Author Topic: Priestly abuse in the Philippines  (Read 15228 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Priestly abuse in the Philippines
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 05:52 PM »
That was a reply to rascal. Read the posts before rascal posted his comment again Klaus. Again, thread was about pedophile priests UNTIL RASCAL MADE IT PERSONAL.

Then don't be dense din sir.  Klaus just stated his real agenda behind starting the thread.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 05:57 PM »
wala bang juicy sa mga pinoy clergy? wag un banyaga, corny
exampol kunwari lang.... c fr.sonny ramirez..ganito ganyan...

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 05:57 PM »
Then don't be dense din sir.  Klaus just stated his real agenda behind starting the thread.
There are already lots of threads that generally talk about that. That is the main idea but this is just more specific. There's nothing wrong with being specific,  is there?
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016 at 05:57 PM by leomarley »

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:00 PM »
The Catholic Church is a powerful force in the Philippines. Apart from the occasional "scandal" of a priest impregnating a woman here and there, I hear nothing of a priest molesting a child here. Imposible naman na totally wala. Ang dami-daming simbahan dito. Meron yata yun. I just want to know if you know of anyone who's been molested/raped/abused by a priest but was kept a secret by the Church. 

and why do you want to know sir?  what's the motivation?   ;D

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:01 PM »
Just like in the Hobbies &  interests section. Different threads about automobiles discussing specific parts of car care but the general idea is how to take care of your car. Ganun din 'tong thread.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:02 PM »
There are already lots of threads that generally talk about that. That is the main idea but this is just more specific. There's nothing wrong with being specific,  is there?

Of course not.  That's why I specifically asked....
So where was the pedophile priests in his post?
The Catholic Church is very powerful organization in the Philippines who takes it upon themselves to impose moral authority over people. OF COURSE, it needs to be criticized and taken down AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE because I do believe they're every bit as corrupt as our government. The fact that they have so much sway in our political system is one of the reasons hindi tayo nakakaunlad as a nation.

Rizal has warned us of Padre Damaso's and Padre Salvi's. We still have not learned that lesson.

(NOTE: Before you say anything else, no, I was never molested by a priest.)

So why not be very specific with the thread title as well since there's nothing wrong with being specific?  Title it... Catholic Church Abuses.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:03 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:07 PM »
name names ...this threads getting nowhere

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:10 PM »
So how many times do I have to tell you that it is a reply specifically to rascal's attack on him? It's is just a case of him being off topic.  Sinagot ko na ng ilang beses pero you're still looking for an answer na papasok sa argument mo.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:11 PM »
typical

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:12 PM »
So how is making the title "Catholic Church Abuses" make it more specific? Do you not know what specific means?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:13 PM »
So how many times do I have to tell you that it is a reply specifically to rascal's attack on him? It's is just a case of him being off topic.  Sinagot ko na ng ilang beses pero you're still looking for an answer na papasok sa argument mo.

It was rhetoric sir....

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:14 PM »
Of course. Saying it's rethoric is convenient. Nice cop-out.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:14 PM by leomarley »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:17 PM »
So how is making the title "Catholic Church Abuses" make it more specific? Do you not know what specific means?

So being specific is like you said.... being off topic?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:18 PM »
Of course. Saying it's rethoric is convenient. Nice cop-out.

Because it was.... I was citing my post as an example of being very specific.  I didn't press you to answer it did I?

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:34 PM »
"if you can't win an argument, make it blurry"

Don't make it complicated than it needs to be,  DVD_freak. Just answer this non-rethorical question. Was the thread specifically about pedophile priests before rascal personally attacked Klaus?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:41 PM »
"if you can't win an argument, make it blurry"

Don't make it complicated than it needs to be,  DVD_freak. Just answer this non-rethorical question. Was the thread specifically about pedophile priests before rascal personally attacked Klaus?

It started that way.  But was Klaus' response no longer specifically related to priestly abuse?

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:47 PM »
No buts. You already admit that the thread was about pedophile priests until that comment by rascal. Rascal was the one who made it off topic. I rest my case.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:50 PM »
No buts. You already admit that the thread was about pedophile priests until that comment by rascal. Rascal was the one who made it off topic. I rest my case.

Hahaha!  Now that is both convenient and a cop out answer. 

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #48 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:50 PM »
and why do you want to know sir?  what's the motivation?   ;D

I want to know if justice is served or are the victims either paid off or are made to feel guilty out of pressing charges against a priest to avoid scandal kasai wala akong naririnig na balita ng mga pari nakukulong dahil sa pag-momolestiya o pag-rape ng mga bata o kababaihan.

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7169
« Reply #49 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:04 PM »
just look at it this way....religions are comprised of men and men are sinners, it is just that...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:09 PM »
That was a reply to rascal. Read the posts before rascal posted his personal attack against Klaus. Again, thread was about pedophile priests UNTIL RASCAL MADE IT PERSONAL.

I never made it personal. The fact is Klaus always attacks the Catholic Church. Never heard a good thing from him. I clearly stated that in my responses. Why can't things be putting the Catholic Church and the priests who deliver the mass to the people in better light? Why the need to always criticize?

For me he is being very personal so might as well go with the flow.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:15 PM »
I want to know if justice is served or are the victims either paid off or are made to feel guilty out of pressing charges against a priest to avoid scandal kasai wala akong naririnig na balita ng mga pari nakukulong dahil sa pag-momolestiya o pag-rape ng mga bata o kababaihan.

Wala ka siguro marinig dahil sarado tenga mo :)

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:15 PM »
problem is, crimes like these should not be settled out of court. worst that the government can do is a slap on the wrist.

The government treats a supposedly civil case as a criminal case (libel) then treats a criminal case as a civil case (Catholic pedophile priests).

that is your opinion, but the reality is, these things can be settled out of court...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:22 PM »
The Catholic Church is very powerful organization in the Philippines who takes it upon themselves to impose moral authority over people. OF COURSE, it needs to be criticized and taken down AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE because I do believe they're every bit as corrupt as our government. The fact that they have so much sway in our political system is one of the reasons hindi tayo nakakaunlad as a nation.

Rizal has warned us of Padre Damaso's and Padre Salvi's. We still have not learned that lesson.

(NOTE: Before you say anything else, no, I was never molested by a priest.)

indeed, and if we wanted we can make the INC look very tiny as king maker...
but the RC is above all that....

and yes, because priests are people too, some of them commit sins/crimes just like any other men...
but who are we to judge them?.....

if they broke any law, then throw the book at them....end of discussion...

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:22 PM »
There are priests in other religions who are also pedophiles - imposible naman na wala. Kalkal na lang tayo ng balita tungkol sa kanila.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:26 PM »
that is your opinion, but the reality is, these things can be settled out of court...
Didn't claim it as fact. But seriously, how can they let a crime that f*cks up children's minds be settled out of court?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 07:31 PM »
Didn't claim it as fact. But seriously, how can they let a crime that f*cks up children's minds be settled out of court?

go ask the judge why he allowed it to happen....

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 08:38 PM »
It's a "rethorical" question.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 09:02 PM »
There are priests in other religions who are also pedophiles - imposible naman na wala. Kalkal na lang tayo ng balita tungkol sa kanila.

Yes. I have no doubt that there are priests, rabbis, ministers, imams, etc. who are also pedophiles but I do think what makes the Catholic priest pedophile scandal worse is that the Pope and the Vatican, instead of removing the priest from duty and surrendering him to the authorities, they send him to "counseling", they pay off the kids and parents for their silence and, stupidly believing that he's "cured", move him around parishes, allowing that priest to molest/rape even MORE children.

For the Catholic Church to do that and then turn around and tell people how it's a sin to use a condom, to have premarital sex, to be gay, to masturbate, etc. is complete and utter hypocrisy. Nagmamalinis sila at naghuhusga sila sa sex lives ng iba at sila nagapapayag sila ma-rape ang mga bata. Mga demonyo. They lost any right to a moral high ground in my eyes.

Up until now, marami pa rin nahahalungkat na scandal sa simbahan abroad. Ano kaya mahahalungkat dito sa Pinas? Madami siguro kasi maraming deboto dito. Mahirap pa. Siguro mas maraming mauuto, mababayaran o di kaya tatakutin na pupunta sila sa impiyerno kung hindi nila i-forgive si Father sa pag-rape ng anak nila.

rascal, you are very defensive of the Church. I understand. But you, the devout Catholic, should hold your Church the MOST accountable for these crimes. The Church is still ran by men (oh, there's another issue I have with the Church which would entail a whole new thread), men who can be sinners, men who can be short-sighted, men who can do stupid things and men who can be utter hypocrites. 

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 09:32 PM »
I am no more devout than the typical Catholic. However, I find it disheartening that you put undue emphasis on the Catholic church. Do you have nothing better to do? If such priests have done sin against then they should be tried in court and proper judgment be rendered. End of story.

The question is why the need to highlight. You are going in circles. You've mentioned this in another thread and here you are again harping. Guess it must be you have nothing better to do.