Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 608604 times)

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *SUMMER LEAGUE STARTS: JULY 5 (ORLANDO LEAGUE)*
« Reply #600 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:18 PM »
^
o sige na nga dude, hindi na sourgraping. di lang kasi isang post e.

but you should judge the other top picks you watch with the same lofty standards.

I remember you praising Randle's ball handling skills in a game where he threw the ball over 5x.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #601 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:25 PM »
Whoa. I want him to fail? I was merely stating what I observed. I want the kid to flourish regardless of what team he plays for. I'm a basketball fan first before a Lakers fan. I enjoy watching basketball.If anything, nanghihinayang ako so far sa nakikita ko kay Okafor kasi alam kong mas magaling pa siya sa pinapakita nya. He has all the tools to succeed.

It's not in the realm of impossibility naman for me to get that impression....lalo na sinabi mo naman you were just trying to see if the Lakers made a mistake selecting a guard over a big man.  So gugustuhin mo nga naman for Okafor to fail para majustify yun selection ni Russell.   ;)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #602 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:36 PM »
^
o sige na nga dude, hindi na sourgraping. di lang kasi isang post e.

but you should judge the other top picks you watch with the same lofty standards.

I remember you praising Randle's ball handling skills in a game where he threw the ball over 5x.

To be fair with other top picks this year, they weren't labeled as the next coming of Tim Duncan like Okafor kaya mahirap babaan expectations for the kid. ***but realistically, I don't expect any of them to be really good during the regular season. Maganda lang panoorin pag Summer League because they play against guys that are their age and have little to no experience yet.

But I will definitely keep my eyes peeled when the top picks play in Vegas starting tomorrow.

As per Randle's ball handling skills - hindi naman point guard ball handling skills ibig kong sabihin. For a big man, he has a steady handle. Something you don't see too often. I can't remember the game you are referring to but are you sure that it was his ball handling that caused the turnovers? Like him dribbling the ball off his foot and losing it?

Anyway, you guys can choose not to read my posts naman regarding my opinion of the prospects in summer league. There is an option here in PDVD to hide all my posts so that you won't be bothered by my "sourgraping". :)

It's not in the realm of impossibility naman for me to get that impression....lalo na sinabi mo naman you were just trying to see if the Lakers made a mistake selecting a guard over a big man.  So gugustuhin mo nga naman for Okafor to fail para majustify yun selection ni Russell.   ;)

Making a mistake means dapat magfail yung isa? Di ba pwedeng magaling pareho pero better prospect lang yung isa? Kelangan fail agad yung isa para justified?  ::)

Seriously, I may call certain players names and I did wish for the Clippers to fail but I definitely don't want to see any young talent with potential failing in the NBA. Nakakapanghinayang yun as a fan of the game.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:37 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #603 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:41 PM »
Making a mistake means dapat magfail yung isa? Di ba pwedeng magaling pareho pero better prospect lang yung isa? Kelangan fail agad yung isa para justified?  ::)

Seriously, I may call certain players names and I did wish for the Clippers to fail but I definitely don't want to see any young talent with potential failing in the NBA. Nakakapanghinayang yun as a fan of the game.

Well yun kasi implication/indication ng posts mo.  Lalo na yun "favoritism" mo sa Sixers and Hinkie.  May pattern naman....kaya nga yun ang nagiging implication.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:46 PM »
Well yun kasi implication/indication ng posts mo.  Lalo na yun "favoritism" mo sa Sixers and Hinkie.  May pattern naman....kaya nga yun ang nagiging implication.

My opinion of Okafor doesn't have anything to do with Hinkie though. I just state what I observed. Rather than reading into my post, it would have been nice if you just took my post at face value. I'd rather talk about basketball than explain any perceived implication of my posts.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:46 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:47 PM »
To be fair with other top picks this year, they weren't labeled as the next coming of Tim Duncan like Okafor kaya mahirap babaan expectations for the kid. ***but realistically, I don't expect any of them to be really good during the regular season. Maganda lang panoorin pag Summer League because they play against guys that are their age and have little to no experience yet.

But I will definitely keep my eyes peeled when the top picks play in Vegas starting tomorrow.

