Author Topic: Question on the Holy Trinity  (Read 54678 times)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Question on the Holy Trinity
« Reply #60 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 05:06 PM »
Ang gulo-gulo nga, hahahahahaha
Anyway, I respect your reasons for believing what you believe.

Haha! Magulo talaga kung iisipin mo. Maski ako eh. Talagang mystery. Pero we cannot deny their existence of the three persona and their power. They all have the power to forgive and omnipresence sila. Hence judging by their powers kaya some of us believe that the 3 are all God, in 1 persona. As the saying goes, "tao lamang po.". Though we may prove the existence of the three, it would be safe for some of us to conclude, judging from their powers, that they are God.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #61 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 05:20 PM »
Haha! Magulo talaga kung iisipin mo. Maski ako eh. Talagang mystery. Pero we cannot deny their existence of the three persona and their power. They all have the power to forgive and omnipresence sila. Hence judging by their powers kaya some of us believe that the 3 are all God, in 1 persona. As the saying goes, "tao lamang po.". Though we may prove the existence of the three, it would be safe for some of us to conclude, judging from their powers, that they are God.

I don't deny the three. I don't deny the powers either. I just see that the source (Father) is greater than than the other two thus He alone is God for me. The powers of the two are from God, kumbaga representatives.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #62 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 05:25 PM »
Here's my view.

There is God the Father.
He became the Son when he came down on earth.
He is a spirit. A holy one.

Offline saro

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 05:45 PM »
1 corinthians 14:33:-Sapagkat ang Diyos ay isang Diyos, hindi ng kaguluhan, kundi ng kapayapaan..
tama naman na maging isa ang diyos at si jesus,pero ang pagiging isa nila ay hindi sa pagka diyos..ito ay pagiging isa sa layunin.kung paanong gusto ni jesus na maging kaisa din nila ng diyos ang mga tao(juan 17:11)..
but the core foundation of trinity if im not mistaken is that they share equality in sovereignity..pantay pantay..pero may mga bagay na hindi alam ni jesus,mathew 24:36-Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father
meron ding hindi kayang gawin si jesus-mathew 20:23- He said to them: “YOU will indeed drink my cup, but this sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.”

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #64 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 05:52 PM »
here's my point of view (and i'm agnostic, btw) and basing this only from a somewhat scientific point of view. God may be an entity that lives in a place with 4 (or more) dimensions (as described in string or M-theory) and thus the reason why he's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

he might be a higher dimensional being.

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 07:58 PM »

magulo talaga :)
may mga konsepto tayo paano ipapaliwanag yan pero di pa rin natin masasabing tama o accurate.
baka ang vatican alam nila, ayaw lang ipaliwanag dahil di rin natin maiintindihan. hehe.
hintayin na lang natin pagbabalik ni Jesus at ma re reveal din yang mystery na yan ;)

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:23 PM »
naguluhan yata ako.
created ba yung iniluwal ?

Quote from: china-man on Today at 04:27 PM
Buhat pa ng walang PASIMULA sya (Jesus Christ) ay nailabas o nailuwal na sa sinapupunan ng Ama sa langit....

Again this proves he is distinct from the one whom he came from. I agree that's why he is called the Son of God but the Son is not the Father. They are distinct from each other.

I believe Jesus was just a plan at that time and the plan came to fruition when he was born.

The only justification for God in creating Adam and Eve knowing they would commit sin is the fact that he has jesus in mind even before creating anything thus "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created"

I believe he was created too and distinct from God.

Jesus proved what Adam can not, man is created by God to live in his holiness and not in sin.

If Jesus came from the Father, then he is distinct from him from whom he came from.

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #67 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:42 PM »
Again this proves he is distinct from the one whom he came from. I agree that's why he is called the Son of God but the Son is not the Father. They are distinct from each other.

Opo bakit pa sya titingala sa langit sa tuwing mananalangin kung siya din pala yung Ama....kaya yang idea na TRINITY is not written in the bible, so this is a wrong idea...

