Author Topic: NAD C320BEE  (Read 13241 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NAD C320BEE
« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
Ah ok di ko na kasi naitanong i'm in a hurry kasi that time inuunahan ko si misis umuwi sa bahay baka masita  ;D. Thanks.

sir kimo, me connectors na ba yung wires?

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 11:03 AM »
Ahihihi.... hirap talaga pag walang approval ang misis sa pagbili ng gears  ;D buti sir hindi nahalata yung kulay nung wires mo  ;D

Offline kimosabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 11:10 AM »
sir kimo, me connectors na ba yung wires?

Wala pa sir, pero pede kang magpalagay sa kanila ng xlo spade connectors with additional fee nga lang.
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline kimosabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 11:13 AM »
Ahihihi.... hirap talaga pag walang approval ang misis sa pagbili ng gears  ;D buti sir hindi nahalata yung kulay nung wires mo  ;D

buti kamo walang alam sa HT/Audio yung misis ko kaya madaling mabola sa price. kaya nga HK ang binili ko kasi hindi kilalang brand unlike Yamaha, Pioneer, Sony etc. madaling sabihing mumurahin hehehe.
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:21 PM »
HI-FI Choice    September 2002

"The C320BEE delivers plenty for its asking price?it's a lot of entertainment for the money"

<http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/hifi_amplifiers/C320BEEbig.jpg>

Hard on the heels of its first glowing review (from What Hi-Fi?, the C320BEE has received five stars for value from another magazine in the UK, Hi-Fi Choice. Here are some excerpts from the review:   "BEE, OR Bjorn Erik Edvardsen, has a lot to answer for. Half the hi-fi nutballs in the country caught the audiophile disease because of a product that he created, the NAD 3020: a seminal amp that turned a generation on to hi-fi."

"The new C320BEE was also created by Erik, as he's known in the fjords. Like its ancestor this is a grey-finished no-nonsense integrated amp with line-only inputs and a single set of speaker outputs mounted above NAD's trademark soft clipping switch ? which we left on for this appraisal".

"C320 changes include an increase in rated power from 40 to 50 watts per channel, improved tone control accuracy and the use of a better quality volume control. Frills have been added in the guise of multiroom-installation-friendly infrared connection port in and outputs for genuine remote control and a 12V trigger output for partnering components. The black and white remote is an attractive design which will also operate NAD source components."

"Tested without 'soft clipping,' the C320BEE provides some 2x80W/8 ohms, which increases, barely, to 2x85W into 4-ohm loads under continuous conditions. [NAD Note: These ratings from the magazine are almost twice as much as our rating, which certainly confirms NAD's conservative power specs.]"

"NAD uses a loosely-regulated power supply, which emphasises power output under dynamic, music-like conditions. Here it delivers and impressive 144W, 2555W, 400 watts (14.1A) and 470W (21.7A) into 8, 4, 2, and 1 ohm respectively."

"Whether 'Tone Defeat' is switched in or not, the C320BEE offers a flat (+0.0/-0.2dB) response, proving that the default tone position really is 'flat.'"

"There's no doubting the energy and enthusiasm that the NAD brings ? give it almost any piece of music, even a relaxed one like the Bach guitar and it'll dig out the life and vivacity. Laid back music sounds engaging and higher energy stuff has real 'oomph.' There's plenty of power too, the amp digging deep into the bass on heavy tracks and driving them with gusto."

"The C320BEE delivers plenty for its asking price?it's a lot of entertainment for the money."

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:23 PM »
Stereophile
July 2003
Reviewer: Art Dudley

?The C320BEE is a really nice little amp, and totally worthy of whatever laurel leaves the 3020 has shaken from its head...The NAD is musically and sonically accomplished, and is probably about as close to organic sound as you can get for this kind of money."

<http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/hifi_amplifiers/C320BEEbig.jpg>

Stereophile?s Art Dudley, long-respected for his ?tell-it-like-it-is? style of reviewing has given the C320BEE integrated amp his seal of approval, finding it very musical and worthy of keeping company in a system costing many times its modest price. Here are some excerpts:

?...But nonaudiophile friends and family members keep asking me to recommend good two-channel music systems. With that in mind, I?m on a quest to find the best cheap amp I can...?

?First there?s the NAD C320BEE, which, according to its manufacturer, carries the torch for their well-loved 3020 integrated amp of the late 1970s and early ?80s?this because both products bear the imprint of designer Bjorn Erik Edvandsen.?

?The NAD weighs in a little over 14 lbs., delivers 50Wpc, and has inputs for five line-level sources in addition to two tape loops. The US price of the NAD C320BEE is $399.?

?That?s right: $399. In light of that, the C320?s clean layout and excellent build quality come as nothing less than a shock. The transformer is a toroid, all the output devices and voltage regulators are mounted on generously sized heatsinks, and all the C320?s active parts are discrete. Solid-copper bus bars abound. Connectors are gold-plated and sturdy without being silly about it.?

?The NAD C320BEE sounded surprisingly good at the basics of playing music?listening to this amp was consistently more an exercise in fulfillment than frustration. Driving the Quad ESL-989s or the ?se? version of Spendor?s little S3/5, the C320?s sound was free of noise and artificial texture. It could sound colorful, given the right source?stringed instruments on Ricky Skaggs? well-rounded Bluegrass Rules and Ancient Tones albums sounded warm and real, as did the strings and woodwinds in some of my favorite small-scale classical recordings?and its low-frequency performance was at least darn good, being neither anemic nor slow.?

?Once up and running for a minimum of 20 minutes, the C320 reproduced stereo recordings with excellent depth. Try that first Leonard Cohen album Songs of Leonard Cohen for example, and listen to how pleasantly distant the brushed snare sounds in ?So Long, Marianne,? and how realistic the space is between Lenny and his demure backing singers.?

?The C320 also preserved the music?s sense of flow, regardless of style.?
?...the NAD did a great job playing every track on one of my favorite albums from last year, Built to Spill?s Ancient Melodies of the Future. It got across the buzz?n?chunk of the opening number, ?Strange? in an engaging and convincing way?lots of color, no fatigue?and managed to make the bass-and-drum combination sound impactful and fast at the same time. Ditto the same album?s ?Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss? which scooted right along through the C320.?

?I don?t feel the least bit silly putting a $399 integrated amp in the same system with a $3500 SACD player, $8000 speakers, and God only knows how many dollars worth of cables. The C320BEE is a really nice little amp and totally worthy of whatever laurel leaves the 3020 has shaken from its head. (I know because I used to own one?and I?ve owned the 1020 preamp that was derived from it, too.) The NAD is musically and sonically accomplished, and is probably about as close to organic sound as you can get for this kind of money.?

?[Comparing the C320 to the Rotel RA-02]...the NAD C320BEE?s music-making is more to my taste; I?d be willing to sacrifice any number of conveniences for its smoothness and surprisingly good level of involvement.?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 10, 2005 at 11:44 AM »
mga bros,

where can i find tara labs RSC® Link? im thinking of replacing the preout/main-in jumper of the c320bee.

many thanks :)

Offline makikulit

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 01:05 PM »
what about nadc320 with bw's 303?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 01:10 PM »
that combo should be ok. also try ma b2, ae evo 1, ms 912 and usher s520 :)

happy hunting :)

Offline Amplifine

• Apprentice
  • Listen with your ears!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 03:43 PM »
Can't really say that I've auditioned the C320BEE but I've had the original NAD 3020B and spent my College days in the States with also another 3020. If the new C320 has the same sonic characters of its ancestor then this is one of the easiest Amps to match :) All depends on the kind of music you listen to. I can't get over it! I've been distant from NAD for a long time but the 3020 has been my longest bedroom companion since I was College. WOW! How much do these new ones cost?

Going back to speaker matching: Assuming the 320 has the same DNA, Rich and warm mids and soothing highs and rolling bass? For Jazz/Classical I matched this with Tannoy Mercury, More dynamics, clarity and details could be retrieved with perhaps the B&W 601. I would dare to say that it is better to err on the bright side for speakers.

Hope the 320 becomes another Giant Killer like it's ancestor the 3020.

BTW does the 320 also have an MM/MC phono stage?

Cheers! :)
[IMG]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1816/coloredlogo6yv.jpg[/

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 03:58 PM »
the c320bee has no MM/MC phono stage. it's not a giant killer like the 3020 but is well thought of. the giants now are just too much, too good.

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #71 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 07:39 AM »
kaya bang i-drive ng nad 320bee yung ae evo3?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #72 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 07:42 AM »
i believe kaya.... ;D

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #73 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 10:27 AM »
inaudition ko yung nad 320bee and nad 352 sa spectra yesterday. bakit somehow i get the feeling na mas maganda tumunog yung 320bee sa 352? i need inputs..have any of you experienced the difference between the two models?

Offline Audionuts

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 04:53 PM »
352 is less warm but more extended highs, for me compare the amps 352 is more neutral than 320bee and the bass of 352 is tight and deep, 320 has a rounded bass character it depends on your music genre for me i like the 352 for all around music but either of the two you can't go wrong. I hope this help.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 11:24 AM »
ANNOUNCEMENT

Effective March 01, redkoji will no longer represent Studio Systems or Avid Sales Corp. The redkoji was a personal account of the one previously handling the Team Studio, however since he will no longer managed the said team...he will therefore convert the said account back into it own personal used.

In case you have querry please call 842-1541 to 48. The e-mail address of [email protected] will also discontinue answering any inquiry or advised.

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Mar 04, 2006 at 09:30 AM »
Both are fine amp. I prefer the 320, the 30watts difference is almost nothing. They sound the same except the 352 can go deeper but for me a bit muddy. If you read the review of what hifi, the first review was a dissapointment, then Nad rework the bottom end parang napasobra ata and the result is 5 stars. If I were you I'll get the 320 then add a power amp like the 270 or the new 272. If the budget is tight maghihintay na lang ako ng older model like the 370 and 350. IMO they sound better than the new model.For the price of a new 352 you can get a used 370. BTW the new 372 received only 3 stars and this is the one to avoid according to what hifi.

Good luck