Author Topic: HELP: Probox 4-Bay Enclosure Power Supply Issues  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Peorth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: HELP: Probox 4-Bay Enclosure Power Supply Issues
« Reply #30 on: Mar 27, 2020 at 04:57 AM »
Sorry to bump this thread but, in light of the covid thingy, I started to tinker again with my HT which I havent been using for awhile. Alas, when I started everything, everything else worked except for my Probox. There is also no light in the LED indicator of the power adaptor.

1. There is a seller in Shopee that sells the exact adapter, anyone tried that seller already?
2. What are my other options instead of buying the same adapter? Something tells me, the power adapter is really the weakest link of this product and getting exactly the same adapter wil prolly give me the same problem pretty soon.

Thanks

I have three 4-bay Probox units, one which had the circuit board die early. Of the three power supplies (adapters) of the Proboxes, only one is still working. Thus I think you are correct in saying that the power adapter of the Probox is of low quality.

The good thing about the Probox adapter is that it only supplies a single voltage, 12 volts, which is a very common voltage for power supplies. Moreover, the pin layout of the plug (it has 4 pins) is clearly marked on the power adapter, so you know what pins are +12V and which are ground. What does this mean? It's very easy to DIY a power supply for the Probox. For example, you can use a computer power supply unit salvaged from an old unused desktop computer and it won't cost you anything. Alternatively, you can buy a more reliable 12V power supply (minimum of 5A) than the one being sold for the Probox and just wire the power cable from the broken adapter.

In my case, since I use the Probox with my desktop computer, I simply decided to tap the 12V from the computer's PSU using a little bit of DIY skills:

Offline tagilid

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Collector
  • yosi break!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2020 at 10:15 AM »
If you are a little handy in electronics and may have an old but reliable laptop psu laying around, you can buy a dc to dc buck converter in shopee for 250 pesos. This device converts 20 Vdc laptop psu to 12 volts with constant current. Actually, you can set it to any voltage lower than the source. However, it looks ugly with the circuit board exposed but you can find a case though.

Here's my re-purposed laptop psu used in powering an 8-ch CCTV.

Here's a youtube tutorial
https://youtu.be/4IQBN6Oy8Lg

ot hi sir weng did you pair your sonoff with alexa?

Offline Julio5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Jun 03, 2020 at 03:37 PM »
gud day mga sirs...i just inquiring where to buy a M6 lamination and the likes..pls direct me thanks alot