Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 610236 times)

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *JUNE 26 DRAFT DAY*
« Reply #180 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:20 AM »
Well Kupchak has won 4 championships (2001,2002,2009&2010) as a Lakers GM vs Ainge's what? = 1!

I don't think it's that debatable and like the Lakers, I don't see the Celtics winning a championship soon  ;D

I did not say though Kupchak is doing poorly.  The issue was the comparison between Ainge and Kupchak. To which I answered.....debatable. ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #181 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM »
Well Kupchak has won 4 championships (2001,2002,2009&2010) as a Lakers GM vs Ainge's what? = 1!

I don't think it's that debatable and like the Lakers, I don't see the Celtics winning a championship soon  ;D

Hahaha!  Of course bring up the past!   ;D  Classic move talaga yan.  Medyo na off-topic.  Sa pagkakaintindi ko ha.  When Munskie mentioned he has more faith in Kupchak, he was referring to the current rebuilding strategies ng both Celtics and Lakers.  Kaya nga he said he has more faith in Kupchak to turn around the Lakers in quicker time than the Celtics.  Kaya nga yun link ko..about rebuilding rin.  Classic move though.  Karamihan ng Lakers yan ang go to move.   ;D  Bring up na rin yun 16 banners.  Hehehe! 
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:48 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM »
But of course! Since we're comparing the performance of the 2 GMs we have to look at their track records. It's a classic move because it is logical and one that is backed by numbers  ;)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:58 AM »
But of course! Since we're comparing the performance of the 2 GMs we have to look at their track records. It's a classic move because it is logical and one that is backed by numbers  ;)

Well track records and classic moves haven't prevented the Lakers from being the 80s/90s Clippers tough.. that being the current punchline and laughingstock of the NBA.   ;D

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM »
For one, the Lakers struggle roots from its leadership and I think they have addressed it since Jeanie is the "bigger" voice now. And since you have admitted that Kupchak isnt doing a poor job, laughing stock or not future is also bright for the Lakers. Hey, they might even win a championship before this current Clippers do. Kupchak's  strength has always been free agency so we'll see soon enough.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM »
For one, the Lakers struggle roots from its leadership and I think they have addressed it since Jeanie is the "bigger" voice now. And since you have admitted that Kupchak isnt doing a poor job, laughing stock or not future is also bright for the Lakers. Hey, they might even win a championship before this current Clippers do. Kupchak's  strength has always been free agency so we'll see soon enough.

Again I did not say Kupchak isn't doing poorly.  I also did not say Kupchak is doing great or satisfactory as well.  So I did not admit to anything.  What I was commenting on was Kupchak's current rebuilding strategy/decisions versus Ainge's.... that's the one that is debatable   ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #186 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 01:08 PM »
I'm far from being a LAKERS fan, but it was just a few years ago, when Kupchak hit a (yet another) seemingly home-run when he snagged both Nash & Dwight ....... the kind of move which likely makes you a contender.

Everything affects everything - injuries and some other things happened and the LAKERS didn't win a championship. So, break it up again and rebuild from there.

Ainge's CELTICS meanwhile has been on a longer rebuilding plan - stock up on picks and value signings until they pay out or until that next big free agent signing.

Bottomline, cant really compare the two since they didn't start and deal with the same set of circumstances. Over-paying Kobe was probably imminent given his standing as a player and his past achievements.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 01:08 PM »
Go Lakers!!! :)

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #188 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 01:25 PM »
la lakers suck... oh pls... dont bring the past, nasa 2015-2016 NBA thread tayo :):):)

bawi bawi na lang lakers kapag wala na si matandang kobe :):):)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #189 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 04:36 PM »
Sport Science: D'Angelo Russell

Excited na rin ako for next season  :D
We deserve better.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 05:31 PM »
Eto para third party point of view  ;D ......and of course the article reflects on the respective GMs Ainge and Kupchak.
 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1941796-divergent-paths-have-celtics-future-looking-brighter-than-lakers

intay intay na lang kung sino mauuna maka pag champion between LAL & BOS..

LAL pa rin yan hehehehe

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #191 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 07:12 PM »
^ Boston Celtics yan :-)!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #192 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 07:55 PM »
great pick by LA. now they have a talented back court in Russel and Clarkson. Mitch has to do some wheeling and dealing for a big. Aldridge, Gasol, Love and Boogie are all available.

my best guess is that they drafted Russel because they already got a commitment from a big. There is also talk that a certain Jimmy B from the East is also on their radar.

Good times are back in LA indeed. Not championship material yet but they will compete.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #193 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 07:58 PM »
intay intay na lang kung sino mauuna maka pag champion between LAL & BOS..

