan nga nila sila si Bogut this year. They've sat him about 14(?) games w/ just minor injuries. Hopefully, he'll be fine.

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1962 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:35 PM »
Im glad you guys are taking notice of the hawks. Been a fan since they almost upset the celtics in thefirst round.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1963 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:41 PM »
Im glad you guys are taking notice of the hawks. Been a fan since they almost upset the celtics in thefirst round.

Hahaha!  Celtics fan here.  Was this the Bird-Nique shootout?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1964 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 12:45 PM »
Medyo iniingatan nga nila sila si Bogut this year. They've sat him about 14(?) games w/ just minor injuries. Hopefully, he'll be fine.

Yep....Bogut is the key sa playoffs.  I'm wondering nga why this is never or hardly discussed by sportswriters, sportscasters, NBA TV Open Court or TNT'S Inside the NBA.  Syempre yun always being discussed are the Splash Brothers.

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1965 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:05 PM »
Hahaha!  Celtics fan here.  Was this the Bird-Nique shootout?

I dont think I was born yet when that happened :D I was referring to the Iso-Joe, J.Smoove days with Bibby. Horford was a rookie (or a sopho?) when he taunted Pierce, and I thought that was amazing. I was in college back then. So yeah, definitely not the Nique era :D

Truth be told though, I never expected my Hawks to be this good this year. I really thought that their initial streaks this was just a fluke especially when they had a mediocre start like the usual. But damn, look at them now! Their chemistry really took off when Horford rejoined the roster.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:05 PM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1966 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:05 PM »
Yep....Bogut is the key sa playoffs.  I'm wondering nga why this is never or hardly discussed by sportswriters, sportscasters, NBA TV Open Court or TNT'S Inside the NBA.  Syempre yun always being discussed are the Splash Brothers.

The media likes headlines, and the Splash Brothers are the hot ticket nowadays - with good reason din naman.

Like I said, kapag nawala si Bogut for a period of time, expect the WARRIORS defense to show cracks ....... good for them, if they closely watch his minutes.

Bogut will be key come playoff time.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1967 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:05 PM »
Ang galing ni Anthony Davis winning 3pt shot! For the winning dagger!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1968 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:11 PM »
Truth be told though, I never expected my Hawks to be this good this year. I really thought that their initial streaks this was just a fluke especially when they had a mediocre start like the usual. But damn, look at them now! Their chemistry really took off when Horford rejoined the roster.

No one. Not even Nostradamus or Madam Auring predicted the HAWKS to place this high, this point of the season.  ;D

It just goes to show that good teams comes from good front office guys, coaching and picking the right players ...... Danny Ferry's long-term plans bearing fruit nowadays.

Unfortunate that he might not enjoy it for long though.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1969 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:12 PM »
I dont think I was born yet when that happened :D I was referring to the Iso-Joe, J.Smoove days with Bibby. Horford was a rookie (or a sopho?) when he taunted Pierce, and I thought that was amazing. I was in college back then. So yeah, definitely not the Nique era :D

Hahaha!  I never saw that game live though.  I was an infant then.  But lagi kong napanood sa highlights.  My dad had a huge collection of recorded Celtics game on VHS.  Alam ko pinapanood ko yun when I was really young.  But I think I know what season you were talking about.  Celtics fan nga... ;D  This was in 2008 first round.  First year of the Pierce-Garnett-Allen era.  Umabot nga ng game 7.

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1970 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 01:27 PM »
napakalakas na ng Atlanta Hawks ngayon...tinalo ang Golden State Warriors na number one team sa West!

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1972 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 03:44 PM »
woot woo >:D ganda ganda >:D >:D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1973 on: Feb 07, 2015 at 03:49 PM »
nakita ko na, di ba dapat sa "Hot" Thread eto...

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1974 on: Feb 09, 2015 at 01:29 AM »
RT @ramonashelburne: Details on Blake Griffin elbow surgery --> staph infection is in elbow he has drained; initial projection is 4-6 weeks

RT @ramonashelburne: To clarify: Griffin is out indefinitely due to serious nature of procedure but initial projection is 4-to-6 weeks out

Quote from: Zach Lowe
Clips are in toughest stretch of schedule. Not crazy to suggest they could go something like 3-10 in next 13 games. Playoff math gets tight.

That 13 games is about what Blake would miss if this is a 4-week recovery. Extend it to 6 weeks, and it obviously just gets uglier.

Meanwhile, Boston is sitting on the Clippers pick. Not sure who is giddier right now -- Ainge or @BillSimmons. Probably Simmons.

We're now gonna find out if the Hawes signing was worth it.

Delikado sa West, baka mahabol ng OKC, PHO at NOP

Pasok na ba si Lillard sa All-Star game?
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015 at 01:47 AM by rusty »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1975 on: Feb 09, 2015 at 03:09 AM »

yan ang hirap sa ibang teams, pag nagka-injury mga star nila laki ng laglag sa standings ... yung OKC hirap humabol ... yung San Antonio, last 2 games lang nakumpleto yung line-up nila this season pero di masyadong naiwanan - kung mabalik na yung game nila last year, likely angat na sila sa standings
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1976 on: Feb 09, 2015 at 08:48 AM »

Pasok na ba si Lillard sa All-Star game?
Yes Lilard will replace Griffin in the all star.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1977 on: Feb 09, 2015 at 12:57 PM »
^Lillard deserves it  :D

Natalo pala ng Grizzlies ang Hawks. I'll try to watch that game later.

Interesting to note that the Hawks also has the right to swap picks w/ the Nets. It's theoretically possible for them to win the championship and also get the #1 pick if the Nets end up in the lottery.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1978 on: Feb 10, 2015 at 02:11 PM »
Are there better one on one players today than Harden and Westbrook?  Both are damn near unstoppable when they are on it.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1979 on: Feb 10, 2015 at 02:47 PM »
I find Westbrook to be one of the best open court / fast break finisher, but not one on one.  For one on one, I think DRose/Lillard/Kyrie/Curry are better?  But that's just me...