Author Topic: Sapphire & Steel (remake)  (Read 538 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Sapphire & Steel (remake)
« on: Jul 12, 2015 at 09:56 AM »
Luther and Crossbones creator Neil Cross is to revive 1970s sci-fi series Sapphire & Steel, which starred Joanna Lumley and David McCallum as time-traveling special agents protecting the universe from evil.

"I’m planning to — it looks like I’m going to — relaunch Sapphire & Steel," Cross told the Nerdist Writers’ Panel podcast. He added that it was "a late ’70s science fiction horror show, which had incredibly low budgets, so every single episode was a bottle episode where the enemy is time itself. So it would tell ghost stories and monster stories but in every episode somehow time was the villain." Cross, who has also written for MI-5 and Doctor Who, described the lead characters as "proto Mulder and Scully."

"There’s a broadcaster in the U.K. that’s very, very keen to do it," he claimed.

Source

...I really hope they do this right; the original was a really well-written series, a bit too profound for its time--I remember watching it religiously when it was aired and was extremely baffled and frustrated at the series finale.  8)
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015 at 09:58 AM by AshKetchum »