Author Topic: Red Band Society  (Read 500 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Red Band Society
« on: Aug 27, 2014 at 09:23 PM »

Although Fox's hospital-set dramedy "Red Band Society" is one of the few network series launching this fall that could reasonably be described as unique, showrunner Margaret Nagle spent a lot of time discussing influences at the TCA 2014 summer press tour.

For one, the series is based on a successful Spanish drama called "Polseres Vermelles" that launched in 2011. Steven Spielberg snagged the remake rights for DreamWorks the same year and an American adaptation has been in the works ever since. Just like the original, the show follows six teens of various backgrounds united by the fact they're all facing long-term hospital stays for rare diseases. Oscar winner Octavia Spencer plays the lead nurse in their ward, equal parts bossy and nurturing.

If the premise sounds a bit like "The Breakfast Club," with a hospital filling in for detention, the cast and crew agree it's not far off...

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/press-tour-foxs-red-band-society-takes-cues-from-orange-is-the-new-black-breaking-bad-breakfast-club#bdJeXy8FPL1tRlt4.99

=====

Just watched the pilot episode. Wow. Of the Fall 2014-2015 pilots that have been released ahead of time, this is the frontrunner in my book. Really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the second episode.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2014 at 09:25 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Red Band Society
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2014 at 05:36 PM »
I thought I wouldn't get pass thru the pilot until the turning point.