LAL pa rin yan hehehehe
Wala yan. 2014 pa yan before the 2014 draft happened. We all know we got lucky with Randle and Clarkson. Besides, si Ainge mukhang nagrerely lang sa young guys. Mitch has made it clear na hindi patient enough ang Lakers to do a full rebuild from the ground up like the Celtics. It is going to be young guys+big time free agents, if possible. The future looks bright with Russell/Randle/Clarkson. Cant say the same for the Celtics with their core of Marcus Smart...and a whole bunch of other guards. Haha

But who knows, baka swertehin din sila sa free agency. Or baka magtank na naman like they have done a few times before. 15-67 in 1997 for a chance at Tim Duncan? Medjo fail.haha
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 08:01 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #194 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 08:42 PM »
Ang gusto ko sana sa Celtics in the future makuha nila si Steph, Klay, Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes. Tapos samahan nila ng mga defensive vet like ala Iguadala and center like Bogut/David Lee. Ayos na! :-)
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #195 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:02 PM »
lakers vs celtics pala to :)

as a laker fan i still dont see them being competitive next season, same with the celts :) so parehas lang. hehe!
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:02 PM by frequenzy »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:22 PM »
lakers vs celtics pala to :)

as a laker fan i still dont see them being competitive next season, same with the celts :) so parehas lang. hehe!
It's the classic rivalry. Stronger than the Kobe vs Lebron debates.haha

Lakers might not make it to the playoffs but if they can play well enough to make it at least 14th worst, i'll be contented. At least di ganun kataas makukuha ni Hinkie.

Anyway, rumor has it, the reason Lakers opted for Russell is that Okafor got owned by a scrub in his 2nd workout while Russell, as Byron shared, showed glimpses of Magic Johnson with the way he directed the other 2 guys on his team in a 3vs3 match in his 2nd workout.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:23 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:37 PM »
But who knows, baka swertehin din sila sa free agency. Or baka magtank na naman like they have done a few times before. 15-67 in 1997 for a chance at Tim Duncan? Medjo fail.haha

Hahaha! Ano ba yun mga a few times before?  Ang alam ko lang yun kay Duncan nga.  Meron pa ba?  Hindi ko rin maalala. 

Yan ang maganda talaga sa Lakers fans...delusional!  Daig pa nga ang Cavs fans.  May comment na defend at all costs daw Cavs fans....ganun rin naman ang Lakers fans.  Mas matinidi pa nga.   ;D  Wala naman problema sa pagtank for duncan noon.  Aminado talaga and tanggap naman. Yun Lakers kasi hindi daw nagtatank....championship or bust daw!  With that line up?  Delusional talaga!  Hahaha!  Next season....championship or bust ulit...or Franchise record third straight lottery season.... a first!   ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:53 PM »
Hahaha! Ano ba yun mga a few times before?  Ang alam ko lang yun kay Duncan nga.  Meron pa ba?  Hindi ko rin maalala. 

Yan ang maganda talaga sa Lakers fans...delusional!  Daig pa nga ang Cavs fans.  May comment na defend at all costs daw Cavs fans....ganun rin naman ang Lakers fans.  Mas matinidi pa nga.   ;D  Wala naman problema sa pagtank for duncan noon.  Aminado talaga and tanggap naman. Yun Lakers kasi hindi daw nagtatank....championship or bust daw!  With that line up?  Delusional talaga!  Hahaha!  Next season....championship or bust ulit...or Franchise record third straight lottery season.... a first!   ;D
22year drought does make you forget a lot no? Already forgot when your team tanked for a chance at Durant/Oden only to fail yet again when you only got Jeff Green? Short-term memory or just didnt care for your team na after 22 long years of no championships?haha!

Sabagay, cant have a championship or bust mentality pag celtics fan these days...kasi sanay sa mediocrity for a loooong time. Make the playoffs and good na yun. Fun times.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 09:55 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:06 PM »
22year drought does make you forget a lot no? Already forgot when your team tanked for a chance at Durant/Oden? Short-term memory or just didnt care for your team na after 22 long years of no championships?haha!

Sabagay, cant have a championship or bust mentality pag celtics fan these days...kasi sanay sa mediocrity for a loooong time. Make the playoffs and good na yun. Fun times.