Question: Will you RESPECT the WRONG IDEA? it will lead all the listeners in WRONG TEACHING... :)
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:43 PM by china-man »
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline AppleMan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:47 PM »
naguluhan yata ako.
created ba yung iniluwal ?

Quote from: china-man on Today at 04:27 PM
I believe Jesus was just a plan at that time and the plan came to fruition when he was born.

The only justification for God in creating Adam and Eve knowing they would commit sin is the fact that he has jesus in mind even before creating anything thus "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created"

I believe he was created too and distinct from God.

Jesus proved what Adam can not, man is created by God to live in his holiness and not in sin.

If Jesus came from the Father, then he is distinct from him from whom he came from.

Yung iniluwal in laymans term IPINANGANAK...
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:52 PM »
Yung iniluwal in laymans term IPINANGANAK...

ganun nga. pero "created" ba yung ipinanganak?
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:52 PM by majoe »

Offline AppleMan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:55 PM »
^_Hindi po iba yung Creation sa IPINANGANAK....kaya nga Dios din si Jesus Christ...Kaya nga Anak sya ng Dios..
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014 at 09:00 PM by china-man »
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 08:59 PM »
si Quitacet pala magulo. hehe.

^_Hindi po iba yung Creation sa IPINANGANAK....kaya nga Dios din si Jesus Christ...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #72 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 09:20 PM »
si Quitacet pala magulo. hehe.

Hindi po siya magulo. Naguguluhan din. Hehe!
Ang gulo-gulo nga, hahahahahaha
Anyway, I respect your reasons for believing what you believe.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:20 AM »
As I understand it.  God is one.  The Trinity is a manifestation of God in different forms BUT all three can exist at the same time.  They are not co-equals as they are ONE.  So when the Bible mentioned that "Before Abraham, I AM..." it is not contradictory, as Jesus is the same as the Father.  Us, Earthlings, can only understand this on earthly terms, so we refer to Jesus as The Son (as He is born to a person, thus the term "Son of Man").   

Our human mind has it's limits and can't understand it fully (hence it is called a Mystery).  And that where, FAITH comes in.   It's not FAITH if we can rationalize and prove it.

As for those obscure laws (as the one on rape).  The Old Testament had lot of laws that would seem ridiculous in our age. It should be read in the context of its time.  AND that the NEW TESTAMENT, with the coming of Jesus represent the  NEW COVENANT that supercede the old.  Most Christian celebrate the Eucharist but we don't slaughter lambs as sacrifice, do we?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM »
kaya yang idea na TRINITY is not written in the bible, so this is a wrong idea...

Question: Will you RESPECT the WRONG IDEA? it will lead all the listeners in WRONG TEACHING... :)

with due respect, i disagree that the concept of the trinity is not in the bible nor it is a wrong teaching...unless you are not a christian.
Some who questions  the Trinity doctrine often claim that the word Trinity is not found in the Scripture. Of course, there is no verse that says "God is three Persons" or "God is a Trinity." This is all quite evident and true, strictly speaking, but it proves nothing. There are many words and phrases that Christians use, which are not found in the Bible. For example, the word "Bible" is not found in the Bible.
     More to the point, others claim that the Trinity doctrine and the Trinitarian view of God’s nature and being can’t be proven from the Bible. Since the books of the Bible are not written as theological tracts, this may seem on the surface to be true. There is no statement in Scripture that says, "God is three Persons in one being.
     However, the New Testament does bring God (Father), the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit together in such a way as to strongly imply the Trinitarian nature of God. here are some passage that implies a trinitarian implication.

1.     All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all       nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit [Matthew 28:19].
2.     May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all [2 Corinthians 13:14].
3.     To God’s elect. . .who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood [1 Peter 1:1-2].

Certainly, those passages and many more show that the New testament faith is implicitly trinitarian. Of course, it’s true that none of these passages say directly that "God is a trinity or this is the trinitarian doctrine.  But they don’t need to. The books of the New testament are not formal, point by point treatises of doctrine. Nonetheless, these and other Scriptures speak easily and without any self-consciousness of God (Father), Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit working together.
WCH CM U?

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:21 AM »
For me, God (the Father) and Jesus are two different individuals. Remember the scene in Gethsemane? Jesus is praying to God (the Father). And again when he was on the cross: Luke 23:24 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. (King James Version)

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #76 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 05:23 AM »
To fully understand the meaning of Trinity, you need to experience how Trinity works. :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #77 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 06:33 AM »
To fully understand the meaning of Trinity, you need to experience how Trinity works. :)

so have you experienced how the Trinity works, sir dpogs?

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM »

i experienced before ;)
nakakatakot. sakit sa ulo at feeling pagod na pagod.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM by majoe »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #79 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM »
For me, God (the Father) and Jesus are two different individuals. Remember the scene in Gethsemane? Jesus is praying to God (the Father). And again when he was on the cross: Luke 23:24 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. (King James Version)

If Jesus is also God the father, then He was actually praying to himself? But he was not saved. So God the son, the flesh, died and at that moment one position in the Holy Trinity had become vacant.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline panzimus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM »
If Jesus is also God the father, then He was actually praying to himself?

Exactly my point, they are not the same. Why would He be praying/talking to himself. It clearly shows He is praying/talking to a different person, to His Father to be exact.

i experienced before ;)
nakakatakot. sakit sa ulo at feeling pagod na pagod.

I mean no disrespect at all, I'm just wondering. God is holy, why would there be a sense of fear and pain? Di ba dapat a sense of peace and well-being kung ang naramdaman natin is galing kay God?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM »
If Jesus is also God the father, then He was actually praying to himself? But he was not saved. So God the son, the flesh, died and at that moment one position in the Holy Trinity had become vacant.

When he became a man, he was a man. Limited by his humanity. Limited by the knowledge known at the time. He feels like any other man. Gets angry, frustrated, hurt, jealous, scared, etc. And just like any other man, prays for strength.

Offline panzimus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:57 AM »
Bro bumblebee, why would Jesus be limited by the knowledge known at the time when he became human? He is the Son of God, nagkaroon lang sya ng flesh that time which He still have until now as part of His promise of salvation to us. When He was resurrected after three days and after He visited His apostles, He ascended to heaven with His body. So Him having flesh won't hinder Him having the knowledge that He is the Son of God, He knows His Father's plan and He knows He is our Saviour.

But I agree, he felt what it feels to become human and prays for strength, prays to His Father which is in heaven.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #83 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:03 PM »
When he became a man, he was a man. Limited by his humanity. Limited by the knowledge known at the time. He feels like any other man. Gets angry, frustrated, hurt, jealous, scared, etc. And just like any other man, prays for strength.

So limited by his knowledge brought about by his human state, he actually did not know that he is God himself.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline NongP

• Collector
  • Patience is a Virtue
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #84 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM »
pero nabuhay nya yun patay, make the blind see & the cripple walk.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #85 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM »
pero nabuhay nya yun patay, make the blind see & the cripple walk.

so says the Bible.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #86 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:28 PM »
My professor in Philosophy 101 had a favorite example of fallacy:

The Bible is the Word of God.
How do you know that it is the Word of God?
Because it says so in the Bible.

In one assignment, the task was to watch an evangelical telecast, note down five fallacies, and identify what type of fallacies they were.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM by SiCkBoY »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:05 PM »
Bro bumblebee, why would Jesus be limited by the knowledge known at the time when he became human? He is the Son of God, nagkaroon lang sya ng flesh that time which He still have until now as part of His promise of salvation to us. When He was resurrected after three days and after He visited His apostles, He ascended to heaven with His body. So Him having flesh won't hinder Him having the knowledge that He is the Son of God, He knows His Father's plan and He knows He is our Saviour.

Well if he was such a genius, he would have taught the civilization back then calculus and invented the IPad:) Kidding aside, I'd like to think so. He needed to be human to redeem us as a human. It would be such a waste if he was still God, why go through all the trouble if he can just snap his fingers.

Offline NongP

• Collector
  • Patience is a Virtue
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #88 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:09 PM »
so says the Bible.
are there any other book?

Offline Quitacet