Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 605532 times)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *JUNE 26 DRAFT DAY*
« Reply #60 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 05:28 AM »
Love opt out. Baka di na Cavs to.. Wade to Cleveland? ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #61 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 06:09 AM »
Love opt out. Baka di na Cavs to.. Wade to Cleveland? ;D
Mas logical yata for him money-wise to opt out. Mas tataas sweldo nya  for this year. I think from 16m pwedeng magjump to 19m sweldo nya just by opting out, based on what i have read. So opting out doesnt really mean he is leaving.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #62 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 07:25 AM »
Here come the trades: Woj reports that Portland is trading Nicolas Batum to the Charlotte Hornets for Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh. Looks like the Blazers are anticipating that Wesley Matthews - at the very least - is not returning.
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #63 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 07:49 AM »
Here come the trades: Woj reports that Portland is trading Nicolas Batum to the Charlotte Hornets for Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh. Looks like the Blazers are anticipating that Wesley Matthews - at the very least - is not returning.

To add with Vonleh, they have a contingency for Aldridge leaving.  That makes Afflalo the starting 3.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #64 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 07:57 AM »
Nag opt out na rin ata si afflalo eh. Blazers blowing it up?

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:05 AM »
^ Yes, I read earlier this week that Afflalo elected to become a free agent, so he is also not likely to remain a Blazer. LaMarcus Aldridge might end up in Texas - either in his hometown in Dallas or... in San Antonio  :o  Baka puro mga Marcus ang mabasa natin sa trades in the coming days :)

I'm down with a Cousins-to-Lakers move if they can keep Randle and Clarkson. That would be great.

Ako naman, I prefer that the Lakers keep their pick and young assets. I also doubt if the Kings would be willing to help out the Lakers :)  Baka Boston ang makakuha kay Cousins.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:06 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:05 AM »
Yup just read it now.  But I think it's cheaper to retain Afflalo rather than re-signing Matthews. 

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:11 AM »
According to Adrian Woj, Boston is pursuing Love, Pierce and Robin Lopez.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:22 AM »
^ I think any deal involving Kevin Love moving to Boston would entail Olynyk being shipped out :)
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:27 AM »
^ I think any deal involving Kevin Love moving to Boston would entail Olynyk being shipped out :)

If it's a S&T, probably.  Otherwise I believe Love has forgiven Olynyk already.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 08:35 AM »
Ako naman, I prefer that the Lakers keep their pick and young assets. I also doubt if the Kings would be willing to help out the Lakers :)  Baka Boston ang makakuha kay Cousins.

yep, highly doubtful that they give Cousins to a division rival. And if they do, we'll know Vlade is actually a Buss employee. :D

I read Ainge offered Marcus Smart + some picks for Philly's #3 pick AND Nerlens Noel. HAHA! Nice try, Ainge. Hinkie might not be the brightest bulb out there but that offer was just silly. They basically asked Philly to give them Russell and Nerlens Noel for Marcus Smart.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM »
^Hinkie is a genius, dude. C'mon...

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #72 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM »
I read Ainge offered Marcus Smart + some picks for Philly's #3 pick AND Nerlens Noel. HAHA! Nice try, Ainge. Hinkie might not be the brightest bulb out there but that offer was just silly. They basically asked Philly to give them Russell and Nerlens Noel for Marcus Smart.

Natawa din ako nung nabasa ko 'to eh. Baka kahit sa 2K hindi papayag yung AI sa trade na yan.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:12 AM »
^Hinkie is a genius, dude. C'mon...

At tanking? YES! Right now I am not impressed with his moves so far. My opinion of him may change IF his master plan comes to fruition.

He does have Noel, Embiid and Saric and probably Russell, too, if the Lakers don't snag him first. :D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM »
^ You described him almost as if  he was Billy Knight or something  ;D

Para namang hindi ka familiar sa thought process ng isang tanking team. Extreme nga lang ang approach ni Hinkie.

First move pa lang nya as a rebuilding GM, ang galing na -- Jrue for Noel + 1st rd pick. Then he used that pick to hostage Elfrid Payton, and got the 1st rd pick they owed to the Magic back.

Look at the list of assets they acquired in the past 2 years - https://twitter.com/WingsandYuengs/status/602119852782915584

Tapos tingnan mo ang contract ni Covington, Grant, Hollis., Sampson  :o

The long con....  ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM by rusty »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:54 AM »

Love that trade. Meron pa daw follow up - Jeremy Lamb for Matt Barnes. Barnes likely to be waived or sent elsewhere - https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/613849587506397184

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM »
^ You described him almost as if  he was Billy Knight or something  ;D

Para namang hindi ka familiar sa thought process ng isang tanking team. Extreme nga lang ang approach ni Hinkie.

First move pa lang nya as a rebuilding GM, ang galing na -- Jrue for Noel + 1st rd pick. Then he used that pick to hostage Elfrid Payton, and got the 1st rd pick they owed to the Magic back.

Look at the list of assets they acquired in the past 2 years - https://twitter.com/WingsandYuengs/status/602119852782915584

Tapos tingnan mo ang contract ni Covington, Grant, Hollis., Sampson  :o

The long con....  ;)

Yeah, he is no Billy Knight or Kahn, that's for sure. But the result of his maneuvering remains to be seen. He might be following Sam Presti's footwork with developing young talents and maybe we will see them rise in the next few years. But until then, I don't really know. It will be another tank season for them this year.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM »
Yeah ok naman si Sam Hinkie. Patience lang talaga ang puhunan. Compare it sa Lakers who are tanking as well.  Resign Kobe to a ridiculous 2 year contract, resigning Nick Young likewise to a ridiculous contract. Mortgaging future picks in exchange for Steve Nash and Dwight Howard, signing Pringles instead of Phil Jackson, losing Pau Gasol, etc.  Sam Hinkie knows he is tanking,  Fully aware siya.  Yun Lakers nga lang are doing all of these tanking with the mentality na championship or bust daw.  Hindi raw sila tanking.  In denial lang.   ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:05 PM »
Low protection for picks for the Nash+Howard combo = hindsight is always 20/20 of course.

Did anyone foresee the Howard to Lakers move to fail? Heck, after the Lakers pulled off those offseason moves, they were the automatic favorites to win it all in the West. Lakers vs Heat na daw e. Who would have thought that they would fail so miserably and that Dwight would shun the Lakers? Mitch took a gamble. It failed.

The Lakers is not a patient franchise. It won't wait for a 30-year championship drought like the Celtics did. :D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM »
^Looking back, parang nanalo pa rin ang Lakers sa D12 trade.

Di ba nag-offer ng max extension ang Lakers kay Bynum kung hindi natuloy ang D12 trade? Damn, imagine if Bynum was still in the books.... :o

More on the potential Boogie trade:
Kings vice president Vlade Divac has pursued a deal that would potentially include the Lakers' No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson and "other draft assets," Yahoo said.

Additionally, Sacramento is believed to want to unload Carl Landry's $13.5 million contract as part of the deal.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/24/kings-lakers-demarcus-cousins-trade-framework-exchanged-george-karl

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM »
^Looking back, parang nanalo pa rin ang Lakers sa D12 trade.

Di ba nag-offer ng max extension ang Lakers kay Bynum kung hindi natuloy ang D12 trade? Damn, imagine if Bynum was still in the books.... :o

More on the potential Boogie trade:

haha

yep, Bynum was bound to get paid na that time. Tapos nag-inquire Magic kung sinu-sino willing si Mitch na bitawan sa trade. Sabi nya si Bynum lang. Thus began the Bynum tragic hair era in Philly. LOL!

From rumors I've read re: Cousins trade - Mitch is only offering the #2 pick and will not budge to offer Clarkson and/or Randle. Good call. I mean, really, it's better for the Lakers to build with good character kids like Randle/Clarkson/Okafor or Russell than to budge and gamble on Cousins who might not be a great building block of a future championship team.

Do it, Ainge. :D
Per a league source, Minnesota Timberwolves have discussed trading Anthony Bennett, Nos. 31 and 38 to the Boston Celtics for pick No. 28.

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/613712887635427328
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM »
Low protection for picks for the Nash+Howard combo = hindsight is always 20/20 of course.

Did anyone foresee the Howard to Lakers move to fail? Heck, after the Lakers pulled off those offseason moves, they were the automatic favorites to win it all in the West. Lakers vs Heat na daw e. Who would have thought that they would fail so miserably and that Dwight would shun the Lakers? Mitch took a gamble. It failed.

The Lakers is not a patient franchise. It won't wait for a 30-year championship drought like the Celtics did. :D

Hahaha!  Exag ka naman.  22 years lang.  The Lakers may not wait 20 years...but in 2 years time, they have achieved the number 1 and 2.... worst record in franchise history in just a matter of 2years.  Also I can't remember the last time they missed the playoffs back to back.  It's very likely they would miss it again this season....I'm pretty sure first time na 3 straight years to miss the playoffs and that would be the first time in franchise history din.  Paurong yun mga records na sineset ng Lakers right now.   ;D

I agree hindsight is 20/20.  So we have yet to see if Hinkie made the right moves or not. 

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:53 PM »
Hahaha!  Exag ka naman.  22 years lang.  The Lakers may not wait 20 years...but in 2 years time, they have achieved the number 1 and 2.... worst record in franchise history in just a matter of 2years.  Also I can't remember the last time they missed the playoffs back to back.  It's very likely they would miss it again this season....I'm pretty sure first time na 3 straight years to miss the playoffs and that would be the first time in franchise history din.  Paurong yun mga records na sineset ng Lakers right now.   ;D

I agree hindsight is 20/20.  So we have yet to see if Hinkie made the right moves or not. 

RE:hinkie

yes, i agree. That's why I said my opinion of him may change once his plans come to fruition. If not, then he'll be that guy who traded MCW for a bag of doritos.

RE: Celtics

Oh, akala ko 30years. Sure felt like it. haha (I kid, i kid.)