No.  That is called being a realist. Ah yun 2007..I thought they just really sucked as a team.  Yun kay Duncan talagang tanking ginawa ni Pitino.  So a couple of years?  Akala ko when you said by a few times before...mga at least 5 times.  Ok na ang realist than delusional....hahaha!  It's Championship or bust!  Meron pa nga daw Kobe era!  Hahaha!  Meron bang Kobe era?  Alam ko yun buong career ni Kobe....it was the Duncan era.  Kaya nga delusional.   :D. Defend at all costs!   ;)

Pero tama ka.  Matagal din na stuck in mediocrity ang Celts.  Kaya siguro hindi sila naging laughing stock ng NBA.   ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:10 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM »
No.  That is called being a realist. Ah yun 2007..I thought they just really sucked as a team.  Yun kay Duncan talagang tanking ginawa ni Pitino.  So a couple of years?  Akala ko when you said by a few times before...mga at least 5 times.  Ok na ang realist than delusional....hahaha!  It's Championship or bust!  Meron pa nga daw Kobe era!  Hahaha!  Meron bang Kobe era?  Alam ko yun buong career ni Kobe....it was the Duncan era.  Kaya nga delusional.   :D. Defend at all costs!   ;)

Pero tama ka.  Matagal din na stuck in mediocrity ang Celts.  Kaya siguro hindi sila naging laughing stock ng NBA.   ;D

I mean, for a storied franchise that prides itself for its championship history, even admitting one time that it tanked on purpose is just a total shame. 15-67. That is horrendous! Not even 20 wins? In the East? Come on now! haha

You clown the Lakers for 2-straight lottery appearances, but make sure your Celtics isn't  much more laughable. I mean, 6 straight lottery appearances? Come on now. Bill Russell and Red must have been so ashamed being associated with your team back then. hahaha!

I couldn't care less about individual players. I'm all about the Lakers so I can't relate about your Kobe era/Duncan era comment. All I know is that the Lakers had 5 championships since 2000 until 2010 vs the Celtics' lone championship in that decade.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:36 PM »
Maiba lang:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/13154402/carmelo-anthony-frustrated-new-york-knicks-drafting-kristaps-porzingis

haha! #inPhilWeTrust pa din ba yung Knicks? :D

The Clippers' main focus now is on keeping Jordan.

The season ended with Rivers denying reports Jordan and Chris Paul had a beef with each other.

But other NBA officials not authorized to speak publicly on the matter said there indeed is a rift between Jordan and Paul.

The officials said Jordan wants to be more involved in the offense and wants to be an All-Star, and he's not sure whether those things can happen on the Clippers with All-Stars Paul and Blake Griffin.

When free agency starts at 9:01 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Jordan will be home in Houston.

The officials said four teams will visit Jordan at home — the Clippers, Lakers, Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks.

more here: http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-nba-draft-20150626-story.html

What's this rift between Deandre and CP3? I know CP3 can be an intense leader and Deandre loves to goof around. I remember that one play where Deandre did not put back the ball in when there was still time in the game which caused the game to go to OT. CP3 was furious at him. haha
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:46 PM »
I mean, for a storied franchise that prides itself for its championship history, even admitting one time that it tanked on purpose is just a total shame. 15-67. That is horrendous! Not even 20 wins? In the East? Come on now! haha

You clown the Lakers for 2-straight lottery appearances, but make sure your Celtics isn't  much more laughable. I mean, 6 straight lottery appearances? Come on now. Bill Russell and Red must have been so ashamed being associated with your team back then. hahaha!

I couldn't care less about individual players. I'm all about the Lakers so I can't relate about your Kobe era/Duncan era comment. All I know is that the Lakers had 5 championships since 2000 until 2010 vs the Celtics' lone championship in that decade.

Aaahh!  Oh kita mo... Like I said....the classic Laker fans constant go to move!  Bring up the past!   Second time today!  ;D  I believe you are bringing up the 90s right?  While your team currently sucks...might as well bring up the 16 banners move.   :D  So your argument about the 15-67 team if I recall correctly was in 1997 right?  You're holding on to a record that has been in history for 18 years?  Hahaha!  While I bring up the 21-61 team of 2015! 

Like I said, Laker fans always drudge up about the past.  This time some 2 decades ago.  Doesn't erase the fact that they have been an NBA punchline the last 3 years.   ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:53 PM »
Aaahh!  Oh kita mo... Like I said....the classic Laker fans constant go to move!  Bring up the past!   Second time today!  ;D  I believe you are bringing up the 90s right?  While your team currently sucks...might as well bring up the 16 banners move.   :D  So your argument about the 15-67 team if I recall correctly was in 1997 right?  You're holding on to a record that has been in history for 18 years?  Hahaha!  While I bring up the 21-61 team of 2015! 

Like I said, Laker fans always drudge up about the past.  This time some 2 decades ago.  Doesn't erase the fact that they have been an NBA punchline the last 3 years.   ;D

Oh I thought we were talking about records? And your excuse is that we are only talking about recent events? Ano 'to may limit ang period na pwedeng i-cover sa discussion to fit into your agenda? haha! Man, classic Celtics fan! Let's forget the past and look at our current recent 3-year history. Win 1 championship in 22 years and act like everything is fine and dandy and that the 22years of irrelevance did not happen.

We are talking about records right? 2-straight lottery appearances for the Lakers? You are clowning us for that but I can't clown you for 6-straight lottery appearances because it isn't within the 3-year period that would fit into your agenda? HAHAHAHA!  ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:56 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:59 PM »
Oh I thought we were talking about records? And your excuse is that we are only talking about recent events? Ano 'to may limit ang period na pwedeng i-cover sa discussion to fit into your agenda? haha! Man, classic Celtics fan! Let's forget the past and look at our current recent 3-year history. Win 1 championship in 22 years and act like everything is fine and dandy and that the 22years of irrelevance did not happen.

We are talking about records right? 2-straight lottery appearances for the Lakers? You are clowning us for that but I can't clown you for 6-straight lottery appearances because it isn't within the 3-year period that would fit into your agenda? HAHAHAHA!

No!  I was clowning you for the current state of the Lakers!  The 3 year period still counts as the current state of the Lakers.  A record some 2 decades ago is kind of a reach don't you think so?   ;D

Or else might as well bring up the fact the Lakers couldn't win versus the Celtics .....in the Russell era!  Hahaha!
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:04 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:11 PM »
No!  I was clowning you for the current state of the Lakers!  The 3 year period still counts as the current state of the Lakers.  A record some 2 decades ago is kind of a reach don't you think so?   ;D

Still funny to me, for a franchise which "supposedly" prides itself in its championship history.

I'm not privy to what the Lakers really did these past two years (whether they were committed to tank or not) but with this:

For the second consecutive season, the Los Angeles Lakers led the NBA in most games lost due to injury. Their players missed 399 games all told, topping last season's league-leading mark of 319.

They hardly stood any chance to really field a complete team that would compete every night. Compare that to when the Celtics openly tanked. Ibang-iba naman yun. So I don't know what's so funny about a team losing a lot of their players to injury therefore derailing their chances to win. Ang nakakatawa yung supposedly championship franchise pero openly nagtatank. Pathetic na tawag dun.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:12 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:20 PM »
Still funny to me, for a franchise which "supposedly" prides itself in its championship history.

I'm not privy to what the Lakers really did these past two years (whether they were committed to tank or not) but with this:

They hardly stood any chance to really field a complete team that would compete every night. Compare that to when the Celtics openly tanked. Ibang-iba naman yun. So I don't know what's so funny about a team losing a lot of their players to injury therefore derailing their chances to win. Ang nakakatawa yung supposedly championship franchise pero openly nagtatank. Pathetic na tawag dun.

So if that's how you categorize it, pathetic nga yun Lakers?  Di ba Magic openly said and encouraged... tank, tank and tank some more!  Or something to that effect.  So mas maganda yun "secretly" tanking na lang?   ;D ;D  For me yun ang mas pitiful. 
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:24 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #207 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:27 PM »
Maiba lang:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/13154402/carmelo-anthony-frustrated-new-york-knicks-drafting-kristaps-porzingis

haha! #inPhilWeTrust pa din ba yung Knicks? :D

Naawa naman ako dyan kay Zinger. May resistance na kaagad sa star player nila. I am hardly a Knicks fan and I enjoyed how their team sucked during the Starbury era until now, but I'll be rooting for this young dude to succeed. I remembered how Tmac wanted out when Orlando drafted Dwight Howard. Hopefully, Carmelo does not make the same mistake.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:48 PM »
So if that's how you categorize it, pathetic nga yun Lakers?  Di ba Magic openly said and encouraged... tank, tank and tank some more!  Or something to that effect.  So mas maganda yun "secretly" tanking na lang?   ;D ;D  For me yun ang mas pitiful.
Magic is part of the coaching staff or management? Thats news to me. Magic has been tweeting/talking a lot as a FAN these past few years. Him wanting the Lakers to tank does not indicate that the Lakers were purposely doing so. Stop comparing it to your pathetic team's lowly tankapalooza attempt for Tim Duncan and Oden/Durant. A pro team that tanks openly? And a franchise that supposedly prides itself for championships? Red Auerbach is rolling in his grave right now. Hahaha!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM »
Naawa naman ako dyan kay Zinger. May resistance na kaagad sa star player nila. I am hardly a Knicks fan and I enjoyed how their team sucked during the Starbury era until now, but I'll be rooting for this young dude to succeed. I remembered how Tmac wanted out when Orlando drafted Dwight Howard. Hopefully, Carmelo does not make the same mistake.
Haha

Even Phil isnt ecstatic about his pick. He basically took a risk because at that point, they either had to get a safe pick or swing for the fence. He chose the latter hoping that they get lucky.

Man, I hope the kid isnt a mental midget. He needs to withstand all the criticism because everything he does from here on out will be scrutinized by everyone. Kawawa.