Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-400 #1 3D Dual Core, New VXP Processor, iPad Integration, NMJ  (Read 62494 times)

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Any updates about the A400 performance?

No news is definitely bad news in this case.

Is anybody actually happy with his/her A400 right now?

Hi bro, happy camper here. The latest firmware for the A400 fixed the DTS-HD/MA problem. I use the A400 mainly for 2D movies. No 3D movies here. The "items" I got from you months ago, I cannot play with the old firmware but with the latest release, all play "ok" :)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Tsip!  Nice to know about that!

So very stable na MKVs and Full 2D BDs (BDMV) basta hindi networked?   How about TrueHD?  Syempre wala pa rin BD Java (Full BD Nav) dahil sa issue ng BD licensing and Cinavia, and mukhang malabo talaga yon kahit anong new player or chipset pa lumabas.

I have another good friend who seems to like his Mede8er1000X for his 3D viewing.

Hi bro, happy camper here. The latest firmware for the A400 fixed the DTS-HD/MA problem. I use the A400 mainly for 2D movies. No 3D movies here. The "items" I got from you months ago, I cannot play with the old firmware but with the latest release, all play "ok" :)

Offline Dollarman

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • DVD Addict
  • forever noob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6

sir jao, how about for 3d sbs? malaki ba diff sir sa pq between a400 and the rest of the nmts available now?
Ref3A MM de Capo BE
REGA Elex-r
SL1200 MK3
Yaqin VK2100
Onkyo 818
Panasonic AE8000
Polk Audio
SVS

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Tsip!  Nice to know about that!

So very stable na MKVs and Full 2D BDs (BDMV) basta hindi networked?   How about TrueHD?  Syempre wala pa rin BD Java (Full BD Nav) dahil sa issue ng BD licensing and Cinavia, and mukhang malabo talaga yon kahit anong new player or chipset pa lumabas.

I have another good friend who seems to like his Mede8er1000X for his 3D viewing.

Yup as long sa non-networked viewing ok lang. I'm really interested in full BD menus, my primary concern is picture and audio quality hence the "Big Files" :D

For DD-THD, I think ok na rin, I know of some movies from your collection that I can play and watch already.

sir jao, how about for 3d sbs? malaki ba diff sir sa pq between a400 and the rest of the nmts available now?

Hi Bro,

Sorry ha pero I don't have any experience playing 3D in my A400
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Dollarman

• DVD Addict
  • forever noob
  • Liked:
Yup as long sa non-networked viewing ok lang. I'm really interested in full BD menus, my primary concern is picture and audio quality hence the "Big Files" :D

For DD-THD, I think ok na rin, I know of some movies from your collection that I can play and watch already.

Hi Bro,

Sorry ha pero I don't have any experience playing 3D in my A400

pq sir? im using asus o!play at the moment and would like to know how big the diff of pq is before upgrading to a400.
Ref3A MM de Capo BE
REGA Elex-r
SL1200 MK3
Yaqin VK2100
Onkyo 818
Panasonic AE8000
Polk Audio
SVS

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Tsip 1186 ba ang Asus mo?  I've used both the R300S and the A400 in 3D and I couldnt notice that much difference on a 50 inch screen - perhaps kung PJ sizes.

Pero one thing for sure, nakakaduling ang subs ng SBS or OU compared to full 3DBD.

It's not the PQ ang habol ko sa PCH but yung proper FW update support AND BD-Java (Full BD Nav).  Kaso masalimuot ang case ng A400 so I think I would just keep on collecting A200/210/300 then just get whatever 3DBD player is suitable.

pq sir? im using asus o!play at the moment and would like to know how big the diff of pq is before upgrading to a400.

Offline Dollarman

• DVD Addict
  • forever noob
  • Liked:
Tsip 1186 ba ang Asus mo?  I've used both the R300S and the A400 in 3D and I couldnt notice that much difference on a 50 inch screen - perhaps kung PJ sizes.

Pero one thing for sure, nakakaduling ang subs ng SBS or OU compared to full 3DBD.

It's not the PQ ang habol ko sa PCH but yung proper FW update support AND BD-Java (Full BD Nav).  Kaso masalimuot ang case ng A400 so I think I would just keep on collecting A200/210/300 then just get whatever 3DBD player is suitable.

i believe its 1185 sir.... will be using sana with  a pj...
masalimuot?  ???
Ref3A MM de Capo BE
REGA Elex-r
SL1200 MK3
Yaqin VK2100
Onkyo 818
Panasonic AE8000
Polk Audio
SVS

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Popcorn Hour A400 new firmware
« Reply #247 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 09:24 AM »
Minimum required Firmware to flash to this firmware
05-01-130329-25-POP-422 STEPSTONE

Release date: 10 July 2013
Firmware version: 05-03-130710-25-POP-422-000 (Forum Release)

1. Known Issues
   - Playing a DVD with DD over Avr and then play any file with PCM gives just noise
   - BD with TrueHD when keep on pressing Info/Title button will get audio drop issue
   - Adaptive Deinterlacing & Film Cadence Detection causing issues with frameratesync and MotionBars when enabled

2. Firmware
   - Fixed UTF16 external srt subtitle with a sequence of 0x00 hang video playback
   - Fixed issue with Zoom Function, only "Actual Size" was available
   - Fixed 3D BD not switching into 3D Mode
   - Fixed BD sometimes show both embedded and external subtitle at the same time
   - Fixed video show incorrect aspect ratio after playback youtube video
   - Fixed subtitle pane sometimes incorrectly show subtitle as off when idxsub is showing
   - Fixed certain MKV cannot play smoothly from beginning until the end (no buffering)
   - Fixed video freeze and audio mute when doing seek for ts
   - Fixed smooth fast forward
   - Fixed long arabic string could crash the system.
   - Fixed incorrect BD total duration
   - Fixed deinterlacer problem on 24p
   - Added video zoom option for 3D video
   - Improve on BD streaming performance
   - Improve speed on ts seek

3. NMJ
   - Fixed delete does not show any message for read-only database
   - Fixed Song list does not support return key to open menu
   - Fixed "choose a playlist" & "add to queue" prompt, and "Artist" does not translate
   - Fixed "Add music to playlist" is chopped in german
   - Fixed Add to queue prompt does not handle marquee
   - Fixed NMJ in some case shows 1 photo when there are 3 photos
   - Fixed browsing video detail info with hebrew char can cause reboot issue.
   - Fixed navigating left/right in video detail page could cause framework crash issue
   - Fixed music playback add to current queue could cause crash issue
   - Fixed problem where some tv series group under movie instead of tv series
   - Fixed delete movie only show "deleting..." OSD without "done" OSD
   - Fixed suggest to show (current or next or last) for Add to Queue from the quick audio pane
   - Fixed Add to queue from quick audio pane is handled as add to queue (last). happened at all view modes
   - Fixed get missing series photo after some steps
   - Fixed Music: Yellow key is not working on Recently Scan / By song / By user rating / Search results
   - Fixed Music detail page: chinese artist name look like stick together
   - Fixed Music: Add to queue(Next and Last) is not working on Recently Scan/By song/By User Rating/Search Results
   - Fixed Music: do not clear the "0-9 or a to z" category from right side at playlist page
   - Fixed TV series: the left/right arrow key from season pane always dim down
   - Fixed TV series detail page: show as "Season" instead of "Season 1" after delete one of the episode
   - Fixed TV series: show option menu and menu pane after exit TV series detail page followed by press on menu button from RC
   - Fixed TV series: change series photo manually but cannot work after refetch
   - Fixed TV series detail page: after watched all the episodes but do not show the watched icon on series poster
   - Fixed Photo: do not show the title bar on list view mode
   - Fixed Photo: select green key from RC is not working. Happened on category view mode
   - Added support for TV episode title from filename
   - Pause scanner if scanner is running during start video playback
   - Updated Chinese simplified Chinese
   - Updated German Translation
   - Revert episode enter play behaviour to single play
   - Removed centralize fanart in episode list in tv series detail and video details

4. Apps Market
   - Fixed apps using https crash intermediately

Offline xb24

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 74

Hi sir which firmware is this? May 2013 firmware?  What's the dts-hd/ma problem and has the 24p playback been fixed no more microstutter? Thanks

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
Hi guys, hope you can help me. I recently purchased this player. After setting it up and updating the firmware, I connected my Probox 4-bay. All the drives are detected according to the window pop-up on the upper right side of the screen. But when I went to view the local drives, one of the HDD (2tb WD green) is not being displayed. All other HDDs are being shown except for that particular HDD. I tried moving it to another bay, and also installing it inside the A-400, but it still would not show up in the available drives.

Connecting the drive to my PC works perfectly. I also tried connecting it again to my old A210, and it worked flawlessly. I tried installing a jumper as suggested on another forum, but still the problem remains. Is this a compatibility issue with the A-400 and some WD hdds? The other drives I have are also WD greens. I'm running out of ideas so any help would be appreciated at this point. TIA
SARS!!!

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
What is the best price for this nmt?
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
What is the best price for this nmt?

IIRC, the cheapest is 13.2k.
SARS!!!

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
IIRC, the cheapest is 13.2k.

Pa pm sir if saan sya 13.2k. Ty :)

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
Just an update. After moving and deleting some files from the drive, it strangely started to work. All the files are now visible and playable. :) I don't know how it was fixed, but am sure glad that I did not have to transfer all those files to another HDD.  8)

By the way, anybody using 3TB drives  with the A400? any compatibility problems?

Hi guys, hope you can help me. I recently purchased this player. After setting it up and updating the firmware, I connected my Probox 4-bay. All the drives are detected according to the window pop-up on the upper right side of the screen. But when I went to view the local drives, one of the HDD (2tb WD green) is not being displayed. All other HDDs are being shown except for that particular HDD. I tried moving it to another bay, and also installing it inside the A-400, but it still would not show up in the available drives.

Connecting the drive to my PC works perfectly. I also tried connecting it again to my old A210, and it worked flawlessly. I tried installing a jumper as suggested on another forum, but still the problem remains. Is this a compatibility issue with the A-400 and some WD hdds? The other drives I have are also WD greens. I'm running out of ideas so any help would be appreciated at this point. TIA
SARS!!!

Offline frontANDcenter

• Collector
  • @dandarWIN
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
^That's great news, Sir.. I myself own a pch a400 and am planning to get a 4-bay probox this weekend, actually later tonight. I only have one 3TB drive (WD green) which is working perfectly inside my a400.

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
A very happy a400 user here. Got mine last monday. :)

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
A very happy a400 user here. Got mine last monday. :)

Congrats on your purchase sir.

^That's great news, Sir.. I myself own a pch a400 and am planning to get a 4-bay probox this weekend, actually later tonight. I only have one 3TB drive (WD green) which is working perfectly inside my a400.

That's good to hear. Thank you for the info. :) Need to save up for that 3tb drive. :D
SARS!!!

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
New Interface for Popcorn Hour A-400
« Reply #257 on: Oct 22, 2013 at 02:59 PM »
Popcorn Hour A-400 New interface

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
New Firmware out!
« Reply #258 on: Oct 22, 2013 at 03:01 PM »
Release date: 18 October 2013
Firmware version: 05-04-131014-25-POP-422-000

1. Firmware
   - Fixed playing a DVD with DD over Avr and then play any file with PCM gives just noise (on passthrough setting)
   - Fixed some mkv hang when subtitle is off or turning subtitle off
   - Improve m2ts seek accuracy
   - Fixed simple bd wrong seek and elapsed time
   - Fixed subtitle not working after changing audio track sometimes
   - Fixed ass and srt subtitle wrong positioning problem
   - Fixed WAV gapless doesn't work
   - Fixed certain flac no sound when playing second songs onward on current playlist
   - Fixed video scaling hang
   - Fixed some mkv crash at the beginning of the playback
   - Pause video playback until hdmi initialization is completed to fix missing audio at the beginning (mkv, mp4, avi and ts)
   - Enable subtitle change during pause and ff mode
   - Improvement on video start with frameratesync enabled

2. System
   - Fixed system sometimes unable to turn back on after power off
   - Fixed Network drop issue reported in Forum
   - Added OSD message when connect/disconnect to PC through USB Slave
   - Added New Font for System and Subtitles
   - Added new Homescreen with dynamic Weather background, Recently Played, Shortcut folder,....
   - Added new Homescreen Setup menu
     - Added personalize section
     - able to set wallpaper for home and filebrowser
     - able to reset to default wallpaper for home and filebrowser
     - able to disable home menu items
     - able to delete home Add- on
     - able to delete shortcuts
   - Added option to set wallpaper for filebrowser in filebrowser sidemenu
   - Added option to add Shortcuts to the Homescreen or to the Shortcut Folder, from the filebrowser sidemenu
   - Added change skin feature
   - Updated french, german, czech, spanish, italian and hungarian language files.

3. NMJ
   - Fixed scanner parse incorrect episode title during scanning multiple episodes in a single file without internet connection
   - Fixed NMJ parental rating not in sync with setup, i.e. missing PG-15 & NC-17
   - Fixed unable to pause music playback at music detail, setup and home page
   - Fixed lost focus after select "Add to playlist" from Recently scanned
   - Fixed when stopping playback and going back to listing page, remote control does not response after do quick search at list view mode
   - Fixed show "undefined" on quick audio pane at Recently Scanned
   - Fixed Add to queue from quick audio pane doesn't work for "all albums from this group"
   - Fixed remote control does not response after do quick search followed by pressing the Info button on the Remote at list view
   - Fixed song info does not close when last item in the playlist has been removed
   - Fixed song title and artist text field too long
   - Added option to create a shortcut for the Jukebox
   - Improve on single directory rescan

4. Apps Market
   - Added option to add Shortcuts to the Homescreen or to the Shortcut Folder

NMT Apps Version : 05-01-130708-25-POP-422

- Updated nzbget to 11.0 (Thanks jhmiller and hugbug)
   - new nzbget use .nzb in share folder now, .nzbget folder has no function anymore, you can delete after update the .nzbget folder on your local harddrive, take note that you need to key in all nzbget settings again
   - Web Login User:nmt Pass:1234

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
New Features on A400
« Reply #259 on: Oct 24, 2013 at 03:55 PM »
Here in details what you will get additionally now:

1) Home Wallpaper
- changing accordingly to the weather
- changing accordingly to the day time
- customizing by users
- localized weather report

2) Home Menu Add-on
- creating own shortcuts on the home screen for fast access to your favorite folder, apps or jukebox.
- disabling unwanted icons at home screen
- shortcut to recently played videos

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Customize your Home Screen
« Reply #260 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 08:56 AM »
You can now customize your home screen!

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Direct Stream Digital (DSD) is now available for your Popcorn Hour A400!
« Reply #261 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 08:58 AM »
Now available! just update your firmware!

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2013 at 09:01 AM by ert »

Offline emer090765

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Now available! just update your firmware!

sir Ert if in case I've upgraded to this new firmware, pwede ko pa bang i downgrade ulit from the last firmware? 
If kasi this is not suited in my daily use o may flaw, Thanks

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Popcorn Hour Promo Buy 1 get 20% on your 2nd item!
« Reply #263 on: Dec 12, 2013 at 09:55 AM »
We have a promo exclusive for Pinoydvd members only

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Worth it ba to upgrade from A300 to A400? Malaki ba difference in terms of PQ? Or what are the other benefits? Thanks :)

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Popcorn Hour A400 Firmware Update
« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2014 at 12:20 PM »
Release date: 28 April 2014
Firmware version: 05-06-131023-25-POP-425-802

1. Firmware
    - reduce distance between arabic and hebrew characters in subtitle
    - fixed some pgs subtitle does not showed on screen
    - fixed sometimes resume from bookmark showed the wrong subtitle track
    - fixed taking 10 seconds to show idx subtitle after resume from bookmark for avi format video
    - fixed some subtitle did not show at the center of the screen
    - moved external subtitle position to lower part of the screen
    - fixed sometimes white snowy screen showed for a short instance for video with idx or pgs subtitle
    - fixed some m2ts file will stuck at the end of the file when resume playback from bookmark
    - fixed sometime video resume from bookmark will start playback at the beginning of the clip for a few seconds, before jumping to the point of bookmark
    - fixed when some video is playing with "Actual Size" video zoom setting, zooming in or out will black out the screen
    - fixed playback crash when bd playlist (.mpls) file is corrupted
    - fixed audio file with long file name will crash if playback using play key on remote control (play as playlist)
    - fixed crash when play certain FLAC clip
    - fixed TrueHD output as DTSHD MA (buzzing sound) after played any DTSHD MA clips
    - fixed sometimes DTSHD HRA is output as DTSHD MA (buzzing sound)
    - fixed sometimes TrueHD passthrough not working when switch from other audio track
    - fixed failure to detect DTS/DTSHD stream for certain ts clips
    - fixed video with PCM audio format playback with no sound after playing any DTSHD/TrueHD clips. Only happens on some amplifier
    - fixed audio no output for DTSHD after played DVD via passthrough at some amplifier
    - fixed no audio output when playback MKV with WMAPro audio track
    - fixed some mkv take 4-5sec to show video codec info (VC1) at info bar
    - fixed playing certain BD for the second time will have wrong framerate shown on the info bar
    - improvement on long playback crash and random crash problem
    - fixed pressing prev key on remote control does not show the previous photo when doing png photo slideshow
    - support volume adjust on airplay, from itune software

2. System
    - fixed sometimes system crash when turning on the tv, if the tv is previously off before the screensaver come out
    - fixed unable to access WMP11 from network sometimes
    - fixed cannot playback from WMP

3. Apps
    - fixed any video channel in TED app always playback as actual size
    - fixed video in TED app always paused after buffering, when tv mode is 1080p24
    - fixed torrent maximum upload and download speed are not in sync between web browser UI and BT manager App
    - fixed Audio CD Ripper app unable to rip audio cd if select all the audio file

4. NMJ
    - improve on japanese translation
    - fixed sometimes player freeze at nmj screen capture when playing video over network

http://www.cloudmedia.com/support/firmware/viewdownload/28-a-400/141-05-06-140414-25-pop-422-802

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Guys I need your help. Yung plastic inside the USB input port sa gilid ng A400, kung saan nakakapit yung mga metal wires broke off. Paano kaya ito maayos? May nagseservice ba dito ng A400?

Thanks a lot.
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G