Author Topic: Help on Speaker  (Read 809 times)

Offline bluecoffee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help on Speaker
« on: Jun 30, 2014 at 09:25 PM »
Guys, I wonder if there's a solution for this.. Will this compromise the sound of my speaker? Thanks!

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 at 09:25 PM by bluecoffee »

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Help on Speaker
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2014 at 09:44 PM »
Usually it doesn't affect the sound from the speakers, but aesthetically it's a problem.

Some people use vacuum cleaner to suck out the cone again.

Me, I use masking tape, apply it on the cone, and pull it swifty (YMMV, be careful if the material is delicate such as paper)
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 at 09:45 PM by RXV »
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline dts_hdma

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2014 at 09:46 PM »
Nasubukan ko na dati sa car speakers, vacuum cleaner lang babalik sa dati yan hehe.  ;)

Offline bluecoffee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2014 at 10:27 PM »
Thanks a lot for the prompt response mga Sir.. I tried the "masking tape" trick and it worked. Could have tried the vacuum cleaner should the masking tape didn't work.

Have a great night to you both! God bless!

Offline lifebringer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 01:04 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just a newbie and going to setup my ht for the first time and going to buy the fronts first due to a limited budget. I would like to ask for your help what speakers are better wharfedale 10.7 or dali zensor 7? What avr should match them that has a bluetooth bec. I would like to play the music through my smartphone. The speakers will be used 60% for music and 40% for movies. I really love to listen to music with clarity and detail. My budget is 18k to 30k for the speakers and 20-25k for the avr. Would you also please let me know where I can find any dealers for dali and wharfs? And if it is not too much to ask, would you also please let me know any dealer that you know who can provide the best price? Thank you very much in advance for your help! Looking forward to hear from you! God bless!

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 01:21 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just a newbie and going to setup my ht for the first time and going to buy the fronts first due to a limited budget. I would like to ask for your help what speakers are better wharfedale 10.7 or dali zensor 7? What avr should match them that has a bluetooth bec. I would like to play the music through my smartphone. The speakers will be used 60% for music and 40% for movies. I really love to listen to music with clarity and detail. My budget is 18k to 30k for the speakers and 20-25k for the avr. Would you also please let me know where I can find any dealers for dali and wharfs? And if it is not too much to ask, would you also please let me know any dealer that you know who can provide the best price? Thank you very much in advance for your help! Looking forward to hear from you! God bless!

I will go for dali zensor 7. You can audition it at architectural audio in greenbelt 5. You can ask the AA guys for advice in avr matching.