As per Randle's ball handling skills - hindi naman point guard ball handling skills ibig kong sabihin. For a big man, he has a steady handle. Something you don't see too often. I can't remember the game you are referring to but are you sure that it was his ball handling that caused the turnovers? Like him dribbling the ball off his foot and losing it?

Anyway, you guys can choose not to read my posts naman regarding my opinion of the prospects in summer league. There is an option here in PDVD to hide all my posts so that you won't be bothered by my "sourgraping". :)

I remember the game cause its a wild ot game against the warriors. Randle threw the ball over at least twice by trying to go coast to coast. tiningnan ko box score, lima na pala ang TO.

don't worry dude, i like posts about the summer league.  parang obsess ka lang talaga kay jahlil, haha....

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 01:51 PM »
My opinion of Okafor doesn't have anything to do with Hinkie though. I just state what I observed. Rather than reading into my post, it would have been nice if you just took my post at face value. I'd rather talk about basketball than explain any perceived implication of my posts.

And that is why I asked what's up with the fixation on Okafor.... I refrain or try to refrain from making presumptive posts.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 03:45 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #607 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 02:00 PM »
I remember the game cause its a wild ot game against the warriors. Randle threw the ball over at least twice by trying to go coast to coast. tiningnan ko box score, lima na pala ang TO.

don't worry dude, i like posts about the summer league.  parang obsess ka lang talaga kay jahlil, haha....

Well, out of the top 4, Okafor is the only one who has played in Summer League. I would love to dissect Towns', Russells' and Zingers' games as well but they haven't played yet.

So far, Okafor, Myles Turner, Stanley Johnson, Hezonja, Kaminsky and Winslow have all shown that they can play at NBA speed against Summer League talents.

**ah and yes, I remember the game you're referring to. I think I only saw parts of that game. But I do recall Randle going coast to coast (he does this often). This was the game Jordan Clarkson won for the Lakers via tip in? Anyway, that was last year and I really thought Randle had good handles for a big man.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #608 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 02:42 PM »
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m2 minutes ago
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Deron Williams seeking release from Brooklyn Nets so he can sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks
43 retweets 7 favorites
Reply Retweet43 Favorite7

Players wanting to go back to their hometown. hmmm...could this be a trend? Durant to Washington next year?

And I say...D.Will is 3years too late. He chose to play of BKN over DAL when he was a free agent before.
-----

The young Timberwolves showcasing their dunking talent in their Summer Showcase:

https://youtu.be/0JAntygChsw

They are going to be fun to watch.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 03:16 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #609 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 05:29 PM »
Amare to MIA

@StefanoNBC6: Hearing Amare Stoudemire and the #Heat are closing in on a deal at veteran's minimum. Expect trades to shed salary and roster spots.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #610 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 06:19 PM »
wow!! me laban na sa CAVS >:D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #611 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:05 PM »
I think the reason why it was ok for them to let go of Hibbert was because they drafted Myles Turner. Turner is a good shooting Center, and has led the NCAA in blocks last season. He can spread the floor better and has better offensive moves than Hibbert. Losing David West may affect them though, but at this stage of his career, aside from his leadership, I don't think he can bring much to the table anymore. The Pacers still have Scola at PF which I think can still provide juice at that position.

I also forgot, Indiana got Monta Ellis.

maraming salamat sir Gerald, out of touch na talaga ako sa nba basa basa na lang din eh. pati yung mga rookies na yan di ko kilala sus.:)
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #612 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:11 PM »
This is a good article on nba players that backout from their verbal agreements. Halos lahat naging bust dun sa next team nila.
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/steve_aschburner/07/08/looking-back-on-reneged-deals-in-the-nba/index.html?ls=nbahpsplit1

I was just thinking about this, parang digital din naman ang karma sa nba eh. baka biglang lumubog na lang din yung jordan
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #613 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:28 PM »
Final episode of Grantland's feature on Kristaps Porzingis

