Author Topic: Audyssey Multi EQ for 2 channel audio  (Read 811 times)

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Audyssey Multi EQ for 2 channel audio
« on: Jan 13, 2016 at 09:10 AM »
Shopping for a HT receiver to be mainly used for 2.1 channel music. I have several vintage 2 channel amps but I was able to try an Onkyo NR 414 (5.1 Net ready) and i am enjoying the features of a modern amp, specially the power to stream music from my phone and the power to increase the subwoofer level using my phone  >:D

Right now looking at the Marantz NR1506 and SR5010.  Major difference between the two aside from the price is power 50 watts vs 100 watts and Multieq vs MultiEq XT

So for 2 channel audio, does the XT provide a big difference ?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Audyssey Multi EQ for 2 channel audio
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2016 at 05:31 PM »
I'd go with power muna before features.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016 at 06:10 PM »
well the more expensive one has the features and the Power :)  but its about 15K more expensive.....

I'd go with power muna before features.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2016 at 09:38 PM »
well the more expensive one has the features and the Power :)  but its about 15K more expensive.....

Yun lang! Hehe! Sabi nga with great power comes great responsibility. Haha! Well honestly kasi, what would geatures do if you have a nice sounding speaker naman. I'd go for power knowing that busog ang speakers ko.

Offline Arnel E.

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016 at 01:06 AM »
The only significant difference between standard MultEQ and the XT version is that the XT has higher resolution filters for correcting room response of your main speakers. Both apply the same high res correction for the sub.

Either of the two flavors of MultEQ will greatly benefit your system if you have a subwoofer due to the resolution of filters it applies in smoothing out your subwoofer's in-room response. I have heard very high end setups that still benefitted from bass room correction, i was surprised the first time, and turned me into a believer in DSP hehe. There is much more involved here than EQ.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2016 at 01:09 AM by Arnel E. »
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony