Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 608619 times)

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *JUNE 26 DRAFT DAY*
« Reply #240 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 10:18 AM »

haha! And it wasn't even Suckre. It was a 6'10", non-NBA player.

haha yeah, I saw that press intro too and saw the table. But, just look at how he drops it and his demeanor. Parang "screw this jersey". Not really a happy camper. Anyway, I'm really interested to see what Stinkie does with the Sixers.

yeah, he should have folded it ever so neatly like shy little girl, geez...

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #241 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 10:39 AM »
yeah, he should have folded it ever so neatly like shy little girl, geez...

I didn't say that. At least do what Tokoto did. Anyway, lighten up man. I just thought it was funny. :)

In other news:

for PR purposes, Melo will address your Instagram comments:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2508460-carmelo-anthony-responds-to-instagram-comments-says-porzingis-pick-was-a-steal

Damage control, for sure.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #242 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 10:45 AM »
^Why, what's wrong with Porzingis?

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 10:49 AM »
Go Lakers pa rin!!! Woohoo!

Am liking this Russell kid after watching his Youtube vids. :)

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:17 AM »
^Why, what's wrong with Porzingis?

There were reports that Melo did not like the Porzingis pick. Probably wanted someone else. Now he is trying to debunk those reports. :D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM »
There were reports that Melo did not like the Porzingis pick. Probably wanted someone else. Now he is trying to debunk those reports. :D

That's quite arrogant of him. Losers can't be choosers haha

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:40 AM »
I read those reports too, apparently Melo wanted Phil to draft someone who can help him right away...sino naman kaya yun? WCA? Mudiay?

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 02:24 PM »
That's quite arrogant of him. Losers can't be choosers haha

haha

he had a choice to go to the Bulls, Rockets and Lakers...but he stayed in New York for more money and because #inPhilWeTrust

Wag lang maging Tskitishvili si Porzingis para naman matuwa si Melo. The Knicks aren't contented with 1 softy Euro player in Bargnani kaya dinagdagan pa ulit ng isa. haha

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 02:59 PM »
I'd get international players over these so-called "superstars". Same results for much less.

They're seem more into promoting their brand more than trying to win for their team.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 09:35 AM »
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m1 minute ago

The Lakers are moving quickly, will meet with LaMarcus Aldridge immediately after free agency begins Tuesday at 9:01 pm.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 22s22 seconds ago
Spurs contingent is scheduled to meet with free agent forward LaMarcus Aldridge in L.A. on July 1 after arriving Tuesday, sources told Yahoo

___

going to be a tough sell to get Lamarcus to LA. He has played PF his whole career and we have a young PF in Randle. So are they gonna ask LA to play center? I don't see this marriage happening. I think LA goes to the Spurs while Timmy gets another pay cut.

Besides, look at the big guns that the Spurs are bringing:

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 17s18 seconds ago
Spurs coach Gregg Popovic, forward Tim Duncan & guard Tony Parker expected to attend LaMarcus Aldridge meeting, a source told Yahoo Sports.

Could be another banner year for the Spurs.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #250 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:11 PM »

___

going to be a tough sell to get Lamarcus to LA. He has played PF his whole career and we have a young PF in Randle. So are they gonna ask LA to play center? I don't see this marriage happening. I think LA goes to the Spurs while Timmy gets another pay cut.

Besides, look at the big guns that the Spurs are bringing:

Could be another banner year for the Spurs.

This probably moves Timmy D to the 5 spot if successful--and could very well be another title run for them.  If TD takes another pay cut, I hope the organization immediately gives him some sort of front office post after retirement. This guy isn't just a franchise player--hes a do it all employee, he sacrifices so much for the Spurs. I can't help but admire this man, he truly loves his team. Respect to TD.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #251 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM »
This probably moves Timmy D to the 5 spot if successful--and could very well be another title run for them.  If TD takes another pay cut, I hope the organization immediately gives him some sort of front office post after retirement. This guy isn't just a franchise player--hes a do it all employee, he sacrifices so much for the Spurs. I can't help but admire this man, he truly loves his team. Respect to TD.

I read Timmy was indeed taking ANOTHER paycut!  Yep!  Kudos to Duncan for extending the championship window of the Spurs.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #252 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM »
kaya pa naman siguro ni Duncan ng 2, maybe 3 years. ilang taon contract ni Duncan?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM »
kaya pa naman siguro ni Duncan ng 2, maybe 3 years. ilang taon contract ni Duncan?

Probably a 2yr contract with the 2nd year as player option.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #254 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:38 PM »
Probably a 2yr contract with the 2nd year as player option.

that makes sense.  I think that's the same contract he has currently.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM »

LOL. Yeah, they better give him some great retirement compensation. Spurs keep raking in the money but they keep asking their players to take a pay cut. But it's all good. Ang mga pinipili nilang players according to Pops are those who are "over themselves". No egos. It has worked well for them.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 01:35 PM »
LOL. Yeah, they better give him some great retirement compensation. Spurs keep raking in the money but they keep asking their players to take a pay cut. But it's all good. Ang mga pinipili nilang players according to Pops are those who are "over themselves". No egos. It has worked well for them.

The Spurs aren't exactly raking in the money with an operating income of $41M before interests, taxes, depreciation and amortization. But they are profitable.  Besides that's just the reality of the NBA's salary cap landscape.  To get a top tier player, somebody has to make a financial sacrifice.  You can't win in a bidding war to sign FAs if players from your current roster do not adjust their salaries.  It's naive to think otherwise.  But that philosophy has worked for the Spurs successfully since Duncan came to town.  They haven't tasted lottery since Timmy.  The Spurs averaged in my estimation about 50+ games per season.  Compare that against overpaying a washed up often injured player resulting in an embarrassing 4-0 sweep in the first round and 2 lottery seasons after.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015 at 01:47 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 01:54 PM »
The Spurs aren't exactly raking in the money with an operating income of $41M before interests, taxes, depreciation and amortization. But they are profitable.  Besides that's just the reality of the NBA's salary cap landscape.  To get a top tier player, somebody has to make a financial sacrifice.  You can't win in a bidding war to sign players if your current roster do not adjust their salaries.  It's naive to think otherwise.  But that philosophy has worked for the Spurs successfully since Duncan came to town.  They haven't tasted lottery since Timmy.  The Spurs averaged in my estimation about 50+ games per season.  Compare that against overpaying a washed up often injured player resulting in an embarrassing 4-0 sweep in the first round and 2 lottery seasons after.

Ok. :)

Fact: Spurs has 5 championships with Duncan
Fact: Lakers has 5 championships with Kobe
Fact: Celtics has 1 championship to show for after 22 years

So while the Spurs and Lakers differ in their approach to success, the results have been equal. 5 championships. Different teams have different ways of approaching success. The Spurs have great scouts and a great GM. No doubt about that. I admire the Spurs for maintaining their regular season success- something that the Lakers were not able to do. But the end goal is always a championship.

*I don't like the extension they gave Bryant either. But it is what it is.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:07 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:09 PM »

So while the Spurs and Lakers differ in their approach to success, the results have been equal. 5 championships. Different teams have different ways of approaching success. The Spurs have great scouts and a great GM. No doubt about that. I admire the Spurs for maintaining their regular season success- something that the Lakers were not able to do. But the end goal is always a championship.

Hahaha!  To include the Cs in your post speaks a boatload!  Your post did imply the Spurs keep on asking players to take a pay cut as a negative. The Lakers comparison is apt because you have a player who indicated he was not taking a pay cut.  Meron pa bang iba who did not want a pay cut?  Kobe lang naman yata.  Thus the mention and their corresponding results.  Syempre you have to mention what happens to a team whose player demands no pay cut.  It was strictly that  But to include the Celtics...sabi sayo eh.  Mas matindi ang Laker fans compared sa Cavs fans...   ;D

"Defend at all costs!"
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:15 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:15 PM »
Hahaha!  To include the Cs in your post speaks a boatload!  Your post did imply the Spurs keep on asking players to take a pay cut as a negative. The Lakers comparison is apt because you have a player who indicated he was not taking a pay cut.  Meron pa bang iba who did not want a pay cut?  Kobe lang naman yata.  Thus the mention and their corresponding results.  Syempre you have to mention what happens to a team whose player demands no pay cut.  It was strictly that  But to include the Celtics...sabi sayo eh.  Mas matindi ang Laker fans...   ;D

"Defend at all costs!"

I mean, what did my initial post have anything to do with the Lakers? :) Sabi ko nga it's all good kahit players took pay cuts. Wala naman negative dun. Sabi ko lang kelangan makabawi man lang ng konti si Duncan since he took a pay cut but the Spurs weren't losing money anyway. Siyempre, die hard fan ako kaya pag tinira mo team ko, natural lang na reply. maybe you're not as passionate with your celtics. But I don't blame you. Your team hasn't been fun to watch for a long time.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:30 PM »
I mean, what did my initial post have anything to do with the Lakers? :)

A strict comparison between a player taking a pay cut whose result speak for itself versus another who said he won't take a pay cut and his team's corresponding results.  Unless nga you can point to another player who also refused a pay cut but no longer in his prime.

Sabi ko nga it's all good kahit players took pay cuts. Wala naman negative dun. Sabi ko lang kelangan makabawi man lang ng konti si Duncan since he took a pay cut but the Spurs weren't losing money anyway. Siyempre, die hard fan ako kaya pag tinira mo team ko, natural lang na reply. maybe you're not as passionate with your celtics. But I don't blame you. Your team hasn't been fun to watch for a long time.

But you did post an LOL.   ;D   And you did say "raking in".  That's different from not losing money.   ;D   Tapos nako actually dun sa Celtics-Lakers rivalry... or at least dun sa huling exchanges natin kasi nga ayaw mong sagutin yun last question ko.  I'm as passionate a fan as any.  But hindi naman ako bulag ano.  Hindi naman pepwede defend at all costs. ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:41 PM »
A strict comparison between a player taking a pay cut whose result speak for itself versus another who said he won't take a pay cut and his team's corresponding results.  Unless nga you can point to another player who also refused a pay cut but no longer in his prime.

But you did post an LOL.   ;D   And you did say "raking in".  That's different from not losing money.   ;D   Tapos nako actually dun sa Celtics-Lakers rivalry... or at least dun sa huling exchanges natin kasi nga ayaw mong sagutin yun last question ko.  I'm as passionate a fan as any.  But hindi naman ako bulag ano.  Hindi naman pepwede defend at all costs. ;D

Duncan is Duncan. The Spurs are really lucky to have him. He isn't like other players who live lavish lifestyles. Compare that to Kobe, of course it would be hard for him to accept a pay cut. Like I said, I didn't like the extension he got as well. Sure it got them to where they are now.

the LOL was for the idea that the Spurs SHOULD give him a front office spot after he retires. Not meant to demean what the Spurs have done or what Duncan has done. Again, they are asking players to take pay cuts but they are not losing money. They are earning millions. If that's not raking in money, I don't know what is.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:50 PM »
Duncan is Duncan. The Spurs are really lucky to have him. He isn't like other players who live lavish lifestyles. Compare that to Kobe, of course it would be hard for him to accept a pay cut. Like I said, I didn't like the extension he got as well. Sure it got them to where they are now.

the LOL was for the idea that the Spurs SHOULD give him a front office spot after he retires. Not meant to demean what the Spurs have done or what Duncan has done. Again, they are asking players to take pay cuts but they are not losing money. They are earning millions. If that's not raking in money, I don't know what is.

Well raking in money does connote na umuulan ng pera.  Or from Oxford... Make a lot of money, typically very easily:  That is not really the case with the Spurs.  They are a small market team.  Imagine operating income ng Spurs stand at $41M.  Let's say they try to get a FA worth $20M.  With everything staying the same....bagsak operating income mo ng 50%.  Business owners won't accept that.  Sigurado cut back somewhere to accommodate the $20M free agent.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 02:59 PM »
  Sigurado cut back somewhere to accommodate the $20M free agent.

Which would be the case with an Aldridge signing...unless they also ask Aldridge to take lesser money. Anyway, they are earning well enough to get profit. Good for them that they have been getting players who are not egotistical.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 04:49 PM »

*I don't like the extension they gave Bryant either. But it is what it is.

na tumbok mo :)

parang na BINGO hehehe

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #265 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 06:40 AM »
Luke "Hot Potato" Ridnour trade history this week:

* 6/25 Traded from Orlando to Memphis for the rights to some Latvian player
* 6/25 Traded from Memphis to Charlotte for Matt Barnes
* 6/25 Traded from Charlotte to OKC for Jeremy Lamb
* 6/30 Traded from OKC to Toronto for the rights to some Euro player

Poor guy. And it's likely not over yet.  :(
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015 at 06:41 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 08:44 AM »
Luke "Hot Potato" Ridnour trade history this week:

* 6/25 Traded from Orlando to Memphis for the rights to some Latvian player
* 6/25 Traded from Memphis to Charlotte for Matt Barnes
* 6/25 Traded from Charlotte to OKC for Jeremy Lamb
* 6/30 Traded from OKC to Toronto for the rights to some Euro player

Poor guy. And it's likely not over yet.  :(

This guy knows the true feeling of not being wanted. :D

Anyway, Woj is reporting that the Lakers want both Deandre and Lamarcus. To which I say, PIPE DREAM!haha

from Larry Coon:

So if the Lakers want to sign both Jordan and Aldridge, they need to do one of the following:

1. Get rid of Kobe. They can’t trade him unless he agrees, because of his no-trade clause. They could waive him and stretch his salary, however. The cap hit for this season would reduce to about $8.3 million, clearing about $16.2 million off their cap. This would give them enough cap room to sign both Aldridge and Jordan, and they’d even be able to hang onto Black, Brown, Kelly, Sacre and Young, and still have about $2 million to spare.

OR

2. Convince either Jordan, or Aldridge, or both to take less money. This scenario probably isn’t very likely — not when several teams will be competing for both players’ services.

So if the Lakers intention of signing both Aldridge and Jordan is true, then the only way they can realistically free up enough cap space to do so is by waiving and stretching Kobe Bryant.

In other words, it’s not likely to happen.

___

Another reason I don't like that Kobe extension. Oh well...better luck in next year's free agency. :D

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 10:07 AM »
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 2h2 hours ago
People in the room tonight for the Lakers' pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge: Jeanie Buss, Kobe, Byron Scott, Kupchak + James Worthy

Last year, si Kobe hindi nag attend sa Melo meeting. Lumalabas si Kobe lang ang nadagdag sa mga attendees..

ok na ko kahit si DJ lang mapunta sa LAL :)

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #268 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 10:28 AM »
Before offering DeAndre Jordan max contract, eh magtry muna ng 10 free throws, kapag naka at least 7 free throws made  saka bigyan ng max.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015 at 10:29 AM by Pandidoy »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2156
« Reply #269 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 10:58 AM »
^ kunin nila si Shaq as free throw shooting coach no DJ!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd