Author Topic: Ceiling Speakers Recommendation?  (Read 663 times)

Offline ramonvinzon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ceiling Speakers Recommendation?
« on: Mar 02, 2015 at 06:10 PM »
Hi guys!

Pardon me for the noob questions, but I am very new to this Forum. I'm quite glad to have stumbled upon it because it seems that there are quite a lot of Audio gurus lounging around here. :)

Anyway, I am currently taking charge of installation of ceiling speakers for a boutique hotel project. I plan on installing around 15 ceiling speakers for the whole property for PIPED-IN music only. Because of the nature of its use (which is really just for ambiance while walking around the hotel's lobby and hallways), sound quality does not need to meet the audiophile-expectations of most members in this forum.  ;D

Decent sound quality is more than sufficient, actually.

Just a few questions:

1. I purchased TOA 658r from 5th Avenue. Are these any good?
2. What type of Mixer/Amplifier would you suggest I use? Low power consumption and durability are key - because music will be played almost 24/7 since it's for a hotel.
3. I purchased gauge-14 speaker cables from RAON (sa tabi-tabi lang). They're transparent red cables with a blue stripe - pretty much all the stores in the area supply the same cable (@ 1,100 per 100m roll). Are these any good?

I hope the 3rd question will qualify my topic to the "INTERCONNECTS" section of the forum. Hehe.  :D

Hoping for your guidance, masters! :)