Ok lang saken yan mga negative records yung mga back-to-back na di naka-playoffs basta makita kong nag-iimprove yung talent. Tsaka ok lang yun, naka-playoffs man yung Celtics this year, tabla pa din sila sa Lakers ng number of Playoffs wins in the past 2years = 0. :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:03 PM »
Ok lang saken yan mga negative records yung mga back-to-back na di naka-playoffs basta makita kong nag-iimprove yung talent. Tsaka ok lang yun, naka-playoffs man yung Celtics this year, tabla pa din sila sa Lakers ng number of Playoffs wins in the past 2years = 0. :D

Hahaha!  Oo nga naman.  Gawin na natin kahit 3 years yun Lakers. ;D....compare mo nga naman yun 1 year (0-4 vs Cavs) against 3 years ng Lakers:
1st year:     0-4 versus Spurs (only year with Howard/Kobe/Nash/Gasol)
2nd year:    Lottery
3rd year:     Lottery

Lyamado pa Lakers nyan... 3 years versus 1.  Wala pa franchise players and Boston nyan.  Record setting din yun playoffs versus sa Spurs.... biggest winning margin against the Lakers in franchise history rin.... an ave of 20pts yata.   ;D ;D  Another record setting pace na naman.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:05 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:16 PM »
Hahaha!  Oo nga naman.  Gawin na natin kahit 3 years yun Lakers. ;D....compare mo nga naman yun 1 year (0-4 vs Cavs) against 3 years ng Lakers:
1st year:     0-4 versus Spurs (only year with Howard/Kobe/Nash/Gasol)
2nd year:    Lottery
3rd year:     Lottery

Lyamado pa Lakers nyan... 3 years versus 1.  Wala pa franchise players and Boston nyan.  Record setting din yun playoffs versus sa Spurs.... biggest winning margin against the Lakers in franchise history rin.... an ave of 20pts yata.   ;D ;D  Another record setting pace na naman.

I haven't been bothered by those playoffs exit. The ones that mattered to me were those losses to Detroit in 2004 and Boston in 2008. The rest, I couldn't care less. Oh, the 2003 playoffs exit versus the Spurs also kinda hurt. 4-peat naging itlog. :D

The drubbing the Lakers got from the Celtics in 2008...Man. That sucked big time. Anyway, so much for the old days. At least it has only been 5 years since the Lakers last won a title. 7 years na for Boston. 15 years more to go, I guess? :D Yan ha may head start Celtics na 2 years sa drought so dapat mas maaga makapag-compete sa championship.

Seriously, the East is Lebron's playground so unless he joins the Celtics, I doubt that they'll sniff a finals berth during the Lebron era. It's tougher in the West, but I am hoping that the year 2016 will be favorable for the Lakers.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:18 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:23 PM »
I haven't been bothered by those playoffs exit. The ones that mattered to me were those losses to Detroit in 2004 and Boston in 2008. The rest, I couldn't care less. Oh, the 2003 playoffs exit versus the Spurs also kinda hurt. 4-peat naging itlog. :D

The drubbing the Lakers got from the Celtics in 2008...Man. That sucked big time. Anyway, so much for the old days. At least it has only been 5 years since the Lakers last won a title. 7 years na for Boston. 15 years more to go, I guess? :D Yan ha may head start Celtics na 2 years sa drought so dapat mas maaga makapag-compete sa championship.

Seriously, the East is Lebron's playground so unless he joins the Celtics, I doubt that they'll sniff a finals berth during the Lebron era. It's tougher in the West, but I am hoping that the year 2016 will be favorable for the Lakers.

Like you said nga.... basta nakikita mong nag iimprove, ok na.  From 25 wins to 40 with no franchise player in the line up.... ok na siguro yun di ba?  40 wins with no one averaging 20PPG, not bad.   :D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:29 PM »
Like you said nga.... basta nakikita mong nag iimprove, ok na.  From 25 wins to 40 with no franchise player in the line up.... ok na siguro yun di ba?  40 wins with no one averaging 20PPG, not bad.   :D

Lagyan natin ng note though:

*while playing in the weak Eastern Conference

But yes, your team has a good coach. The personnel is lacking though. Maybe your luck will change if you snag someone really good soon. And I think you ought to. Because the Heat and Pacers might be making a run for the playoffs this coming season.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:42 PM »
Lagyan natin ng note though:

*while playing in the weak Eastern Conference

Bakit kailangan pa lagyan ng note?   ;D Hindi naman kasalanan ng Celtics nasa East sila.  Then never naman magiging East team ang Lakers.  Para na rin sinabi lagyan natin ng note ang NBA Champion Golden State Warriors.....

"Champions while beating the Cavs who were without injured stars Irving, Love and Varejao."   ;D ;D 

If a team sucks... then they suck no matter what conference they are.   :D :D

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #89 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:46 PM »
Dyan ako kinakabahan, sa Lakers. I just hope maunahan ng Boston Celtics ang rebuilding and winning a championship before The Lakers. Ayoko kse mahabol at mag tie sa banner 17 :-).
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd