Author Topic: How to connect iphone to amp  (Read 3521 times)

Offline MrDeckard

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to connect iphone to amp
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2015 at 06:21 AM »
@schnauzer

I skipped bluetooth.  Yes its convenient but is a lossy transmission method. Which may be worse than the skip-the-phone dac problem.

AirPlay is -- per the documentation -- is a lossless transmission solution. 

Offline Schnauzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • rubber dickie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: Dec 21, 2015 at 02:34 PM »
@schnauzer

I skipped bluetooth.  Yes its convenient but is a lossy transmission method. Which may be worse than the skip-the-phone dac problem.

AirPlay is -- per the documentation -- is a lossless transmission solution.

darn, thanks for the warning Bro

I thought that maybe Bluetooh with AptX would do the job well,  I just found a way to force a Mac to output with AptX and pairing a Bluetooh RCV with AptX is a good idea.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #32 on: Dec 21, 2015 at 03:08 PM »
how about using a Bluetooth-Audio-Recevier to stream my music from an iPhone, or better yet from my Mac's iTunes playlist - would it bypass the source's DAC?  if not then I could still controll the audio quality using iTunes' EQ am I correct???

http://gadgetviper.com/best-bluetooth-audio-receiver-2015/
my Amp/Receiver has an Optical audio input so I might benefit from it,  given the models reviewed what would be your choice and why?

Thank you I am considering getting one to go wireless -  being able to play my songlist on my Mac would be great.
Bluetooth or Airplay, it's raw digital data that is being passed through and it is up to your receiver's DAC to decode it. Unfortunately, an AVR's internal DAC, isn't really great. That is a result of cramming all those features into one box at less cost. As I mentioned earlier, an external DAC is the way to go. Also look for a DAC that is asynchronous.