DVD Forum > Stores, Shopping & Rentals

Vinyls and Turntables

<< < (2/3) > >>

pyeponce:
Listening room in megamall has the lp60 at P7999. At least, there was one on display as of saturday. Good luck!

You can also try checking out vintage turntables at the pdvd marketplace. Or look for Spindle Hole Records on FB. :)

muypogi:

--- Quote from: CaptainMarioMC on Dec 26, 2015 at 08:54 PM ---I plan to buy a turntable setup and I don't know how to go through it. I have a budget of 4k-8k for turntable that is attachable to my headphone amp which is connected to my headphones. I don't want to buy an all-in-one setup. Also where is a place where I can source it used.

--- End quote ---

Suggest to 3x your budget in order to get a decent deck and a phono preamp since most amplifiers do not have a phono input.  Main mistake of most newbies is to buy the cheap toy turntables which have bad fidelity and whose tonearms can damage records long term.

Try these:

Grey Market - in White Plain Belitudo Strip and VMall Greenhills

Basement shops in Makati Cinema Square - Whats Hifi and Toys for the Audio Boys

Shangrila Mall - Listening In Style and AVDI

Rockwell Mall - Acoustic Dimension

Glorietta Mall New Wing - Spectra AV and Sound Dimension

pTrader:

--- Quote from: muypogi on Dec 29, 2015 at 05:26 PM ---Suggest to 3x your budget in order to get a decent deck and a phono preamp since most amplifiers do not have a phono input.  Main mistake of most newbies is to buy the cheap toy turntables which have bad fidelity and whose tonearms can damage records long term.

Try these:

Grey Market - in White Plain Belitudo Strip and VMall Greenhills

Basement shops in Makati Cinema Square - Whats Hifi and Toys for the Audio Boys

Shangrila Mall - Listening In Style and AVDI

Rockwell Mall - Acoustic Dimension

Glorietta Mall New Wing - Spectra AV and Sound Dimension

--- End quote ---

any tips in avoiding "bad fidelity and whose tonearms can damage records long term."?

muypogi:
Madali lang.  Stay away from the all in one players (TEAC/Crosley style) and just get the traditional conventional turntable and phono preamp.

In terms of starters below PHP25k, I recommend:

1) Rega RP-1 + Rega Phono
2) Pro-Ject Elemental + Pro-Ject Phono Box
3) Audio Technica LP120 + any phono preamp (include NAD PP4)
4) Vintage direct drive turntable + any phono preamp

This is also a very good deal:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,204019.0.html

DTNS:

--- Quote from: muypogi on Jan 01, 2016 at 08:11 PM ---Madali lang.  Stay away from the all in one players (TEAC/Crosley style) and just get the traditional conventional turntable and phono preamp.

In terms of starters below PHP25k, I recommend:

1) Rega RP-1 + Rega Phono
2) Pro-Ject Elemental + Pro-Ject Phono Box
3) Audio Technica LP120 + any phono preamp (include NAD PP4)
4) Vintage direct drive turntable + any phono preamp

This is also a very good deal:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,204019.0.html

--- End quote ---

subscribing to this thread. of the 4 options, I'd probably go with the 1st or 3rd ones. a Rega RP-1 + a Rega Fono Mini A2D phono preamp would set you back around 20500 (Watt HiFi prices)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version