Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 609401 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *JUNE 26 DRAFT DAY*
« Reply #210 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM »
Magic is part of the coaching staff or management? Thats news to me. Magic has been tweeting/talking a lot as a FAN these past few years. Him wanting the Lakers to tank does not indicate that the Lakers were purposely doing so. Stop comparing it to your pathetic team's lowly tankapalooza attempt for Tim Duncan and Oden/Durant. A pro team that tanks openly? And a franchise that supposedly prides itself for championships? Red Auerbach is rolling in his grave right now. Hahaha!

So san mo nakuha na openly tanking yun Celtics.  I mean I mentioned it But if you want to take out that a fan was saying so....who in the Celtics coaching staff or management said their Celtic team was openly tanking then?  Kasi you will get reprimanded for doing so.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:53 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #211 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:00 AM »
So san mo nakuha na openly tanking yun Celtics.  I mean I mentioned it But if you want to take out that a fan was saying so....who in the Celtics coaching staff or management said their Celtic team was openly tanking then?  Kasi you will get reprimanded for doing so.
Carr suggested his last season as Celtics coach in 1996-97, during which the team suffered through a franchise-worst 15-67 record, was a tank job designed to deliver the incoming coach (Rick Pitino) with strong draft position. "That was part of the orchestration," said Carr, an obvious indictment of the entire organization and its part in encouraging a losing season in an attempt to get the first overall pick (Tim Duncan). As it turned out, the Celtics lost out on Duncan and settled for the third and sixth overall picks.

Taken from here:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/40780/when-tankers-tell-the-truth

That's from the coach himself.

Anyway, for Knicks fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyP49GptIN0
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:11 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:13 AM »
Carr suggested his last season as Celtics coach in 1996-97, during which the team suffered through a franchise-worst 15-67 record, was a tank job designed to deliver the incoming coach (Rick Pitino) with strong draft position. "That was part of the orchestration," said Carr, an obvious indictment of the entire organization and its part in encouraging a losing season in an attempt to get the first overall pick (Tim Duncan). As it turned out, the Celtics lost out on Duncan and settled for the third and sixth overall picks.

Taken from here:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/40780/when-tankers-tell-the-truth

That's from the coach himself.

Acknowledging your point sa 1997 season...Yun sabi mo second tank in 2007 meron admission rin ba? 

For the Lakers part naman....
Kupchak Admits To Tanking Without Admitting Lakers Are Tanking

It would be far beneath his dignity as a NBA General Manager for Mitch Kupchak to ever say out loud the Lakers are in “tank strategy mode.” So, he tried to dress it up. He phrased it more politely for the palate. He said the Lakers were focused entirely on the draft. “We have to find out if we’re going to have a Top 5 pick.” Translation: no reason to upgrade talent right now. It hurts the bottom line.
http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/02/20/kupchak-admits-tanking-without-admitting-lakers-tanking/

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:23 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:34 AM »
Acknowledging your point sa 1997 season...Yun sabi mo second tank in 2007 meron admission rin ba? 

For the Lakers part naman....http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/02/20/kupchak-admits-tanking-without-admitting-lakers-tanking/

That's an editorial though. Clearly an opinion of the writer. Here is what Kupchak really said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWoxxxmANw

He was careful with his words. He said that players are brought in to the team to WIN games. He did say that it would be nice to have a top 5 pick but that's just natural statement. Nothing that would indicate nor, to a greater extent, admit that the Lakers were indeed tanking.

Again, I am not privy to what were the actual marching orders. But at the beginning of last season there was actual hope from Mitch that the Lakers could make the playoffs. That was prior to players falling down like flies due to injuries. The video above was during/near all-star break, I think so perspectives might have shifted. I don't really know. But when i watched their games, I was actually complaining a lot because there were close games that Byron Scott truly showed they wanted to win, even against teams that were tanking like New York, Philly and Minnesota. Obviously I wanted them to tank so they could keep the pick. But the opposite was happening in games that I watched. They won games that they should have lost.

Anyway, enough with the previous season. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:44 AM »
That's an editorial though. Clearly an opinion of the writer. Here is what Kupchak really said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWoxxxmANw

He was careful with his words. He said that players are brought in to the team to WIN games. He did say that it would be nice to have a top 5 pick but that's just natural statement. Nothing that would indicate nor, to a greater extent, admit that the Lakers were indeed tanking.

Again, I am not privy to what were the actual marching orders. But at the beginning of last season there was actual hope from Mitch that the Lakers could make the playoffs. That was prior to players falling down like flies due to injuries. The video above was during/near all-star break, I think so perspectives might have shifted. I don't really know. But when i watched their games, I was actually complaining a lot because there were close games that Byron Scott truly showed they wanted to win, even against teams that were tanking like New York, Philly and Minnesota. Obviously I wanted them to tank so they could keep the pick. But the opposite was happening in games that I watched. They won games that they should have lost.

Anyway, enough with the previous season. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season.

Don't just easily dismiss it.  It may be an editorial and opinion of the writer...but it's from a Lakers website and Lakers website writer.  Lakeshowlife pa nga.   ;D  Who better to sugarcoat it than a Laker writer but still try to pass it off as objective writing.

So are you saying and admitting then that the Lakers were not tanking last season which is in contrast to what was written, suggested, blogged, indicated....even by the players themselves including Boozer, Davis, Hill, Lin, etc?
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:53 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:06 AM »
Don't just easily dismiss it.  It may be an editorial and opinion of the writer...but it's from a Lakers website and Lakers website writer.  Lakeshowlife pa nga.   ;D  Who better to sugarcoat it than a Laker writer but still try to pass it off as objective writing.

So are you saying and admitting then that the Lakers were not tanking last season which is in contrast to what was written, suggested, blogged, indicated....even by the players themselves including Boozer, Davis, Hill, Lin, etc?

Like I said, I am not privy to that. I am not sure which statements from the players you are pertaining to. All I remember was that Jordan Hill and Boozer were kept out of a few games at the end of the season with the reasoning that they were evaluating the young guys like Jabari Brown and Tarik Black.

Maybe someone would come out in the future to say that the Lakers did tank but as far as I know, they tried to compete. Aside from the last few games, they actually fielded the best team they could as far as I could tell. When Lin played well, he was brought in. When Price played well, he was brought in. It was only Clarkson whom Scott seemed to bench a lot during the 4th when he opted to play Lin instead. It was only later in the season when Clarkson was allowed to play in the 4th.

As a person who watched the games, I honestly could not tell that there was intention to lose the games. More than anything, IMO, it  was lack of cohesion and talent that caused the Lakers to lose a lot of games. There just wasn't any talent there to compete in the Western conference. Maybe Mitch orchestrated it all but there is no way that Mitch could have orchestrated injuries to Randle,Nash, Young, Kobe, Price, Hill, etc.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:08 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:18 AM »
Like I said, I am not privy to that. I am not sure which statements from the players you are pertaining to. All I remember was that Jordan Hill and Boozer were kept out of a few games at the end of the season with the reasoning that they were evaluating the young guys like Jabari Brown and Tarik Black.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tanking-20150410-story.html#page=1

Maybe someone would come out in the future to say that the Lakers did tank but as far as I know, they tried to compete. Aside from the last few games, they actually fielded the best team they could as far as I could tell. When Lin played well, he was brought in. When Price played well, he was brought in. It was only Clarkson whom Scott seemed to bench a lot during the 4th when he opted to play Lin instead. It was only later in the season when Clarkson was allowed to play in the 4th.

As a person who watched the games, I honestly could not tell that there was intention to lose the games. More than anything, IMO, it  was more of a lack of cohesion and talent that caused the Lakers to lose a lot of games. There just wasn't any talent there to compete in the Western conference. Maybe Mitch orchestrated it all but there is no way that Mitch could have orchestrated injuries to Randle,Nash, Young, Kobe, Price, Hill, etc.

You seem to be unsure of yourself.  So judging by your hesitation I gather you do not believe last season was a tank job by the Lakers.  That is my impression of your post.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 09:23 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tanking-20150410-story.html#page=1

You seem to be unsure of yourself.  So judging by your hesitation I gather you do not believe last season was a tank job by the Lakers.  That is my impression of your post.
That LA Times article does not say anything indicting like when Carr admitted that the Celtics orchestrated the 1997 tank job. Again, pure speculation. Even Davis admitted that as a FAN, he understood the concept. But nowhere was there admission that they were to intentionally lose games. Even Hill said that they all wanted to win.

I already mentioned that Boozer and Hill were  benched for evaluation of the young guys. Fans wanted to see more of Tarik Black even before the decision to bench Boozer and Hill because he was actually playing good in the games where he was given minutes.

I'm not in the business of speculating. Boston tanking is a fact with documented admission. Lakers tanking? Purely speculation of those who are in the business of selling stories.

As a fan, I wanted the Lakers to keep the pick which meant that I wanted them to have a terrible record. But wasnt it you who once mentioned that players and coaches don't think like fans when I insinuated that the players were intentionally playing crappy b-ball to lose games? You called me out on that and said that it is the GMs job to ensure that their teams stick to their tanking plans.

Did Mitch do anything to intentionally prevent the Lakers from winning games by throwing away games? Hell no. They could have given away Hill to a team that was competing for picks, but he didn't. Boozer, Hill and Lin could have been kept out of games to ensure that the Lakers had lesser talents night in and night out but it was not the case. That is why in the article you see citations about fans' reactions about games won by the Lakers.

In the Wolves game, Lin was benched because Clarkson was balling. He even won the game via free throws.

Until you show me actual admission that the Lakers tanked on purpose like I showed you with your Celtics, I would like to believe that Scott was not a good tank commander and that he wanted to truly win games.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 09:32 AM »
That LA Times article does not say anything indicting like when Carr admitted that the Celtics orchestrated the 1997 tank job. Again, pure speculation. Even Davis admitted that as a FAN, he understood the concept. But nowhere was there admission that they were to intentionally lose games. Even Hill said that they all wanted to win.

I already mentioned that Boozer and Hill were  benched for evaluation of the young guys. Fans wanted to see more of Tarik Black even before the decision to bench Boozer and Hill because he was actually playing good in the games where he was given minutes.

I'm not in the business of speculating. Boston tanking is a fact with documented admission. Lakers tanking? Purely speculation of those who are in the business of selling stories.

As a fan, I wanted the Lakers to keep the pick which meant that I wanted them to have a terrible record. But wasnt it you who once mentioned that players and coaches don't think like fans when I insinuated that the players were intentionally playing crappy b-ball to lose games? You called me out on that and said that it is the GMs job to ensure that their teams stick to their tanking plans.

Did Mitch do anything to intentionally prevent the Lakers from winning games by throwing away games? Hell no. They could have given away Hill to a team that was competing for picks, but he didn't. Boozer, Hill and Lin could have been kept out of games to ensure that the Lakers had lesser talents night in and night out but it was not the case. That is why in the article you see citations about fans' reactions about games won by the Lakers.

In the Wolves game, Lin was benched because Clarkson was balling. He even won the game via free throws.

Until you show me actual admission that the Lakers tanked on purpose like I showed you with your Celtics, I would like to believe that Scott was not a good tank commander and that he wanted to truly win games.

Kaya nga even with these Los Angeles website writers and even the LA Times article.... your definite stand would be ... You do not believe last season was a tank job by the Lakers even if the whole press believe it was so?

If you want an admission something like the link you posted, then we will wait muna for 15 years or so from now pa lang.  ;D

But wasnt it you who once mentioned that players and coaches don't think like fans when I insinuated that the players were intentionally playing crappy b-ball to lose games? You called me out on that and said that it is the GMs job to ensure that their teams stick to their tanking plans.

Oops!  You're misquoting me on this.   :D  Better read the post again.  I think I did mention I was specifically pointing to Brad Stevens...not the NBA in general.  Sabi ko yata... "The disagreement rests solely on the Celtics."

If I recall I said why would a rookie coach like Brad Stevens intentionally lose games.  It would hurt his reputation lalo na he is just starting out pa lang.  Pero nakita ko na yun post na sinasabo mo... Hahaha!
Players and coaches never like losing. And tanking is never in thier mindsets. It's management that does the tanking by making sure the team does not win.

Oh kita mo hindi naman galing sakin.  Mali mali naman eh.  Second time na yata na misquote mo ako. Hahaha!
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 10:46 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #220 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 10:49 AM »
Timeout !!! Laro muna tayo ng......

>:D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM »
Kaya nga even with these Los Angeles website writers and even the LA Times article.... your definite stand would be ... You do not believe last season was a tank job by the Lakers even if the whole press believe it was so?

If you want an admission something like the link you posted, then we will wait muna for 15 years or so from now pa lang.  ;D

Oops!  You're misquoting me on this.   :D  Better read the post again.  I think I did mention I was specifically pointing to Brad Stevens...not the NBA in general.  Sabi ko yata... "The disagreement rests solely on the Celtics."

If I recall I said why would a rookie coach like Brad Stevens intentionally lose games.  It would hurt his reputation lalo na he is just starting out pa lang.  Pero nakita ko na yun post na sinasabo mo... Hahaha!
Oh kita mo hindi naman galing sakin.  Mali mali naman eh.  Second time na yata na misquote mo ako. Hahaha!
Fine by me to wait for an admission.

But to say that it was a tank job from the start is just incredulous. The team tried to compete. They did not willingly trade away old guys for picks the way Ainge dismissed Garnett and Pierce for picks and whatnot. Yun ang commitment to tank.

The notion that the Lakers were tanking was from fans and the media happily rode that train of thought. Of course they'd write stuff like that. A storied franchise accused of tanking? Hey that would sell.

Look, if the Lakers were truly tanking, they had me fooled because when I saw them win "loseable" games, I thought for sure they were not trying to tank. That is my opinion. You cant seem to wrap your thought on that. I watched Laker games and that was the opinion I formed. Now are you trying to question my opinion just because you favor the notion that the Lakers tanked even without watching actual games? If you did watch the games, then I respect your opinion. But to base your notion solely on articles written by journalists who are in the business of selling stories and opinions, then maybe you should watch some of those games and come back here to discuss.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 11:05 AM »
Fine by me to wait for an admission.

But to say that it was a tank job from the start is just incredulous. The team tried to compete. They did not willingly trade away old guys for picks the way Ainge dismissed Garnett and Pierce for picks and whatnot. Yun ang commitment to tank.

The notion that the Lakers were tanking was from fans and the media happily rode that train of thought. Of course they'd write stuff like that. A stories franchise accused of tanking? Hey that would sell.

Look, if the Lakers were truly tanking, they had me fooled because when I saw them win "loseable" games, I thought for sure they were not trying to tank. That is my opinion. You cant seem to wrap your thought on that. I watched Laker games and that was the opinion I formed. Now are you trying to question my opinion just because you favor the notion that the Lakers tanked even without watching actual games? If you did watch the games, then I respect your opinion. But to base your notion solely on articles written by journalists who are in the business of selling stories and opinions, then maybe you should watch some of those games and come back here to discuss.

Kaya nga is it your firm and definite stand that the Lakers weren't doing a tank job last season?

I am not questioning your opinion.  I just do not want to put words in your mouth.  Syempre mas ok if galing sayo mismo.   ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #223 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 11:47 AM »
is there a site, link etc that has info on the performance of rookies last season and their respective heirarchy in the draft?
sa end ng season, at least ma-gauge kung ok o palpak ang pag draft.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #224 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 12:04 PM »
IMO the real gauge would be, what kind of offers and contracts these rookies get as their rookie contracts run out ....... that's when teams know gold from bust. 

For last years rookies, I'd say that Wiggins (obvious), Parker, Payton & Mirotic will have the best chance to stay with their mother team beyond their rookie contracts.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #225 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 02:17 PM »
Yari kay Kobe to,pahihirapan yan sa practice haha

Everything's cool :)

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13161683/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-larry-nance-jr-tweet-water-bridge

Excerpt:

"Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant says he has talked with first-round draft pick Larry Nance Jr. about a tweet Nance posted in 2012 that referred to a sexual-assault case involving Bryant.

Speaking at the BET Experience held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Saturday night during a sit-down interview with ESPN's Jemele Hill, Bryant said "there's no need" for any further discussion about the matter.

"The kid figured it out himself," Bryant said. "He's a kid, man. He actually sent me a great message [Friday], which is really funny. I looked at it [the message], and it was like, 'This is when you know it's about time to hang these things up, when your teammate writes you, Hi, Mr. Bryant.'

"I was like, 'What the f---?' But it was really nice and apologetic about what had happened. I said, 'Dude, listen. We've all said things and done things that we regret and wish we could take back. It's water under the bridge, man. Welcome to the team.' He writes back, 'Thank you, sir.'"

We deserve better.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #226 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 03:03 PM »
Sport Science: D'Angelo Russell

Excited na rin ako for next season  :D

Who do you project will be the rookie of the year? I think it will be this kid. All-in for Russell!

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #227 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 03:06 PM »

Ayun naman pala pero deep inside sabi ni Kobe: "Yari ka pa rin sa akin boy!"  ;D ;D
Everything's cool :)

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13161683/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-larry-nance-jr-tweet-water-bridge

Excerpt:

"Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant says he has talked with first-round draft pick Larry Nance Jr. about a tweet Nance posted in 2012 that referred to a sexual-assault case involving Bryant.

Speaking at the BET Experience held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Saturday night during a sit-down interview with ESPN's Jemele Hill, Bryant said "there's no need" for any further discussion about the matter.

"The kid figured it out himself," Bryant said. "He's a kid, man. He actually sent me a great message [Friday], which is really funny. I looked at it [the message], and it was like, 'This is when you know it's about time to hang these things up, when your teammate writes you, Hi, Mr. Bryant.'

"I was like, 'What the f---?' But it was really nice and apologetic about what had happened. I said, 'Dude, listen. We've all said things and done things that we regret and wish we could take back. It's water under the bridge, man. Welcome to the team.' He writes back, 'Thank you, sir.'"

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 03:09 PM »
For me, it's too early to predict but I love the court vision & passing skills of this kid  8)

Who do you project will be the rookie of the year? I think it will be this kid. All-in for Russell!
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 at 03:10 PM by deist »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 03:27 PM »

It's going to be Okafor for me just because it's just him and Nerlens. Whoever scores the most usually gets the nod for ROY.

Speaking of Okafor, tingnan nyo gaano siya kasaya sa team nya:

https://vine.co/v/eJeP9ltQBME

I think he goes off on us in Summer League. I feel for the kid. He legitimately wanted to go to the Lakers. It was evident in the interviews. Philly was the last place he wanted to be. Hail Hinkie!

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 04:14 PM »
^ that was funny. I read too that Okafor does not really like to play basketball. He probably would be the next Andrew Bynum/Larry Sanders. Waste of talent.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #231 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 07:16 PM »
It's the classic rivalry. Stronger than the Kobe vs Lebron debates.haha

Lakers might not make it to the playoffs but if they can play well enough to make it at least 14th worst, i'll be contented. At least di ganun kataas makukuha ni Hinkie.

Anyway, rumor has it, the reason Lakers opted for Russell is that Okafor got owned by a scrub in his 2nd workout while Russell, as Byron shared, showed glimpses of Magic Johnson with the way he directed the other 2 guys on his team in a 3vs3 match in his 2nd workout.
Di kaya over confident si Okafor that he would get picked by LAL, so he didn't exert max effort in his second workout? Parang going through the motions lang? Might explain why he was so disappointed about the Lakers choosing Russell because he knows he could have done better in the second workout.

Anyway, all speculation. I hope though that the Lakers land one of the bigs. In case not, I don't think there are good unrestricted SFs, except maybe Deng?

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #232 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 07:19 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25226883/report-david-west-very-likely-to-sign-with-knicks
Doesn't Carmelo already play PF for the Knicks?

Personally, I'd like to see the Knicks do well in the off-season. It's always good when the big market teams field good teams.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #233 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 09:22 PM »
Anyway, rumor has it, the reason Lakers opted for Russell is that Okafor got owned by a scrub in his 2nd workout

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 01:14 AM »
It's going to be Okafor for me just because it's just him and Nerlens. Whoever scores the most usually gets the nod for ROY.

Speaking of Okafor, tingnan nyo gaano siya kasaya sa team nya:

https://vine.co/v/eJeP9ltQBME

I think he goes off on us in Summer League. I feel for the kid. He legitimately wanted to go to the Lakers. It was evident in the interviews. Philly was the last place he wanted to be. Hail Hinkie!

There was a table apparently. Vid made it look like he dropped it on the floor.
Vid also conveniently cut off just before the other two players were about to do the same thing Okafor did. Stupid, stupid vine...

^ that was funny. I read too that Okafor does not really like to play basketball. He probably would be the next Andrew Bynum/Larry Sanders. Waste of talent.

Nge...  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yol9KcqZPYU
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2015 at 01:41 AM by rusty »

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 04:13 AM »
Free agent na naman si LBJ. ;D nangangarap na naman Lakers at Celtics . ;D

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #236 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 04:44 AM »
Free agent na naman si LBJ. ;D nangangarap na naman Lakers at Celtics . ;D

Bwahaha ano ba yan lilipat na naman? Sa golden state ka na ba pupunta?  >:D >:D >:D

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/28/8859487/lebron-james-opts-out-free-agency-nba-cavaliers-2015

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 06:36 AM »

Nge...  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yol9KcqZPYU

Based from the video, it looks like as if, when Jahlil gets to become a free-agent he will bolt to join Chicago.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 09:03 AM »

haha! And it wasn't even Suckre. It was a 6'10", non-NBA player.

There was a table apparently. Vid made it look like he dropped it on the floor.
Vid also conveniently cut off just before the other two players were about to do the same thing Okafor did. Stupid, stupid vine...

haha yeah, I saw that press intro too and saw the table. But, just look at how he drops it and his demeanor. Parang "screw this jersey". Not really a happy camper. Anyway, I'm really interested to see what Stinkie does with the Sixers.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked: