Author Topic: Rotel Voltage Selector  (Read 394 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Rotel Voltage Selector
« on: Jun 28, 2021 at 07:33 PM »
I opened the back plate of this poweramp and found a voltage selector knob. What voltage should I choose? Our electricity reaches 240v sometimes but is always more than 220v. I already tested the amp at 240v setting and it works like a charm. Just want to set it correctly before I close back the cover. Thanks 😊

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
Re: Rotel Voltage Selector
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:12 PM »
I opened the back plate of this poweramp and found a voltage selector knob. What voltage should I choose? Our electricity reaches 240v sometimes but is always more than 220v. I already tested the amp at 240v setting and it works like a charm. Just want to set it correctly before I close back the cover. Thanks 😊

Bro it should be 240. That's what we used when the voltage of my old Rotel CDP was changed and no issues naman. Be wary though that we changed as well the internal fuse since the one that came with mine was for a 110V application.  A technician did that for me back then.  You can send them an email (Rotel) muna to cover all bases for the voltage conversion just to be sure.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:23 PM »
You are right, I need to replace all the fuses to suit 240v which is half the current fuse rating. Right now it is fitted with 4.5A. Need to replace them with 2.25A, hopefully if I could find one.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:32 PM »
You are right, I need to replace all the fuses to suit 240v which is half the current fuse rating. Right now it is fitted with 4.5A. Need to replace them with 2.25A, hopefully if I could find one.

Good thing you asked muna hehehe. Well the worst case scenario naman siguro is that you will blow the fuses.  Good luck on your hunt for the correct fuse values.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:43 PM »
Good thing you asked muna hehehe. Well the worst case scenario naman siguro is that you will blow the fuses.  Good luck on your hunt for the correct fuse values.

I need to find the correct fuses otherwise if there's a problem, the fuse won't blow as current is double the rating for 220v.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:47 PM »
I need to find the correct fuses otherwise if there's a problem, the fuse won't blow as current is double the rating for 220v.

sa Lazada kami nakabili dati ng fuse. Im sure they have what you need.   
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 08:50 PM »
sa Lazada kami nakabili dati ng fuse. Im sure they have what you need.   

Ok, check ko sa lazada. Sukatin ko muna size. Thanks

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2021 at 10:14 PM »
I reviewed the photos and noticed the 4.5A fuses were connected to the secondary winding of the trafos. These should not be changed as the voltage outputs are the same mo matter the primary is set to 120v or 240v. Will open the amp again and check if there's a fuse on the primary side.

The two 7A fuses in the middle of the circuit board are connected to the speaker outputs so that should be left as well.