Author Topic: 2015-2016 NBA Season  (Read 610241 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Re: 2015-2016 NBA Season *REGULAR SEASON*
« Reply #1170 on: Nov 23, 2015 at 11:03 PM »
thank you. it seems both pierce and KG accepted their role already, mukhang di naman masama ang loob nila sa napapanuod kung games, besides yung kay KG kasama yata sa responsibilidad nya ang pag train kay Towns?

besides training Towns, they need someone senior on the team that is quite young - it helps a lot on the composure of the team ... I think that this is what is lacking with the 76ers - daming talented na young players pero no one to look up to

si Pierce naman, my understanding is due to their playoff loss last season ... someone with championship experience and also seniority may have help prevent the loss in which they lead by a large margin against Houston
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1171 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 08:08 AM »

besides training Towns, they need someone senior on the team that is quite young - it helps a lot on the composure of the team ... I think that this is what is lacking with the 76ers - daming talented na young players pero no one to look up to

Amen. Katangahan lang ginagawa ng Sixers. "Trust the process" daw pero ang hirap magtiwala sa ginagawa ni Hinkie. No vets to teach the young players. Last year at least they had Jason Richardson. This year, wala. Puro mga bata. Hinkie is teaching this team how to lose. He is doing a great job so far.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1172 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM »
^Yung "Trust the Process" na motto ay para lang sa mga 76ers fans. Kung fan ka ng ibang team, of course you're gonna mock it.

They're not at the point where they will spare precious roster spots for vets in a mentorship role, although they rostered Luc Richard as Embiid's mentor last year.

76ers spare roster spots are for:

-auditioning as much fringe young talent as possible and locking worthy players into long term-partially-guaranteed deals.

-swallowing bad contracts from other teams in exchange for future assets

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1173 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM »
^Yung "Trust the Process" na motto ay para lang sa mga 76ers fans. Kung fan ka ng ibang team, of course you're gonna mock it.

They're not at the point where they will spare precious roster spots for vets in a mentorship role, although they rostered Luc Richard as Embiid's mentor last year.

76ers spare roster spots are for:

-auditioning as much fringe young talent as possible and locking worthy players into long term-partially-guaranteed deals.

-swallowing bad contracts from other teams in exchange for future assets

Dunno about that. I've seen lots of Sixers fans mock Hinkie's trust the process slogan. Ano gagawin nya, trade ulit Okafor for future prospects like what he did kay MCW? The process isn't working so far. But if everything goes well for them next draft, maybe they will finally see results. Saric+own pick+possibly the Lakers' pick. Should be great for them.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1174 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:02 AM »
Dunno about that. I've seen lots of Sixers fans mock Hinkie's trust the process slogan. Ano gagawin nya, trade ulit Okafor for future prospects like what he did kay MCW? The process isn't working so far. But if everything goes well for them next draft, maybe they will finally see results. Saric+own pick+possibly the Lakers' pick. Should be great for them.

Ainge basically did the same thing as the Sixers after shipping Rondo, Pierce and Garnett.  Wala rin naman mentor na kinuha I believe.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1175 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM »
Ainge basically did the same thing as the Sixers after shipping Rondo, Pierce and Garnett.  Wala rin naman mentor na kinuha I believe.

Gerald Wallace?

I'm not saying get a vet to mentor the young players. Just saying, get a mix of decent vets  to at least show the young guys the ropes of being a pro. That's just my opinion. It is good to have that older guy who knows the NBA inside-out.

___

in other news, baka mauna makakuha ng win yung Sixers kesa matalo yung Warriors. :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1176 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:26 AM »
Gerald Wallace?

I'm not saying get a vet to mentor the young players. Just saying, get a mix of decent vets  to at least show the young guys the ropes of being a pro. That's just my opinion. It is good to have that older guy who knows the NBA inside-out.

Wallace was just thrown in to make the salaries work. Main pieces were the multiple draft picks. 

Offline skoivan

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1177 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM »
Ouch... heartbreaking loss for Philly. Lumamang pa naman sila nung 4th tapos hinabol...

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1178 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:40 AM »
From a tweet I saw after the Sixers collapsed:

"Sixers so bad, we need to just demote ourselves to a d-league team"

haha

The Lakers could use such a demotion as well. :D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1179 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:08 PM »

Bakit naman nila i-ttrade kaagad si Okafor? How is it similar to the MCW situation at all?

MCW was traded because:
1. They know firsthand that he's not that good
2. He's old from a developmental standpoint
3. The Lakers pick is potentially more valuable

The process is meant to maximize their chances for gaining a top tier star through the draft. The fact that they are in a good  position to do so in the near future means that it is working so far.

They're not gonna clog their roster/cap with 2nd tier vets. They'd have to overpay them to sign in Philly anyway. The more roster spots you  invest on auditioning young players, the more chances you have in landing the next Whiteside or Covington.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1180 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM »
Bakit naman nila i-ttrade kaagad si Okafor? How is it similar to the MCW situation at all?

MCW was traded because:
1. They know firsthand that he's not that good
2. He's old from a developmental standpoint
3. The Lakers pick is potentially more valuable

The process is meant to maximize their chances for gaining a top tier star through the draft. The fact that they are in a good  position to do so in the near future means that it is working so far.

They're not gonna clog their roster/cap with 2nd tier vets. They'd have to overpay them to sign in Philly anyway. The more roster spots you  invest on auditioning young players, the more chances you have in landing the next Whiteside or Covington.

The part about trading Okafor was rhetorical.

I get your point re: getting young talent but until I see results, fan or not, it's hard to "trust the process".

Sabi nga ni Bucher - Inducing young talent to lose year after year isn't a process, it's negligence. Di lang naman yung team ang talo, pati business side. Worst attendance yata yung sa Sixers this season so far. How long can their owner withstand losing money?

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #1181 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM »
when and what time will the GS vs Lakers be shown on Cable TV? Thank you in advance.
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1182 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:57 PM »
when and what time will the GS vs Lakers be shown on Cable TV? Thank you in advance.
11.30am bukas

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #1183 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM »
Okafor ate up towns today. Nice moves

Offline reenoip

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1184 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM »

wed 11:30am

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1185 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 01:22 PM »
The part about trading Okafor was rhetorical.

I get your point re: getting young talent but until I see results, fan or not, it's hard to "trust the process".

Sabi nga ni Bucher - Inducing young talent to lose year after year isn't a process, it's negligence. Di lang naman yung team ang talo, pati business side. Worst attendance yata yung sa Sixers this season so far. How long can their owner withstand losing money?

Misleading ang quote ni Bucher. "Inducing young talent to lose". Really?

Pinipilit ba sila ng coach to intentionally turn the ball over or miss shots?

They are put in a team situation wherein there is a dearth of talent because of rebuilding , but it's not like management is encouraging players to regress or sabotage games.

The roster that Hinkie inherited was fiscally bad and sorely lacking talent, and now that he's cleared the cap acquired a ton of assets for the future he's somehow made the business side of things worse?

"losing year after year" Ilang taon na ba ang rebuild ni Hinkie, di ba 3 years pa lang. 4 years na ang Magic. Teams like the Kings and the Wolves have been in NBA purgatory for around 10 years. Teams like the the Nets and the Lakers seem doomed in the next five.

And according to ESPN 3rd worst lang ang 76ers in avg attendance : http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
Mas mataas pa rin sa Nuggets and ironically the Wolves.
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015 at 01:25 PM by rusty »

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015 at 02:26 PM by CoolTOYZPH »
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1187 on: Nov 24, 2015 at 02:47 PM »
Misleading ang quote ni Bucher. "Inducing young talent to lose". Really?

Pinipilit ba sila ng coach to intentionally turn the ball over or miss shots?

They are put in a team situation wherein there is a dearth of talent because of rebuilding , but it's not like management is encouraging players to regress or sabotage games.

The roster that Hinkie inherited was fiscally bad and sorely lacking talent, and now that he's cleared the cap acquired a ton of assets for the future he's somehow made the business side of things worse?

"losing year after year" Ilang taon na ba ang rebuild ni Hinkie, di ba 3 years pa lang. 4 years na ang Magic. Teams like the Kings and the Wolves have been in NBA purgatory for around 10 years. Teams like the the Nets and the Lakers seem doomed in the next five.

And according to ESPN 3rd worst lang ang 76ers in avg attendance : http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
Mas mataas pa rin sa Nuggets and ironically the Wolves.

Like I said, I know and understand what Hinkie is doing. All I'm saying is that it doesn't seem he is making any progress so far. 3 years na, sana man lang may konting progress seeing as this is a complete overhaul.

They are  on 24-game losing streak dating from last season. It has been 242 days since the Sixers last won a game.  ---- this is what I mean na mahirap magtiwala sa process kung ito ang observable result. The picks are nice but at the end of the day, risks lahat yun.

I'm not going into comparisons with other teams. All this time, ang sinasabi ko lang, Hinkie does not have anything to show for except for all the picks he has acquired. I'm not arguing about what he is trying to do. We all understand his "process".

"The Sixers' rebuilding plan has been predicated on collecting the best assets -- not necessarily the best fits. The hope is that all those draft picks ultimately land them a couple of superstars, via trade or the draft. So far, the 76ers still aren't there. They have a couple of nice young players, but no obvious cornerstones on the roster yet unless Joel Embiid can return to health."

I stand corrected sa attendance thing. Last year, they were the worst, I believe. I'm surprised they aren't the worst this year, so far.

Maybe Hinkie's plan will come to fruition in the future, but for now, there is no light at the end of the tunnel yet for the Sixers.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 10:11 AM »
Paul George has been quietly beasting so far this season. I am glad that he is really back in top form this season. :)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1189 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 10:15 AM »
^ you are correct. Di nga ako maka paniwala kse he is truly back to his old all star form if not better.
Sana tuloy tuloy din ang angat nya and iwas injuries.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1190 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 10:20 AM »
Yung GSW vs Lakers game later, would the Lakers just play dead right from the start or lalaban kaya?
Pag natalo naman nila warriors lalabas pang kontra bida sila and killjoy :-) hehe... In any case, si Kobe pa rin ang blame dito :-).
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1191 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 10:24 AM »
Lakers are sitting ducks. They never go all out at the start of the game. Palaging chillax. Naalala ko Mavs went on a 17-0 run to start the game against the Lakers.

50-point loss would not surprise me. :D

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1192 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:05 AM »
OT question para sa mga meron NBA league pass. How can you watch game on your flat screen tv?
Gusto ko sana mag subscribe pero ayoko manuod sa desktop, laptop, ipad nor phone ko. Gusto ko projected sa flat tv ko. How to do this?

Pag nagawa ko to pwede ko nang i-let go Cignal subscription ko since NBA premuim lang namn pinanunuod ko.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline skoivan

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:36 AM »
Saan ba televised yung LAL-GSW game? Wala ba sa BTV? ABS-CBN Sports and Action?

I'm on Skycable.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM »

I'm on Skycable.

NBA Premium TV

Offline skoivan

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1195 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM »
I don't have that though. Just on a basic Skycable TV subscription.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM »
I don't have that though. Just on a basic Skycable TV subscription.

Try mo na lang sa Studio 23.  They might televise it with local broadcasters calling the game. Not sure though.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1197 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 12:08 PM »
OT question para sa mga meron NBA league pass. How can you watch game on your flat screen tv?
Gusto ko sana mag subscribe pero ayoko manuod sa desktop, laptop, ipad nor phone ko. Gusto ko projected sa flat tv ko. How to do this?

Pag nagawa ko to pwede ko nang i-let go Cignal subscription ko since NBA premuim lang namn pinanunuod ko.

Nagagawa ko 'to sir using an Apple TV. Any similar streaming device should do the trick. Di ko alam kung kaya ng built-in internet capabilities of some Smart TVs at kung maayos ang resolution, pero baka puwede rin.
We deserve better.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1198 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM »
Nithing to watch at this point. 30-11

I'm on Skycable.
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #1199 on: Nov 25, 2015 at 12:13 PM »
Kangkungan time hahaahaha
Say hello to my little friend!