Author Topic: MMFF 2015  (Read 12058 times)

Offline ricracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MMFF 2015
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2016 at 10:49 AM »
Wow, MMFF 2015 already grossed a whopping P800M in just 9 days!  That's an estimated 4M Filipinos trooping to the theaters to watch these films.  It just shows that buhay na buhay ang Pelikulang Pilipino.  They are targeting to exceed the 1 billion peso mark recorded by MMFF the previous year.

At this time of the year, I really enjoy reading so-called film critics' review on these films.  However, it always happens that these so-called critics' least recommended films always become the top grosser in the box office.  While the most recommended ones end up as the least watched by the public.  Taon-taon lang ganyan ang nangyayari....this year My Bebe Love and Beauty and the Bestie were the highest grossers...or pelikulang pinaka-pinilahan ng madlang people. But these critics tell us that these are junk, waste of time, poorly produced films. 

;)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
Re: MMFF 2015
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2016 at 11:43 AM »
Wow, MMFF 2015 already grossed a whopping P800M in just 9 days!  That's an estimated 4M Filipinos trooping to the theaters to watch these films.  It just shows that buhay na buhay ang Pelikulang Pilipino.  They are targeting to exceed the 1 billion peso mark recorded by MMFF the previous year.

Hollow victory. Star Wars was only in IMAX theaters. The MMFF New Wave had to compete with that dahil mga indie ang matapang. Let's see them compete with Star Wars at matira matibay.

At this time of the year, I really enjoy reading so-called film critics' review on these films.  However, it always happens that these so-called critics' least recommended films always become the top grosser in the box office.  While the most recommended ones end up as the least watched by the public.  Taon-taon lang ganyan ang nangyayari....this year My Bebe Love and Beauty and the Bestie were the highest grossers...or pelikulang pinaka-pinilahan ng madlang people. But these critics tell us that these are junk, waste of time, poorly produced films. 

Because for the most part, they are. This is why the MMFF is basura. The films that put on the least, laziest, most lowest common denominator pandering effort are the ones that end up being top-grosser at wala pang competition from foreign films so walang incentive na paghusayan, pag-isipan at pag-hirapan ang istorya at ang pagkakagawa. Just stick a camera on Vic Sotto or Vice Ganda, and let them give what the masa wants.