Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 200 series  (Read 15130 times)

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 200 series
« Reply #30 on: Sep 24, 2018 at 02:27 PM »

also interested in this one, is it true the wharfedale 220 is the "new" model now after the 9.1? i plan to use a yamaha atmos receiver and wondering if its a good pairing? i used to have a wharfedale 9.1 setup sa house and really like its sound ... thanks in advance :)

diamond 10 series muna bro

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #31 on: Sep 24, 2018 at 02:31 PM »
^thanks bro, i mean if i will be buying now is the 220 series the latest? thanks bro

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #32 on: Sep 24, 2018 at 03:23 PM »
^thanks bro, i mean if i will be buying now is the 220 series the latest? thanks bro
diamond 11 ata pinaka latest. parang ganito diamond 9, 10, 200, 11

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2018 at 04:17 PM »
thanks bro! sobrang tagal ko nawala sa home theater scene need to catch up hehe thanks again :)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #34 on: Sep 24, 2018 at 06:42 PM »
sir @sidewider, Yammy is a good match with Wharfedales.  had a yammy + wharfe8.3 way back in 2004 which served me well ' til 2009 =)

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM »
I read from the thread starter that he used the d220 for his rear, which i plan to use as my front speakers, my question is will there be any benefit if i also use the 220 for front and rear? is it common practice to do these assuming price difference is negligible? compared to the whdfs which the store is offering me, the price difference is only 2k+ so i'm leaning towards getting two pairs of d220 if i will get any benefit from it...  but if a dedicated surround sound speaker is the way to go, then i'll stick and go with it :) thanks in advance for any advice :)

Online alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2018 at 05:55 PM »
I read from the thread starter that he used the d220 for his rear, which i plan to use as my front speakers, my question is will there be any benefit if i also use the 220 for front and rear? is it common practice to do these assuming price difference is negligible? compared to the whdfs which the store is offering me, the price difference is only 2k+ so i'm leaning towards getting two pairs of d220 if i will get any benefit from it...  but if a dedicated surround sound speaker is the way to go, then i'll stick and go with it :) thanks in advance for any advice :)

IMO, dipole or bipoles are more effective to recreate that theater feel. If you are going ATMOS, then maybe go with the d220 as you want it to be directional.

Offline LoBudget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: Sep 30, 2018 at 11:50 PM »

From what i read, fronts and centers should match tonally you can use smaller or diff pairs for surrounds since they are just for effects. Some prefer the dipoles for side channels since its recommended the sides in a 7.1 not be directional. So the front 3 ideally come from the same series and speaker size. If 220s up front then similar size center, then if 225s get the center with 6.5inch woofers.

I’d advise getting good sounding rears and surrounds. At least you can double duty them for music or a stereo setup so they dont get wasted when not being used for home theater.

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #38 on: Aug 12, 2019 at 04:56 PM »
Any idea if the 220C can be used in an LCR configuration?

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #39 on: Aug 12, 2019 at 05:19 PM »
Any idea if the 220C can be used in an LCR configuration?

Better yan, since sure na timber matched na talaga.