Author Topic: turntable isolation platform  (Read 826 times)

Offline newbieforever

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
turntable isolation platform
« on: Dec 11, 2015 at 01:32 PM »
i recently got a piece of granite which i was thinking of using as a platform for my turntable.  the main purpose is to attach adjustable feet to the granite to be able to get a level surface for the turntable...

*it's a linear tracking tt which demands a completely levelled surface to function properly. i stay in the attic which has wood floor boards supported by wood beams (old house).  :-\

... i've been doing some slight reading on the matter and while opinions seem mixed in terms of granite and its use as a platform, i'm going ahead with the build.  my plan is to attach the slab to 3/4 plywood via sealant and attach the feet to the plywood.  does this sound like a good idea? would i be screwing up the sound in any way?

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: turntable isolation platform
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM »
If you want to isolate the table from vibrations from the wood floors, try putting a bike inner tube under it. Cheap solution to solve vibration. My son can jump up and down my music room floor without disturbing the table.

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:24 AM »
you can also try to suspend the TT. parang yung wall mounting ng rega turntable. yun wala na hong vibration coming from the floor. total isolation na po sya.

i have an isolation platform na granite then may isolation footer, yung TT ko po naka double isolation pa. meron pa din hong konte. hirap talaga pag suspended flooring. but you can try the suggestion of boss muy, mukhang suspended flooring din ho yung kanyang music room.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:29 AM by Dodie »
WCH CM U?

Offline newbieforever

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2015 at 08:59 AM »
thanks for the replies!

so i'll just place the tire tube under the granite?  i read about this too but is used in conjunction with MDF or plywood.  a lot of people say i should avoid granite/stone/etc. is this true?