Author Topic: Tube amp + DAC  (Read 1749 times)

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Tube amp + DAC
« on: Apr 20, 2015 at 08:20 AM »
I have a tube amp (Cayin LA34) that id like to hook up on my pc.  Would there be a significant difference on sq if I use a DAC?  As much as possible, I dont want the tube sound to get affected.  Can you recommend a DAC that does that (basically no coloration)?

Thanks!

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tube amp + DAC
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2015 at 08:36 AM »
I have a tube amp (Cayin LA34) that id like to hook up on my pc.  Would there be a significant difference on sq if I use a DAC?  As much as possible, I dont want the tube sound to get affected.  Can you recommend a DAC that does that (basically no coloration)?

Thanks!

Definitely it will sound better but depending on your budget. I would suggest a DAC that is using the old school technology like the Teradak V3.1D that is using the old philips TDA1543 chip as this fleshes out the mids. Newer dac chips gives you more extension on both ends at the expense of the midrange. This Teradak is also friendly to your pocket.

http://www.teradak.com/products/62.html
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2015 at 08:39 AM »
Definitely it will sound better but depending on your budget. I would suggest a DAC that is using the old school technology like the Teradak V3.1D that is using the old philips TDA1543 chip as this fleshes out the mids. Newer dac chips gives you more extension on both ends at the expense of the midrange. This Teradak is also friendly to your pocket.

http://www.teradak.com/products/62.html

Is that teradak available locally? If ues, where?

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2015 at 03:26 PM »
I am not sure if it is available sa Pinas but you could order on their online store.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere