Author Topic: Crown Speakers  (Read 13523 times)

Offline hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • life goes on...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Crown Speakers
« on: Mar 12, 2004 at 10:04 AM »
Hey guys,

JUst saw crown speakers selling in Raon, I always heard this speaker for parties and other public activities. Is it also good for HT?

I once saw the floor stander selling for P3,600/pair they also have surrounds and front selling P2,800. Seller said, it was manufactured by CROWN for home theater use. Anyone having this sets? Is it a good buy?

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
Re:Crown Speakers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004 at 10:32 AM »
In my experience, they are hard to drive. I've installed a system for a friend using Daiichi ct-813s for fronts, ang a Crown center and surround speaker package, result? The Daiichis stood out. We had to add a midrange driver to the center speaker for it to sound better. That was the time na bumilib talaga ako sa Daiichi. Kahit nga sa outdoor, di rin masyadong maganda ang Crown, especially if you compare it with Daiichi. So , kung local lang naman, mag-Daiichi ka na. And with those prices you quoted, pareho lang ang presyo, mas mura pa nga ang Daiichi if you know where to shop. Just my 2 cents...TC.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline textmailbox

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Crown Speakers
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Good day,

We are now planning to buy karaoke speaker for outdoor party.

Anyone who wants to tell us about these speaker models.

Karaoke Amplifier: Sakura AV-502K @ 550Wpc 8Ohms

Speaker Option1:

Crown PRO-2001, 500W, 2Way, 12" Woofer w/ Horn Driver, 8 ohms, 97dB/W/M, 45Hz-18 Khz

Speaker Option2:

Crown BF-1208C, 650W, 3Way, 12" Woofer, Mid 5", Tweet 3", 8 ohms, 99dB/W/M, 45Hz-18Khz

Speaker Option3:

Crown BF-1205 PA, 500W, 2Way, 12" Woofer w/ Horn Driver, 8 ohms, 100dB/W/M, 50Hz-20Khz

Budget for speakers Php 5,000-7,000

Website Link:
http://www.crown.com.ph/index.php/product/search/baffles#hifi

Your opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

:)

Offline cyclone

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 11:04 PM »
Good day,

We are now planning to buy karaoke speaker for outdoor party.

Anyone who wants to tell us about these speaker models.

Karaoke Amplifier: Sakura AV-502K @ 550Wpc 8Ohms

Speaker Option1:

Crown PRO-2001, 500W, 2Way, 12" Woofer w/ Horn Driver, 8 ohms, 97dB/W/M, 45Hz-18 Khz

Speaker Option2:

Crown BF-1208C, 650W, 3Way, 12" Woofer, Mid 5", Tweet 3", 8 ohms, 99dB/W/M, 45Hz-18Khz

Speaker Option3:

Crown BF-1205 PA, 500W, 2Way, 12" Woofer w/ Horn Driver, 8 ohms, 100dB/W/M, 50Hz-20Khz

Budget for speakers Php 5,000-7,000

Website Link:
http://www.crown.com.ph/index.php/product/search/baffles#hifi

Your opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

:)

Is your amplifier really 550wpc rating? Some generic brand are not, like my konzert amp. AV-502a it's 500wpc but it's not really 500wpc the power rating is only 150wpc. The power rating they said is for only a marketing power rating to encourage the buyer(s) to buy their products.

If your amplifier really 550wpc go for the Crown BF-1208C for me, because your amplifier is not professional amp.  do not use professional speaker for Hi-Fi amplifiers.

Do not be loyal on one brand, try other brand. Because some brands has a expertise, for example crown brand expert only in amplifiers, yes they have speakers but they don't expert in the speakers, for speakers go for dai ichi, because dai ichi brand are expert in speakers but they don't have any amplifiers.

hope it helps enjoy! :D

Offline textmailbox

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 05:54 PM »
Hi,

I've just bought a pair of Konzert KSS-10 speakers.  I've really spent hours auditioning the karaoke speaker brands of Dai-ichi, Crown, Titanium, Tamashi, Live, DB Audio and Konzert.  The battle of sizes 10" and 12" was really loud and clear in my ears. What was the verdict?  The *banner speaker of Konzert KSS-10 10" @500wpc really stood out in all the auditions.

At least I have tried them all, now I know what is the difference between the labels and promotions.

You can see the Konzert website by clicking here... http://www.konzert.net.cn/en/index.asp

Cheers!

*banner = frontpage model