"Draft Day"
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:38 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2156
« Reply #614 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:47 PM »
Despite DJordan's unprofessionalism, I really think he did the right thing of going back to Clipper's. Sa Mavs kse parang gusto syang gawing next "franchise player" which he is not one actually. Malamang papalpak sya dun and lilitaw lahat ng flaws nya. Blake and certainly the caliber of Chris Paul makes him look good. Pero sa mavs na walang magaling na point guard, I doubt it. Tingin ko nga parang konti lang ang lamang nya kay JaVale McGee. Magaling din naman sa ally op yun :-)!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 09:48 PM »
Dapat hindi na lang siya nakipag verbal agreement sa Mavs kung ganun.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #616 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 10:41 PM »
ang issue naman hindi kung san sya better suited na team. kundi pano nya hinandle yung sitwasyon.

kung alam nya sa sarili nya di sya sure sana di sya nag commit sa mavs or least nung pumutok na yung issue sinabi na agad nya kay cuban na gusto nya bumalik ng clippers. ganun lang naman ka simple yun.

kaso ginawa nya walang pasabi kay cuban at biglang naglaho. now that's what made him an a-hole.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM by XanderCage »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #617 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM »
payat ni kobe ha  :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Jul 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM »
payat ni kobe ha  :)

Sabi ni Kupchak kanina puro lower body lang exercise ni kobe. No upper body workout yet

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 06:06 AM »

Vegas Summer League rosters  O0
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13217970/nba-2015-las-vegas-summer-league-rosters
Too bad Jabari and Wiggins arent playing. Jabari understandable. Any idea why Wiggins isnt playing? Perks of being named ROY?

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 07:36 AM »
Too bad Jabari and Wiggins arent playing. Jabari understandable. Any idea why Wiggins isnt playing? Perks of being named ROY?

Thanks for this.  Watching now!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 07:44 AM »
Deron Williams is headed to Dallas.

Online a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #623 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 08:41 AM »
Matindi yung hype nitong wolves vs lakers. Puno yung arena parang regular season game na. Ganda nung mga pasa ni russell.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 09:03 AM »
Matindi yung hype nitong wolves vs lakers. Puno yung arena parang regular season game na. Ganda nung mga pasa ni russell.
Hyped up sobra. Haha

Ganda panuorin ni Clarkson.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 09:06 AM »

management probably thinks he's already too good for SL.

his brother  Nick is playing.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2015 at 09:07 AM by rusty »

Online a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #626 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 09:37 AM »
Hyped up sobra. Haha

Ganda panuorin ni Clarkson.

yup, ok ang laro nya. very confident. si randle nung una parang gigil pa eh. si nance naman ang active. ok siguro 'to na hustle/energy guy.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 09:41 AM »
management probably thinks he's already too good for SL.

his brother  Nick is playing.
Yeah, no need for extra experience and run the risk of injury+mileage.
____
Anyway, a few takeaways on Minny vs Lakers at halftime:

1.Karl Towns looks really impressive. Minny made a great choice. He is absolutely the most talented player in this draft class. His passing and shooting skills are on full display so far. Mahirap bantayan to. Center with a good court vision. Well deserved #1 pick.

2. Julius Randle doesnt seem to have his bearings in this game so far. Missed a few gimme shots that he is used to making. He has an open shot which he released horribly hitting the back of the rim.

3. D'Angelo Russell is showing his skills. Other players will really love playing with this kid. I wouldnt be surprised if some free agents next year would be enticed to play with him. He shares the ball..if you are open, you will get it.

4. Jordan Clarkson is still playing with a chip on his shoulder. He is playing like a vet. That play where he baited the defense to foul when they were hip-to-hip was Harden-like.

5. Zach Lavine is just an exciting player. The Wolves should really go all in on him. Get rid of Rubio already and let Lavine develop with free reign.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 10:18 AM »
Impressed with Lavine as well from what he has shown so far.  But I think he would still need Rubio. Lavine is an impressive 2.  Very effortless maglaro. But iba pa rin regular season defense. Or baka pwede siguro spot up shooter parang Kerr or Paxson beside Lavine. Zach would then play parang point shooting guard.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Jul 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM »
Si Russell may poise and maganda court presence.  If ganyan magiging laro niya sa regular season.  Baka kasi taga baba lang ng bola then once he crossess half court, abot na ke Kobe then camp sa elbow or corner for threes.